Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali
2435 Kaanapali Pkwy. Bldg J
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leilanis.com/
- Phone: 8086614495x
- Hours of Operation:
Beachside Grill: Monday-Sunday: 10:30am - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Hawaii Regional Cuisine
- Executive Chef: Ryan Luckey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A spectacular setting, perfect for your celebration-
Experience the spirit of Aloha from the crashing waves, the finest steaks and Hawaii's best seafood along with the genuine friendly service that is a signature of Leilani's.
Consider our dramatic oceanfront restaurant for your next special event. The Dining Room offers sweeping views of the Pacific and can seat up to 90 people.
Exclusive use of the entire restaurant or sections of the restaurant may also be possible with some limitations.
- Private Party Contact: Kako Egi 8086614495x
- Entertainment: Come in to our 2010 Award Winning "Best Bar on Maui" and join us for $4 Happy Hour every day from 3:00-5:00pm. Sit back and enjoy $4 mai tais, margaritas, and draft beers and grab a bite to eat from our Specialty Slider menu, available only during Happy Hour Wednesday - Monday. Stop by on Tuesday for our Taco Tuesday Happy Hour, featuring our famous Fish Taco's!
A word from Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali
Located right on famous Ka’anapali Beach, Leilani’s offers the perfect vantage point for viewing amazing sunsets framed by the islands of Lanai and Molokai. The open air dining room offers sweeping ocean views and features a menu of fresh Island fish, seafood, prime rib, steaks,and barbecue ribs. The outdoor Beachside Grill has long been a popular place for both residents and locals to enjoy their favorite casual fare while sipping exotic cocktails and enjoying live entertainment. Menu offerings include appetizers, salads, sandwiches, burgers, Hawaiian local plates, fish & chips and for dessert Kimo’s Original Hula Pie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHawaii Regional Cuisine
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali - Best Restaurants in Lahaina ›
Leilani's on the Beach - Kaanapali reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (127)great for outdoor dining (108)romantic (68)special occasion (66)hot spot (35)fit for foodies (34)kid-friendly (32)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (9)late-night find (7)Show More
- Great for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014A wonderful restaurant situated in a fantastic location. We were given the best seats in the house for our table of 8. The service was on par and the food was generous. The prawn pasta was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, MEGA SLOW SERVICEGoldie717Dined on 10/17/2014Ate here for dinner in October 2014. Both my husband and I had caesar salads to start, they both came with too much dressing and the salad was kind of warm. Would not get that again. We both had filet mignon, both ordered medium and my husband added a lobster tail to his. Mine was medium correct, my husbands was more rare than medium. The lobster tail was good. Drinks okay. SERVICE IS SLOW - too slow!!! It took over an hour and a half just for salads and the entrees. We had a babysitter to get back to, we could not stay for dessert. Plan to be here for over 2 hours if you want three courses.Special Features:
- First bad dining experience on mauiAaronDined on 10/16/2014Up until eating here I had excellent dining experiences on maui. The service was poor, the filet mignon was unseasoned and the lobster was overcooked.
- A great eveningOnthebeachDined on 10/16/20142 couples visiting Maui and celebrating their 20th and 30th Wedding Anniversaries. Called ahead to let them know and request a special table to be able to enjoy the sunset. We were warmly greeted at arrival and taken to a very nice table with a great view over Ka'anapali beach and the sunset over Lanai. Service was excellent and the meals we had were prepared to everyone's taste. The location, atmosphere and food were all excellent and I was the Hero for my choice!Special Features:
- Poor qualityRustyDined on 10/12/2014Drink order came out wrong. Took so long for the correct drinks to get to the table our food was there. I ordered prime rib. Originally requested rare but the waiter said they were out. At 5:30! Agreed to accept med rare and when it got to the table it was cold and well done. Sent it back and received cold and rare. All the other items were cold as well. The waiter did his best to serve us but the cook staff let everyone down. Loved the scenery but hated the food.Special Features:
- Great serviceConnappDined on 10/12/2014Waitress was was very knowledgeable about the food and preparation. The food came very quickly and done as ordered. The support staff was very attentive. Noticed the lady next to us wasn't happy with her preparation and the waitress took it back and the manager brought out the new plate with the waitress checking back soon. Would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Nice as alwaysNJFANSDined on 10/11/2014We had another nice meal here. Ahi was good but spice was overwhelming. They said it would be spicy, but I feel their preparation ruined the dish. However, for $32, I would have expected better. My wife's fish dish was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great delicious foodLuvtoeatDined on 10/10/2014The hula pie was delicious and huge that fed all four of us. The teriyaki steak was cooked perfectly and the fish was moist. Good kids menu also . Hula pie was free because of kaamaina special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot to Watch the SunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014The service was great, the food was good, the view was amazing! I would definitely go back. Try the ravioli appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Leilani'sekaplansteinDined on 10/9/2014I adore this place it is a must when traveling to Maui!Special Features:
- Always A FavoritedinealotDined on 10/4/2014We come to Maui twice a year and always make sure we go to Leilani's. We enjoy the restaurant upstairs as well as the more casual on the beach. Both places have great selections and the food is always delicious. This time were a party of 6 and everyone enjoyed their meal. Our waiter, Nathan was fantastic - very personable and helpful. We will always make it a point to go to Leilani's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dining ExperiencerogerVIPDined on 10/4/2014Leilani's on the Beach is a must dining experience when visiting Kaanapali. The food is exquisite and the staff is friendly and fun. However my wife will say her favorite dish is the Hula Pie so it's a must to try.Special Features:
- ExcellentAtegreat247Dined on 9/28/2014Alaskan king crab legs were amazing, my husband had the filet mignon and it was to die for!!! A must try, and an amazing view of the sunset if you go around 6-6:30Special Features:
- Leilani's on the beach at MauiMinihahaDined on 9/24/2014We have had several excellent dining experiences at Leilani's This week the meal was particularly lucscious with amazing fish Service was attentive and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views & meal!wjbnapaDined on 9/24/2014Sat out on the south patio and had a wonderful dinner overlooking the ocean as the sun was setting. Weren't hurried along. Our waiter did an excellent job answering our questions about the menu. The fish was awesome!Special Features:
- Great sunsetjack101Dined on 9/23/2014Every table in the restaurant has a great view except the one in the corner that they gave us. We had fish, snapper, and teriyaki steak for dinner and a glass of merlot. We share the hula pie for dessert. The food was good and our server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hammDined on 9/23/2014This was excellent and as good as I remember it from several other times we have dined here. The waiter was wonderful which made our evening very enjoyable. We introduced some friends who have never been there to one of our favorite places. We had our honeymoon dinner here over 20 years ago and still go go back every year and it is as special as it was then. An excellent and memorable place to eat. Food was wonderful and with the Hawaiian sunsets and the Hula Pie how can you miss!!!!Special Features:
- BeachClubgirlDined on 9/21/2014It was disappointing in general, most likely will not return with so many other great restaurants in the areaSpecial Features:
- Sunset at Leilani'sOHJOHNNYBOYDined on 9/21/2014This is one of the TS Restaurant Group in Hawaii and California. My wife and I were on Maui and Kauai for 13 days total and we went to 4 different TS properties; it was that good. Seafood is wonderful and we both had the seafood at all 5 visits (we went again to Duke's Canoe Club on Kauai) but the red meat looked great as well. It's a splurge with dinner for two with a drink each for about $100 but it wasn't that much more expensive that places with worse views and good but not excellent food. Service was uniformly excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/15/2014Had dinner in their main dining room. Steak was above average. Service was great. Had nice seat watching the sunset. The following day had lunch at their beachside café. Amazing fish tacos! One of the best I ever had. Service was great there too! If I had to pick one or the other, have the fish tacos at the beachside café!Special Features:
- BarbDined on 9/14/2014Plan your dinner so you are there for the beautiful sunset. Hundreds of birds gather in a nearby tree and chirp until the sun goes down. The whole atmosphere is great for the first time Maui visitor or for someone like us who goes there twice a year. Food is good too, by the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food to Go With ViewMartyRDined on 9/14/2014Leilani's has two levels; an upstairs if you want a quiet, romantic dinner and a downstairs more suitable for families with kids, or later in the evening to have a few cocktails and dinner while watching entertainment. The food is very good and the service is excellent. The view is, of course, spectacular being directly on the beach.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner experienceJayJayDined on 9/13/2014Good meal, great service made for a nice dinner for our group. Sunset view from second floor dining level was a plus. We ate dinner here twice during our stay in Kaanapali, coincidentally getting the same great server who went the extra mile to accommodate our requests. Save room for the hula pie dessert to share! Restaurant also has a casual outside dining section with bar by the beach walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you only have one meal out . . .tjjammerDined on 9/9/2014Start here and then spend the rest of your vacation trying to find another restaurant that can measure up. It is that far ahead of all other experiences anywhere. Interesting catches of the day, creative sauces done correctly and a finely balanced plate.Special Features:
- jdogieDined on 9/7/2014Great Food, ok service, the waiter was not real knowledgeable about the wine list. We were a party of 4 and the service was way too fast.Special Features:
- yummy aloha foodnomnommomDined on 9/6/2014always a great place to go for some local hawaiian food....and the views are just unbeatable!Special Features:
- Leilani's awesomeBal1VIPDined on 9/5/2014Great Place in all the years i have been going to Leilani's i have never had a bad experience....Food is great.Special Features:
- Great food with a viewGaryVIPDined on 8/30/2014Ahi tuna signature dish was great. Beat salad little too much vinegar and not enough beets. Our server Lisa was wonderful, especially helpful with our grandson. Even helped take stroller down stairs .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealScottVIPDined on 8/30/2014Another great meal at Leilani's. Our second time there and both times were great! We will return our next time in Kāʻanapali.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in KaanapaliSeeJayDined on 8/30/2014For a delicious, scenic, memorable dinner experience....upstairs dining at Leilani's! We go back every time we're in the Lahaina area.Special Features:
- This place delivers.Bunk009VIPDined on 8/25/2014I was on Maui for one evening not too long ago and since I'm a HUGE fan of TS Restaurants, decided to give this place a go and as usual, I wasn't disappointed. Service is always good and you can tell they train their waitstaff well. Walking to the bathroom I must've had at least 5 people say hello to me; I felt important. The paella was as good or better than the paellas I've had at Portuguese Restaurants in NYC and the S'mores dessert should be illegal. I'm still thinking about it.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodJohnDined on 8/24/2014Always a great dinner at Leilani's. Great appetizers, great entrees, and of course, the Hula Pie!Special Features:
- 4 starsLocalsVIPDined on 8/24/2014Short version: Very good food, limited fare, scenic views. Longer version: We come to Leilani's on occasion for simple island fare and this time it was similar to past experiences. Nothing fancy - just very good food and service. Limited wine list. They usually have one fish special, which my companion ordered. Very good Opah (a local fish). Yes, we would go back.Special Features:
- Food and view, amazing.trabeler27Dined on 8/23/2014I had the miso fish and it was awesome. The service was rather slow, particularly on refreshing drinks. The view is amazing and the hula pie is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in MauiHare1Dined on 8/22/2014Dinner at sunset time. We were assigned a table with perfect view on beach and on the sun setting. Seafood was great and dessert simply awesome,but the rice in the paella far too cooked. Very good service. Recommended for fish and their special cake (to be tried! Be warned: It serves three people).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2eatDined on 8/22/2014Overall,the view, service and most food were good. Maui restaurants are already high in price so my only complaint is the seafood paella was not worth that price. It was seafood on top of rice and tomato sauce. Not very appetizing. The scene/ view made up for it though as we were able to enjoy the sunset over the waves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th timelonoDined on 8/20/2014Celebrating anniversary 35..excellent food and view.always come back. AlohaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High StandardswindiveskiVIPDined on 8/18/2014Reservations for 3 at 6:30pm with request for sunset balcony table was given on time. We had a couple of exotic drinks (the Hawaiian Cosmo was less than expected). The Chef special Onaga, Parm. crusted Moonfish and the Ahi Steak were all fabulously prepared with a great paring of vegetables and rice. The food was well presented and delicious. The Hula Pie is a great way to finish dinner.Special Features:
- Great Maui dinnerFuninthesunDined on 8/16/2014The service, view and ambiance were spectacular. The food overall was good, a bit small on the portions except for the hula pie. Ver nice, memorable family Maui dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly, DisappointedCougieDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I have been going to Leilani's for 30 years and it has always been one of our favorite restaurants. It has changed a lot and I accept that, but it has been going downhill and alas, our last visit this week will be the last time we go there. Let me start with one positive. I asked for an upstairs table with a view because it was our anniversary and the gave us a beautiful table right at the edge of the restaurant looking out at the water - very nice. It was all downhill from there. Our server seemed clueless. The food was just barely ok, & our dinners were almost thrown at us half way through our salad. There are so many great restaurants on Maui, I just won't go here any more. We plan to try Hula's Friday- we'll see.Special Features: