558 Washington St
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.legalseafoods.com/restaurants/boston-legal-crossing
- Phone: 6176928888x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Wheelchair Access
- Public Transit: Orange/Red Line: Downtown Crossing Station
Green Line: Boylston Station
Orange Line: Chinatown Station
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Our validation will net you savings at the Lafayette Garage across the street at 1 Avenue de Lafayette. Weekdays before 4pm, get a $2/hour discounted rate for up to two hours. Or park for $12 on weekdays after 4pm and all day on weekends.
A word from Legal Crossing
Legal Crossing is an urban neighborhood restaurant inspired by the vibrancy of Downtown Crossing, then and now. It's a cross between all of the Legal Sea Foods concepts, evolved into a new, singular experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Legal Crossing - Best Restaurants in Downtown Crossing ›
Legal Crossing reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (48)special occasion (47)hot spot (47)great for lunch (45)notable wine list (43)vibrant bar scene (35)romantic (27)late-night find (27)great for outdoor dining (15)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was really good and service superlative. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againPeteDined on 9/27/2014We arrived at 6:45 for a pre show meal. Ordered a salad (ok), seaweed salad(not available)& onion rings (inedible). We had also ordered main courses but by 7:50 we had to leave without eating except for bread. I had repeatedly asked what was happening and told that we would be served very soon which was untrue. There was an apology from the manager and no charge.
- Legal's Never DisappointsDebbyBDined on 9/27/2014I have been going to Legal Seafoods for many years. I have never had a bad experience. Their service and food are always excellent. I love the Bang Bang Cauliflower appetizer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014My sister and I were looking for a nice spot to eat dinner before seeing The Lion King on a Saturday night. We found it!! Legal Crossing was the perfect place for us to have a leisurely dinner and chat before the show. We are both seafood lovers and couldn't have been happier with our meals; not to mention the perfect floor to ceiling view of bustling Washington Street from our cozy table. From the warm bakery basket to the Shrimp appetizer and Wedge Salad; from the Roasted Cod and Trout Almondine; to the Profiteroles with Bourbon ice cream and warmed Chocolate Sauce - it was an outstanding meal! I would not hesitate for an instant to visit again. The friendly, welcoming wait staff was equally as warm as our food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Felt Special!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014We made a dinner reservation at Legal Crossing as part of our anniversary celebration thinking it would be convenient to the Boston Opera House. Little did we realize that the theatre would not be the highlight of the evening! The restaurant and the staff's attention to making our anniversary special actually made our celebration! From the "anniversary wishes" waiting at our table to the complimentary appetizers to acknowledge our milestone to the yummy food, we didn't expect to WOWed. We returned to the restaurant for dessert and coffee (actually as a thank you on our part for making the evening special) only to be surprised by the complimentary sweets. WOW again - not expected - not necessary, but so appreciated! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambiance and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The restaurant was way too cold even cooling down the food and the dinner plate. The food choices were very limited.Special Features:
- Great First ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014Our friends recommended us to have dinner at this restaurant for our anniversary. We took the orange line to avoid traffic and it was just a short walk from downtown crossing T stop. The host sat us by the window where we were then greeted by the manger Reggie. He made the atmosphere warming by getting to know us which he then found out about our anniversary. We first ordered a half dozen oyster which were superb. My wife wanted to get more which we were then SURPRISED with complimentary oysters on the house. Our dinner meals were great and our experience were beyond expectations. You can’t ask for a better location and the walk after dinner to enjoy the scenery made our anniversary even better.Special Features:
- Legal CrossingPerkiDined on 9/24/2014We chose this restuarant because it was close to the Opera House. The food and service was excellent. The menu offered some unique choices, both our meals were flavorful and well prepared. The waitress was friendly and efficient. We will definitely return next time we are in Boston and would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Reggie and his staff are fantastic hosts! The atmosphere is just perfect for a dinner in town! Highly suggest you make a visit. Very convenient (across the street) from the Opera House. We had dinner prior to the show and back for dessert/coffee after the show.
- Need to work out the kinkschinDined on 9/23/2014Had a new waitress and wasn't that knowledgeable about food or wines. Forgot the olives in dirty martini . Ordered the soft she'll crab. Although delicious the accompanying banana didn't make sense. Crabs a bit soggy. Should have been fried a bit more. Took over 20 minutes to get my sorbet. If you offer port in which was not available offerings of cheeses should be part of the.menu. think chef over thinking menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/21/2014We had the best time here... Everyone from the hosts to the bartenders to the servers to the manager were just awesome!Special Features:
- pretty disappointedcindilexDined on 9/21/2014The food was just OK. I ordered something from the every day menu and was told that it was out of season and they didn't have it. I ended up ordering something else (everything tuna) the piece was too thick and pretty bland. My daughter had the linguini with clams and it left a lot to be desired. The wine in the sauce wasn't cooked off all the way so it was very overpowering(she didn't eat it). The clams were few and it had something else in it that was questionable, not even sure what it was but it was the consistency or a raw scallop. My husband got the aged steak and again, it was just OK. The side dishes and wedge salad were delicious though! Our waiter was present a lot in the beginning, then disappeared when we needed water.Special Features:
- Stellar FoodgoldybesnackinDined on 9/20/2014The food at Legal Crossing was exactly what should be expected of the Legal brand and more. The baked oysters were spot on. I also had the Oyster Trio, which i HIGHLY recommend. This was three shucked oysters with jalapeno, cucumber, and melon sorbet. Very unique, but I will get this every time I go. For dinner, I had the lobster which was prepared beautifully, and the rest of the dish fit perfectly. My girlfriend and mother had the LX Shrimp and Sockeye Salmon special. Both were fantastic. I will be going back!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2014Restaurant is well located, the service was good, good beer choice, and nice atmosphere; however....the broccolini was undercooked and tasteless, and the Lobster in Butter dish was over-cooked. Everything around the dish was far better than the Lobster.
- Excellent!ExcellentDined on 9/19/2014The food was inovative and excellent. The service was top notch. I love dining in Boston, but have to say many city restaurants have slid in terms of food, value and service. Kudos to Legals for maintaining high standards, especially around service! It was a little hard to read the menus, the lighing is dim, and I was facing the bright lights of the theater - pretty to look at, but a little blinding when trying to read the menu.Special Features:
- Best fish tacoFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/18/2014LX is my lunch spot. There fish taco is great. The price is reasonable. I had the calamari as an appetizer and it was Devine.Special Features:
- Evening dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014We are repeat patrons. The food is consistently excellent and was again, the service overall was very good, although our server had a bit of attitude which detracted from the experience. I would recommend to others and return, though. The staff who helped with our table was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lionkingdiningDined on 9/16/2014excellent food and ambiance before the show The seafood is up to typical Legal standardsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/16/2014Our lunch was served quickly and the food was great. The server was friendly and reccomended great options. I will be back often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new addition to Downtown XmisheybosVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had a great meal at Legal Crossing. We are fans of Legal Seafood and we have been meaning to try this new location. The ambiance is decidedly more chic than other Legal Seafood locations. The menu is slightly different than a typical Legal Seafood ... but the options will not disappoint!Special Features:
- OK - but not the bestMJSLenoxDined on 9/13/2014Had a pretty good dinner here. Wasn't the best Legal Seafoods experience - but the food was mostly good (though our risotto was undercooked) and the service was friendly but not terribly efficient (appetizer plates not cleared before entrees arrived, no water service etc). Very good looking restaurant - and convenient location. Not sure if I could recommend this to a friend, however.Special Features:
- very goodNickVIPDined on 9/13/2014excellent food, excellent location for theater. Very impressive wine list. Had sockeye salmon special. Waiter was a bit too stuffy, constantly using the irritating phrase "are we done? "are we pleased with..." There is no "we" here- just ask us directly. You are not part of the dinner table.Special Features:
- wb75Dined on 9/11/2014I have dined and left a review before for legal crossing but the service keeps on making my night special. I am a retired FDNY firefighter and the entire staff made me feel welcome and comfortable on a difficult day. A big thanks to the manager and server for making a memorable night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meet downtown!MalloryVIPDined on 9/8/2014I met a colleague here for drinks and appetizers and it was the perfect spot. Great ambience, feels very high end for being so close to downtown crossing. The service was wonderful and kept checking in on me while I was waiting for my colleague to arrive- but I never felt pressured to order before they got there. Drinks and food were delicious and unique from other Legal locations! Definitely try the oysters!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/8/2014Superior service from the bartenders! I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the people in this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/7/2014Legal Crossing offers a good meal. The oyster appetizer paired with three sorbets was excellent. Beet salad wad very nice. Several fish entrees offered as simply prepared and I had the scallops. Nicely prepared, not over-cooked. The place was empty on a Sunday night. Great people watching when seated by the window onto the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood sourceSusantDined on 9/7/2014Great source for fantastic seafood. Actually is a chain restaurant but has the feel of a local neighborhood place. Also have late night hours for after theater dining and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/6/2014The experience couldn't have been better. The service was outgoing and fun but not intrusive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DTX's welcome addition!melodyrose1Dined on 9/3/2014Fabulous food, wonderful service, a great addition to Downtown Crossing- or now known as, Legal Crossing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tremendous service and foodwb75Dined on 9/2/2014I recently moved to the neighborhood, I was overwhelmed with friendly and attentive service by Heather. She recommended we share some of the signature apps. They were all delicious. Thank you! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in the theatre districtSmh1018Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great and it is nice to see a solid restaurant in this area of town. The cocktail menu, however, does leave something to be desired, as instead of listing the ingredients in the drink, they chose to add "funny" one-liners which did nothing to aid in our understanding of the drinks. We went with wine instead, and thoroughly enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to eatRacnDocDined on 8/29/2014There were a number of interesting choices on the menu but we chose the seared scallops with beef shank ragout, hazelnut romesco, parsnip purée and charred brocolino and the simply LX seared scallops with charred brocolino and arugula risotto. There were both excellent; the scallops were sweet and tender, and the brocolino was wonderful. We were greeted by the general manager Reggie Dias and he ensured we were happy with our meal and even gave us our dessert (an unforgettable Chocolate Torta) gratis. It was a truly excellent meal with wonderful service. I would highly recommend Legal Crossing for a special treat or any day you want an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/24/2014Outstanding experience! We were there for a birthday celebration and the manager Nick brought us a complimentary dessert with a card signed by the staff! What a nice touch! Service was great and so was the food. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/22/2014My first time trying Legal Crossing and I was not that impressed. Service started off great and then the waitress disappeared. We sat with dessert menus in front of us for nearly 30 minutes. Good thing the company was good because the service was not.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/21/2014Legal Crossing was classy and modern. The server was friendly and knowledgeable and the food was great and creative. Thank you for the great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Legal CrossingDivaDebDined on 8/19/2014Enjoyed the Seafood Cobb Salad. Would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a salad with a variety of seafood. Service was good and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clams need to be washed out!tastybudsDined on 8/16/2014My 3 clam and pasta dish had salt soaked calms both in the shell and larger ones in the dish. Sent it back and the next 1 came out with same overly salted calms and I like salt yet his was overwhelming. For a fish based restaurant, this seemed unbelievable they won't have tested them before sending them out a second time. I couldn't eat more than the 1st few and even that gave me a salt head ache and upset my stomach shortly after. The pasta itself was very tasty. All the other 3 parties at my table enjoyed their dishes. Their dishes seemed a bit pricey for what they got.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/14/2014Service was great and attentive! The food was amazing! Loved everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try the bang bang cauliflower!StewieDined on 8/11/2014This was my first time at this restaurant, I brought some clients there because one of them was in the mood for seafood. We had a party of 6 and had our choice of sitting inside or outside, so we got a nice comfortable booth inside. The bang bang cauliflower was so good! I recommend that. It was exactly like sweet and sour chicken that you get from chinese food places, but it was cauliflower inside instead of chicken. I also had the lobster roll and it was amazing. Exactly how i like it: Lots of big chunks of lobster meat, no fillers and not too much mayo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummmm!JaneVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had oysters which were perfection, the classic wedge salad with this fantastic non-traditional green goddess dressing to die for and the lobster chowder...all outstanding. The hostess and the waitress were both great. Cool, sexy, darkly-lit vibe, although sitting by the window or outside offered a brighter option. Great for the neighborhood.Special Features: