Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
270 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.legalseafoods.com/restaurants/boston-legal-harborside-floor-2
- Phone: 6174772900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday:
5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday:
5:30pm - 11:00pm
5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Public Transit: Silver Line Way (Silver Line)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: With validation valet parking is available for $16 Monday-Friday from 7am-close and Saturday-Sunday from 11am-close. Or, with our validation, self-park at a $2/hr discount for up to 2 hours in the Park Lane Garage. The Massport parking lot at 301 Northern Avenue is available by Credit Card only starting at $4.00 for 0-1 hours, $8.00 for 1-2 hours, $14.00 for 2-3 hours, $18.00 for 3-4 hours, and $28.00 for 4+hours.
A word from Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
The second floor dining room at Legal Harborside offers a focused menu of cuisine prepared with sensible creativity for celebratory eating and private dining events. Complementing the dinner menu is an aperitif cocktail list and a unique selection of artisan wines, each produced from a specific terroir representing some of the world’s most classic regions, from family-owned vineyards. Each of the vintages is unique to Legal Harborside within Massachusetts. The design of the restaurant takes full advantage of the harbor view and is reminiscent of a ship’s dining room, with a curved rosewood ceiling and glossy black columns inspired by the mast of a ship that anchor the space. A lounge off the grand spiral staircase and two oceanfront rooms, with recessing doors for privacy, are available for special events. An intimate patio with outdoor fireplace offers dining and drinks in-season. Named a “Best New Restaurant” by Esquire, 2011.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (138)special occasion (117)romantic (76)fit for foodies (76)notable wine list (64)great for outdoor dining (62)hot spot (49)good for groups (37)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (10)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great FoodButterfly4VIPDined on 10/19/2014Interesting cocktails and great food and wine. Beautiful view of the harbour at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodLkirkpatDined on 10/16/2014The food was very good but very expected, nothing superior. The bread selection they offer wasn't the best, again very typical. The view and the service was remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for a business meetingHoneymoonerDined on 10/9/2014Service was yop notch, while the ambiance was not only scenic but also romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014A wonderful night of great food and wine with a spectacular view. The staff were friendly and attentive to all of our needs and the setting was perfect. We were a party of four but you could definitely have a quiet, romantic dinner for two or host a larger group here. We will be visiting this spot again on our next trip to Boston.Special Features:
- Great seafood and top-notch servicemsd4946Dined on 10/2/2014Big windows open onto Boston Harbor. My wife and I enjoyed watching the sun set as our meal progressed. Our waiter was excellent, helping us make good food and beverage choices that matched our interests and palates. The service staff was attentive without being intrusive. We made early reservations as we had been traveling all day. Reservations are required, I believe, and with good reason. The restaurant was full by the time we left.Special Features:
- A true findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/24/2014We were expecting great seafood while in Boston and Legal Seafood didn't dissappoint. Excellent service coupled with fine food made for a fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsDebbo60Dined on 9/23/2014This restaurant is a breed apart in every way. Incredible view. Food not only tastes delicious with right mix of tastes and presentation, but it also is unique. Staff is friendly and responsive. Our 30th anniversary was made more special as a result.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Fantastic service, when we complimented the food they brought out the chef to talk to us....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lov2DineDined on 9/19/2014First we had to wait 40minutes for a table. The food while delicious was cold. I went to the Legal Test Kitchen the night before for a better experience. If you have to choose between Legals, skip this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KateKateDined on 9/19/2014Both presentation AND taste of entree's were outstanding! The Sword Chop was without a doubt the best tasting swordfish I have ever eaten! Salads and main courses were exceptional (desserts were not as impressive though).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Top-Notch Seafood ExperienceextraspecialbitterDined on 9/18/2014My wife and I have been to other Legal Seafood locations, but Legal Harborside is in a class by itself. Our meals were exquisitely prepared, from my wife's Swordfish Chop (a swordfish steak with the bone in) to my Yellowfin Tuna (seared on the outside and rare on the inside). It's quite pricey, but definitely on our short list for those special occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014View great, food and service excellent. Much too noisy the night we were there. Had trouble hearing the waiter and our dining companionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a surprise birthday dinnerbaznetDined on 9/16/2014I went with some coworkers and called in advance that day to request that two desserts be brought out in the end as a surprise since they were both having birthdays that week. I had two calls with the restaurant that day and when we sat down there was a card wishing a happy b-day and the waiter wished them a happy birthday and spoiled the surprise. At the end they only wrote happy birthday on one dessert. That said, while the birthday element of the dinner was ruined, I'm guessing they tried to make up for it by bringing complimentary appetizers and graciously accommodated my coworker's gluten allergy. The food was DIVINE and the waiter attentive and knowledgeable. Overall a wonderful experience. Just don't ask for anything special I guess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad night for the kitchenLarryDined on 9/15/2014We love this place, and this evening started very good. Just before serving the entree course, it appears things totally fell apart in the kitchen. After waiting for a long time, food arrived cold etc. A real disaster, that the floor staff did their best to rectify. A substantial adjustment was made in our check. Perhaps it was a Monday night problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moms bdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014My mom was very pleased and I really appreciated the courtesy of the management and hostess although we had to get the attention of our waiter a couple of times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time with a Special FriendstuBDined on 9/13/2014Was first time for both of us. Even though it rained that evening the view was very good at our window booth. The staff was very patient and accommodating as this was a romantic evening for both of us. We felt unrushed the staff went out of there way on a few special requests and we were very grateful and rewarding. The scallop presentation was pleasing to the eye and pallet. We will return for romance # 2.Special Features:
- Friends' dinnerBufGroveFellowDined on 9/6/2014Friends for decades met in Boston and had our celebratory dinner at Legal Seafood Harborside. The wine list was extensive and the appetizers fantastic. All of us grew up in Florida so we know seafood and this exceeded expectations. The highlight was those that ordered the sword chop - a unique piece of swordfish from the shoulder to fin. Scallops were good, salmon done right and the one filet was solid. The server suffered through our bantering but enhanced our overall experience. Later we went upstairs to the bar level which was a nice place for drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed the food. My only problem is after scheduling my table by calling repeatedly 2 times being put on hold, went through open table to book, I was still kept waiting at the bar before getting a table.Thankfully we ordered some frinks to keep us engaged. But we waited for almost 20~30 mins, i have to ask my partner go 3 times to reception area to get an update on our seating. He got totally annoyed on me. But once i was at table, experience was great. The manager came and apologized too. Enjoyed the food and high end service. We only go to high end restaurants and I totally loved it. even the valet parking was cheap only $16. I'll again and and recommend it to othersSpecial Features:
- AllergiesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Very accommodating! We wanted to be animal free (vegan) but with Fish. Modifications were made. Perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great attention to detailRaditzDined on 9/4/2014My wife on I celebrated our wedding anniversary on their 2nd floor patio and we couldn't be more pleased. The food was on par with the prices and it felt upscale and refined. The service was the standout though, they left us a card on our table wishing us a happy anniversary, the waiter was aware of the event, and then recomended good wine pairings for our meal. Finally they gave us dessert as a gift. Loved it. I would go back their for another special event. P.S. We ate outside and the view was nice, but the sound from the spped boats docked below and the 3rd floor club music made it hard to hear well. I didn't feel uncomfortable though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost great - but good overallWantstobeimpressedDined on 9/2/2014Been here several times - I entertain clients here occasionally. Used to be a knock out - very knowledgeable staff, a tasting menu that was exceptional, wine pairing - add in the view and that made this one of the top restaurants in Boston and certainly the hippest at that time. But my latest visit was a big disappointment. The lack of a tasting menu changed the impression of the prowess of the chef. The waitress was totally unknowledgeable about the wine or even the beer. Did not know pinot grigio and pinot gris were the same and embarrassingly corrected me and then delivered something else anyway. The waitress did not know beers either and we ended up some wrong choices as a result. My clients enjoyed themselves but not knocked out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazing but...Hmh238VIPDined on 9/1/2014...service was very slow at times. Took over 25 minutes from the time we ordered dessert to being served it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014My partner and i had an outstanding meal a Legal Harborside on Sunday the 31.8.2014. The food was truly memorable and well presented and the staff were considerate and attentive. In terms of price, it is not cheap, but given the quality of the food and its presentation, I felt we received excellent value taking those standards into consideration. The wine list is outstanding, not necessarily in terms of selection, but the way it is presented with information on each wine and wine maker, make excellent for someone who is not familiar with local or regional wines. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and stressfulPtressDined on 8/31/2014Service was very inconsistent. We all observed that servers were stressed and it seemed to be rooted in floor managers.Special Features:
- Legal's Harborside - Floor 2liketoeatDined on 8/31/2014A super dining experience. Food was fantastic (even for the non-seafood eater with us), service was truly impeccable, and the view and atmosphere were great.Special Features:
- AmazingfoodieDined on 8/31/2014This place is perfect. It offers regular dining, fine dining, and a late night atmosphere all in one with an incredible view from each floor. We come back here every time we are in town. The staff is incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. We were greeted by Raphael who treats us like family every time, we met Guy who was very professional and walked us up to the 3rd floor after dinner to enjoy some cocktails and we were served by Guillermo on the 2nd floor who is absolutely at the top of his game.Special Features:
- Not our best experience hereDonnaLDined on 8/30/2014Having dined here previously, I'm sad to say that our experience this time was not up to expectations. We were seated at a great outside table about 15 minutes early for our reservation. Unfortunately, we felt that the food service was rushed. Our appetizer course was on the table very quickly and our entrees were served almost immediately on top of them. In fact, they were served before our wine ever arrived at the table resulting in our canceling the bottle. Our "fine dining" experience was almost over 30 minutes after the time our original reservation was for. So much for a night out! The food was also a bit on the salty side. We love the ambiance, especially for outdoor dining but won't rush back. Hopefully, just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissatisfiedMak58VIPDined on 8/29/2014We were placed in a very noisy part of the restaurant on the second floor and could barely hear ourselves talk. With a limited seafood menu one would assume that they are really good at what they cook. This is far from the truth. My daughter's grilled octopus was slimy and undercooked and she returned it. My wife ordered fluke which had a strong barbecue type sauce that would have been appropriate for ribs. My abalone was tough and tasted like chicken. The service was non-attentive for the most part. We were very disappointed overall and I would not recommend this restaurant if you want a descent seafood dinner. There are plenty of great seafood restaurants in Boston but this is not one of them.Special Features:
- Overall quite nicePixie62Dined on 8/25/2014Portions could have been a bit more generous, but the quality of the food was excellent. Noise from the first floor was frequently noticeable, but conversation was manageable. View of the harbor was unsurpassed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014Really felt rushed. We were in and out in little over an hour.
- LmpnurseLmpnurseDined on 8/20/2014Wish I could have ordered from any menu. . . . Wanted a lobster roll, and it wasn't on the 2nd floor menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special night outKristaDDined on 8/17/2014What do three Moms do as their teenage daughters attend a concert at Bank of America Pavilion? Have a delicious dinner overlooking the harbor of course! Our cocktail and wine selections were perfect and led into unique salads from a seasonable panzanella to a watermelon bacon combination. We enjoyed the scallops with pork belly and finished it off with the warm blueberry tart and chocolate mousse. Our server Katy was so warm and knowledgeable. She didn't rush us and answered every question.Special Features:
- Good food, off serviceSl617Dined on 8/16/2014Food was delicious, wine selections were nice but the service was slow and off pace. It took over 1hour to get our oysters...we suspected the waiter forgot to put the order in at first, it wasn't until we inquired ~1hr later that the oysters came right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-Notch ServiceDarylVIPDined on 8/16/2014The Legal's franchise has become so pervasive that it can be hard to find variation between their restaurants. The 2nd floor at Harborside does offer more refined dishes, though the creativity and boldness I was expecting was lacking a bit. (Except for the scallops ... A truly amazing preparation with the peach mostarda.) Our server, Jack, was spectacular, and really made the night memorable, including some great wine recommendations based on the diverse palettes among our large group. The food gets 3 stars because the price for what you get isn't quite aligned, especially given the large number of quality seafood restaurants in the Boston area.Special Features:
- Superb; unique menuLuv2DineDined on 8/15/2014Definitely a "high-end Legal Seafood". only for dinner; don't open till 5:30. Fabulous bread basket with unusual variety of breads; comes with butter & olive oil. Fresh fish beautifully prepared and presented, as you'd expect from Legals. My friends and I have gone back several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent (but too noisy)HonestDinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Legal Harborside has great food, an awesome view, very good service, great ambiance. Would be 5-star perfect if not for the very, very poor sound design. It just takes a couple of loudmouths to turn the whole restaurant into a madhouse of screams and "oh-my-gosh" at 140 dB. If your palate is fine and your hearing... not so much, it's perfect. If not, go after 9pm on Monday. You will be very glad you did.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate a birthdaysweetsixteencelebrationDined on 8/12/2014Celebrated my daughter's sweet sixteenth birthday. The service and special attention we received was fantastic. This was a very memorable night for the whole family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- legal harborside floor 2zaknolenDined on 8/11/2014Harborside floor 2 exceeds expectations yet again. We were celebrating my sister leaving for college and dinner couldn't have been better. The view, the food and wine are the best around by far. The staff was very kind and the service was impeccable as always. We dine here frequently and look forward to many great dining experiences in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luscious food and viewBillMcDined on 8/11/2014You can't beat the view over the harbor as the sun sets. The scallops and pork belly were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a big groupBsadlerDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant was very accommodating for our big group I friends. They were very patient while everyone took their time ordering. They never rushed us and were very attentive without hovering. The food was pretty good. I'd love to go back sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.