Legends of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, IN 46556Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Legends of Notre Dame
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.legendsofnotredame.org/
- Phone: 5746312582
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brent Gregory
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact management team for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Accommodates up to 20. Has full audio/visual options, great for meetings and presentations.
- Entertainment: Sports centric entertainment, over 720" of High Definition television. Viewing from all areas. Historic Notre Dame sports timeline. Genuine memorabilia, including the 1993 Cotton Bowl trophy, available for unique photo opportunities with friends and family.
A word from Legends of Notre Dame
Welcome to Legends, Michiana's favorite place to relax with family, food, and friends. And it's easy to see why. Savory daily specials. A delicious, healthy menu to please every appetite. Lots of room for large parties and special occasions. Easy to find with plenty of parking. At Legends, we serve up family-friendly sights, smiles, and surprises that make every visit a fun-filled treat. Just 100 yards south of Indiana's most famous landmark, University of Notre Dame's football stadium. Large party reservations gladly accepted. Parties over 20, please contact the management team.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Legends of Notre Dame - Best Restaurants in South Bend ›
Legends of Notre Dame reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (8)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- a family outingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Brought family (kids, grandkids, sibling) for a special occasion. Everyone enjoyed themselves; the menu and kid's menu was great with lots of options. Loved the memorabilia. Great family atmosphere. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Football weekend madhousefossilloverDined on 8/29/2014I took someone to Legends for lunch Friday at noon. This was the day before the opening home football game. The menu was greatly reduced from the usual menu. Service was very slow, it took 90 minutes from the time we put in our order to the time we paid and all we had ordered were sandwiches and water. There is need for double the number of wait staff on these weekends. Also the very limited menu was not mentioned before hand.
- Good experienceJrkswDined on 8/23/2014Very good place to eat. On campus. Convenient. Good food with many selections. Great place to learn about ND sports.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Best Perch I have ever had. Notre Dame is beautiful and this was a fun place for lunch.Special Features:
- DianaDined on 8/2/2014The food is always very good, though we miss the lobster bites as an appetizer. This place is a little treasure and a great place to enjoy the ambience of Notre Dame. As long as they do not change it as happened with Murf's little spot next to The Morris Inn (a place now where you must use valet parking and the atmosphere is akin to something out of downtown Chicago) then we would look forward to the continued traditions we so enjoy at that location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When in SB, stop in!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/30/2014We stopped in on the way to Chicago and stopped again on our way back. Service was terrific. Food is great. Lots of choices for all palates and diets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service, great foodFoodieDined on 6/6/2014This place was recommended to us and it was worth it. Tough menu....so many great choices! We all came in expecting to have burgers and we all had something different.....and very happy we did. Don't hesitate to go to Legends! (We are "foodies" and had a retired chef in our group)Special Features:
- The following 46 reviews are from the Legends of Notre Dame reviews archive.
- Tuesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Picked a Tuesday night while ND was done for the semester. We love their Wings and everyone in the group was delighted. John was great as our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met our needsGoodchoiceDined on 5/17/2014As we were on ND campus for a short time and wanted to do dinner conveniently with our family of nine, the choice of the Legends was perfect. Plenty of food choices, good parking, friendly staff and service made it very enjoyable. Really appreciated the Open Table reservation system and how well it works.Special Features:
- Group LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Legends was able to accomodate our group of 12 for lunch on graduation weekend. We were running ahead of schedule and called, the hostess was able to adjust our reservation. Server was very good and food was also good. Everyone enjoyed the experience. It did take some time to receive our order, but taking into account the busy weekend this was not unreasonable. Conveniently located on the Notre Dame campus Legends was perfect for lunch after the Law School graduation ceremony.Special Features:
- slow servicendgradDined on 5/13/2014Food was great, but go with lots of time to kill. We arrived at 4 but didn't get our food until 5! Ugh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014I ordered the shrimp pasta in Thai Sauce. The shrimp were tiny and few. The sauce tasted good, but there had to have been a 1/2 gallon of it. Almost like a soup. My wife ordered the turkey avocado sandwhich - the turkey was a slimy cold cut, which she had one bite of and couldn't eat any more. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good consistent qualityNDfan4lifeDined on 4/12/2014Great mozzarella sticks appetizer. Not so good cole slaw. Disappointment. Cole slaw was Heavy on the black pepper and Very little slaw dressing. Good sized portions. Food comes out hot. I am a repeat customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soCyddDined on 4/11/2014Was excited to eat here since it is right on campus. Waitress was very nice and friendly. Menu leaves a little to be desired. They have steaks but they are only served with the starch of the day which was Cous Cous, when I have steal I need a potato! Ordered corned beef and cabbage and my husband ordered a burger. They messed up my order and I ended up getting it for free but my husband and I didn't eat together as I was waiting for a replacement. His hamburger was ok, but he has had better at almost any steak place. At least we can say we ate there and know they don't have the greatest food so we won't have to go back.Special Features:
- Local ND fanRcaud2493Dined on 4/11/2014Great dining experience with family. Server was great even when kids changed their mind. Food was great and delivered hot and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- specials not so specialarrhythmiaDined on 4/5/2014Three of us ate at Legends. The April special of pan fried flounder tasted like wet flour and the vegetables were unappetizing. The plate was oily from the cooking. Another dinner was of Coach Brey's mango chicken. Unappetizing as well. Our assessment is similar to what friends and colleagues have experienced as well.
- Perfect end for a day at Notre DameSDCoupleDined on 4/5/2014It's hard to beat a day spent on campus, mass, and then dinner at Legends! We had drinks at the bar earlier in the day, and had great service. Dinner was delicious, and we would definitely recommend it to everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- There during ncca playoff.LulubelleDined on 3/31/2014There during ncca playoff. Restaraunt became very busy and service was very slow should have been better prepared to handle the crowd otherwise food was good nice menus optionsSpecial Features:
- Fan FavoriteBrianDined on 3/29/2014If you're a fan of Notre Dame this is the place for you. Reasonably priced, good ambiance for sports fans. Waitresses are students so don't expect super duper service. I got to sit next to one the Notre Dame women's basketball players (Natalie Achonwa) after their Regional Semi-final victory against Oklahoma State. Pretty cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hockey Night in South BendirishguyDined on 3/8/2014Went to Legends before heading over to watch the Irish take on BU in the Hockey East playoffs. I've eaten here countless times, and every time Legends does not disappoint. I enjoyed the great new specials for March; which was 10 new and different kinds of burgers. As usual, service was fast and waitress was checking up on our table at a reasonable amount of time. It's a great place to enjoy a meal before or after watching the Irish play in any sport!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hockey team friendlyHockeymomDined on 2/15/2014We were in town for a hockey tournament and the restaurant was very accommodating. The food was good and the staff was friendly and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Food was very basic. I was hoping for so much more. None of us (6 people) finished our food.Special Features:
- Irish FanIrishfanDined on 2/14/2014Legends at Notre Dame is a great place to dine if you are at Notre Dame for a weekend. The irish Nachos are a must. One order for a group of four works but if you have a larger party, order more. They disappear quickly! Tilapia was flavorful and sirloin steak with blue cheese was tender and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood faitas overall weredomer83Dined on 2/14/2014Seafood faitas overall were bland. Talapia and guacamole were tasteless. Better when requested salsa was added. Consider serving automatically on the side. Flatbread pizza appetizer was tasty with nice presentation but very soggy crust. Service was responsive and courteous.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014The food and service at legends was excellent. Had a great time would come back and will recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, crazy on game nightHungryfamilyDined on 1/18/2014Our server was awesome! Other servers...not so much. It was a hockey home game night. One server looked like a train wreck and stressed us out. The manager swore several times that we heard. Not in,y were children present but it was unprofessional. If not for our great waitress, I am not sure we would go back. Food was awesome and they had a huge gluten free section. Noise level was through the roof loud, but again it was a game night.Special Features:
- Notre Dame ambiencetrishaDined on 12/20/2013I took a group to Legends of Notre Dame recently. It is decorated with Notre Dame sports themes and is a popular spot on campus. The food was okay but the service was not very good; the waitress seemed to be having a forgetful day. Greenfields on campus has better food and prices although they don't have a liquor license and cater more to the on campus crowd than visitors. Legends is an okay place but not anything special in terms of food or service.Special Features:
- Our experience was very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/12/2013Our experience was very good, but always is. The food was wonderful and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Food was good. Server, ChrisBoMcDined on 12/10/2013Food was good. Server, Chris was very accomodating, booth was comfortableSpecial Features:
- Sunday DinnerPeggyDined on 12/8/2013Our group of 8 had a wonderful dining experience. Our table was ready upon our arrival - nice round table so we could all visit. The waitress was very congenial and did an excellent job the entire evening. Three out of 8 of our group do not eat meat and everyone was able to find something on the menu to their liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013Legends is a very nice place to have a relaxing dinner. Food is good and so is the service.Special Features:
- For more than just NDstudents, alumOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2013This restaurant is delicious! They offer a variety of appetizers (of which the pesto flatbread I can vouch is amazing), as well as entrées from burgers and fajitas to salads and juicy fish dishes. The atmosphere is great for small-late groups because the booths and multiple TV set-up. I definitely recommend this place for ND students and Alum, but also encourage others to check it out. The prices were also very acceptable considering the food portions and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceCharlieDined on 11/21/2013Wasn't sure what to expect but the food and service was excellent and the atmosphere was great especially if you are a fan of Notre Dame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a joy!FilbyDined on 11/19/2013This restaurant is always an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good for groupStratpackDined on 11/9/2013We loved the idea of going to Legends. We have two tables: 8 adults at one table, 5 kids at a booth next to us. The only issue was the kids did not get their food until a half hour after the adults. (computer glitch that allowed another table to get in between our two tables ordering... just fix that little problem and I would call this a perfect experience!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legends near legendseovermyerDined on 11/8/2013Great server, good service, quick food ordering to table, love making reservations via Open Table! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceLibrarianMargeDined on 11/4/2013This was a return visit to Legends of Notre Dame, so we knew how good it would be. We were not disappointed. The food was great, and the whole dinner was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exactly what we neededmrybaDined on 11/3/2013Not to pricey...but worth every penny....burgers are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish Nachos = GoodNDstaffDined on 10/26/2013Nice food. Decent atmosphere if there is not a big group in at the same time as you. Nice service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday partybigmikeDined on 10/26/2013legends was okay, we have some food problems, ome of the food we ask for medium cook and the food was well cook, the winngs good of been cook a little londger the where to dry, steak we wanted meduim , it was cook well done, salad we wanted cheese on it and we did not get it . the server did not check on us that much . rate rate the server 1 thru 10 i give her a 5 not that good,.but thaks for having us.Special Features: