460 Route 33
East Windsor, NJ 08520Neighborhood:
East Windsor, NJ
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.legendsgrille.com/
- Phone: 6094435565x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 4:00pm to 9:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Thursday 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: John Krakowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please visit www.legendsgrille.com or contact the restaurant directly.
A word from Legends Grille
Formerly Basil's Legends Lamb Chop House, this Mediterranean restaurant is under the new management of Chef John Krakowski, his wife Robin, and son John Jr. Legends Grill, which has served local diners for several years as Basils and developed a following for its cooked to order specials, will continue in East Windsor. The restaurant will keep the same recipes and dishes, but also introduce new food items and a kids' menu. Legends Grille is open for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Legends Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Local GemFauxgloDined on 10/11/2014Best lamb chops anywhere, especially their lamb chops savoy. Food is always excellent as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Good experience.....small dining room, easy to talk to other people in my party. Great food, and attentive service. We had the "famous" lamb chops and loved them. On site and lots of parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem!ChrissyR114Dined on 9/20/2014Without restaurant.com, we'd never have known about this place. The food was very good but the atmosphere was casual so you can get a really good meal without getting dressed up. I'd recommend it and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemfunfriendsDined on 8/16/2014Legends Grille is connected to Days Inn so many people may not find it easily but it is worth the find. The food is really good. Our party cleaned their plates for lamb chops, chicken parm, talapia, chicken marsala and smothered salmon. We started with delicious Legends wings and calamari. Topped it all off with Townsend cookie dessert and brownie dessert, both come with vanilla ice cream. Yummy.Special Features:
- Dan & IleneDannyboyDined on 8/9/2014A wonderful place to eat. Great food and service, and very responsive to special requests regarding food allergies. We used to live a mile away, but since we moved, we always try to get there when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 42 reviews are from the Legends Grille reviews archive.
- ExcellensparkyDined on 5/31/2014The food, service and atmosphere was excellent. I would recommend this place to anyone and I look forward to coming back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseEWindGirlDined on 5/17/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary. We chose it because of the reviews, and because we live in East Windsor and didn't want to travel far. The ambience isn't very romantic, but it's inside a Days Inn so that was no surprise - there were people hanging out at the bar and the country music was loud. But the food more than made up for it! We started with the coconut shrimp which was delicious. The Greek salad was meh, but the entrees were outstanding. My husband had the lamb chops because that's what the place is "famous" for, and he was still talking about them days later. Yum! I had the duck, which was not as good as the lamb chops but was still very tasty. We will definitely go back and recomment it to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseRogCVIPDined on 5/1/2014We enjoyed a relaxing dinner with great food and wonderful service. This restaurant is located in a Days Inn Hotel. I did not think well of it when we drove into the parking lot but was pleasantly surprised. I would highly recommend for a casual night out.Special Features:
- A night out at the days innJustmeDined on 4/26/2014Located in the days inn by the turnpike, the restaurant was small and the decor was dated. When the server was asked how fresh the fish was, she replied, "we go shopping three times a week. "We subsequently ordered the chicken to be safe. The food was surprisingly good, but given the atmosphere it did not reflect the $20-$30 per dish– price tag. I would only pay that if I was in a nicer restaurant. We certainly will not go back
- Take a break from the trafficJSVlunchesDined on 4/19/2014A welcome reprieve from the bumper to bumper traffic on the turnpike. Hidden on the first floor of a Days Inn, it was busy but not crowded. The souvlaki and giro platters were better than the italian entrees we tried. Ingredients were generally fresh but a bit under seasoned. Service was friendly and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was our first time at thefun4usDined on 4/4/2014Was our first time at the restaurant and the waitress was very good about checking with the chef to see what was in some of the dishes, since there are some items I can't have for health reasons. Food was very good. They also carry our favorite wine which is a plus. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in a motelWestFarmsDined on 3/22/2014We were lookikng for something different and when Duck was spotted on the on-line menu 3 of us decided to meet here. We are glad we did and are already planning another trip in April withothers who we think would enjoy it. The duck was super as were the 2 salmon entrees. The side dishes and greek salad were good and even the decaf coffee tasted great. The owner stopped by to ask how our meal was and that was a nice touch. The desert menu tempted us but we were all too full to try any. It was quiet enough for us to have a very serious talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Friendly PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2014Enjoyed the meal which was tasty and neatly presented. The portions were of good size and would satisfy any hungry diner. Prices were within a comfortable range.I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gem in the Days Inn.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/16/2014hidden gem in the Days Inn. Great lamb chops- get the cutney sauce
- nice and casualRaymondDined on 3/7/2014Very small and surprising in lobby of a Days Inn. Food and service was very very good. nice place to meet with a couple of friends and enjoy dinner. Grilled lamb chops and prime rib were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem for many, manyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Hidden gem for many, many years. Hadn't been for ~10 years, decided to try again for Valentines. Fresh baked bread, spicy olive oil dipping sauce. Crisp, fresh greek salad, very solid salad with homemade dressing. Really good. Food took perfect time to come out. Wife had Ribeye - perfectly cooked, like butter. Veggies cooked to perfect au-dente. I had pork tenderloin, very tender. All in all, very solid hidden gem - kudo's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in an odd placeInNJDined on 2/1/2014I've travelled quite a bit and never found a decent restaurant in a Day's Inn. But that's where Legend's Grille can be found. An incredible place if you like, as I do, lamb done to perfection. Great food all around, but the lamb, outstanding. A wonderful place to dine with family or friends. Small, intimate and a great staff makes this special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best place for grilledJerseyTravellerVIPDined on 1/25/2014The best place for grilled lamb in Central NJ. The food is consistently good. The signature escarole sausage soup is interesting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterannean Pleasure @ New JerseyFlushingFirstTimersDined on 1/23/2014I have dined at Legends many times for dinner but had an opportunity to bring a friend for a lunchtime birthday celebration. Unlike weekend evening, which are packed, the restaurant was almost empty at lunch. The salad was fresh with their signature dressing and the grilled sandwich with buffalo chicken, bacon, and grilled vegetables was outstanding. As the restaurant was almost empty the chef owner owner stopped by several times to talk to us and we were allowed to carry on our leisurely conversation with only the required inquiries about fresh coffee..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantsabrDined on 12/31/2013The Legends Grille is the best restaurant in my area that I have gone to during the past twelve years that I have lived in New Jersey! The food was great, as was the service. My daughter looked for a place where we could eat after seeing a movie. My husband and I, along with our daughter and her husband decided to try Legends. We all thought the food was wonderful. In fact, two nights later, for New Year's Eve, we returned with another couple. They loved it, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve with friendsartloverDined on 12/31/2013We have eaten here before and always enjoy the food. We had one of the night specials and it was delicious. The lamb chops were especially delicious. The owners and wait staff are attentive and friendly. The casual ambiance is inviting. Everything about our evening was pleasant. We will return and being more of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went there for our anniversarybeverlyDined on 12/27/2013We went there for our anniversary the lamb chops were once again excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place to dineBookeryDined on 12/14/2013Four of us ate there one stormy night and enjoyed ourselves. Good wine, excellent dishes off a moderately ambitious menu. Attentive service and the meat was cooked as requested.Special Features:
- Went two weeks in a rowSusanVIPDined on 11/23/2013We went on two consecutive Saturdays and received the same excellent food and service as we had previously. The grilled octopus appetizer was fantastic. Our server, Stephanie deserves special note as she is friendly, efficient and attentive. Her service made our dinner experience even better. We shall be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedSusanVIPDined on 11/16/2013Our party of 3 had an excellent dinner at Legends. We give rave reviews to the grilled octopus. Best we've had in the area. My salmon Bretonne dish was expertly prepared and my husband's duck was excellent as well. Of particular note was the attentive and friendly service given by our server, whose name I unfortunately cannot recall. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The food was ok but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013The food was ok but not great. The ambiance was poor, more like a diner. It was not Clear on the website that this restaurant is actually part of the Days Inn. The staff were very pleasant which helped the overall experience.Special Features:
- Nice service, great food.MartaDined on 10/12/2013Nice service, great food. I will recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- Great food. Everything isJohnDined on 10/4/2013Great food. Everything is top quality and prepared to taste great. An excellent dining experience. Service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legends Grille NJLegendsDined on 8/3/2013Food was great. I had the lamb chops and steak and they were cooked to perfection. The greek salad had a distinct dressing that was surprisingly delicious. My husband had the lasagne special and it was also delicious. The server was attentive. The dessert was ok had the brownie and it was nothing to brag about but it was good. Our overall experience was good and if we are ever in the area again we will certainly make reservations for dinner as the place is not too big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good on all accounts;wineanddineVIPDined on 7/30/2013Very good on all accounts; food and the micobrew on tap. Service was very attentive, but a bit fast. My entree came before I finished my salad. Sitting at the bar, I would have liked to linger a bit over my pint. I had a difficult time finding it; it's in a Days Inn Motel. Don't let that put you off; the restaurant is really good and the prices are commensurate with the quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lamp chops in TownFauxgloDined on 6/8/2013Have eaten at Legends and also when it was Basil's many times. Have never had a bad meal there. Their lamp chops savoy is to die for. Sometimes the service is slow but the wait staff is friendly and helpful. I think the slow service stems from the fact that its a small kitchen and there are only two cooks. As long as you're not in a hurry this is a great local restaurant with much better than average food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a surprise, no questions askedMustangDallyDined on 5/18/2013Four of us dined there on Saturday night and none of us were satisfied with our meal. The house dressing on the salads lacked flavor. The pork chops were "OK." The salmon was "edible," but the Chicken Marsala was not. My choice of the Shrimp Siciliano was awful. The shrimp was extremely overcooked and I didn't eat it, and the sausage in the meal was kielbasa, hardly a Sicilian ingredient. The vegetables and bread were the best part of the meal. We didn't dare order anything else, and left Legends to have coffee and dessert elsewhere. The confirmation of our disappointment came when none of the staff asked, "How was your meal?"
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013We found Legends Grille from feedback on Trip Advisor. It did not disappoint. I had the duck which was absolutely fabulous. I have not had duck in years and I think this was the best I ever had. My husband had the lamb chops and loved them too. The Greek salad had a wonderful tomato based dressing that I hope to duplicate at home. The only reason I did not give this restaurant 5 stars was because we found the desserts to be a disappointment. I got the Brownie Dessert. It was one small brownie surrounded by 3 scoops of ice cream and a small amount of chocolate sauce. My husband got the apple pie. Lots of ice cream also. Neither the brownie or the pie had been heated. Go to Legends and skip the dessert.Special Features:
- Service was fantastic, foodTravelerDined on 3/2/2013Service was fantastic, food was really good and well worth the cost. Prices are very reasonable. Not very big but very good. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Their signature dish, LambjustbizDined on 2/17/2013Their signature dish, Lamb Chops, were skillfully prepared and delicious! The wine selection was very good. The service was friendly.Special Features:
- Surprise in a MotelFredSDined on 2/16/2013Very nice surprise. Veal chop was excellent. Good service.Special Features:
- We have a Great ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We have a Great Valentines Dinner at Legend Grill. The Food & Service were Great. The waiter handed out roses to all the women. I recommend it,Special Features:
- The restaurant may be smallFlushingFirstTimersDined on 2/9/2013The restaurant may be small and located in a Days Inn but you can't beat the flavorful food and the drinks that are appropriately liquored. The food is Mediterranean leaning strongly to the Greek.Special Features:
- Highly Recommended!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2013Everything about our experience was great! We had appetizers: stuffed mushrooms and pan-seared shrimp, and they were well-prepared. I had the signature soup, which was a delicious blend of chicken, escarole, sausage, and chick peas in a lovely broth; hubby had salad, which he enjoyed. Our entrees were really good! Mine was the day's special, Bourbon glazed ribs with garlic green beans and Grecian potatos. My husband had Shrimp Voula. Dessert topped off the delicious meal. Everything was fresh and flavorful, and the service was superior. The owner even spent time talking to us about our experience. In all, we highly recommend this little gem. We are going back in two weeks for another delicious meal.Special Features:
- good food but a little priceyTanaDined on 1/11/2013I found the selection good and the taste of everything i tried was good, the place itself was a little dark and cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.