120 South Dixie Highway
West Palm Beach, FL 33401Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leilawpb.com/
- Phone: (561) 659-7373
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: - Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday & Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Akram&Mireille Awad
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call for details.
- Entertainment: Belly Dancing
A word from Leila
At the corner of Datura and South Dixie in downtown West Palm Beach is Leila, a cosmopolitan Middle Eastern grille. Offering guests a casual, contemporary atmosphere in which to enjoy delicious regional dishes, along with a wide selection of familiar mezze items, like hummus, falafel, and tabouleh salad, Leila is a celebration of the healthful and nutritional benefits of authentic Mediterranean cuisine. Whether a business or casual lunch, a quiet dinner, or festive weekend late-night, her mouth watering fare and knowledgeable friendly staff, will ensure you'll want to come again and again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Leila reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (9)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lovely SurpriseRoRoVIPDined on 11/14/2014We tried Leila for the first time last Friday evening. The service was wonderful. The Middle Eastern cuisine was flavorful and delicious. We will return to Zleila the next time we are in Florida. The entertainment was fun, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently top notcheatingoutVIPDined on 11/8/2014Always delicious food served by warm & friendly servers. Leila's had the BEST Mediterranean food around in a cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downBobbyGDined on 11/2/2014The food is very expensive. Service was lacking compared to the prices. Ordered similar dish at another restaurant which provide much better service at a reasonable. price. Jumbo crab claws were $25 ea and on the small side. No sides were included. No wet wipes were given unless we asked for them. There are many restaurants around that offer same food with better quality and service amenities. Had acting manager weigh the claws to be sure they fit the definition of "jumbo" He admitted that they were on the small size.Special Features:
- First time - loved it!MamiankaVIPDined on 10/30/2014We must admit - although we like trying new cuisines, we are not familiar wit Lebanese food. We have been missing out on some GREAT dishes! Unable to decide, we got an assorted platter of skewered meats and veg for 2. Delicious! So tender, flavorful - with great couscous, too. enough to take some home for lunch the next day - so we left some room for dessert. A farina and cheese cake with orange blossom water topping, and a rolled and sliced chocolate dessert - great! We passed on Turkish coffee (we love great coffee, but needed to sleep after our flight) - but we will add that on our NEXT visit! Met by the owner, and then served by Tiffany - a delight, and source of great info. See you again on our next trip to the area!Special Features:
- Mediterranean at it's besthargolVIPDined on 10/26/2014This is the 2nd time we've come here. The owner was very gracious meeting us and explained the menu. My wife had the Shrimp Kabobs and I had the Bronzini which was prepared so gooood. I've had Bronzini before but not like this.Special Features:
- Tis always greatvireyaVIPDined on 10/3/2014and this was no exception. Food great; service greatSpecial Features:
- delightfulpaintswimdanceDined on 9/27/2014Leila is a cozy, comfortable restaurant with great middle eastern food. The Baba ganoush was outstanding, as were the pita bread and the entrees and the accompaniments. Our waitress was friendly and welcoming without being pushy or over eager. The crown jewel of the evening was the dance performance by Dawn, the belly dancer. She is lovely and a very talented dancer. If you can go there on an evening when she is performing it will turn a delicious dinner out into something even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/20/2014I usually come here about once a month and everytime I have only had really great service and good food. I like coming here for the hookah as well, with some small bites and a few drinks. I will keep coming back!Special Features:
- Great GreekeatingoutVIPDined on 8/25/2014The world's best chicken Kebobs and grilled vegetables. Plus they have a winning sauce to dip the chicken into. I order the same thing every time we go because I love it so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeilahargolVIPDined on 8/7/2014perfect waiter with excellent service. We had the mixed entree which was 2 kinds of lamb skewers, a chicken and a beef skewers. Plenty of food with leftovers. The side dish was cous- cous very good but cold. I like mine warm. It's a small place and didn't realize they had outside dining. (a nice patio in the rear.) It was disappointing that the owner did not meet and greet us or explain the different dishes. It was our first time in a Lebanese Sirian restaurant and we all would have appreciated the owners commentsSpecial Features:
- The following 198 reviews are from the Leila reviews archive.
- easymarkDined on 7/20/2014Thought the food was a tad overpriced for the ambiance, although the quality was above average compared to other Mediterranian eateries.
- Good local restaurantCloserVIPDined on 7/18/2014We've been to Leila 3 times in the last four months and have not been disappointed. The Leila mixed grill for 2 is very good. We had an excellent very attentive waiter on our last visit. All 4 of us enjoyed our food and total dining experience.Special Features:
- Good food, nice outdoor patioYummyDined on 7/18/2014New to west palm. One of the first places we came. Very good selection of middle eastern food. We ordered mostly apps and then got one chicken kebob entree to share. Everything was well prepared. The cold halumi cheese dish was just okay. The chicken, eggplant, and yogurt dishes were excellent. Very nice ambience. Would recommend for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceAlexDined on 6/18/2014Most delicious Mediterranean food I've had in Florida. Service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeTabletfortablesDined on 6/7/2014This was our first time at Leila's in downtown West Palm Beach, and we were not disappointed. The ambiance was comfortable and airy in the garden dining area. The food was great, with the kibbee naye being exceptional--melt in your mouth exceptional. Our server was kind and attentive, and engaged with us in pleasant conversation. I always enjoy that as it helps to give a sense that you are part of a family atmosphere. I would definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Marvelous Mediterranean MorselseatingoutVIPDined on 6/1/2014Leila's is a quaint and cozy spot with terrific Mediterranean offerings. Their chicken kabobs are the best I've ever had. The marinated flavors are outstanding. Outdoor dining is also available, but it's often too hot in South Florida to avail oneself of this option. Other foods are good too, but I always gravitate toward the chicken. I highly recommend either lunch or dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating with friendsCloserVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had another good meal with friends at Leila. The service and food were both exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but nothing specialBigdog782VIPDined on 5/24/2014Nice outdoor dining, overpriced wine list. The appetizers were excellent even if they were a bit overpriced. I had the Mahi-Mahi which was done well. My spouse had the Keftah and honestly we have had much better. It had little flavor and was a bit dry. I understand that the restaurant was busy on a Saturday evening, however that doesn't account for no flavor. Our server was nice but didn't explain what the side sauces were for. Overall we've had better middle eastern food at a lower price. However this is still a decent restaurant for West Palm Beach, maybe the kitchen had an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lebanese yumYummytaco2VIPDined on 5/18/2014Great apps and dinner (mixed grill) had tons of flavor. Will be back again very soon!Special Features:
- CozyNaddoushVIPDined on 5/13/2014We had a nice and relaxing time with food and hookahSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!DebraVIPDined on 4/26/2014My friend and I were extremely pleased with this find. Great service, gastronomic food and beautiful ambience...including a belly dancer.Special Features:
- Standard food at gourmet pricesgsr62VIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was standard Mediterranean at twice the price. Dinner for two without wine was $172 including gratuity. My wife and I are no strangers to expensive meals that are well worth the expense, but at Leila the bill was offensive given the unexceptional nature of the food.
- Lovely neighborhood placePatticakesDined on 4/17/2014Leila is a welcome change from the typical West Palm restaurants. Food was good. Outside patio nice. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeilaLebaneseDined on 4/16/2014Went on a week night and was wide open but we were seated promptly and given great service. Pace was proper no rush on us to get thru our apps. Dinner was hot and delicious. Go and enjoy..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mid Eastern GemcityslickerVIPDined on 4/10/2014Right off the main drag (Clematis) is a wonderful, authentic mid-eastern hidden gem. Classic dishes, exotic spices, reasonable prices. I've been there with small and large group and service and food always wonderful. Owner friendly and makes sure meal is experience. They have live belly dancing on Fri Sat I believe. Can sit inside or outside which is nice. Strongly recommend. They have fish meat and veggie dishes for all tastes. Must try the Turkish coffee they make in the classic style. Desserts unique and enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Every time is great!Sauce375Dined on 4/4/2014We have been coming to Leila's for years so we always bring new guests with us and it's like having dinner at home. Everyone is warm and friendly and the food is consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!elliemaeDined on 3/30/2014It's hard to find a good Mediterranean restaurant. Leila has good food and provides great service. We enjoyed our meals and plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal with friendsShartheluvDined on 3/18/2014The hostess was very helpful in suggesting what to order. Variety of appetizers was amazing. The chicken and shrimp entrées were very tasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood placeCloserVIPDined on 3/13/2014We had a great meal of shared skewers of beef, pork, chicken and shrimp with vegetables and coucous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But...food4thoughtDined on 3/7/2014The food was freshly prepared and good quality. Servers are very nice. Four of us shared 3 appetizers followed by individual main plates. We did not have wine, coffee or desert. The "but" is the price. The total bill, including tip, came to $196.00. I probably would not return unless I had a discount deal, which is a shame because I do enjoy the food.Special Features:
- Middle-Eastern gemTouristjimDined on 3/4/2014We got there before the crowd so I can't judge the vibe. The food was great -- authentic middle-eastern, very well prepared. Considering it was essentially home cooking I thought the prices a little steep but this is Palm Beach in the height of the season. Would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, gracious diningNewportDined on 2/27/2014Leila is one of our two favorite restaurants in the Palm Beaches. We enjoy Leila as the place for delicious Middle Eastern cuisine in an elegant but relaxed setting. We often take our out-of-state guests there who appreciate the Mediterranean menu and fine food. We particularly enjoy the gracious welcome we receive each time we visit from the owner and the good service from a very experienced, professional staff. I am stuck on the lamb kefta and couscous, which comes with fresh grilled vegetables with a delicious homemade aoli sauce. You can make a whole meal off an assortment of their mezzas, including our favorite - the baba ghanouj. We love Leila before heading to Palm Beach Dramaworks or for a quiet but elegant evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, and a belly dancer, too!SherzVIPDined on 2/21/2014Our waiter was fabulous! Great, attentive service. He recommended a Lebanese wine that (surprise, surprise!) was totally delicious (and at $44 per bottle, was pretty reasonable for a restaurant wine). The chicken kabob (house specialty) was delicious and very generous (2 large skewers); the bronzino special was perfectly prepared; and the lamb shank special was huge, braised for 6 hours, and tender and tasty. Then, there was the belly dancer, who was lovely. We chose to eat outdoors, since the weather was great, but the inside is nicely decorated, too. The outdoor patio has the advantage of being quiet enough for conversation. A good choice and a lovely evening.Special Features:
- AmazingRCBryanDined on 2/14/2014I have been to Leila a few times. The food and service is always top notch. Great first date spot or place to take that special someone. It's never overly crowded. This place is away from other businesses so I think it is often overlooked but such a rarity in West Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!cswpbDined on 2/14/2014Took my wife for Valentine's Day dinner and fell in love with this place. The service was a little slow, but the food was absolutely incredible!! The ambience was perfect for such a night. The outdoor dining area looked beautiful, however we were inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Night to RememberRomanticAtHeartDined on 2/14/2014Valentine's dinner with my wife... So it had to be special. I put my trust in our waiter's recommendations and Elias did not disappoint. We started with a bottle of Chateau Kefraya- Excellent choice. Elias then set us up with a selection of appetizers to die for. We had the lamb shank for dinner, roasted for six hours, perfectly seasoned with the meat falling of the bone. A knaffe was split for dessert. I highly recommend Leila's for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, low-key spot in W. PalmOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/9/2014If you want a break from more formal, and rich, food in Palm Beach, give this place a try. Fresh, generally healthy, Mediterranean food cooked well. The mezze was generally very good, with the exception of the hummus, which we didn't love. The chicken kebabs were delicious. Beware large entrée sizes when you order meze/salads. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and warmMeganVIPDined on 2/7/2014Leila offers warm service, high quality middle eastern food, and great entertainment. The couscous is great, baba ghanoush fabulous. The lamb shank wonderful, and the Bronzino excellent. The belly dancer was the best yet too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice vibeMiltDined on 1/24/2014We went to Leila for an early dinner before our next event. Had a great time and even had an after dinner hookah. The belly dancer was really cool too (though she had just started when we left. We arrived right when they opened). Definitely recommend. Great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodBraveheartDined on 1/18/2014Great restaurant a little off the beaten path in downtown West Palm Beach. We love to dine here before or after the movies at City Place. Food and service are always superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.