Short Pump Town Center
11800 West Broad Street, Suite 910
Richmond, VA 23233Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lehja.com/
- Phone: 8043641111x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday -Thursday: 4.30pm - 10:00pm, Friday : 4.30pm - 10:30pm
Saturday : 3.00pm - 10.30pm, Sunday : 3:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Wine Bar, Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Lehja
Lehja is a modern Indian restaurant now the best Indian rated by Todd Kliman of Washingtonian outside of Washington DC region featuring outstanding authentic and modern Indian Cuisine, served in an elegant surounding. We are located at Short Pump Towne Center.Lehja under the expert command of Sandeep(Sunny) Baweja, always strives the freshest ingredients and seasonal menu.Lehja's has also acclaimed "Award of Excellence" for 2011, 2012 & 2013 from Wine Spectator for its extensive wine list. Lehja has been the winner at the Broad Appetit for its award winning Dishes of Coffee and Donuts, Tawa Style Seabass & Mango Glazed prawns with five beans and mango salad.Lehja has been named one of the best Richmond Restaurants by Varoius media.April issue of Washingtonian featured Lehja as one of the must visit Richmond Spots.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Lehja - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Lehja reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (13)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (11)good for groups (11)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Perfect dinnertamuedDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed every dish served. Thank you Raj for your recommendations and your excellent service. Will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian FoodRVAfoodieDined on 8/16/2014A friend was visiting and asked if there was a good Indian restaurant we could try. We decided on Lehja. We were not disappointed. Beautiful interior, friendly wait staff, and delicious food. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding quality and serviceOutstandingDined on 8/15/2014Everything..... the curry crab appetizer was simply outstanding. Nothing could be suggested to make it better. The rockfish was cooked to perfection. The my wife's curry dish was, in her words, the best she has ever had. And the Chardonnay was outstanding ( very nice wine collection ). We sat outside watching the world go by in to and out of the Short Pump mall.... inside looked very relaxing as well. Service great. We turned down dessert, then got a complimentary pistachio ice cream to share..... heavenly. We WILL be back, often.Special Features:
- Excellent service, delicious mealLJinRVADined on 8/1/2014We loved our visit to Lehja. It was not overly crowded, the scene was vibrant. Many families and "regulars" that were seated. We especially appreciated the owner making rounds at tables to introduce himself and thank us for our visit. The food was fantastic - especially the Naan bread. The waiter made a special recommendation for a dish for me based on tastes I prefer, and it was a great dish. The menu is very approachable for anyone trying Indian cuisine for the first time. Definitely a must-try in Short Pump! Worth the drive to the 'burbs.Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysHarleyQuinnVIPDined on 8/1/2014Another awesome meal. The Gohbi Manchurian was out of this world with the spicy sauce--I would've licked the plate if I weren't in public--and paneer pakoras never disappoint. What I love most is when I'm indecisive about what I want (because I've had just about everything on the menu), they'll say "Let us make you something" and it always is divine. If you've never eaten Indian, let them help you--they really know the food and the wine. Great service as always from Raj & company.Special Features:
- Great upscale Indian restaurant!vagypsygirlVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is a wonderful Indian restaurant! It is an important addition to the Richmond restaurant scene, as its upscale ambiance and menu set it apart from other Indian restaurants in town.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysHarleyQuinnVIPDined on 7/13/2014I dread eating in restaurants but this place is an exception--we're here at least once a month. The service is always on point, they're knowledgeable about wines (which is something I can't say about the majority of restaurants in Richmond), and the food is to die for. Love that the portions aren't super sized too. And as vegetarians, we really appreciate that they understand that meat and fish products don't belong in the food.Special Features:
- Lives up to Billingmnoormo1VIPDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant states it is the best Indian food in Richmond. It lives up to its billing. The chicken tikka was not on the menu; nonetheless, I had the most succulent and tender chicken tikka that popped with flavor. I would definitely come back to this restaurant again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicesuperDined on 5/22/2014Lehja was a lovely place--thoughtful and interesting interior design. The food was very good and offered unique combinations. The gentleman that waited on our table, Carlos, was out of this world friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian wine SULAOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/22/2014Lehja is the best Asian indian food in Richmond.Sunny, the owner, never fails with his suggestions. I don't even look at the menu. This time had the fruity and wonderful Indian wine SULA. It is an excellent white. Terrific for summer. Sunny recommended the meal to go with the wine the cauliflower appetizer. Cauliflower never tasted so good. The chicken pea chaat fabulous as well as the seabass!!! what a way to have good wine and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 242 reviews are from the Lehja reviews archive.
- Mother's Day LunchJanetMDined on 5/11/2014We went to Lehja for Mother's Day lunch and had such a wonderful experience. The food was excellent as was the service. They had a special menu designed for the day and our group tried quite a few of the items. It was all outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lehja is a JewellgjetsonDined on 4/26/2014From our initial greeting to the service and especially the food, we had a terrific dining experience. Four of us sat at an outside table on a wonderful spring evening. We started with Samosas and Tawa Sea Bass appetizers to share. Both were outstanding; what really elevated the dishes were the wonderful sauces. For our main courses we had Chicken Tikka Masala, Biryani, and Crab-Scallap Meljol. Each was terrific and left us scrapping our plates with garlic naan to get every last bit. Sadly, we had no room for dessert. Lehja easily holds its own with the finest Indian food we've had in restaurants from New York to London to Singapore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian food in richmondReluctantvegheadDined on 4/25/2014Service was attentive without being intrusive. Food was amazing. Great choices for vegetarians. Many healthy options available. Will go back next time Im in Richmond.Special Features:
- A hidden gem in a mallPrincessFoodieDined on 4/23/2014A great choice for Restaurant Week. Portions were full size, unlike the other restaurants we visited. My "princess" cocktail was unique, helping set the tone for the meal. The chicken in the Murg Methi Malai Kebab was the best I've ever had - amazingly juicy and tender. Scallop - Eggplant Chaat was a surprisingly delicious combination. Seabass - Prawns Mango was perfectly cooked and a large portion, with a wonderfully smooth and not overly sweet sauce. Lamb Railway Curry was equally enjoyed. Mixed reviews on the Chocolate - Pecan Samosa. It was interesting and a delightful chang from overly sweet chocolat desserts. However the wrap was tough and hard to bit into and chew. Make guests aware restaurant is IN the mall, not on Broad Street!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first Indian food experiencePlantbasedcrazy1Dined on 4/23/2014We really enjoyed going to this restaurant. I had never been to an Indian restaurant before and I'm glad I went to Lehja first. The food was awesome and their menu include vegan and vegetarian food too (I'm vegan and was concerned about finding vegan dishes). Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week VisitCindyVIPDined on 4/22/2014Lot's of choices on the Restaurant Week menu. 3 of our party of 5 chose off this menu while the 2 others ordered off the regular menu. All enjoyed the variety but seemed quite pricey considering 3 ordered a 24.95 meal. Total before tip was just under 300.00Special Features:
- Delicious meal for a worthy causeRobinDined on 4/21/2014We participated in the Restaurant Week dinner and experienced a delicious meal, our usual experience!Special Features:
- Great Food great service!JoeCDined on 4/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our recent visit to Lehja! Sonny the owner is extremely helpful and accommodating and he really takes pride in everything they do. The food was outstanding. I would highly recommend to anyone. Not your typical Indian restaurant. Very different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get any better.HarleyQuinnVIPDined on 4/21/2014Food is creative & consistently good. The service is always super--the staff is attentive and knowledgeable about their offerings, something which seems to be lacking in other restaurants, and the reason why Lehja is the only restaurant that we actually bother to have a sit-down dinner rather than takeaway. Dine here, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- INDIAN FOOD AT ITS BEST!!!!winemanVIPDined on 4/9/2014INDIAN FOOD AT ITS BEST!!!! SONNY IS THE BEST AT MAKING EVERYONE COMFORTABLE IN AN "NEW" ATMOSPHERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have it your way...Western57VIPDined on 4/3/2014The menu is extensive enough to begin with. Considering that you can have any of the dishes done to the heat level you choose, if you wish to have a certain sauce or additional items thrown in, all you need do is ask. This seems less like an Indian restaurant and more like a friends house where the kitchen produces Indian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains a winner...Western57VIPDined on 3/21/2014The changes in the menu continue to provide horizon-expanding opportunities. Whether an aficionado who knows what they like, or a newbie looking to explore, you're certain to find something that made the visit worthwhile.The lamb shank...was succulent and savory. The chicken tikka masala, always good. One thing we've always enjoyed....is that despite the menu changes...they will continue to serve your favorite dish, just for the asking. It took me long enough to learn to pronounce it, better believe I'm going to order the Aam-Anardana ka Gosht. (Lamb and pomegranate....mmmm....)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodDinner4twoDined on 3/20/2014The food was very good and the service was great. We had a great time, enjoyed the food and will mark this restaurant down as one of our favorites.Special Features:
- It's in a mall, but...JeffDined on 3/16/2014I usually try to avoid dining in mall restaurants, but in this case I'm so glad that I made an exception! My colleague and I had just returned from India and were craving Indian food. Friends recommended Lehja as having some of the best Indian food in Richmond, and boy were they right! Our meal was outstanding, and the service was excellent. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent- service sub-normalPennDined on 3/15/2014Tomato-coconut soup and entree sauces were excellent as usual. Asked for my Naan with soup and was told they served naan with entree. Since naan is not complementary, I think I ought to get it when I want it. Probably would have ordered second with entree. Had to ask twice for serving spoons for rice and entrees. Wait staff pleasant but in need of training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best Indian RestaurantsGK02VIPDined on 3/8/2014The food quality is exceptional and the owner (Sunny) himself personally looks into the quality. The ambience is modern and relaxing. We have been to this restaurant many times and every time the quality of the food is genuine and appealing to the senses. The restaurant staff is sincere and courteous. Attendants like Sanjay personally ensure that the order, quality of food, and time taken to serve the food are outstanding. Lehja offers a very good selection of wines that compliments the classic Indian food. We have always noticed Lehja’s innovation, creating new dishes and created new versions of well-known classics. Overall this is great restaurant and the staff strives hard to offer top quality service and great Indian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent India FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014flavorful, Indian food. Range on spiciness. Willing to customize for allergies and tastes. Service was knowledgeable, friendly and extremely accurate (on a tricky order). Specials each day. Can get true Indian food and bring friends along who are to sure and there will be options for them as well.Special Features:
- The place for Indian cuisine in RVAWardSail2Dined on 2/21/2014Lehja offers a great all around dining experience with traditional and contemporary menus offerings. We enjoyed the food, the drinks, the atmosphere, and the staff. Every course and drink selection was very well executed, the staff friendly, prompt, and informative. The folks at Lehja clearly know what they are about and the food was just incredible. My wife and I look forward to dining here often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!JjlynnDined on 2/15/2014Special valentines menu was fantastic they always know how to put a new twist on traditional Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best part was the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The best part was the food. And the service was great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent4dogsandusDined on 2/14/2014One of our favorite places to get Indian food. Consistently good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go. It never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014The food and service are really great. We go at least once a month. It never disappoints! Order the Saag Paneer! It is the best I have ever had. All of the proteins I have ever tried are always cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceRich1938Dined on 1/31/2014Lehja offers a remarkable dining experience, including superb service. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousEagle1Dined on 1/11/2014It was recommended by an acquaintance and we found it to be everything he said. Best garlic naan ever. Not one bad thing to say.Special Features:
- Excellent food w/ even better serviOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014This place is great! The owner is top notch. He is so involved and really makes this dining experience amazing. You can tell he absolutely loves what he does. He is so knowledgeable on the food, ingredients, wine, etc. They can accommodate any special request. And the food is just wonderful! So flavorful and delicious!!! Highly, highly recommend to anyone and everyone looking for great food coupled with great service!! I can't say enough about this place! I only wish all dining experiences were this lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delilah food modern ambienceMfoxDined on 12/31/2013We have been enjoying lehja since they opened. They food is fantastic, the chef is very flexible, the waitstaff very accommodating and the ambience has a clean modern feel. They have plenty of vegetarian dishes and something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale IndianKeddieGogoDined on 12/31/2013We had reservations for 8 people at 7:30 and we're seated as soon as we arrived. They had our table all set and ready for us. Our waiter was very friendly, informative, and attentive. We tried several appetizers, which were very delicious ( especially the roasted cauliflower), the main dishes were just as tasty. They were all very flavorful without being too spicy. We ordered a bread basket which was filled with soft and warm fresh made breads. The cocktails were exceptionally blended and strong. The whole experience was fantastic and we are looking forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friends...Western57VIPDined on 12/15/2013It's great when you find one of those places where you can walk in, sit down, and have total confidence that almost any item on the menu is going to hit a home-run. There are several new items on the menu, but an old favorite is only a request away. The chai chicken is tender and flavorful...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food served wellVgabVIPDined on 11/25/2013One of the best Indian food in a very tough competition. Excellent flavor, good presentation and good and pleasant service. For some reason it is not broadly known but my several visits there were always very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impossible to have a bad meal hereHarleyQuinnVIPDined on 10/26/2013Decided to be adventurous and try their restaurant week menu. We had the beet & arugula salad followed by the paneer kale ka salan & homemade kulfi. The paneer kale was very light and not spicy--could be described as a fusion version of palek paneer. Definitely would order it again. Love the fact that they know their wines and offer good wines at all price points. So I recommend letting the owner pick a bottle for you if you're not an oenophile. Service is always top notch which is why this is the only restaurant that I can stand to actually eat in rather than do takeaway. They should run a school for servers in Richmond to learn how to serve. I would totally eat here every day if I could afford to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.