Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali
2435 Kaanapali Pkwy. Bldg J
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leilanis.com/
- Phone: (808) 661-4495
- Hours of Operation:
Beachside Grill: Monday-Sunday: 10:30am - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: Ryan Luckey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A spectacular setting, perfect for your celebration-
Experience the spirit of Aloha from the crashing waves, the finest steaks and Hawaii's best seafood along with the genuine friendly service that is a signature of Leilani's.
Consider our dramatic oceanfront restaurant for your next special event. The Dining Room offers sweeping views of the Pacific and can seat up to 90 people.
Exclusive use of the entire restaurant or sections of the restaurant may also be possible with some limitations.
- Private Party Contact: Kako Egi 8086614495x
- Entertainment: Come in to our 2010 Award Winning "Best Bar on Maui" and join us for $4 Happy Hour every day from 3:00-5:00pm. Sit back and enjoy $4 mai tais, margaritas, and draft beers and grab a bite to eat from our Specialty Slider menu, available only during Happy Hour Wednesday - Monday. Stop by on Tuesday for our Taco Tuesday Happy Hour, featuring our famous Fish Taco's!
A word from Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali
Located right on famous Ka’anapali Beach, Leilani’s offers the perfect vantage point for viewing amazing sunsets framed by the islands of Lanai and Molokai. The open air dining room offers sweeping ocean views and features a menu of fresh Island fish, seafood, prime rib, steaks,and barbecue ribs. The outdoor Beachside Grill has long been a popular place for both residents and locals to enjoy their favorite casual fare while sipping exotic cocktails and enjoying live entertainment. Menu offerings include appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, Hawaiian local plates, fish & chips and for dessert Kimo’s Original Hula Pie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (113)great for outdoor dining (104)romantic (70)special occasion (65)fit for foodies (33)hot spot (33)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (24)kid-friendly (23)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (9)late-night find (6)Show More
- HoneymoonersAnniversayDinnerDined on 11/11/2014First real dinner we had in Maui...it was very yummy. Our server was very chill and relaxed, which made feel like we were really on vacation. Would suggest making reservations around sunset and ask for view of water if available. Aloha!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet foodlovinItDined on 11/8/2014My wife loves going to Leilani's. According to her the Filet Mignon melts in your mouth. I'll take her word for it. My prime rib had a Cajun type rub and it was deliciously different. The wait service was quite good for a very busy evening. Our waiter's knowledge of the fish dishes was extensive, even though we opted for meat dishes. All in all, the dining experience would suggest a return trip when we again return to Maui.Special Features:
- A little disappointed55wahineDined on 11/6/2014We have been to Leilani's before and thought we would try it again this trip. Although we had reservations, there was still about a 5-10 minute wait for a table. The hostess seated us with our backs to the ocean. Even though it was dark, it is still nice to look out over the water and watch boats, etc. We changed our seats. The server was a little presumptuous, suggesting that we would "probably" want a salad to start. We probably might have but not after the way the suggestion was made. The food was okay - we've had better. All in all, a little pricey for what we experienced this time. We'll probably come back again and hope for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKimmyKooDined on 11/6/2014We ordered a very simple meal, one black bean burger and one Four cheese pizza. What we got was a very stale bun with some dated bean burger without any taste to speak of. It took 20 minutes and we got wrong pizza. I would not recommend this place. Our waitress was friendly but to the point of being uncomfortable. But the food was below average. We were there on a Friday at noon. You would think the place would be jammed but instead what we witnessed was a ghost restaurant for a good reason.
- read the fine print...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2014Made our reservation while sitting on the beach.... did not notice the reservation was only for the upper eating area.... we prefer the boardwalk area and menu.... still a great dinner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014This was our last meal before returning home. Wow, I am so glad we came. Bread was warm and fresh, even the butter was oh-so-good. Fresh catch of the day was more than perfect. Food weren't tiny proportions where you are still hungry after eating. I realize this and the Hula Grill are the same chain. I think this was definitely better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful evening on the beachVirginia85218Dined on 10/26/2014Leilani's On The Beach is a lovely spot to watch sunset and enjoy a great meal. Service was outstanding and Alaskan King Crab legs quite good.Special Features:
- Luv to EatLuvtoeatDined on 10/24/2014Restaurant was out of many dishes because of a benefit that they were hosting. Really poor to do this on a Friday night. Ordered fresh fish and waiter was not at all conversant in the menu. I asked if the dish came with rice, and the waiter said yes, and he was not correct. Very disappointing......
- Great Views - food, so soMediocreDined on 10/24/2014As is the problem with most of the restaurants in Kaanapali, the views are wonderful but the food variety and quality is not great. None-the-less I am always up for good ahi poke but I did not find it at Leilani's. It was not very flavorful, it was gooey and the fish was mushy. I did, however, have some really good pumpkin soup. The meals that the other 3 of my party had was not remarkable but at least it wasn't bad.Special Features:
- Decent but not greatSGB11VIPDined on 10/23/2014Visiting Maui alone, I made a reservation at Leilani's nearby. The service was great - maître d' and servers frequently stopped by to make sure I was enjoying my meal. Ordered some wine, they brought out bread, and had a nice fresh salad to start. I was looking forward to the pan seared catch of the day but, when it arrived, it was overcooked. The risotto it was served with was necessary to moisten the fish. Very disappointing. Finally, for dessert, my server suggested I not get the famous Hula pie because it was a portion for many, in favor of another of the servers favorites, which was just okay. I should have tried it anyway. Overall, I preferred Hula Grill but would return to Leilani's to try again based on service.
- Great for my birthdaymocks02Dined on 10/20/2014A wonderful restaurant situated in a fantastic location. We were given the best seats in the house for our table of 8. The service was on par and the food was generous. The prawn pasta was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, MEGA SLOW SERVICEGoldie717Dined on 10/17/2014Ate here for dinner in October 2014. Both my husband and I had caesar salads to start, they both came with too much dressing and the salad was kind of warm. Would not get that again. We both had filet mignon, both ordered medium and my husband added a lobster tail to his. Mine was medium correct, my husbands was more rare than medium. The lobster tail was good. Drinks okay. SERVICE IS SLOW - too slow!!! It took over an hour and a half just for salads and the entrees. We had a babysitter to get back to, we could not stay for dessert. Plan to be here for over 2 hours if you want three courses.Special Features:
- First bad dining experience on mauiAaronDined on 10/16/2014Up until eating here I had excellent dining experiences on maui. The service was poor, the filet mignon was unseasoned and the lobster was overcooked.
- A great eveningOnthebeachDined on 10/16/20142 couples visiting Maui and celebrating their 20th and 30th Wedding Anniversaries. Called ahead to let them know and request a special table to be able to enjoy the sunset. We were warmly greeted at arrival and taken to a very nice table with a great view over Ka'anapali beach and the sunset over Lanai. Service was excellent and the meals we had were prepared to everyone's taste. The location, atmosphere and food were all excellent and I was the Hero for my choice!Special Features:
- Poor qualityRustyDined on 10/12/2014Drink order came out wrong. Took so long for the correct drinks to get to the table our food was there. I ordered prime rib. Originally requested rare but the waiter said they were out. At 5:30! Agreed to accept med rare and when it got to the table it was cold and well done. Sent it back and received cold and rare. All the other items were cold as well. The waiter did his best to serve us but the cook staff let everyone down. Loved the scenery but hated the food.Special Features:
- Great serviceConnappDined on 10/12/2014Waitress was was very knowledgeable about the food and preparation. The food came very quickly and done as ordered. The support staff was very attentive. Noticed the lady next to us wasn't happy with her preparation and the waitress took it back and the manager brought out the new plate with the waitress checking back soon. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Nice as alwaysNJFANSDined on 10/11/2014We had another nice meal here. Ahi was good but spice was overwhelming. They said it would be spicy, but I feel their preparation ruined the dish. However, for $32, I would have expected better. My wife's fish dish was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great delicious foodLuvtoeatDined on 10/10/2014The hula pie was delicious and huge that fed all four of us. The teriyaki steak was cooked perfectly and the fish was moist. Good kids menu also . Hula pie was free because of kaamaina special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot to Watch the SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014The service was great, the food was good, the view was amazing! I would definitely go back. Try the ravioli appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Leilani'sekaplansteinDined on 10/9/2014I adore this place it is a must when traveling to Maui!Special Features:
- Always A FavoritedinealotDined on 10/4/2014We come to Maui twice a year and always make sure we go to Leilani's. We enjoy the restaurant upstairs as well as the more casual on the beach. Both places have great selections and the food is always delicious. This time were a party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their meal. Our waiter, Nathan was fantastic - very personable and helpful. We will always make it a point to go to Leilani's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dining ExperiencerogerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Leilani's on the Beach is a must dining experience when visiting Kaanapali. The food is exquisite and the staff is friendly and fun. However my wife will say her favorite dish is the Hula Pie so it's a must to try.Special Features:
- ExcellentAtegreat247Dined on 9/28/2014Alaskan king crab legs were amazing, my husband had the filet mignon and it was to die for!!! A must try, and an amazing view of the sunset if you go around 6-6:30Special Features:
- Leilani's on the beach at MauiMinihahaDined on 9/24/2014We have had several excellent dining experiences at Leilani's This week the meal was particularly lucscious with amazing fish Service was attentive and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views & meal!wjbnapaDined on 9/24/2014Sat out on the south patio and had a wonderful dinner overlooking the ocean as the sun was setting. Weren't hurried along. Our waiter did an excellent job answering our questions about the menu. The fish was awesome!Special Features:
- Great sunsetjack101Dined on 9/23/2014Every table in the restaurant has a great view except the one in the corner that they gave us. We had fish, snapper, and teriyaki steak for dinner and a glass of merlot. We share the hula pie for dessert. The food was good and our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hammDined on 9/23/2014This was excellent and as good as I remember it from several other times we have dined here. The waiter was wonderful which made our evening very enjoyable. We introduced some friends who have never been there to one of our favorite places. We had our honeymoon dinner here over 20 years ago and still go go back every year and it is as special as it was then. An excellent and memorable place to eat. Food was wonderful and with the Hawaiian sunsets and the Hula Pie how can you miss!!!!Special Features:
- BeachClubgirlDined on 9/21/2014It was disappointing in general, most likely will not return with so many other great restaurants in the areaSpecial Features:
- Sunset at Leilani'sOHJOHNNYBOYDined on 9/21/2014This is one of the TS Restaurant Group in Hawaii and California. My wife and I were on Maui and Kauai for 13 days total and we went to 4 different TS properties; it was that good. Seafood is wonderful and we both had the seafood at all 5 visits (we went again to Duke's Canoe Club on Kauai) but the red meat looked great as well. It's a splurge with dinner for two with a drink each for about $100 but it wasn't that much more expensive that places with worse views and good but not excellent food. Service was uniformly excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/15/2014Had dinner in their main dining room. Steak was above average. Service was great. Had nice seat watching the sunset. The following day had lunch at their beachside café. Amazing fish tacos! One of the best I ever had. Service was great there too! If I had to pick one or the other, have the fish tacos at the beachside café!Special Features:
- BarbDined on 9/14/2014Plan your dinner so you are there for the beautiful sunset. Hundreds of birds gather in a nearby tree and chirp until the sun goes down. The whole atmosphere is great for the first time Maui visitor or for someone like us who goes there twice a year. Food is good too, by the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food to Go With ViewMartyRVIPDined on 9/14/2014Leilani's has two levels; an upstairs if you want a quiet, romantic dinner and a downstairs more suitable for families with kids, or later in the evening to have a few cocktails and dinner while watching entertainment. The food is very good and the service is excellent. The view is, of course, spectacular being directly on the beach.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner experienceJayJayDined on 9/13/2014Good meal, great service made for a nice dinner for our group. Sunset view from second floor dining level was a plus. We ate dinner here twice during our stay in Kaanapali, coincidentally getting the same great server who went the extra mile to accommodate our requests. Save room for the hula pie dessert to share! Restaurant also has a casual outside dining section with bar by the beach walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you only have one meal out . . .tjjammerDined on 9/9/2014Start here and then spend the rest of your vacation trying to find another restaurant that can measure up. It is that far ahead of all other experiences anywhere. Interesting catches of the day, creative sauces done correctly and a finely balanced plate.Special Features:
- jdogieDined on 9/7/2014Great Food, ok service, the waiter was not real knowledgeable about the wine list. We were a party of 4 and the service was way too fast.Special Features:
- yummy aloha foodnomnommomDined on 9/6/2014always a great place to go for some local hawaiian food....and the views are just unbeatable!Special Features:
- Leilani's awesomeBal1VIPDined on 9/5/2014Great Place in all the years i have been going to Leilani's i have never had a bad experience....Food is great.Special Features:
- Great food with a viewGaryVIPDined on 8/30/2014Ahi tuna signature dish was great. Beat salad little too much vinegar and not enough beets. Our server Lisa was wonderful, especially helpful with our grandson. Even helped take stroller down stairs .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealScottVIPDined on 8/30/2014Another great meal at Leilani's. Our second time there and both times were great! We will return our next time in Kāʻanapali.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in KaanapaliSeeJayDined on 8/30/2014For a delicious, scenic, memorable dinner experience....upstairs dining at Leilani's! We go back every time we're in the Lahaina area.Special Features: