558 Washington St
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.legalseafoods.com/restaurants/boston-legal-crossing
- Phone: 6176928888x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Wheelchair Access
- Public Transit: Orange/Red Line: Downtown Crossing Station
Green Line: Boylston Station
Orange Line: Chinatown Station
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Our validation will net you savings at the Lafayette Garage across the street at 1 Avenue de Lafayette. Weekdays before 4pm, get a $2/hour discounted rate for up to two hours. Or park for $12 on weekdays after 4pm and all day on weekends.
A word from Legal Crossing
Legal Crossing is an urban neighborhood restaurant inspired by the vibrancy of Downtown Crossing, then and now. It's a cross between all of the Legal Sea Foods concepts, evolved into a new, singular experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Legal Crossing - Best Restaurants in Downtown Crossing ›
Legal Crossing reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (48)great for lunch (47)special occasion (43)hot spot (41)notable wine list (41)vibrant bar scene (38)late-night find (29)romantic (23)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014excellent food and ambiance before the show The seafood is up to typical Legal standardsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/16/2014Our lunch was served quickly and the food was great. The server was friendly and reccomended great options. I will be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new addition to Downtown XmisheybosVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had a great meal at Legal Crossing. We are fans of Legal Seafood and we have been meaning to try this new location. The ambiance is decidedly more chic than other Legal Seafood locations. The menu is slightly different than a typical Legal Seafood ... but the options will not disappoint!Special Features:
- OK - but not the bestMJSLenoxDined on 9/13/2014Had a pretty good dinner here. Wasn't the best Legal Seafoods experience - but the food was mostly good (though our risotto was undercooked) and the service was friendly but not terribly efficient (appetizer plates not cleared before entrees arrived, no water service etc). Very good looking restaurant - and convenient location. Not sure if I could recommend this to a friend, however.Special Features:
- very goodNickVIPDined on 9/13/2014excellent food, excellent location for theater. Very impressive wine list. Had sockeye salmon special. Waiter was a bit too stuffy, constantly using the irritating phrase "are we done? "are we pleased with..." There is no "we" here- just ask us directly. You are not part of the dinner table.Special Features:
- wb75Dined on 9/11/2014I have dined and left a review before for legal crossing but the service keeps on making my night special. I am a retired FDNY firefighter and the entire staff made me feel welcome and comfortable on a difficult day. A big thanks to the manager and server for making a memorable night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet downtown!MalloryVIPDined on 9/8/2014I met a colleague here for drinks and appetizers and it was the perfect spot. Great ambience, feels very high end for being so close to downtown crossing. The service was wonderful and kept checking in on me while I was waiting for my colleague to arrive- but I never felt pressured to order before they got there. Drinks and food were delicious and unique from other Legal locations! Definitely try the oysters!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/8/2014Superior service from the bartenders! I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the people in this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/7/2014Legal Crossing offers a good meal. The oyster appetizer paired with three sorbets was excellent. Beet salad wad very nice. Several fish entrees offered as simply prepared and I had the scallops. Nicely prepared, not over-cooked. The place was empty on a Sunday night. Great people watching when seated by the window onto the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood sourceSusantDined on 9/7/2014Great source for fantastic seafood. Actually is a chain restaurant but has the feel of a local neighborhood place. Also have late night hours for after theater dining and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/6/2014The experience couldn't have been better. The service was outgoing and fun but not intrusive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DTX's welcome addition!melodyrose1Dined on 9/3/2014Fabulous food, wonderful service, a great addition to Downtown Crossing- or now known as, Legal Crossing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tremendous service and foodwb75Dined on 9/2/2014I recently moved to the neighborhood, I was overwhelmed with friendly and attentive service by Heather. She recommended we share some of the signature apps. They were all delicious. Thank you! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in the theatre districtSmh1018Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great and it is nice to see a solid restaurant in this area of town. The cocktail menu, however, does leave something to be desired, as instead of listing the ingredients in the drink, they chose to add "funny" one-liners which did nothing to aid in our understanding of the drinks. We went with wine instead, and thoroughly enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to eatRacnDocDined on 8/29/2014There were a number of interesting choices on the menu but we chose the seared scallops with beef shank ragout, hazelnut romesco, parsnip purée and charred brocolino and the simply LX seared scallops with charred brocolino and arugula risotto. There were both excellent; the scallops were sweet and tender, and the brocolino was wonderful. We were greeted by the general manager Reggie Dias and he ensured we were happy with our meal and even gave us our dessert (an unforgettable Chocolate Torta) gratis. It was a truly excellent meal with wonderful service. I would highly recommend Legal Crossing for a special treat or any day you want an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/24/2014Outstanding experience! We were there for a birthday celebration and the manager Nick brought us a complimentary dessert with a card signed by the staff! What a nice touch! Service was great and so was the food. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014My first time trying Legal Crossing and I was not that impressed. Service started off great and then the waitress disappeared. We sat with dessert menus in front of us for nearly 30 minutes. Good thing the company was good because the service was not.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/21/2014Legal Crossing was classy and modern. The server was friendly and knowledgeable and the food was great and creative. Thank you for the great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Legal CrossingDivaDebDined on 8/19/2014Enjoyed the Seafood Cobb Salad. Would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a salad with a variety of seafood. Service was good and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clams need to be washed out!tastybudsDined on 8/16/2014My 3 clam and pasta dish had salt soaked calms both in the shell and larger ones in the dish. Sent it back and the next 1 came out with same overly salted calms and I like salt yet his was overwhelming. For a fish based restaurant, this seemed unbelievable they won't have tested them before sending them out a second time. I couldn't eat more than the 1st few and even that gave me a salt head ache and upset my stomach shortly after. The pasta itself was very tasty. All the other 3 parties at my table enjoyed their dishes. Their dishes seemed a bit pricey for what they got.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/14/2014Service was great and attentive! The food was amazing! Loved everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try the bang bang cauliflower!StewieDined on 8/11/2014This was my first time at this restaurant, I brought some clients there because one of them was in the mood for seafood. We had a party of 6 and had our choice of sitting inside or outside, so we got a nice comfortable booth inside. The bang bang cauliflower was so good! I recommend that. It was exactly like sweet and sour chicken that you get from chinese food places, but it was cauliflower inside instead of chicken. I also had the lobster roll and it was amazing. Exactly how i like it: Lots of big chunks of lobster meat, no fillers and not too much mayo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummmm!JaneVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had oysters which were perfection, the classic wedge salad with this fantastic non-traditional green goddess dressing to die for and the lobster chowder...all outstanding. The hostess and the waitress were both great. Cool, sexy, darkly-lit vibe, although sitting by the window or outside offered a brighter option. Great for the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Food fabulous - service horrible!SouthieDinerDined on 8/8/2014Ten people at the bar - 4 servers could not handle it. Lots of empty glasses while servers chatted. Wrong meal delivered, had to start over. Asked twice for dessert menu; gave up after 20 minutes of waiting. Asked server for bill, and she literally tossed the paper across the table. It was the drink bill and we had eaten, so asked for total bill. Her response a flippant "well what did you eat." She may want to find a job that doesn't involve serving people. Food fabulous - but too bad because we're in no hurry to go back. Great dessert & exceptional service found at the Ritz. Conversation at bar about poor service at Legal X so it wasn't just us. Legal of any kind is usually quite good, but not this place. Similar reviews elsewhere.Special Features:
- Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Menu is pricey but worth every cent. Some of the same appetizers are available as at other Legals but this experience is completely different. My friend and I loved the raw and fried oysters, calamari is to die for (you will forget about the fried calamari goodness at the other legals) and even after we filled up on appetizers, the bartender wouldn't let us leave without trying the campfire s'mores. Never seen anything like them. Can't wait for my next visit to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dessertzorroVIPDined on 8/4/2014Food was ok, I ordered the lobster (most expensive item). Watiress did not mention or offer dessert. I had dessert at another restaurant. I don't plan to return anytime soon
- AMFSeptVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had a family dinner at Legal Crossing, 7 adults and 2 children, and the waitstaff, food and ambiance was excellent. They provided the children with crayons while the adults ordered cocktails and appetizers. Our dinners were served hot and to perfection; the desserts were scrumptious and very unique. We really enjoyed it and will come back to Legal Crossing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatclairee8VIPDined on 8/2/2014We chose this place over a lot of other places because there were some good reviews. We were disappointed. There was little ambiance. Music you can hear would be nice (it was barely noticeable), candles at the table for some ambiance? white table cloths? Turn the TV's off, its not a sports bar...or is it? One of our meat dishes arrived cold. Not warm. Cold. The manager came over and apologized, took it off our bill and paid for dessert - this was nice and we appreciated it. Sadly, the fire alarm went off during dinner which was accompanied by a warning to leave the building by an auto voice. The bar staff ignored it and us and only the manager explained after 5-10 minutes. I liked her. The venue has potential, but is not fully executed.
- Nice scene & locationBeaconHillionDined on 8/2/2014Leg all's has always been reliable for fresh fish and healthy options. Legal Crossing has upped the game, offering a hip vibe in an area much needing a group/booth oriented place to grab a bite in a somewhat dressy environment. The problem is the staff are too casual by far - too familiar and laid back for the price points, and the menu lacks coherence. The atmosphere is wonderful and is a great place for a conversation so I do hope the place can tighten up its standards to it's glossy look and stellar Legal reputation.Special Features:
- Food Great/Service at Bar TerribleReluctantculinarycriticDined on 8/2/2014Saturday night. The bar was busy. Three bartenders and a bar back passed my friend and me without offering us service. After 8-12 minutes, a bartender (the bar manager) brought us our drinks. My friend an I decided to have our food and drinks at the bar. Well, things went from bad to worse. The only service person who seemed to be ever-present was the bar back. He was very helpful! He bugged the real bartenders (of which their were only two now) to serve us our drinks. We had to ask (beg) the bar back for our setups. We had asked that our food be brought out all at once. My friends entree came out first and 10-15 minutes later we had to ask the bar back to ask the bartender to ask after the rest of our food our food in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Still prefer old Legal Sea FoodsmagnetoDined on 8/2/2014Legal Crossing is good, but I still prefer the regular Legal Sea Food restaurants. I think they're trying too hard to make their food special, and it ends up being a little over-rich. That said, I like it overall, and it's interesting to see them trying to do something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItTorontoGuyDined on 7/30/2014My colleague and I were in Boston looking for a good seafood restaurant. We stumbled across this place online and decided to try it. Very good decision on our part. The food was esquisite. The price was very reasonable and the ambience was wonderful. It was on a Wednesday afternoon so it wasn't too busy or crowded which was just what we needed. Loved it!Special Features:
- murphymurphyVIPDined on 7/30/2014This new legal was a very enjoyable experience. It is dark on the inside and has outdoor dining The staff was attentive and professional. The baked cod and trout we ordered was very good. We shared a caprese which was little short on the mozzarella for the price. All in all a nice evening in an area the is up and coming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre TheaterJoLaDined on 7/30/2014The location right opposite the Paramount and the Modern make LX a perfect spot for pre theater dinners. Good food, pleasant atmosphere. Not too noisy if you sit away from the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Legal in Chinatown areaPaulRVIPDined on 7/23/2014This is a convenient spot to the convention center, and great for a business dinner with younger execs. It's fairly hip, but not too loud or obnoxious, so you can get a deal done here.Special Features:
- Not your typical Boston Legal venueItalianismyfavVIPDined on 7/23/2014I wanted to try this restaurant because of how great Legal Harborside is. This venue is small, dark, and has a much different feel than the others in the Boston area. I wouldn't return, just given the other options. The food, however, was just as good as any of the other locations.Special Features:
- It was just okay.DuaneDined on 7/19/2014I had higher hopes for Legal's new restaurant. There was nothing bad about the experience, it was just average. The drink menu was interesting, our whiskey drinks were delicious. The food menu was a bit odd, like they're trying too hard to be trendy. The food was average, not bad, not great. For the price we paid I won't be going back. Many other options in that part of the city with much better food for the price.
- Food was greatJBGuinnessDined on 7/19/2014I had a pan seared drum and my wife a broiled scallop dish. The food was superb as expected. The ambiance and service was fine but lackluster. A great meal was what we wanted so in all it was a great visit!Special Features:
- great find for usLoveCfoodDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I decided to try one of the latest spin offs from Legal Seafoods, Legal X. The restaurant is subdued in blacks, and browns with subtle amber colored lights, which makes for a beautiful atmosphere. I had the scallops with beef brisket and parsnip puree, and my husband had trout almondine. Both were excellent, in addition to being beautifully presented. Scallops over beef sounded a bit unusual, but the waiter assured me that it was delicious and different. I took a chance on it and was glad I did. In addition to excellent food, the service was great too. Our waitress was very accommodating and answered our questions patiently and knowledgeably. The prices are moderate and the wine list fairly extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all around.DominoWildDined on 7/17/2014From the minute we walked in we were treated courteously. The staff was very friendly and the food was remarkable. When we asked our server for a recommendation she was not hesitant to provide a fantastic suggestion. Our entire meal was great from start to finish. We had Mary's oysters, poached lobstah, seared scallops, and the arugula risotto took the cake! Finished with Burbon ice cream. WoW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.