Short Pump Town Center
11800 West Broad Street, Suite 910
Richmond, VA 23233Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lehja.com/
- Phone: (804) 364-1111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday -Thursday: 4.30pm - 10:00pm, Friday : 4.30pm - 10:30pm
Saturday : 3.00pm - 10.30pm, Sunday : 3:00pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Wine Bar, Indian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Lehja
Lehja is a modern Indian restaurant now the best Indian rated by Todd Kliman of Washingtonian outside of Washington DC region featuring outstanding authentic and modern Indian Cuisine, served in an elegant surounding. We are located at Short Pump Towne Center.Lehja under the expert command of Sandeep(Sunny) Baweja, always strives the freshest ingredients and seasonal menu.Lehja's has also acclaimed "Award of Excellence" for 2011, 2012 & 2013 from Wine Spectator for its extensive wine list. Lehja has been the winner at the Broad Appetit for its award winning Dishes of Coffee and Donuts, Tawa Style Seabass & Mango Glazed prawns with five beans and mango salad.Lehja has been named one of the best Richmond Restaurants by Varoius media.April issue of Washingtonian featured Lehja as one of the must visit Richmond Spots.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Lehja - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Lehja reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)special occasion (20)good for groups (17)great for outdoor dining (15)great for lunch (13)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (11)romantic (10)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- AMAZING FOODBecomingafoodieDined on 11/7/2014This was the first time I have ever tried Indian food, and I had the Tikka Masala. IT WAS SOOO DELICIOUS!!! I can't wait to go back again and have it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian option in Richmond.ChicagoRichmondDined on 10/26/2014Nice location in a mall. Food is authentic and nicely flavored. A good option for dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunny does it again!DelightedDinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014This time, we went to Lehja to sample their restaurant week menu. I was stunned at the creativity exhibited in arranging the menu. The okra-avocado chaat with pomegranate was different and absolutely wonderful. The entree was another fantastic surprise as the Butternut Squash - Eggplant Kadahi made its way to my plate. The desert totally did me in -Strawberry Rasmalai omg! Despite growing up in India, I never had such a sumptuous desert creation. I applaud Sunny for his adventurous and thrilling menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2oldladiesDined on 10/23/2014I had had the dish we got once before and it was wonderful. This time it had no spice, we asked for medium, and no flavor. The Chat or whatever, for the appetizer was good however. The waiter was overly solicitous but didn't listen to a thing we said. Perhaps it was a language problem but I think it was that we were two "elderly" women. I had loved the restaurant but probably won't go back
- DeliciousZaraVIPDined on 10/16/2014The food was fabulous and the service was great. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Making converts...Western57VIPDined on 10/11/2014We continue to bring friends and relatives. Has just gotten to the point where my son has announced that Lehja is his favorite restaurant ever. This is coming from someone who travels for a living and dines out 3 to 4 nights a week. I couldn't resist the temptation to say "father knows best." The menu is great to begin with and changes not too frequently. They will make whatever you want and whatever sauce you want simply for the asking. When in doubt, ask for Sonny and simply say "Sonny, feed me." You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive Experience!aandesmomVIPDined on 9/20/2014I am a foodie who dined here with a relatively conservative non-foodie friend for brunch. Our server was extremely knowledgeable and amiable and provided detailed and accurate descriptions of all dishes on the menu. Everything we tried was exceptionally flavorful and satisfying. Will definitely return for brunch and dinner again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently exceeds expectationsCleanplateclub1Dined on 9/19/2014Every Step of the dining experience builds upon the last... From a friendly greeting to the intoxicating aroma of exotic spices to the courteous and knowledgable staff to the amazing presentation of food that I can easily say I have never found its equal in the Richmond area. Their wine list is impressive and well priced. As an added bonus the owner personally takes time to educate pAtrons about the cuisine and provides the highest level of customer service that I have enjoyed. I highly recommend Lehja and implore diners to trust the staff when making their selections...you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServicelaxmonDined on 9/17/2014The waiter was very patient with a few at our table who had never been to an Indian restaurant before. He even brought over a special appetizer for us to try. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnertamuedDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed every dish served. Thank you Raj for your recommendations and your excellent service. Will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian FoodRVAfoodieDined on 8/16/2014A friend was visiting and asked if there was a good Indian restaurant we could try. We decided on Lehja. We were not disappointed. Beautiful interior, friendly wait staff, and delicious food. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding quality and serviceOutstandingDined on 8/15/2014Everything..... the curry crab appetizer was simply outstanding. Nothing could be suggested to make it better. The rockfish was cooked to perfection. The my wife's curry dish was, in her words, the best she has ever had. And the Chardonnay was outstanding ( very nice wine collection ). We sat outside watching the world go by in to and out of the Short Pump mall.... inside looked very relaxing as well. Service great. We turned down dessert, then got a complimentary pistachio ice cream to share..... heavenly. We WILL be back, often.Special Features:
- Excellent service, delicious mealLJinRVADined on 8/1/2014We loved our visit to Lehja. It was not overly crowded, the scene was vibrant. Many families and "regulars" that were seated. We especially appreciated the owner making rounds at tables to introduce himself and thank us for our visit. The food was fantastic - especially the Naan bread. The waiter made a special recommendation for a dish for me based on tastes I prefer, and it was a great dish. The menu is very approachable for anyone trying Indian cuisine for the first time. Definitely a must-try in Short Pump! Worth the drive to the 'burbs.Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysHarleyQuinnVIPDined on 8/1/2014Another awesome meal. The Gohbi Manchurian was out of this world with the spicy sauce--I would've licked the plate if I weren't in public--and paneer pakoras never disappoint. What I love most is when I'm indecisive about what I want (because I've had just about everything on the menu), they'll say "Let us make you something" and it always is divine. If you've never eaten Indian, let them help you--they really know the food and the wine. Great service as always from Raj & company.Special Features:
- The following 247 reviews are from the Lehja reviews archive.
- Great upscale Indian restaurant!vagypsygirlVIPDined on 7/22/2014This is a wonderful Indian restaurant! It is an important addition to the Richmond restaurant scene, as its upscale ambiance and menu set it apart from other Indian restaurants in town.Special Features:
- Awesome as alwaysHarleyQuinnVIPDined on 7/13/2014I dread eating in restaurants but this place is an exception--we're here at least once a month. The service is always on point, they're knowledgeable about wines (which is something I can't say about the majority of restaurants in Richmond), and the food is to die for. Love that the portions aren't super sized too. And as vegetarians, we really appreciate that they understand that meat and fish products don't belong in the food.Special Features:
- Lives up to Billingmnoormo1VIPDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant states it is the best Indian food in Richmond. It lives up to its billing. The chicken tikka was not on the menu; nonetheless, I had the most succulent and tender chicken tikka that popped with flavor. I would definitely come back to this restaurant again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NicesuperDined on 5/22/2014Lehja was a lovely place--thoughtful and interesting interior design. The food was very good and offered unique combinations. The gentleman that waited on our table, Carlos, was out of this world friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian wine SULAOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/22/2014Lehja is the best Asian indian food in Richmond.Sunny, the owner, never fails with his suggestions. I don't even look at the menu. This time had the fruity and wonderful Indian wine SULA. It is an excellent white. Terrific for summer. Sunny recommended the meal to go with the wine the cauliflower appetizer. Cauliflower never tasted so good. The chicken pea chaat fabulous as well as the seabass!!! what a way to have good wine and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day LunchJanetMDined on 5/11/2014We went to Lehja for Mother's Day lunch and had such a wonderful experience. The food was excellent as was the service. They had a special menu designed for the day and our group tried quite a few of the items. It was all outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lehja is a JewellgjetsonDined on 4/26/2014From our initial greeting to the service and especially the food, we had a terrific dining experience. Four of us sat at an outside table on a wonderful spring evening. We started with Samosas and Tawa Sea Bass appetizers to share. Both were outstanding; what really elevated the dishes were the wonderful sauces. For our main courses we had Chicken Tikka Masala, Biryani, and Crab-Scallap Meljol. Each was terrific and left us scrapping our plates with garlic naan to get every last bit. Sadly, we had no room for dessert. Lehja easily holds its own with the finest Indian food we've had in restaurants from New York to London to Singapore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Indian food in richmondReluctantvegheadDined on 4/25/2014Service was attentive without being intrusive. Food was amazing. Great choices for vegetarians. Many healthy options available. Will go back next time Im in Richmond.Special Features:
- A hidden gem in a mallPrincessFoodieDined on 4/23/2014A great choice for Restaurant Week. Portions were full size, unlike the other restaurants we visited. My "princess" cocktail was unique, helping set the tone for the meal. The chicken in the Murg Methi Malai Kebab was the best I've ever had - amazingly juicy and tender. Scallop - Eggplant Chaat was a surprisingly delicious combination. Seabass - Prawns Mango was perfectly cooked and a large portion, with a wonderfully smooth and not overly sweet sauce. Lamb Railway Curry was equally enjoyed. Mixed reviews on the Chocolate - Pecan Samosa. It was interesting and a delightful chang from overly sweet chocolat desserts. However the wrap was tough and hard to bit into and chew. Make guests aware restaurant is IN the mall, not on Broad Street!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first Indian food experiencePlantbasedcrazy1Dined on 4/23/2014We really enjoyed going to this restaurant. I had never been to an Indian restaurant before and I'm glad I went to Lehja first. The food was awesome and their menu include vegan and vegetarian food too (I'm vegan and was concerned about finding vegan dishes). Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week VisitCindyVIPDined on 4/22/2014Lot's of choices on the Restaurant Week menu. 3 of our party of 5 chose off this menu while the 2 others ordered off the regular menu. All enjoyed the variety but seemed quite pricey considering 3 ordered a 24.95 meal. Total before tip was just under 300.00Special Features:
- Delicious meal for a worthy causeRobinDined on 4/21/2014We participated in the Restaurant Week dinner and experienced a delicious meal, our usual experience!Special Features:
- Great Food great service!JoeCDined on 4/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our recent visit to Lehja! Sonny the owner is extremely helpful and accommodating and he really takes pride in everything they do. The food was outstanding. I would highly recommend to anyone. Not your typical Indian restaurant. Very different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get any better.HarleyQuinnVIPDined on 4/21/2014Food is creative & consistently good. The service is always super--the staff is attentive and knowledgeable about their offerings, something which seems to be lacking in other restaurants, and the reason why Lehja is the only restaurant that we actually bother to have a sit-down dinner rather than takeaway. Dine here, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- INDIAN FOOD AT ITS BEST!!!!winemanVIPDined on 4/9/2014INDIAN FOOD AT ITS BEST!!!! SONNY IS THE BEST AT MAKING EVERYONE COMFORTABLE IN AN "NEW" ATMOSPHERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have it your way...Western57VIPDined on 4/3/2014The menu is extensive enough to begin with. Considering that you can have any of the dishes done to the heat level you choose, if you wish to have a certain sauce or additional items thrown in, all you need do is ask. This seems less like an Indian restaurant and more like a friends house where the kitchen produces Indian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains a winner...Western57VIPDined on 3/21/2014The changes in the menu continue to provide horizon-expanding opportunities. Whether an aficionado who knows what they like, or a newbie looking to explore, you're certain to find something that made the visit worthwhile.The lamb shank...was succulent and savory. The chicken tikka masala, always good. One thing we've always enjoyed....is that despite the menu changes...they will continue to serve your favorite dish, just for the asking. It took me long enough to learn to pronounce it, better believe I'm going to order the Aam-Anardana ka Gosht. (Lamb and pomegranate....mmmm....)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodDinner4twoDined on 3/20/2014The food was very good and the service was great. We had a great time, enjoyed the food and will mark this restaurant down as one of our favorites.Special Features:
- It's in a mall, but...JeffDined on 3/16/2014I usually try to avoid dining in mall restaurants, but in this case I'm so glad that I made an exception! My colleague and I had just returned from India and were craving Indian food. Friends recommended Lehja as having some of the best Indian food in Richmond, and boy were they right! Our meal was outstanding, and the service was excellent. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food excellent- service sub-normalPennDined on 3/15/2014Tomato-coconut soup and entree sauces were excellent as usual. Asked for my Naan with soup and was told they served naan with entree. Since naan is not complementary, I think I ought to get it when I want it. Probably would have ordered second with entree. Had to ask twice for serving spoons for rice and entrees. Wait staff pleasant but in need of training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best Indian RestaurantsGK02VIPDined on 3/8/2014The food quality is exceptional and the owner (Sunny) himself personally looks into the quality. The ambience is modern and relaxing. We have been to this restaurant many times and every time the quality of the food is genuine and appealing to the senses. The restaurant staff is sincere and courteous. Attendants like Sanjay personally ensure that the order, quality of food, and time taken to serve the food are outstanding. Lehja offers a very good selection of wines that compliments the classic Indian food. We have always noticed Lehja’s innovation, creating new dishes and created new versions of well-known classics. Overall this is great restaurant and the staff strives hard to offer top quality service and great Indian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent India FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014flavorful, Indian food. Range on spiciness. Willing to customize for allergies and tastes. Service was knowledgeable, friendly and extremely accurate (on a tricky order). Specials each day. Can get true Indian food and bring friends along who are to sure and there will be options for them as well.Special Features:
- The place for Indian cuisine in RVAWardSail2Dined on 2/21/2014Lehja offers a great all around dining experience with traditional and contemporary menus offerings. We enjoyed the food, the drinks, the atmosphere, and the staff. Every course and drink selection was very well executed, the staff friendly, prompt, and informative. The folks at Lehja clearly know what they are about and the food was just incredible. My wife and I look forward to dining here often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!JjlynnDined on 2/15/2014Special valentines menu was fantastic they always know how to put a new twist on traditional Indian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best part was the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The best part was the food. And the service was great tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent4dogsandusDined on 2/14/2014One of our favorite places to get Indian food. Consistently good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.