7089 N. Marks #101
Fresno, CA 93711Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lelasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (559) 432-9900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: T-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food, Californian
- Executive Chef: Manuel Carr
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Availble to rent out restaurant
- Private Party Contact: Manuel Carr 5594329900
A word from LeLa's Restaurant
Lela's Restaurant hosts old friends from the neighborhood and new friends from the Central Valley. Our California comfort cuisine contains the choicest ingredients sourced from local producers, prepared by Executive Chef Manuel Carr and paired with fine wine to create an exciting seasonal menu and a great dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
LeLa's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fresno ›
LeLa's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (38)notable wine list (28)romantic (27)good for groups (10)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Our new favorite restaurant!LovallthingsitalianDined on 11/15/2014We found Lela's on Open Table after we couldn't get into Cracked Pepper. The ratings seemed too good to be true so we decided to give it a try for our anniversary. We had just returned from a long weekend in Napa Valley filled with fine wines and amazing food. Lela's is right up there with the best of those in Napa!! They have their own in-house Sommelier who does a great job of pairing wines with your dinner choice. I had salmon with preserved lemon asparagus risotto. The fish was cooked perfectly and the risotto was a match made in heaven. My husband had the lamb tenders with jalapeño-mint glaze and a savory bread pudding. AMAZING combination of the hot and cool with the lamb which was almost perfectly cooked. We were visited by the executive chef during dinner. All of the servers were professional, knowledgeable and eager to please!! You will not be disappointed!! Give Lela's a try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseTurtleDined on 11/15/2014When we walked in, we weren't expecting what we were about to receive. The wait staff were friendly, knowledge and helpful. Ryan explained the art work on the walls, pointed out the chef and made great recommendations off the menu. The food was delicious. Two of us had the weekend special (scallops & shrimp) and the other two had the Lamb. Desserts we had were delictable, deconstructed "drumstick" and bread pudding! Wonderful dinning experience. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal & ServiceNoahDined on 11/8/2014My wife's birthday dinner. The food was delicious and the timing impeccable! Our server was Josh and he did a fantastic job with recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dinner!MsrobbyDined on 11/7/2014The staff at Lela's is friendly, professional and attentive. Our meal was delicious! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Favorable first impressionDrDidaskoDined on 11/7/2014We were looking for a "formal" type restaurant for a special dinner with dear friends. Lela's definitely is on the top of the list: the variety of background music, the art on the walls, the presentation and taste of the food, and the service. the waiters wear ties and are both friendly and accommodating. The restaurant plans on the patrons use of the table for 2.5 hours, so there is no rush to eat. The meals use many local fruits and vegetables in pleasant combinations.Special Features:
- Want to go again.bhj3Dined on 10/31/2014It was so delicious that we want to go back and do the whole menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is rich and interestinglanigDined on 10/17/2014The food always rich in favor and very nice presentation. The service is also very good. Nice level of interaction and good information on the options. This is a great find and a place we will eat at on a regular bases.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional dinning experienceLove2dineDined on 10/16/2014I love this restaurant. I am a vegetarian and the chef cooks a special meal for me with fresh and local ingredients. It is a wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintMexicanhifiDined on 10/11/2014Fantastic service and wonderful food. Interpretations on items are surprising, but well thought out to please the palat. Good choice of wines and quite affordable. Already looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another memorable evening.ABauerDined on 10/10/2014The new fall menu is fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening!Special Features:
- Bobby vbobbyVDined on 10/1/2014Selected this restaurant totally from Open Table reviews since Fresno is not a normal business destination. Was not disappointed. Food was outstanding and the owner was very involed in providing personalized service. Maybe the best lamb I have ever tasted! If I am ever near here again I will not search for a dining spot - LeLa is worth a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!gangof8Dined on 9/24/2014This was our second visit to Lela's, and the food was as fabulous this time as it was the last time we were there. We had a large group (8). Our server was very attentive and helpful with menu suggestions and wine pairings. We had a great time. We were a little disappointed at the end of the evening when we felt completely ignored by our server and the manager. After the check was delivered, we were left waiting for the check to be picked up. The manager seemed irritated that we asked for his help to end our evening. I am hopeful it was just a bad evening for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Tiny spot so close to downtown it's easily missed. Must try try he sword fish. Server had good knowledge of the wines. Cook makes what he loves and happens to be the the owner. Came out to our table and asked if the food was ok. Great interaction from staff. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lela's RocksCheswickDined on 9/16/2014Chef Manny does it right. Excellent menu top to bottom. Beet salad and pork belly appetizer are particularly notable. Interesting range of craft beer choices. Would add some lighter whites to the wine/glass list. Nicely varied background music a solid compliment to décor and menu.Special Features:
- Lela's for brotherinlaw BdayVakeeleeDined on 9/13/2014We had an enjoyable time...I was just glad that the open table reservations went through to the restaurant! The portions were great! We each had plenty to sample from one another's plate...but I think the Venison (my dish) and Filet Mignon were the best! I'd like to return soon for the Venison before they stop serving it! I hope they keep it on the menu permanently as there is not many places that serve venison in Fresno!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayboyDined on 9/12/2014Went for my birthday after hearing about the Lamb Lela's make, but ended up ordering the special, Venison. my wife ordered that Lamb so we decided to share. the Lamb was perfect, tasty, havent had lamb this good in ages. The Venison was amazng!! Cooked to perfection. each bite would melt in your mouth. The staff very attentive and funny. This is our go to place now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still continues to be a GREAT Spot!renerVIPDined on 9/9/2014I have been coming here for over a year now and have never had a bad experience, never had a bad meal and always have great service. To me this is the place to beat in Fresno. The menu gradually changes over the seasons and it just keeps getting better! SUPPORT this local restaurant! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Kitchen Window?matineeVIPDined on 9/5/2014If you're going to have a window to your kitchen, it should show more than your employees lockers and your cleaning supplies. If you can't show off a cool kitchen or your chef at work, then what's the point? On the plus side, the staff was attentive and the recommended wine was quite good. The food was solid but nothing really stood out. Overall, a good meal, just not great.
- jayceeDined on 8/27/2014The food was truly amazing in so many ways: flavor, seasonings, presentation, variety of accompaniments . Being a "food lover", and a frequent customer of our best Fresno restaurants, LeLa is a standout, and a "must" for those appreciating a unique eating experience.Special Features:
- Nice first visitFiveThumbsDined on 8/23/2014Not sure how we avoided hearing about Lela's before now, as it definitely stands among Oggi's, Parma, Cracked Pepper, and other nice bistros in Fresno. We had lamb with bread pudding, which was delicious and delivered medium as requested. The one vegetarian dish, penne with vegetables, was al dente and thought provoking (I consider that one step better than "good"). Service was attentive. In fact the only criticism might be that the service was slightly over attentive. I know that's subjective but when we were asked if we would like to box up our leftovers five minutes after the food arrived we had to say "Dude! It's too soon!"Special Features:
- Really good!AliBarahonaDined on 8/20/2014The food was perfect so tasty, wine and beer list were pretty good too, i would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- A Hidden GemWillenaDined on 8/20/2014We had an amazing dining experience at Lela's. Our party of four decided to share, family style, in order to sample as many of the appealing entries on the dining menu. The pork belly appetizer was an appropriate start to a fantastic foodie adventure. A tangy beet salad and greens/watermelon salad followed. We shared a lamb tenders and mango salsa swordfish entrees, ending with the tenderest ribeye steak I have had in years. The restaurant is hidden in a strip meal and not cheap, but everything was flavorful and well worth the cost. Service was very friendly, but a bit slow. There were only two servers on this Wednesday night. Would have been nice if the chef had come out to greet us, so we could tell him how much we enjoyed the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekABauerDined on 8/7/2014Full size portions during restaurant week; an excellent value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014Good food, reasonable prices. Service was excellent attentive, but not overly so. Appreciated that the chef came out to ask about the meal.Special Features:
- The following 80 reviews are from the LeLa's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Wonderful casual eveningfigwomanDined on 7/25/2014The service was great and the food was outstanding! Can't understand why it wasn't busier, but it was just the perfect atmosphere for our group of six. We could all hear each other so our conversation was lively.Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurant!BRH1VIPDined on 7/23/2014Everything about this restaurant is terrific. The food is delicious. Great care is taken in the preparation of each dish. The flavors are extraordinary. The service is attentive and professional. A first-rate restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aawesome find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Hidden, but amazing menu and the staff is super nice. The food is wonderful! Such a hidden gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best for fine diningDonJuanDined on 7/5/2014Lela's has got to be one of the premier restaurants in the Fresno/Clovis area. The food is extreamly delicious!! So much so that one can be full but will continue to eat simply for not wanting any of it to go to waste!! The wine list is one of the best I've seen in this town. And the staff is by far extremely knowledgeable in all that is offered at Lela's. the staff is great with recommendations for those that can't quite decide between all the great menu items. If you haven't been to Lela's you have to treat yourself to a true dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bash fit for a prince!zealotfoodie2Dined on 7/5/2014The beginning of our experience at Lela's was not the first impression you would want to remember. However, it got settled, & from there forward, it was up hill all the way! It was a remarkable evening! The free appetizer, hummus with fried pita bread was fantastic; our ordered appetizer "Crab Fritters" came with an amazing spicy remoulade, it was wonderful! Next, the salad "Tangy Beet Salad" was yummy & delicious! Our main entree's consisted of several Pan Seared Filet Mignon, Rack of Lamb, & Pan Seared Red Snapper. All had there own complements that were pleasing to the senses, especially to the taste buds! Our last course we shared two desserts, blueberry sorbet & a flan that was to die for. I would thoroughly recommend! Bon Appetit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nine to Dine with Wine - 5+/5BrejDined on 7/2/2014Fabulous once again!! We had a group of nine diners and still every course was presented to every diner at the same time and all meals were excellent! It was the first time I had tried Chef Manny's chicken and like everything else I have eaten here, it was sumptuous. We always bring at least one bottle of our own wine with us when we dine at Lela's. This time I brought a wine that should have been excellent. Randy opened the wine and presented a small taste along with the cork to me with a polite and professional skepticism. The wine was corked - spoiled. A regular server at another establishment would likely have just poured the wine. Randy's training as a certified sommelier prevented that from happening and I am grateful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot onluvfoodDined on 6/28/2014Always spot on! Celebrated a birthday with a large party and as usual, our server Josh was on point and friendly. This is our favorite go to for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spot in townDanBMW21Dined on 6/27/2014My wife and I discovered Lela's about 8 months ago after we moved into a new neighborhood and we cannot say enough about it. Always great service, food, Manny (executive chef) is great and definitely knows what he's doing. The restaurant dining room is run really efficiently as we always have great service. I would highly recommend Lela's to anyone looking for great food!Special Features:
- Great food, no "accommodation"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014First visit; once there we realized, not good for toddlers. Asked for a booth to keep our kids locked in. The host disappeared and a minute later came back and said"this is the only table we have that will accommodate you" a 4 top. 2 booths available and we had reservations. They may have been hoping we'd leave. Our server was very friendly, we asked to have the kids food come with our app which came out quickly. Then the wait..Everyone getting served quickly and visited by the owner. Finally we ask about our meal. And he said "oh, your ready for your entree?" YES! More waiting.No visit from the owner-finally food! We ate quickly & left. We did get a visit from the chef, told him the food was great, which it was & left. Never going backSpecial Features:
- Hidden gemDinerDanDined on 6/27/2014Fantastic food & service. Very creative dishes. Portions large, which justifies the somewhat higher than average prices---but enjoyed my leftovers very much, and overall value is definitely there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!!BrejDined on 6/7/2014I live in San Diego but have family in Fresno that I come up to visit every couple of months. Every time I am in Fresno I try to spend an evening with Chef Manny, Randy, and the rest of the Lela's crew. It is ALWAYS a fabulous dining experience!! Highly recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!JrjettVIPDined on 5/30/2014Love this little gem of a restaurant! Food is fresh and flavorful. Two in our group had the lamb tenderloin and left their plates perfectly clean! I had the salmon and although delicious, it was also such a large portion that I was able to enjoy it for lunch the next two days! We started our meal by sharing their beet salad. Yum! And we ended it with their flan and bread pudding. Both were delectable. Add to the mix their friendly and attentive staff, simple yet elegant atmosphere, and this place is a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFrickyDined on 5/16/2014I had a first date at Lela's, boy did they impress, i requeted ahead of time to have some roses laid on the table. They were beautiful. The service was excellent. The wine menu was very good. The food was prepared and presented with care. The food tasted very good. The Filet Minon was the best i have had in a long time. Overall one of the best dinning experiences i have ever had. It didnt break the bank either :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined Here For A Special Occasion!renerVIPDined on 4/19/2014Brought the parents to Lela's for an anniversary dinner. They were "wow'd" by the whole experience! Great wine recommendations, great customer service and the food is OUTSTANDING! If you are looking for a true hidden gem, this is the place... hands down.Special Features:
- Business DinnerrenerVIPDined on 4/10/2014This is one of my favorite places in the Fresno to entertain for business. Most of my clients have eaten at great places in San Francisco, Sacramento & L.A. They are truly delighted when they leave after a great meal. Randy and his staff are friendly and attentive, the mood is nice and the food is excellent. If you have not "liked" them on Facebook, do it now to get the inside scoop on the specials (which are always good). I can only look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Awesome!!BrejDined on 4/5/2014I don't live in Fresno. I have family in Fresno that I visit every couple of months. Every time I am in Fresno, I try to make the time to dine with Chef Manny, Randy, and the whole staff at Lela's. Every time the food has been fabulous! Every time the service is outstanding! Every time it is an evening to remember fondly! This past Saturday night was no exception. Three of us for dinner. House salad was so fresh and so tasty. Caesar salad was spot on. Entrees: Salmon - Ribeye - Filet mignon. All were exquisitely prepared and cooked perfectly. And then dessert... strawberry bread pudding (sorry - I think I just drooled a little bit on my computer keyboard!) and an Amador port. 'Nuff said!!! Would I recommend?? Heck Yeah!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.