Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
270 Northern Ave
Boston, MA 02210Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.legalseafoods.com/restaurants/boston-legal-harborside-floor-2
- Phone: 6174772900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday:
5:30pm - 10:30pm
Friday - Saturday:
5:30pm - 11:00pm
4:00pm - 10:00pm (lounge opens at 4:00pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Public Transit: Silver Line Way (Silver Line)
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: With validation valet parking is available for $16 Monday-Friday from 7am-close and Saturday-Sunday from 11am-close. Or, with our validation, self-park at a $2/hr discount for up to 2 hours in the Park Lane Garage. The Massport parking lot at 301 Northern Avenue is available by Credit Card only starting at $4.00 for 0-1 hours, $8.00 for 1-2 hours, $14.00 for 2-3 hours, $18.00 for 3-4 hours, and $28.00 for 4+hours.
A word from Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room
The second floor dining room at Legal Harborside offers a focused menu of cuisine prepared with sensible creativity for celebratory eating and private dining events. Complementing the dinner menu is an aperitif cocktail list and a unique selection of artisan wines, each produced from a specific terroir representing some of the world’s most classic regions, from family-owned vineyards. Each of the vintages is unique to Legal Harborside within Massachusetts. The design of the restaurant takes full advantage of the harbor view and is reminiscent of a ship’s dining room, with a curved rosewood ceiling and glossy black columns inspired by the mast of a ship that anchor the space. A lounge off the grand spiral staircase and two oceanfront rooms, with recessing doors for privacy, are available for special events. An intimate patio with outdoor fireplace offers dining and drinks in-season. Named a “Best New Restaurant” by Esquire, 2011.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room - Best Restaurants in Seaport ›
Legal Harborside – Floor 2 Dining Room reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (146)special occasion (119)romantic (81)fit for foodies (74)great for outdoor dining (69)notable wine list (62)hot spot (43)vibrant bar scene (42)good for groups (32)late-night find (14)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)Show More
- LmpnurseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Wish I could have ordered from any menu. . . . Wanted a lobster roll, and it wasn't on the 2nd floor menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special night outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014What do three Moms do as their teenage daughters attend a concert at Bank of America Pavilion? Have a delicious dinner overlooking the harbor of course! Our cocktail and wine selections were perfect and led into unique salads from a seasonable panzanella to a watermelon bacon combination. We enjoyed the scallops with pork belly and finished it off with the warm blueberry tart and chocolate mousse. Our server Katy was so warm and knowledgeable. She didn't rush us and answered every question.Special Features:
- Good food, off serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Food was delicious, wine selections were nice but the service was slow and off pace. It took over 1hour to get our oysters...we suspected the waiter forgot to put the order in at first, it wasn't until we inquired ~1hr later that the oysters came right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-Notch ServiceDarylVIPDined on 8/16/2014The Legal's franchise has become so pervasive that it can be hard to find variation between their restaurants. The 2nd floor at Harborside does offer more refined dishes, though the creativity and boldness I was expecting was lacking a bit. (Except for the scallops ... A truly amazing preparation with the peach mostarda.) Our server, Jack, was spectacular, and really made the night memorable, including some great wine recommendations based on the diverse palettes among our large group. The food gets 3 stars because the price for what you get isn't quite aligned, especially given the large number of quality seafood restaurants in the Boston area.Special Features:
- Superb; unique menuLuv2DineDined on 8/15/2014Definitely a "high-end Legal Seafood". only for dinner; don't open till 5:30. Fabulous bread basket with unusual variety of breads; comes with butter & olive oil. Fresh fish beautifully prepared and presented, as you'd expect from Legals. My friends and I have gone back several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent (but too noisy)HonestDinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Legal Harborside has great food, an awesome view, very good service, great ambiance. Would be 5-star perfect if not for the very, very poor sound design. It just takes a couple of loudmouths to turn the whole restaurant into a madhouse of screams and "oh-my-gosh" at 140 dB. If your palate is fine and your hearing... not so much, it's perfect. If not, go after 9pm on Monday. You will be very glad you did.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate a birthdaysweetsixteencelebrationDined on 8/12/2014Celebrated my daughter's sweet sixteenth birthday. The service and special attention we received was fantastic. This was a very memorable night for the whole family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- legal harborside floor 2zaknolenDined on 8/11/2014Harborside floor 2 exceeds expectations yet again. We were celebrating my sister leaving for college and dinner couldn't have been better. The view, the food and wine are the best around by far. The staff was very kind and the service was impeccable as always. We dine here frequently and look forward to many great dining experiences in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luscious food and viewBillMcDined on 8/11/2014You can't beat the view over the harbor as the sun sets. The scallops and pork belly were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a big groupBsadlerDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant was very accommodating for our big group I friends. They were very patient while everyone took their time ordering. They never rushed us and were very attentive without hovering. The food was pretty good. I'd love to go back sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DRM1310DRM1310Dined on 8/8/2014This is a great place. It is very big, but the food was prepared with care. Sit outside or next to a window for a great view.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableDatenightersVIPDined on 8/3/2014Food was very good, service was acceptable but could have been better.Special Features:
- Surprisingly amazing food!SurprisedDined on 8/3/2014I say surprising because the menu was not very interesting. Not sure exactly why except that maybe we didn't know what the things meant. We spent alot of time asking around the table and the waiter what each item was. Not one item we ordered disappointed us though. Everyone was thrilled and walked away extremely pleased. As an addition, the salmon was amazing. The layers of the dish went perfectly together. I loved it. Also, my son loved his salmon from the kids menu. Kids menu had some nice non typical kid choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christineb311VIPDined on 8/1/2014I was dining here to celebrate a graduation. We got a great seat by the window and a hand-written card from the staff congratulating us! Great accomodations and the food was fantastic!Special Features:
- Much more than we expected!KristancbDined on 8/1/2014Everything was excellent, the food, the service and the amazing view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful evening on the harborKayakerinmeDined on 8/1/2014We had a wonderful evening with terrific food. The harbor side seat gave a full view of the boats that kept us entertained. We will be back...Special Features:
- Not what we expected...JoefromBeverlyDined on 7/30/2014From one of our favorite seafood chains. Service was very slow. My drink was empty for at least 10 mins every time. We ordered a $100 bottle of champagne We got seated 15 minutes after my reservation. Food portions were tiny for the price. My wife and I still love Legal Seafood's, but won't do the second floor at the seaport ever again. Waste of money.Special Features:
- ExcellentDpat38VIPDined on 7/22/2014First time on the 2nd floor - sat outside and the view was fantastic. Perfect night. Outstanding service. Servings were small - especially considering the pricing which is premium.Special Features:
- Experience was worthwhileMACSRDined on 7/22/2014I wanted to check out the new restaurant on the former location of Jimmy's Harborside, a longtime family favorite place to dine when in Boston. I was not disappointed at all. Limited menu: swordfish not listed but was accommodated with the selection by the chef. It was excellent. Service was top notch and very friendly. The view of Boston Harbor was spectacular at dusk. A bit noisy and crowded for a Tuesday night, along with a harried and somewhat unpleasant bartender on the 2nd floor, but all in all quite good. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- NOT Legal Sea FoodsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014We planned a special weekend in Boston and had such pleasant memories of Jimmy's Harborside, we decided to try Legal Sea Foods-Harborside. We like Legal Sea Foods. This restaurant should have a totally different name. The menu had no resemblance to LSF. Not even clam chowder! Instead, things that you'd expect in a restaurant offering dishes you cant get anywhere else. The waiter was very nice and attentive and recommended the fluke. It was fine, although layered on vegetables and potatoes that no one at our table recognized. the shrimp cocktail had the largest shrimp I've ever seen. So big, they were not very appetizing! And all for $200 for three people, without drinks.Special Features:
- Good view good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014A little more expensive than a casual night out but not bad, and the food was absolutely delicious. We sat outside and had a lovely view of the harbor. Fresh fish, an innovative menu, and a great time had by all.Special Features:
- Waiter good, Management TerribleVeryDisappointedDined on 7/19/2014For a tab of $800 for 10, communications about menu items that ran out, and long wait for preparation of new garnishments for main courses was poor! Since this is a multi-floor restaurant, liquor stocks on 2nd floor were depleted, and wait for additional rounds of drinks took longer than 30 min each. Excuse was, bartender had to go upstairs to get liquor. The tab would have normally been much larger for this party of ten. We were only served two rounds of liquor for the entire evening. We were seated for over 2 hours before our meal came out, and we didn't leave the restaurant until after midnight. Management gave us free desert for the table to try to make up for the issues. This was not a problem of being too busy, many tables were empty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Excellent food, atmosphere and service! I will do all of my business entertaining in your wonderful establishment whenever in Boston!Special Features:
- great service!!m4momDined on 7/12/2014I think it's really weird that this review has a minimum number of characters! Service was great. Food was great. View was great! Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Oh what a night!!KnowmyfoodDined on 7/12/2014What else can you say about a restaurant that does everything so well? The staff from the front of the house to the table (fantastic harbor view) were friendly, helpful and professional. Dinner entrees were much more varied than any other seafood venue I've ever visited. I can't wait to head back there with a bunch of friends so they can get a taste of a great dining night out too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for our anniversary!keylimekidDined on 7/12/2014Legal Harborside is terrific because it has something for everyone: 1st floor for casual & kids dining; 2nd floor for quieter, more upscale dining; and rooftop deck for mingling and bar scene. The view of the harbor was amazing from all 3 floors. The staff made us feel special for our anniversary night and surprised us with a lovely complimentary dessert.Special Features:
- Not what expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014My friend and I wanted to hit this place before our concert. We "thought" this patio was the casual patio and quickly found out it was not. Unfortunately, they were unable to accommodate a patio to the more casual patio. The menu for this location was very small....not a lot of choices. I will not be dining here again.Special Features:
- Good business dinnerBundrDined on 7/8/2014We had a dinner here with some new partners for our business. Overall it was great, but the noise level was a bit loud which made it a bit of a challenge. But the food and wine were fantastic.Special Features:
- Romantic Dinner!Cindy328VIPDined on 7/6/2014Wonderful service and delicious food! An expensive place with a limited menu, but we enjoyed it! Our server, Jack, was extremely professional and answered all our questions about the wine list - even gave us a few tastings to help us decide!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legal Harborside - ExcellentJBinHPDined on 7/6/2014Special Occasion - birthday dinner. Requested window seating - we had a great view of harbor. The servers were attentive and not intrusive. He answered all questions about the dinner offerings and made good suggestions when requested. Drinks were well done.... Meals were perfect. We requested minor changes for dietary needs, they were done flawlessly. At the end of dinner, server realized it was a birthday celebration, so kitchen put together a small complimentary Happy Birthday dessert plate. :)Special Features:
- Portions too largemellenVIPDined on 7/5/2014We went after attending Cirque du Soleil. It was a perfect summer evening and we were seated outside on the terrace - a lovely way to spend a warm summer evening. The service was excellent: friendly, attentive, knowledgeable. The food was just ok: the portions were enormous and there was just too much going on in each dish. I had the grilled octopus to start: there must have half a pound of octopus! My husband had the spring pea soup with scallops which would have been good on its own, but there were two huge pieces of pork belly which overwhelmed both the pea soup and the scallops. The mains were similarly over the top: too many ingredients competing and way too much food. It's a great location, food needs fine tuning!Special Features:
- Beautiful view....SEfoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014The fish was fresh (as you would expect at Legal), the service satisfactory, and the view amazing, but the overall experience left us feeling rather "meh". There are more exceptional dining spots in Boston in this $40+ entree category. You are paying a premium for the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensive...RobertoDined on 7/3/2014The oysters were excellent but the fish was average and the portions too small. The sides were very good however, and the service and wine were top notch. However, the entrees were just not excellent enough to justify the staggering pricetag at this upscale iteration of Legal Seafoods.Special Features:
- outdoorsjackVIPDined on 7/2/2014We sat outdoors on a hot night and it was great. The food was great. There were 4 of us and it took 3 hours to serve but we were in no rush. Problems with the valet. Don't park there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality diningDigDineDined on 6/30/2014A thoroughly enjoyable dining experience. Great service coupled with excellent food and ambiance. Ate on the deck outside with a very nice view of the harbor on a warm, quiet evening. Food quality was superior (as always at Legal), though a bit expensive. Seems like the flagship for the chain with a slightly different menu. Would recommend for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- Pricey, but you won't regret itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014It is a classy restaurant that comes with a classy price; but, when you see the owner walking around making sure everything is done right, you know you are in good hands. This restaurant was featured in a show, I was impressed by how they operate, and seeing it in person tells me they weren't making things up. The Clam Chowder may not make it on their menu, but it is likely that it is available, and saying "it is good" is an extreme understatement. I noted in my booking that it is my wife's birthday, and they paid attention to that note, and from the get go, they wished my wife a "Happy Birthday", and artfully prepared her dessert. I was so happy that my wife was impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014This is a beautiful setting for a restaurant. The entrees were a bit odd - my food was not hot. Service was slow and somewhat snooty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who new?MarkfromBostonDined on 6/28/2014Great atmosphere and fantastic service. The food was perfect and the view is great. This is not the Legal that you think it is. It's a great addition to the Boston restaurant scene.Special Features:
- Avoid.RonaldoVIPDined on 6/28/2014We found the experience at the second floor of Legal Harborside to be humiliating and embarrassing. My friend and dining companion, in her late 20s, is very young-looking but clearly an adult. She was challenged to produce a photo ID before she would be served a glass of wine, something that had never happened in any other restaurant in Boston. She did not have her purse with her, since we were going to a show nearby afterwards, but had an image of her driver's license stored on her iPhone. They would not accept this and said the physical document had to be produced. As I left, I told the officious manager on duty that we were sorry to have troubled them and that this wouldn't happen again--since we had no intention of ever returning.
- HuskyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Great evening and Katie our server was great Menu choices and food quality were outstanding and we will visit again in near futureSpecial Features: