4622 Park Blvd
San Diego, CA 92116Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.leilounge.com/
- Phone: 6198132272
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch:
10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Pan-Asian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Angel Melgoza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Lei Lounge
This critically acclaimed and award winning restaurant/lounge has recently reopened it's doors after a major renovation. Our open air restaurant now includes an expansive projected visual ceiling surrounded by lush ivy walls. The executive chef has designed a menu to please and entice a seasoned palate with cross cultural cuisine. With our exclusive hand-crafted signature cocktails and our chic sophisticated ambiance you are sure to enjoy your experience with us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lei Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wait for foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/8/2013I would first say they are very hard to reach. I called several times, weeks in advance to solidify my RSVP for 13. To have had reservations for over a week in advance and a call from the venue to validate our party RSVP the day of, I would have expected faster service. The table was not ready for at least 15-20 minutes and we didn't get our food for about an hour and 1/2 after. It was one of the longest waits I ever had. Thanks, KiaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comments on Lei Loungeluvgr8spotsDined on 11/23/2013The reservation was for a firend's birthday, we only had drinks, we did not dine I could not rate the food. We will definitely come back to dine next time. I like the place it self, it different but great environment. The server was great, very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?FrancescoDined on 11/10/2013Lei Lounge has gone downhill in my opinion. It still looks great and has great atmosphere, but the food was terrible. Had to send back 2 dishes. The lettuce wraps had nothing going on and no flavor, and the burger trio tasted over cooked and looked like a child put it together.Special Features:
- Trendy, Hip SpaceTheOneDined on 9/29/2013Lei Lounge is a place tht looks to be straight out of a Hollywood location. The decor is very young, vibrant and austhetically pleasing. One can pick a cabana style table or a fire pit table. Great bar selections. Menu was tailored for just about anyone... Very wide arrange of choices. Portions were a little on the small side, but overall, the food was very good. Moderately priced. The only complaint I had was that it was pretty loud bc of the bar/club next door. The music playing at the Lei Lounge was competing with the club music next door, which was rather annoying. Plus, there was a very loud young group of about 15 people sitting on the other side of restaurant that was distracting, but one cannot help whom comes into an establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun food and cocktailsSdtigsVIPDined on 9/14/2013Great ambience in the lively bar and on the outside patio, enlivened by an ever-changing projection of stunning digital images on the canopy above the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place.JackioDined on 8/27/2013This place is absolutely amazing! Celebrated my birthday here with family and friends It was happy hour so that was awesome and we got a big area reserved for us by the fire pits. There was 13 of us and a lot of the people I brought had never been here before, there first impressions Where so excited to try this trendy spot! All in all we had a great time bartenders were awesome and they had amazing service The only problem we did come across was our waiter. He was a very nice guy and was really trying to give us good Service but he continued to forget some drinks and you could tell he wasn't used to waiting on a table this big. Other than that We had a blast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSamanthaSDDined on 8/25/2013Came here for an early dinner and everything we ordered was tastey! At our table we ordered lobster lollipops, calamari, sea bass, salmon, short ribs, bok choy, salad, garlic mashed potatoes, creme brûlée cheesecake, and lava cake. Just moved from LA and this is my favorite meal in San Diego thus far! Looking forward to trying the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placecoconutlimeDined on 8/23/2013I have gone to Lei Lounge for years. Even before the remodel. It is a great place to relax for a nice dinner or happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had fun but wanted more veggieshungryvegetarianDined on 8/22/2013I reserved a table for a gathering of undetermined size. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We ended up being eight people, and our server did a good job, especially considering that people arrived at different times and with different purposes. We enjoyed the open space dining area and the ceiling projections. However, three of our group were vegetarians, and the menu only had two veggie dinner options. So while I'd be happy to go there again if somebody else suggests it, I'm not too excited about what I'd get to eat. The guava cheesecake was great, though!Special Features:
- birthday funconnieDined on 8/17/2013Keven was our waiter and he was awesome! !! It was my birthday. Not only did he offer great customer service, he toom really good care of us, but he was able to add great humor and laughter to our table. We all had a really great time. My girlfriend and I always come for cocktails whwn we have a free evening. We love the ambiance. The mixologists are AWESOME!!! Micky is the best. I'm not sure of the name of the other 1 on staff the night of August 17th but he is awesome too. The drink menu is off the chain. We will definitely be back. Going to try to make sunday brunch. 11-3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSuzyDined on 8/15/2013I absolutely loved the scenery and the ambiance. The only thing that bothered me was the service. Our waiter had a huge attitude, and didn't get back to us and took forever to he back to us. Other than that, I jabs great experience.Special Features:
- Returned Yet Again! =)rdawsonDined on 8/10/2013I've eaten here a handful of times and had drinks several times before. Each time has always been a great experience and the food/drinks have always been great in my book. I'll continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veggies Be warnedVeggieDined on 8/10/2013SUCH a cute restaurant. The place is amazing. But there are maybe 2 things on the menu for vegetarians. EVERYTHING has meat. Vegans would starve. Even if you aren't a vegan or vegetarian. The options for healthy vegetable plant based food were disappointing. We asked if there were any items they could make vegan for us and they suggested steamed veggies. I would just like more open and diverse options, especially for being in such a progressive neighborhood. The atmosphere was so cute though, and great for going in for a drink.Special Features:
- Food Not Good.VaytonDined on 8/10/2013Hello... The prices are way too high for the poor quality of food. I had the Udon Vegetable dinner and it was so salty that I could not finish it. I also ordered the garlic edamame, and there was nothing garlic about them, I didn't taste any garlic. My partner ordered a Bloody Mary and had to exchange it because it was way too hot/spicy for her to drink. The atmosphere is pretty cool, but the food is not good. If I'm going to pay that much money for a meal, I would expect that the food would be of higher quality. Well, at least I tried to dinner there once, and won't do that again. TonyaSpecial Features:
- Not really for big groupsLOVE2dineDined on 8/10/2013I wish that we had known this from the time I made the reservation that this place is not for big groups. We had a group of 13 and we were crunched in two round tables and we were not able to join the tables so a get together for a birthday was pointless. We had the option of the firepit but that's pointless as well because of the two hour limit. Won't ever recommend this place for more than 5-7 people and won't be booking in the future if more than 5-7 people. Overall, although it was disappointing, I still love Lei Lounge! Definitely great for dates, double dates, dinner w/ a few friends, etc.Special Features:
- Loved lei LoungeVeryyHappyyDined on 8/10/2013Was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The dining area was amazing. Loved all the lights & the skylight video roof. It gives a SPECIAL feel to the place. although I think the retsaurant deserves to be bigger, overall I felt like I would DEFINITELY come back & refer to my friends & family. LOVED IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous designOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013Lei lounge is beautifully and creatively designed, with a menu of enticing and creative cocktails. During happy hour the cocktails are half price. We had a large group for happy hour drinks and appetizers/dinner. The chicken in the lettuce cup appetizer was tough. The service was spotty and there appeared to be some confusion among the wait staff that led to some gaps in service.Special Features:
- Saturday night dinnerDJBellaBDined on 7/27/2013Everything was great as always. Bartender, drinks, table at the firepit, server and food..... all wonderful!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceEddyDined on 7/20/2013I planned a friends birthday dinner on a Saturday night (reservations @8:30 pm) and were seated right away. I had put 12 for the number of people attending but the table wasn't big enough. They had other tables reserved but they were running late so they couldn't combine any tables. We asked since our whole party had arrived on time if you could get the seats but they politely said they were reserved. We ended up splitting into two tables, and proceeded to enjoy the rest of the night. The food was really good, I had the burger with bacon with a side of truffle fries which was awesome. I would recommend this establishment but maybe with a smaller group.Special Features:
- Outstanding ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2013Outstanding ambiance! The food price was a little pricey for its quality but still pretty good. The happy hour drink specials were worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip Neighborhood locationOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2013This place has atmosphere! The drink specials were great. The food was just good-nothing special, although the sushi appetizer was some of the freshest sushi I have ever had. Would I go back, yes, but probably just for drinks and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feel good vibe.MerryMaryLoveDined on 7/3/2013It wasn't my first visit to The Lei Lounge, which is exactly why this is where I chose to celebrate my birthday dinner. As always, an outstanding venue with the indoor- lit up- dome like patio. The cocktails are certainly one of the main reasons why i continue to go back! Considering i chose to celebrate on a Wednesday, I didn't expect such poor service, although it did seem as if the restaurant wasn't anticipating that large of a crowd on the extended Fourth of July weekend. Overall very satisfied with the associates, from the sweet hostess who kept me company while making small talk about lip stick, to the waiter who was very efficient and knowledgeable of the menu and beverages. Highly likely to recommend!Special Features:
- LA in SDOliver07Dined on 5/11/2013Nice remodel. Always enjoy lei lounge. Only issue - the changed the cabanas that can sit 9 pretty comfortably with round tables that only seat 6. However, the reservation system still calls the rounds "cabanas" with a $250 minimum. Not a huge deal - just a bit pricey given the smaller space. Maybe lowering the minimum seems appropriate. Other than than, no complaints. Great place.Special Features:
- Would NOT recommend for DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2013I would not recommend coming here for dinner, the outside atmosphere is great, but does not make up for the costly bland food and the lack of service. The service was not worth a forced 18% gratuity. One of the waiters was cleaning a table next to ours and literally sprayed windex all over our food, we could feel the spray. They have great fruity drinks, but it is not worth it for dinner.Special Features:
- I enjoyed the Lei Lounge veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013I enjoyed the Lei Lounge very much! I like how they've re-decorated it. I have fallen in love with the Peppermint Mocha dessert drink! Thank you for a wonderful, relaxing time for my birthday :o)Special Features:
- A perfect double dateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013First time at the Lei lounge had heard a lot of wonderful things about this restaurant. Loved the ambiance went on a double date with my husband, brother and sister in law, and all four of us really enjoyed it! The atmosphere is beautiful! . Would definitely go again, but with my girlfriends and for brunch. Our food and service was great! Would recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- I took my VP here as she justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2013I took my VP here as she just moved to San Diego to be with our company. She LOVED it and by default was impressed with me :-D She parked at my home and we walked over. She doesn't live far so i'm certain she will return! Way to go Lei Lounge!Special Features:
- I haven't came here sinceAsianfoodloverDined on 4/7/2013I haven't came here since the renovation and it looks GREAT!! Love the outside seating and the round tables!Special Features:
- This is the spot and i willOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013This is the spot and i will be telling all my friends and family to stop by!Special Features:
- The food was good. We purchasedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013The food was good. We purchased a Groupon ($100 for $50). It was worth my fifty spot, definitely not the $100 the bill came to. The Lei-Zee rolls were adequate, the Lobster spring rolls should be revamped. The lobster was all over the place...some cooked, some not and even with the dipping sauce provided lacked any real discerning flavors. Some Thai basil inside would have popped some flavor in there! For entrees, the Pork Belly was decent, I only say that because, well...it's pork! It wasn't overdone.It could have used less salt in the sauce. The crab Mac and Cheese was sort of a let down...Give me LUMP MEAT!!! I want to experience crab, not have it get lost in the cheese. The highlight of the night...Chocolate Volcano cake.Special Features:
- I have been here twice, onceYumwowDined on 3/24/2013I have been here twice, once with my husband. We had a very romantic meal with great service. Last Sunday at my suggestion I went with three friends. We shared appetizers and had cocktails. Just lovely and delicious. Our only compaint was that the music was a bit too loud and we had to strain to hear each other. We mentioned it to our waitress and she said she couldn't lower it. Too bad:( Everything else was great!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to comeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Always a pleasure to come love the place. Allow time to find parking . But hey its worth coming toSpecial Features:
- The place was a very nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013The place was a very nice, not exactly what I expected.The Service wasn't very good. They didn't pay any attention to our table, and the wait was extremely long if they expected us to be out by 9 for our reservation.Special Features:
- Great ambiance, great eggsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Great ambiance, great eggs benedict, reasonable prices, and the DJ plays a great mix of music during Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Our evening at Lei LoungeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2013Our evening at Lei Lounge was exceptional! Our guest of honor arrived a bit late, but Lei's staff was awesome throughout. Especially our server, Kevin! Definitely not the last time I'll be dining at Lei Lounge.Special Features:
- One of the best romantic spotsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013One of the best romantic spots I have ever been. It's small and fabulous.Special Features:
- Food & cocktails were prettyMeatLoverDined on 2/17/2013Food & cocktails were pretty good, the service was o.k., could of been better. Great Happy Hour prices on cocktails. Nice outdoor seating.Special Features:
- I thought using open tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013I thought using open table was a genius idea. our tables were in a good spot, not that there's a bad table in there ;). The remodel is very hip and cool. The prices are very reasonable and the brunch special cocktails are out of this world delicious!! The staff is very efficient and very pleasant. The food was fantastic and good portions!! Overall, we had a blast and i will be coming there again very soon. I am also aware of their fantastic happy hour prices on their specialty cocktails and will see you alot this summer after we go to the lafayette pool all day!!!Special Features:
- Service was nice, a littleCourtneyjDined on 2/16/2013Service was nice, a little behind. Food was fantastic! Made reservations, but had to sit in the bar, would have loved a beautiful outside view. The original two top high table outside in the corner is awful placement, small and dark, so we just sat at the bar!Special Features:
- Great for late night dining,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Great for late night dining, featuring a redesigned menu, and decor.Special Features: