4021 Beltline Road #101
Addison, TX 75001Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leftyslobster.com/
- Phone: 9727749518x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Panales
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Gus or Chris 9727749518x
A word from Lefty's
Lefty's is Addison's only "East Coast" seafood restaurant and regular hangout for sports figures, celebrities and chefs. Lefty's serves the freshest fish, superb hand cut steaks, live lobsters, king crab legs, cold water oysters, clams, pasta and the chef's fabulous daily specials. Lefty’s offers an excellent wine list and a cozy well stocked bar. Lefty's "a neighborhood joint with world class food" operated by the Papageorge family renowned for the finest food, service and atmosphere since 1910.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Lefty's - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Lefty's reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (30)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (12)great for lunch (11)romantic (8)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- I Lilke Lefty'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Price was reasonable for lobster. It was cooked right and tasted good. Not the best I've had but good. Lobster Bisque was average. Good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentdoug123Dined on 8/28/2014We eat at Lefty's a few times a year and always wonder when we are leaving why we don't come here more often. The food is always great and the service is excellent. Our last visit we had Brent and he was a charmer. Quick service, professional demeanor, and most importantly a great personality. And he gives you honest feedback on the specials. We always get annoyed when the waitstaff just says everything is great. And of course he stated "in his opinion" which is what we are asking for. Fun night and a relaxing dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLlbbtx1Dined on 8/28/2014Lefty's has been around for a long time and continues to serve good food in a nice, friendly environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!TxpupsDined on 8/23/2014Always great food and service. Friendly neighborhood hidden gem. Fresh seafood and delicious steaks and chicken. Generous portions and great weekly/daily specials on fresh catch items. One of our favorite weekend dining spots for years.Special Features:
- Great Service!ShaySDined on 8/20/2014Lefty's has the absolute best customer service with a smile. They are always glad to see you and welcome you to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemShaySDined on 8/19/2014Lefty's in a hidden gem in Addison! They don't have to market, word of mouth in working for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dedaDined on 8/17/2014Eat here often and are NEVER disappointed in the food! Service can be slow at times ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation is meaninglessOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014The food is great, but we were seated an hour after out reservation time. Very enjoyable meal, but just be ready to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymousDined on 8/16/2014Fun place with great food and service! Coconut pie is the best! Noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Perfect anytime, especially for a romantic dinner. Very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Every time we go to Lefty's it's delicious. The best clam chowder and crab claws.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemCarlaGeeVIPDined on 8/12/2014Lefty's is really a hidden gem. GREAT food; and a very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lefty's is greatss66Dined on 8/8/2014Great seafood at a reasonable price. Stuffed snapper was outstanding as was Lefty's pasta. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too noisykirkwobDined on 8/8/2014This place started off wrong from the beginning. We could not hear each other from across the table. Waiter even had problem hearing us. They didn't have my wife's first two drink choices and while they had one of my favorite wines, I would not say they have a "notable" wine list. It was not a good place to take my wife after being out of town for two weeks. After all that, the food was OK and the service was adequate.
- It was ok, but nothing special.MiMiJ36Dined on 8/8/2014I had the shrimp scampi, the flavor was ok once I added salt and pepper, the shrimp had a slight funky taste to them, but they were huge. The scampi sauce was a little runny but it was plated beautifully. My husband had the fried shrimp basket, no complaints from him. My daughter got a cheese burger, she said it was very good. The waitress could have been more attentive. When we got there the place wasn't busy at all, yet it took a while for our order to be taken and I had to ask for bread for the table. I did not get a bubbly feeling from her at all. Over all the food was good, but it isn't something I'd crave to go back for.Special Features:
- Zack19ZackDined on 8/2/2014I love it here. Everything is always good. Be sure to try the puff pastry appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoxyDined on 8/2/2014Food was great and they accommodated the special seating request which was much appreciated. It's a small, very busy little restaurant, and thus the noise level is pretty high so where we were seated on the outer part of the dining area was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014will eat here again. great lobster bisque and snow crabSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as others have saidPappyDaPimpDined on 8/1/2014Tried this place by chance. Personally, I can't stand seafood so I was very pleased that this place does not have one hint of fishy odor what so ever. Everything is so fresh. Even with a packed dining area the place smelled like the wood timbers. Service was EXCELLENT! Seated immediately, drinks brought right away, questions answered and suggestions given upon request. Never felt rushed at any point of the experience. And the lobster... Mind blowing. I started this review by saying I don't like seafood, but this visit has seriously made me reconsider that statement. Even if I don't like seafood, I sure like Leftys! I will definitely be coming back. Drinks are a little pricy, but are made stronger than you might anticipateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindBillDined on 8/1/2014We've eaten here twice, both special occasions and will continue to go back. Our favorite, the lobster. It is loud, and sometimes quite busy especially on a weekend.Special Features:
- Best casual seafood in townCelebrationDined on 7/29/2014Wouldn't go anywhere else for lo BBC ster. O t steps even out of season were amazing. Owner and chef are very particular about what they bring in. I had soft shell crab. Out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodSkyGodSamDined on 7/27/2014I recently went to Lefty's because everywhere was packed. Had been before, but it's been a while. Was reminded again of the outstanding food. Will definitely have to start going there again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooddinDined on 7/26/2014The service was a little slow. It took a while to get our appetizer's. But the food is always good. Love the energy in this place.Special Features:
- OuttandinghoppyDined on 7/23/2014Found this place on the internet while we were in town and it was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood OasisKazualKazDined on 7/19/2014A seafood gem that is fantastic. Our family has been going there for a number of years for birthdays, anniversarys, and special occasions . Suggest you make reservations.Special Features:
- Always Great!PamandBobDined on 7/19/2014Although it seems a little out of the way, Lefty's is always busy, always great food. Their lobster dinners are fresh and so tasty. The stuffed baked shrimp is a real treat. The fresh baked bread and salads were good starters. And the coconut cream pie...yum! We tried the peach pie for the first time and it was excellent. Fun place!
- Awesome seafoodplanomomDined on 7/18/2014Lefty's reminds me of a "joint" in Boston or some other cool seaside city. Intimate with lots of atmosphere. Something not found in most restaurants in North Dallas. I would highly recommend it to everyone. Don't miss it! The best crab legs I have had in years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Best lobster deal in the area. Great service as well.Special Features:
- IronmanMike49Dined on 7/8/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 40th anniversary . We had a large table and away from front door. The service was excellent and the food delicious . We like this place very much as it's an older crowd , not many children dining. It is very hard today to find any restaurant that you can a romantic dinner. My only suggestion is that the music could be turned down alittle. Many of the diners came by to wish us a happy anniversary. How nice!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food well preparedkev1918csDined on 7/8/2014Food was outstanding - oysters fresh, briny and cold. Had a nice filet of sea bass, flaky and well prepared with king crab and a white wine sauce. On the downside, arrived at 6pm and service dropped off completely when what seemed to be a bombardment of patrons by 7pm - which only supports my review of the food. Nevertheless, was willing to wait for the check after that meal. Want a Northeast seafood experience in Dallas? it's the closest you'll get to a Boston favorite without having to park at DFW.Special Features:
- Seafood "Shak"foodchemistDined on 7/3/2014Food is cooked perfectly and with care. Fresh Seafood is Key. Chef Specials are always unique and spot on with creativity and flavor. Relaxed atmosphere where you can feel comfortable in shorts and t-shirt or go decked out for a boating trip. Service is excellent from caring staff that knows the food. Excellent place for a New England style Seafood Fix, but they also know their way around Gulf and Pacific Seafood specials as well. Enjoy!!Special Features:
- Awesome DishSteveVIPDined on 6/28/2014The salmon entree with jalepeno pesto topped with crab was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbitiousTravelerDined on 6/21/2014Lefty's was ok, however, there are much better places to have sea food in Dallas. The ambience was dated, the food was acceptable i.e. the steamed claims had an excellent broth but the bread was meh reducing the whole experience. The sauce on my fish entre was delish but the fish itself was not as described in the menu (deep fried, not pan fried) and only fair on its own. Overall, not somewhere I will be returning to.Special Features:
- Good foodGarboDined on 6/21/2014Food is fresh and good.reservation were almost on time. Very friendly place.service is prompt.Special Features:
- To satisfy your Lobster YearningLobsterloverDined on 6/20/2014When we have a need for a lobster evening, Lefty's is the place of choice. I have never ordered anything other than lobster, although the orders of other diners looks great. At 7 PM on Friday evening the place is chaotic- (We had to wait 30 minutes after our reservation time to get a table) and the noise level was very high. However, the meal was great, the service was satisfactory and we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster? Yes!!!LoveLobsterDined on 6/15/2014Fun casual atmosphere. Hidden location but oh so good. We will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Amazing Seafood DishesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/4/2014The chef, who has been with Lefty's since the beginning, prepares the most amazing specials every night! The regular menu is just as great! You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Once again, seafood to remember!MikeyGDined on 6/2/2014Went with reservations on a very busy Tuesday night. Greeted warmly by manger and seated immediately even though the rest of our party straggled in for the next 30 minutes. four of us ordered the Clam Bake which was fabulous. My son raved about the Mahi-Mahi. Service impeccable by Kerri. Can't wait to go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- cbarDined on 5/31/2014Lefty's never disappoints. All the way from the servers to the food it is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014I love seafood, but am newer to lobster, so I was intrigued and excited about eating here. Sadly, I was disappointed. The menu is limited, especially for side items. Even as a newbie, I could tell that it was overcooked as the meat (especially the tail) was the tough and chewy. The baked potato was overcooked and dry, and didn't even come with butter or toppings. I chose broccoli for my side, which was well steamed, but had absolutely no seasoning whatsoever and my portion was nowhere near an appropriate size. For 3 adults, our our bill was well over $100, which I feel was overpriced for the lack of quality. They allow smoking in the restaurant, which is unappetizing. I would rather pay a little more for a higher caliber dinner.