Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali
2435 Kaanapali Pkwy. Bldg J
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leilanis.com/
- Phone: 8086614495x
- Hours of Operation:
Beachside Grill: Monday-Sunday: 10:30am - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: Ryan Luckey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A spectacular setting, perfect for your celebration-
Experience the spirit of Aloha from the crashing waves, the finest steaks and Hawaii's best seafood along with the genuine friendly service that is a signature of Leilani's.
Consider our dramatic oceanfront restaurant for your next special event. The Dining Room offers sweeping views of the Pacific and can seat up to 90 people.
Exclusive use of the entire restaurant or sections of the restaurant may also be possible with some limitations.
- Private Party Contact: Kako Egi 8086614495x
- Entertainment: Come in to our 2010 Award Winning "Best Bar on Maui" and join us for $4 Happy Hour every day from 3:00-5:00pm. Sit back and enjoy $4 mai tais, margaritas, and draft beers and grab a bite to eat from our Specialty Slider menu, available only during Happy Hour Wednesday - Monday. Stop by on Tuesday for our Taco Tuesday Happy Hour, featuring our famous Fish Taco's!
A word from Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali
Located right on famous Ka’anapali Beach, Leilani’s offers the perfect vantage point for viewing amazing sunsets framed by the islands of Lanai and Molokai. The open air dining room offers sweeping ocean views and features a menu of fresh Island fish, seafood, prime rib, steaks,and barbecue ribs. The outdoor Beachside Grill has long been a popular place for both residents and locals to enjoy their favorite casual fare while sipping exotic cocktails and enjoying live entertainment. Menu offerings include appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, Hawaiian local plates, fish & chips and for dessert Kimo’s Original Hula Pie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (130)great for outdoor dining (108)romantic (66)special occasion (62)fit for foodies (38)kid-friendly (35)hot spot (29)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (15)late-night find (9)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (7)Show More
- BarbDined on 9/14/2014Plan your dinner so you are there for the beautiful sunset. Hundreds of birds gather in a nearby tree and chirp until the sun goes down. The whole atmosphere is great for the first time Maui visitor or for someone like us who goes there twice a year. Food is good too, by the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food to Go With ViewMartyRDined on 9/14/2014Leilani's has two levels; an upstairs if you want a quiet, romantic dinner and a downstairs more suitable for families with kids, or later in the evening to have a few cocktails and dinner while watching entertainment. The food is very good and the service is excellent. The view is, of course, spectacular being directly on the beach.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner experienceJayJayDined on 9/13/2014Good meal, great service made for a nice dinner for our group. Sunset view from second floor dining level was a plus. We ate dinner here twice during our stay in Kaanapali, coincidentally getting the same great server who went the extra mile to accommodate our requests. Save room for the hula pie dessert to share! Restaurant also has a casual outside dining section with bar by the beach walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you only have one meal out . . .tjjammerDined on 9/9/2014Start here and then spend the rest of your vacation trying to find another restaurant that can measure up. It is that far ahead of all other experiences anywhere. Interesting catches of the day, creative sauces done correctly and a finely balanced plate.Special Features:
- jdogieDined on 9/7/2014Great Food, ok service, the waiter was not real knowledgeable about the wine list. We were a party of 4 and the service was way too fast.Special Features:
- yummy aloha foodnomnommomDined on 9/6/2014always a great place to go for some local hawaiian food....and the views are just unbeatable!Special Features:
- Leilani's awesomeBal1VIPDined on 9/5/2014Great Place in all the years i have been going to Leilani's i have never had a bad experience....Food is great.Special Features:
- Great food with a viewGaryVIPDined on 8/30/2014Ahi tuna signature dish was great. Beat salad little too much vinegar and not enough beets. Our server Lisa was wonderful, especially helpful with our grandson. Even helped take stroller down stairs .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealScottVIPDined on 8/30/2014Another great meal at Leilani's. Our second time there and both times were great! We will return our next time in Kāʻanapali.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in KaanapaliSeeJayDined on 8/30/2014For a delicious, scenic, memorable dinner experience....upstairs dining at Leilani's! We go back every time we're in the Lahaina area.Special Features:
- This place delivers.Bunk009VIPDined on 8/25/2014I was on Maui for one evening not too long ago and since I'm a HUGE fan of TS Restaurants, decided to give this place a go and as usual, I wasn't disappointed. Service is always good and you can tell they train their waitstaff well. Walking to the bathroom I must've had at least 5 people say hello to me; I felt important. The paella was as good or better than the paellas I've had at Portuguese Restaurants in NYC and the S'mores dessert should be illegal. I'm still thinking about it.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodJohnDined on 8/24/2014Always a great dinner at Leilani's. Great appetizers, great entrees, and of course, the Hula Pie!Special Features:
- 4 starsLocalsVIPDined on 8/24/2014Short version: Very good food, limited fare, scenic views. Longer version: We come to Leilani's on occasion for simple island fare and this time it was similar to past experiences. Nothing fancy - just very good food and service. Limited wine list. They usually have one fish special, which my companion ordered. Very good Opah (a local fish). Yes, we would go back.Special Features:
- Food and view, amazing.trabeler27Dined on 8/23/2014I had the miso fish and it was awesome. The service was rather slow, particularly on refreshing drinks. The view is amazing and the hula pie is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in MauiHare1Dined on 8/22/2014Dinner at sunset time. We were assigned a table with perfect view on beach and on the sun setting. Seafood was great and dessert simply awesome,but the rice in the paella far too cooked. Very good service. Recommended for fish and their special cake (to be tried! Be warned: It serves three people).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2eatDined on 8/22/2014Overall,the view, service and most food were good. Maui restaurants are already high in price so my only complaint is the seafood paella was not worth that price. It was seafood on top of rice and tomato sauce. Not very appetizing. The scene/ view made up for it though as we were able to enjoy the sunset over the waves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th timelonoDined on 8/20/2014Celebrating anniversary 35..excellent food and view.always come back. AlohaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High StandardswindiveskiDined on 8/18/2014Reservations for 3 at 6:30pm with request for sunset balcony table was given on time. We had a couple of exotic drinks (the Hawaiian Cosmo was less than expected). The Chef special Onaga, Parm. crusted Moonfish and the Ahi Steak were all fabulously prepared with a great paring of vegetables and rice. The food was well presented and delicious. The Hula Pie is a great way to finish dinner.Special Features:
- Great Maui dinnerFuninthesunDined on 8/16/2014The service, view and ambiance were spectacular. The food overall was good, a bit small on the portions except for the hula pie. Ver nice, memorable family Maui dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly, DisappointedCougieDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I have been going to Leilani's for 30 years and it has always been one of our favorite restaurants. It has changed a lot and I accept that, but it has been going downhill and alas, our last visit this week will be the last time we go there. Let me start with one positive. I asked for an upstairs table with a view because it was our anniversary and the gave us a beautiful table right at the edge of the restaurant looking out at the water - very nice. It was all downhill from there. Our server seemed clueless. The food was just barely ok, & our dinners were almost thrown at us half way through our salad. There are so many great restaurants on Maui, I just won't go here any more. We plan to try Hula's Friday- we'll see.Special Features:
- Great OverallLittlebitDined on 8/15/2014Great restaurant located in Whaler's Village which was just a short walk from the Marriott Maui Ocean Club. Excellent service, great food and a fabulous view of the sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There mahimahi was wonderful.SteakloverDined on 8/13/2014Great outdoor beach front atmosphere. The food was great. My husband didn't care for the black rice, it had no flavor whatsoever.Special Features:
- Less than expectedkoretDined on 8/13/2014ordered opah hawaiian fish. When first delivered it was dry and badly overcooked. The waiter asked how it was soi told him. He took it back to the kitchen to make another --this time by the head chef. By now everyone else had finished their plates. Then the opah arrived again... But now it was raw inside. they get an "a" for effort but a fail on the meal. Unacceptable for that expensive of a restaurant.
- On the beach1RayDined on 8/13/2014Fantastic food, one of the most beautiful spots on the beach. Service second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peggy McLeanMissLuLu215Dined on 8/11/2014From the moment we arrived you could feel the wonderful vibe of the place. The staff pleasant and courteous, the atmosphere vibrant. Our server Steve could not be more helpful, knowledgeable but most of all friendly. I would recommend this fine establishment to anyone co OMG to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichDined on 8/9/2014Very enjoyable meal with friendly service and great food.Special Features:
- Food - great. Sunset - incredibleWesnTexDined on 8/9/2014We sat down around 5:30 and caught the sunset with dessert. Entries were 20-40 dollar range and would have been the same price on the main land. The wine list was good and seemed a to be maybe 10% lower than Dallas I almost ordered a second Caprese and the ice cream s'more seemed to disappear while I was looking at the sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014Hot, food unremarkable, & chaotic is putting mildly. Then the ladies room was out of order.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerTracylei28Dined on 8/2/2014Our experience at Leilani's has always been wonderful! This time was no different. Reservation was set for 7:30 pm... We got there early , but was given a pager, which went off promptly at 7:30. We got taken to a beautiful table on the lanai, which was perfect timing for a beautiful sunset. Hostess and Waitress were both super nice! Food was to die for....the most mouth watering prime rib, ever! And to top it all off, the MUD PIE...delicious! Great night!! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodHawaiiFoodsVIPDined on 8/2/2014Good food. Small portions. No AC, so very hot. Busy restaurant so we felt Rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/1/2014Food very average; of seven restaurants visited on this stay in Maui, this was our least favorite.Special Features:
- Nice locationGLJYYCDined on 7/31/2014Beautiful spot in the busy Whalers Village . Booked a 7 pm supper and caught the sun going down. Table booked for 7 and we were in at a few minutes after 7 pm. Ordered Steaks with Lobster for 2 people and Chicken for the third meal. Only downside was the Lobster size . Food good otherwise, view amazing and solid service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/30/2014We had a wonderful meal here. The ahi sashimi was particularly good. The service was top notch.Special Features:
- Sunset dinnerSAFrankVIPDined on 7/27/2014Another great place to have dinner when in Maui. This was our second trip to the island and we missed this place on our previous visit. Food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Our server, Sean, was very knowledgable about the menu, gave us time to look things over and we were never rushed out. We had a great table on the railing overlooking the sunset, great dinner, restaurant and evening. On our list for the next trip to Maui. Lastly, for the ambiance and quality of the food, very reasonable priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining with allergies4PeasDined on 7/27/2014Dining with a 10 year old with allergies to nuts is always a challenge. When we informed our waitress to my son's allergies, Carson, the manager, came to our table to reassure us that his staff have made precautions to preparing my son's dinner. It made our dinner experience less stressful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFTR1Dined on 7/26/2014Great service and food. Waiter was particularly good. Sunset views are spectacular.Special Features:
- Nice view but dry fishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2014The view was nice and the service not so good. The fish was dry and tasted like fish sticks. When we got our bill we told the waiter it was not good and he said, wish I knew that but he never came back to ask how our food was so not sure he cared until it was tip time.Special Features:
- egg243Dined on 7/20/2014restaurant was ok, took three turns to finally get a table overlooking the beach so we could see the sunset. Dining options were good as well, décor and atmosphere the same. The kids menu though was the best we had since being in Maui. ribs for the baby, tasty pasta for our middle child and white fish with veggies for our oldest. Probably the best meal they had on our trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JerryVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always a pleasant reminder as to why we come to Maui - great food, great view, reasonable priceSpecial Features:
- Good food & great view on KaanapaliDGCKDined on 7/18/2014This was a return visit to Leilani's for us - we loved it last year, and loved it again this year. The kids menu is not just the typical "junk" food but had grilled chicken or fish and veggies!! Yay! Adults, order something that comes with the black rice as a side - it's fantastic. The fish is fresh and nicely prepared. We'll be back again the next time we're on Maui. We highly recommend Leilani's!Special Features: