117 S 6th St
Boise, ID 83702-5950Neighborhood:
BasquePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lekuonaid.com/
- Phone: 2083456665
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Basque
- Executive Chef: Aitor Artiach
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are two choices for your private dining experience. We have a banquet room that holds up to 65 people as well as an upstairs outdoor patio that holds up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Leku Ona 2083456665
- Entertainment: Every first Thursday we welcome a amazing Basque band called Amuma Says No.
A word from Leku Ona
Authentic Basque cuisine prepared by fully trained chefs. With three floors we can suit any need, including fine dining, banquet space, a full bar and casual dining. If you’re looking for a romantic night with your sweetie or a fun late night with friends, Leku Ona is the place for you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Leku Ona reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (2)scenic view (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great Food, friendly staffllb5515Dined on 8/22/2014Our party did the family style dinner. Everything was excellent. The clam chowder was better than my homemade, which everyone loves. The staff helped us surprise my niece with a surprise visit from her Mom. Everyone there was friendly and attentive. We will be going back as soon as possible, and we live out of state. Thank you all for an evening to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food,slow serviceLuvfoodDined on 6/14/2014The food is great but the service was soooooo slow.. We ordered family style and it took forever in between the foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Style Basque FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/23/2014The rooftop patio is great. The "vibe" is good. The service is spotty. And, the food is okay if you're looking for a really substantial meal. What I cannot understand is why this Basque restaurant does not borrow some inspiration from all the amazing chefs and food that is currently being prepared and served in San Sebastian--the culinary capital of the Basque Country. The food there is far more interesting, quite a bit lighter and one never leaves feeling like it's time for an Alka Seltzer. I just think Leku Ona is missing out on a opportunity to make Basque cuisine more accessible to more people.Special Features:
- The following 20 reviews are from the Leku Ona reviews archive.
- Interesting placeSueMVIPDined on 5/8/2014This was my first experience with Basque food. The menu included some interesting items that aren't normally seen on menus including tongue and Tripe. Though we weren't feeling that adventurous we did try the lamb shanks and the Hake fish. Both were very good. The meals come with soup and salad and the portions were huge.Special Features:
- very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We had reservations for ten and showed up with twelve. They didn't even blink. Large groups are a pain but they served us graciously and cheerfully. I love bringing out of town guests here so they can get a taste of Basque culture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leku OnaLuvGoodEatsDined on 4/18/2014Our service was great. The food was very good. We ordered lamb chops and paella. Paella was served as a side dish at our request; usually served only with chicken entree. It is not a seafood dish as you might expect but had chicken and sausage in the saffron rice mixture, seemed a little heavy. Our entrees came also with a side of delicious haricot green beans. I requested the lamb to be done medium, but arrived rare. Once cooked enough after a few attempts, was delicious. The dining area is attractive and more on the elegant side. Some high overhead fluorescent lights (in attractive light-housing) went on directly over our table casting kind of an odd, unromantic lighting over the area. No ambience music.Special Features:
- DisappointedTheWWFactorDined on 4/18/2014Food was so-so at best. The lamb shank was promoted as a "must try". I have never seen a dish so highly promoted that was so bland, uninspired and extremely poorly presented. The dish was overflowing with sauce that I did not care for.
- Great Basque Cuisinewinelover29Dined on 3/8/2014We went here to celebrate my husband's birthday. As always, Basque food never disappoints. The food is so flavor full. The portions were generous. There is no way you could ever walk away hungry. I was surprised that there weren't more people in there, as it was a Saturday night, however that made for a much more relaxing dinner. We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Good comfort food and great serviceEvadivaDined on 3/7/2014This is my third time here and it was just as great as the first two times. I love the Clam Chowder they serve on Fridays! It's out of this world. The food is very good and generous portions. If you love meat you will love this place. But they also have great salads and fish so don't be put off if you are a vegetarian. the salad with creamy garlic dressing is lovely. I have always come with a group and the portions are generous. We will be back! Enjoy.Special Features:
- Homey, delicious Basque lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/27/2014A rainy day warmed up by a delicious Basque BLT and bean/chorizo soup. Samantha was a fantastic server an the entire experience should be repeated soon!Special Features:
- Don't do itmtskierVIPDined on 2/14/2014I really wanted to like this place. Went on Valentine's day. Waited for 15 mins for drinks and over an hour for food. There were just as many empty tables as occupied ones, but the server made it sound like the kitchen was backed up because they were busy. Had to reorder after about 15 minutes, when we were told that they were out of one of our entrees (our reservation was at 7:30, not late). When food did come out, it looked cheap and tasted that way as well. Ambience is some of the worst I've seen in a restaurant; fluorescent lighting, stale colors, no warmth or soul at all. Really disappointed.
- Go for the Food not the service.DiscontentDined on 2/14/2014I have been a waiter for over 20 years and I enjoy eating out at many different style's of restaurants. I would definitely compliment the Chef on the food but the service was lacking, especially on an occasion like Valentines day. I was in no hurry but two and half hours for a meal is ridiculous. When the waiter was there he was dry and inattentive and that's when he could be found. I shouldn't have to wait 15 minutes for a glass of wine then feel rushed as the desert is flopped on the table.
- Excellent food and serviceJoyfulfrogDined on 12/31/2013We arrived on time for our reservation and the table wasn't ready. The manager served us a complimentary glass of wine and was very accommodating. My husband ordered the squid dish but it wasn't served with the correct rice. No problem, he shared my large portion of the half chicken and paella and they made the right rice for us to take his meal home. They also offered us a complimentary dessert for the inconvenience. Our server, Jesse, was excellent, attentive, and friendly. We will definitely going back to Leku Ona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Basque Dining.....Wine2FoodDined on 11/30/2013This has to be the best Basque dining in Boise ever. The food is plentiful so bring a large appetite. The dining room has a European feel and is ideal for any gathering both large and intimate. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Marvelous soupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2013One of my favorite dishes to order here is the soup and salad, excellent every time with the bean and chorizo being my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOjaiDined on 9/30/2013Staff great,smiling and interacting. I didn't know what to expect with regard to the type of food and was amazingly surprised. Everything from the soup, salad dressing, to my maincourse was fabulous. Cooked to perfection. Thanks for such a special memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedletseatDined on 8/23/2013VERY, VERY SLOW & INADEQUATE SERVICE with just a FEW customers!! We honestly felt like the staff could have cared less about us! Wait person knew VERY little about the choices on the menu & was actually quite "flippant" about answering our questions. We were surprised & disappointed, to say the least! We may try dinner again because we love Basque cuisine - but never lunch (especially just after the noon rush)! Thanks for asking. Sorry we had to make such a negative report.Special Features:
- expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2013We were excited to try Basque cuisine during our recent visit to Boise. The stuffed squid in squid ink sauce was excellent. One other entree and two appetizers were passable at best. Service was poor and disinterested. Entrees arrived before we finished our appetizers. The wine list was limited, but filled with excellent Basque bottles. Our waiter was not at all helpful with wine selections, nor did he offer us a chance to taste our wine before pouring it. There are better choices for Basque food in greater Boise as we found out later.Special Features:
- Way, too longFrankDined on 7/20/2013I went to Leku Ona with my family (2 adults and 2 teenagers) and a friend's (2 adults and infant). From the time we ordered until food came out was nearly an hour (this was pre-main course soups and salads, which is part of their style of service). Appetisers were forgotten, and the final order was messed up, in all we spent three hours there. Had it been fine dining, and had we not come with family, 3 hours is a nice time to take a meal, but it was inappropriate at such a restaurant, and inappropriate as we had children. It was, unfortunately, not a nice time, and not a nice introduction to Basque food. Next time. I'll go to Spain or France.
- Soccer DinnerjlvsDined on 6/13/2013This was my first time at Leku Ona, but my two friends have been there before when they came to Boise for a soccer tournament. Everything was great. I especially liked the Coca Cola Red wine cocktail. The service was excellent and the food was superb.I would come back the next time i am in Boise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late Mother's Day DinnerDLMcDined on 6/3/2013It is a quaint little restaurant and bar in downtown Boise and the staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was frankly average overall when you consider the menu prices. The ham croquettes were tasty, but unfortunately were probably the best part of the dinner. The three of us all decided to have the family style dinner and chose meatballs and grilled pork loin as the proteins. While the food was not bad, the biggest disappointment was that only the meatballs came in a serving dish that was warm, and all other hot food was served on cold plates, which meant that within minutes, the chef's paella (very rudimentary), the grilled pork loin, the cod fish where all completely cold as you worked your way through the various meal choices.
- Basque experienceBobNahantVIPDined on 5/20/2013Very good. A surprise in Boise.... Get the stuffed peppersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJohnVIPDined on 4/18/2013A little disappointing. The red bean chorizo soup was bland. It could have used some spice. I had hake in a pretty good sauce but again, nothing striking. My wife had cod but says she was'underwhelmed'. The service was friendly but slow even though the restaurant was almost empty.Special Features: