Legends at Walkers Bluff
14400 Meridian Rd
Carterville, IL 62918Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Legends at Walkers Bluff
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.walkersbluff.com/legends-restaurant
- Phone: 6185594893x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Friday, Saturday, & Sunday: 4:00 pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Walker's Bluff is an exceptional entertainment venue that strives to delight our guests with a variety of activities. Whether it be an experience in fine dining, a unique shopping opportunity, or beverages that will qualify as a sensory experience, we have something for everyone! From concerts by award winning, nationally recognized artists to local live entertainment, there is something special almost every weekend. Families will enjoy an atmosphere that promotes wholesome fun. Whether it's fishing for the "Big Wonga, enjoying an outdoor movie and popcorn, or two stepping to a Nashville band, we promise you a delightful time. You'll want to sign up for our email blasts and newsletter to stay abreast of all that goes on during the year at www.walkersbluff.com. See you at the Bluff!
A word from Legends at Walkers Bluff
The Bluff's fine dining restaurant, Legends, offers the area's most gourmet cuisine, largest selection of fine wines and spirits, Elegant atmosphere and most spectacular service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Legends at Walkers Bluff - Best Restaurants in Carterville ›
Legends at Walkers Bluff reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)romantic (19)scenic view (17)notable wine list (15)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (8)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- DisappointmentMamasdinnerDined on 8/24/2014This was our first visit to Walker's Bluff. His prime rib was tough and full of gristle. It was poor quality meat and should have been used for stociklnThe server brought him a second steak which took forever to receive. The quality was even worse. I ordered the pasta of the day. The pasta was overcooked and had the texture of paste.Special Features:
- A must go in southern IllinoisSckorpioDined on 8/17/2014Every time we have visiting family or friends we take them there topically for brunch.... It is definitely the nicest place to celebrate in southern IllinoisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Legends at Walkers BlufftimetoeatDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I drove 2 hours to take 2 other couples to this restaurant for Sunday brunch because we thought is would make a great start to a day of visiting wineries in Southern Illinois. It didn't start out good from the get go. On my Open Table reservation I requested a table in a corner because of our tendency to get a little loud. The maître de did not know about it. Of course, the one table for 6 that fit that requirement was being used by three people. Then the food took one hour to be served and all of our omelets were not made right and they were cold. On the plus side, the deserts on the desert buffet were pretty good and the salad was very good. Also, the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- FoodcocoDined on 7/26/2014WE were a party of four we had drinks, appetizer and dinner.It took quite a while to get appetizer,even longer to get salad,I ordered my steak well done and it was quite pink - red I had to send it back to get it well done.After dinner we ordered dessert we all wanted the choc cake ,they were out!! So we each had something different and it was not good.Quite surprised !
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014good food however the service is bad. They make you wait too long to get your food.
- substandard visitdisappointeddinerDined on 7/24/2014The food and service did not meet the standards of previous visits, considering the $170+ amount of our check, and we did not have the "fine dining" experience we had anticipated with our special guest from Miami, FL.Special Features:
- WillDined on 7/18/2014Our waiter was AWESOME.......the restaurant was very nice, the overall service was AWESOME.....the food on the other hand wasn't what I thought it would be. You could have knocked out a window with the bread we were served, the salad was good, my steak was good but not near as good as what I can get at any local steak house, my wife had the spinach linguine with chicken, the chicken was very good but the sauce and the spinach linguine was nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- fine dining in Sou Il!,ILtravelduoDined on 7/11/2014Thanks, Legends. A welcome relief from the rest of the Southern Illinois scene. We love this place. Marvelous tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times.BoNannaDined on 7/6/2014Repeat visit. Perfect as usual. Brunch @ Legends, drinks & blues @ The Tasting Room. Wonderful ending to a long week. Will be back.Special Features:
- Slow-Slow-SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Table wasn't ready at reservation time so waited in bar. Took over 30 min to get a drink. It took a little over an hour from time seated to get our food. I think the time was unjustified. Neither the bar or restaurant was full.
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014We were there nearly three hours! When our meal was finally served, steaks had been resting so long that they were overcooked. Was starving, but sent them back, because when you pay top dollar for a steak, they should be properly cooked. Same thing happened second time. Ate the steaks and even though they were over-done, they were excellent. Filet was extremely tender and tasty. Would return if they had better service. On their behalf, it was July 5 and they had a fireworks show going on later that evening and perhaps their staff was spread too thin?Special Features:
- Anniversary partyYankeebarn1Dined on 7/5/2014We had great food and service. It was cold in the room. We wish we had eaten outside.Special Features:
- maybe my expectations were too highOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014good. not great. apps, drinks and salad were better than the main course. desert was not impressive at all. had a few different servers. all were pretty good.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Adam was a great server and the food was wonderful. We have never had a bad experience at Legends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerStampDined on 6/12/2014Nice facility good staff nice experience a little pricy on entree'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining by CarbondaleDrKateDined on 6/7/2014We have limited options for upscale restaurants in the area; this one is nice. For the price, though, I would pretty much love to see perfection. Air conditioning was on high when we arrived, and I was very uncomfortable. Next time will bring a warm sweater. It was fairly noisy. Service was good but not as attentive as top restaurants I have been to. My pasta with chicken was on the edge of too salty, but portion was very generous. Dessert was ephemeral, and the wine the waiter recommended was very good indeed. I'll go back for special occasion dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryrondaDined on 6/7/2014Had a great time ...food was excellent...alittle pricey... Great for special night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lasting impressionRomancingDined on 6/7/2014My wife and i was very pleased with our dinning experience as it was our twenty fourth wedding anniversary so we chose to try the legends and was not disappointed.We have had the privilege of dinning at many upscale establishments and found yours to be a top the list and look forward to coming back very soon.Special Features:
- Just Okay to MeOKAYDined on 5/23/2014The food and atmosphere was okay. We went for the wine ansd was unable to taste. That was disappointing to me.Special Features:
- HostOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Ambiance was beautiful. Dinning room decorated for Spring was lovely. Enjoyed the Prime Rib Brunch. Loved the quiet and soft music for easy conversation during our meal. Our company was very impressed with Walker's Bluff. Personally, the pitcher of mimosa was a nice touch. Choices for the brunch was limited but we were all able to find something we liked.Special Features:
- Graduation weekend SIUOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Restaurant setting just gorgeous. We had reservation for graduation dinner and although we had reservation, table was not ready for 15 minutes. Lots of tables were open. Not as though the place was packed. Food quality good, priced high for quality, though. Service was great. We had requested in advance a special dessert plate with our son's name and grad details. It was served flawlessly!! We had a limited graduation menu. It was not advertised. Didn't know we would have limited menu. Was looking forward to other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very busyHungrydaveDined on 5/10/2014It was graduation weekend, and they were very busy. In spite of a few service hiccups, our server (Shane) did a nice job taking very good care of us. Both the Salmon and Chicken with pasta were delicious. I appreciated that the bartender actually brought my first cocktail out to the table himself just to make sure it was satisfactory. Nice to see that kind of attention to detail. I've already selected several other entrees that I look forward to enjoying.Special Features:
- A Legend......not.NotalegendDined on 5/10/2014After being called not once, not twice, but 3 times to confirm my reservation, and told to arrive early if possible, we were 15 minutes early, and had to wait in the foyer while 2 other couples who had arrived after us were seated,[ mine was not a large party only 5 members] we were finally seated 10 min after our reservation time, only to sit for 30 min before anyone acknowledged our presence or even bring us ice water. As it was a special occasion, my birthday, and mothers day, my fiance, daughter, mother, and grandmother accompanied me to where i was sure they would be impressed and delighted. Instead we were disappointed and the only highlight was the waiter, Ken, who tried to make up for the distressing first impression we received.Special Features:
- Love the new menu offerings!DavidDined on 5/9/2014When I visit my family in the area we always go to Legends. I was very pleased to find an updated menu with a great selection of tapas. What a wonderful way to share the experience and enjoy conversation over a glass of wine and tasty tapas.Special Features:
- The following 364 reviews are from the Legends at Walkers Bluff reviews archive.
- bad servicelove2eatDined on 5/3/2014This was the worst restaurant for service and food. This was for prom and the service was very slow, our order wasn't right and the food was cold. For the price of our meal I expect more. Will not be back
- Wonderful!!Joy4usDined on 4/26/2014Our birthday celebration was a wonderful and perfect evening! We were given special attention by all, service was great, and our entries for four were all delicious, just outstanding! Thank you for giving us this wonderful evening. We did forget to mention it was the women's birthdays--don't know if you served a special dessert for this occasion. We did forget to mention this--- perhaps the waiter could have asked if it was a special occasion. Just a suggestion! Thanks again. We will be happy to dine again. JoyceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad customer servicelovegoodfood2Dined on 4/26/2014After ordering a $50 steak and biting into a lot of gristle, I asked to return it. I was met by a very defensive evening manager who did nothing to solve my problem, but let me know that this would be kitchen waste and that I was causing an issue. My problem was not taken care of and I ended up paying for a dinner I did not even eat. She even had the nerve to return to my table later and ask if I wanted some bread while the rest of my table finished their meals.Special Features:
- Great Date PlaceGypsyBreezeDined on 4/19/2014I took my husband here for a nice date night. The atmosphere was wonderful and staff was excellent. They were able to accommodate that I wanted to dine outside and the food was exquisite. Next time I will be trying the Kobe Beef.Special Features:
- BrunchfoodloverDined on 4/13/2014We had a group for the sunday brunch. The restaurant is a gem in an otherwise backwoods area. The facilities were beautiful and the service was good. What I was disappointed in was the food itself. The highlight of the meal was the wonderful salad that was chill and quite delicious. The rest of the meal was a disappointment. The omelette was greasy and I didn't even get what I had ordered. The potatoes were hard and cold. The most disappointing part of brunch was the dessert buffet. Cold hard cinnamon rolls, sliced fruit, blueberry cupcakes (looked from the local Wal-Mart), and peach pastry. We all would like to try one of the other restaurants, but agreed we would not be returning to Legends anytime soon.Special Features:
- Always have an excellent waitnekalaDined on 4/13/2014Always have an excellent wait staff and food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014I took my sister in law out here for her birthday meal and we had a great time. The service was good and the food was excellent. All around nice evening and she enjoyed herself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCherylDined on 12/28/2013The food, service, and atmosphere can't be beat Great place to go to dine or just for music and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legends at Walkers Bluff = 5 starsM1974Dined on 12/28/2013Walkers Bluff is an enjoyable place for an up-scale evening out. A place where you can have a full course relaxing meal, drinks, and a great time. Walkers Bluff itself is stately, with beautiful scenic views all around, along with other attractive venues on the grounds (Seasonal Decorations added a nice warm touch). Our dinners are consistently cooked to our liking, the wines are all so tasty, and the deserts (which you must have) are all so rich and full of flavor. Brandon is our server and he is, as always, a very attentive friendly young man. The manager takes time to ensure her patrons have a pleasurable dining experience. Legends at Walker's Bluff is a place you want to visit and you will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAITERpax747Dined on 12/27/2013The waiter acted like he didn't know what he was doing. He was late getting our food and drinks. I had to loan him a pen to take our dessert order. We were at our table for 2 1/2 hours! Everyone else had come and gone! I took my wife and sister in law, and they were very disappointed in the service. Everything else was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristmasBoojDined on 12/22/2013The decorations were gorgeous/service was excellent/food was very good too just a great overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We try to eat at Legends -AwattsDined on 12/21/2013We try to eat at Legends - but every time we take either a work group or friends, we never leave saying " great meal for the price". We have no problem spending the money, but we classify Legends in the same group as Tom's or Mary's. Which is where the problem lies. The food is always just "ok". Saturday evening my waiter convinced me my Ribeye steak was the Kobe steak I ordered - it wasn't. And the mashed potatoes were so salty, they were not eaten. We graciously ate our meal, as we had guest with us who had never been there.It is such a bummer the food continues to be not very good. But it will not stop us from visiting the Tasting Room and the concerts and family activities - just not Legends.
- GREAT FOODLUVAFILLETDined on 12/20/2013We had a terrific time. They provided great service and the food was so good. One of the best Fillet Mignon Steaks that I have ever had.They were very friendly and timely between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperiencesatisfieddinersDined on 12/20/2013We enjoyed an excellent dinner with friends at the Legends at Walker's Bluff. The New York strip steaks were very tender and well prepared. The seared salmon and bleu chicken were excellent. The waiters were very prompt and service was exceptional. The price of the menu items was reasonable for the quality of the food we were served. We plan to return to the Legends for another special occasion. We highly recommend this restaurant and the other venues at Walker's Bluff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeHappycustomerDined on 12/20/2013We dined for a girl's night out for Christmas. We had a fabulous time and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Not worth the decorationsLovesToCookDined on 12/20/2013Reservations made. Seated promptly. Waited an hour to receive a main course. One was cooked very well done (medium rare requested) and was not tasty. Other entrees just OK. Ordered coffee and desert. Waited 15 minutes for coffee. Cold. Waited another 30 minutes for dessert. Way too large. The service was ghastly. The food was mediocre. The prices were sky-high. Entree servings not up to the price. No bread. Lunch should not take over 2 hours for an entree and dessert. Didn't visit last year. Won't visit again. This place has declined beyond recognition and it was NEVER up to the rave reviews some have given it. Anyone who ever rated this restaurant over 3 stars does not know much about food. And it's gone downhill from there.Special Features: