4021 Beltline Road #101
Addison, TX 75001Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leftyslobster.com/
- Phone: (972) 774-9518
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Francisco Panales
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Gus or Chris 9727749518x
A word from Lefty's
Lefty's is Addison's only "East Coast" seafood restaurant and regular hangout for sports figures, celebrities and chefs. Lefty's serves the freshest fish, superb hand cut steaks, live lobsters, king crab legs, cold water oysters, clams, pasta and the chef's fabulous daily specials. Lefty’s offers an excellent wine list and a cozy well stocked bar. Lefty's "a neighborhood joint with world class food" operated by the Papageorge family renowned for the finest food, service and atmosphere since 1910.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lefty's - Best Restaurants in Addison ›
Lefty's reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (63)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (36)good for groups (28)hot spot (23)great for lunch (23)vibrant bar scene (21)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (14)romantic (14)scenic view (11)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Food was okay, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2014The front door opens into the bar - the smoke-filled bar. It was such a turn off to walk through the stinking haze of cigarette smoke, especially when I discovered the smell permeated the entire restaurant. My entree - pistachio crusted trout - was tasty, but the baked potato and broccoli sides were lackluster. It just wasn't worth putting up with the cigarette smell.
- 458GermanDined on 11/21/2014Excellent service and the food was wonderful. We came for lunch on a Friday afternoon and the staff was attentive and friendly. The lobster bisque and crab cakes were excellent. I'll definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its a must go foy any seafood lover!!MarkMVIPDined on 11/13/2014Welcome to The New England Clam Bake in Dallas. Food quality is over the top. Go you will never regret it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh seafoodboatmanDined on 11/12/2014My wife and I had a wonderful meal here. Her red snapper was delicious and crab cake was awesome. My lobster fresh and I think best value in town. Lefty's has definitely made our regular list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner fir 2 after the Dallas OperabrendasfoodaddictionDined on 11/9/2014This majestic hole in the wall seafood cavern was just what we were looking for. The cozy feeling of having a home cooked meal made up of lobster and steak to be finished off by a slice of decadent chocolate cake was perfect. It was the best ending of a perfect day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fantastic restaurantStevarinoDined on 11/8/2014We had a unbelievably great meal. Brent was a super server. Crab claws, flawless and clams over linguini, perfection. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Great DessertsFredVIPDined on 11/5/2014Loved the experience. We went on a busy Wednesday night. Service was spotty, but we were not in a hurry. Four diners, so we saw a lot of the menu. Everyone liked their entres. No one was disappointed. Boiled two pound lobster for $35 was spot on. Fish was prepared well and with some seasonings that you don't see everywhere. One non-seafood eater was pleased with the chicken. We ordered three desserts and should have ordered six. Chocolate cake with Kaluha was special. Key lime was best I'd tasted in years - just the edge of tart but not too tart. Coconut cream was a very strong third option, and that from someone who does not love coconut.Special Features:
- Always consistentBSquareVIPDined on 11/2/2014We eat at Leftys quite often, so when we had an opportunity to take some friends who have not been before, we never worried - even though they own their own restaurant and he is the chef - because the food and service are so consistently good. They tried the crab claws and lobster bisque and gave both dishes very high marks. Sautéed snapper and the key lime pie were two other favorites that were hits.Special Features:
- Classic Style of SeafoodEdKrullDined on 11/1/2014I had the stuffed snapper, the Mrs had Lefty's pasta. We have had the lobster before (also great) but we went lighter that night. Very well executed and impressive. Service is always great. They do allow smoking at the bar, but it wasn't an issue where we were sitting.Special Features:
- Amazing FindShaySVIPDined on 10/31/2014This place has been in business for over 19 years and they don't need to advertise. They provide superior service and fantastic food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Real DealHouseDined on 10/24/2014They serve some of the best seafood in town. This little place is "in the cut" so those who go, KNOW! It's always packed for dinner so make a reservation and you won't be sorry.Special Features:
- Great ServiceShaySVIPDined on 10/24/2014I always receive great service at Leftys from the minute I walk in until the minute I walk out.... They get an A plus for service from the water person to the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite nice but noisyScrapmanDined on 10/24/2014Food was excellent and plentiful and prices very reasonable. The wait staff was excellent and catered nicely to our "senior" requests. Only complaint...waiter asked if we wanted change from our cash payment at bill time. We are generally 20% tippers for good service so asking if we want change from $100.00 bill on a $73.00 bill did not sit well. He was a good waiter but not 27% tip good. It took a bit of the enjoyment away from an otherwise very pleasant evening. Noise levels very high and sitting at a table somewhat close to the bar allowed for the discomfort of smoke. We will probably make it to Lefty's 3 to 4 times a year.I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvthisplaceluvthisplaceDined on 10/20/2014Lefty's has superb food, excellent appetizers, soup is great, entrees are delicious and great value. The desserts are fantastic and homemade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood DinnerKKdineoutDined on 10/17/2014I love the Lobster at this restaurant. It's cooked just right. My Mother had the crab legs which were also good. The only thing I don't like about this restaurant is the smoke from the bar area and the noise level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeluvthisplaceDined on 10/15/2014the food was served hot and promptly. the service was absolutely outstanding. Bruno was our server and he was fantastic. We all had lobster and it is succulent and tender, perfectly cooked. I have eaten lobster at much more expensive restaurants, but they could not surpass Lefty's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the game!MikeyGDined on 10/13/2014Although one of my favorites, distance and cost (although very reasonable) make our visits somewhat infrequent. When I read that lobster (favorite) was on special on Mondays in October, I couldn't resist and made the trek to Addison to satiate my crusto-addiction. Always fresh, succulent lobster served with great baked potato, corn on Cobb or broccoli priced in low $20 range. Outstanding lobster bisque too! Others in party have enjoyed seafood pasta, fish etc. Not fancy by any means, the food, great service and casual ambience make for a favored experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014Food & service great as usual...Lobster Madness is an outstanding value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boil vs Steamed LobsterITryNewRestaurantsDined on 10/13/2014I guess I prefer steamed lobster and Lefty's obviously chooses to boil. I cracked open the first claw and immediately my plate was inundated with the boiling liquid. Luckily the side plates are like a small bowl and I was able to drain it all off into that container but my potato was still soggy! That said, the taste was good and the price was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and funcolonial815VIPDined on 10/11/2014Lefty's is a little hidden gem. I would have never found this place but for the reviews online and that they take opentable reservations. The server was friendly, genuine, and helpful. He made some awesome recommendations and really seemed to care about our food quality and our satisfaction. He was attentive without being too stressy. The food, wow. We had the lobster bisque, crab fingers, Lefty's pasta, and the filet. The pasta was a standout. Huge portion and so, so delicious. The steak was cooked a perfect medium and cut like butter. When in Dallas, go to Lefty's! They will not disappoint.Special Features:
- Back from the pastviperDined on 10/8/2014I moved back to Dallas and wanted to go to one of my past favorite places. It was just as I remembered 15 years ago. The lobster was excellent and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not quite a good as I expectedfishfoodieDined on 9/28/2014I was a little disappointed with our dining experience after reading the rave reviews. It was good, but not the best I've ever had. Several dishes were just a little "off" The lobster was tasty, but a little tough. The Ahi was cooked, not rare. We had a choice of corn on cob or broccoli with our baked potato as sides-not much of a choice. The lobster bisque didn't have any lobster. Some very good items-crab cake was wonderful. Stuffed lobster and stuffed snapper-very good. We will try again, but maybe make different choices next time. Very friendly staff and fun neighborhood feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemShaySVIPDined on 9/26/2014This place has been in business for over 19 years and they have never advertised. It's truly word of mouth! Both the service and food are OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSueChimneyDined on 9/19/2014The food and service was awesome. It was the best from the crab cocktail to the lobster to the key lime pie. We had such a great time and we weren't rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ggoodlin3Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent Seafood at very reasonable prices with excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemkinserzDined on 9/19/2014Saw great reviews on Yelp and thought it was worth a try. Went with a group for company lunch and was very impressed with the quality of food and service. Location is not very good and their was construction happening near their parking lot, but it was very much worth it! Would go again.Special Features:
- Great food, service & wineBiloniousVIPDined on 9/18/2014We had a great time chowing on fantastic sea food! Our waiter, Brendan, was very charming and helpful, accommodating a few special requests, and his wine recommendations were spot on! Our group ordered a range of entrees from both the specials and regular menu, and we were all very pleased! On the table, we had lobster, shrimp, halibut, chicken parmesan, chowder, lobster bisque and Lefty's pasta, and everyone was very excited to share bites and show off the quality of each selection. If you want great seafood and great wine to match, without pretension, this place is a friendly, comfortable spot that you'll want to come back to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!MacandCheeseDined on 9/18/2014We had been meaning to try Lefty's for a time. Finally got to try with friends of ours- the wife is from the Notheast and is used to exceptionally fresh seafood. We were not disappointed in the selection and the quality of the seafood. Will definitely be returning to try more of the menu.Special Features:
- Top 25 for sureuniqueinindyDined on 9/13/2014Excellent food, excellent value. I had scallops - which were prepared perfectly! My son had the "cull" lobster (his first lobster) and really enjoyed the meal. Great local "feel" and ambiance. Service was great, and complete staff were welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Would suggest to all for sure.Special Features:
- Date night first time thereDiningoutDined on 9/12/2014We went on our date night and found it perfect. We will be back to try the other dishes on the menu. We will be telling our other (couple) friends about it and also going with them for an evening with them to visit, hangout and enjoy the evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster, Lobster, Lobster!!!!!LobstaLuvvaDined on 9/6/2014If you can't get up to Maine, then this is the next place around here to get a real lobster fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall!ChuzeeDined on 9/6/2014Third time to Lefty's. Food is always great. Service is always great. It has an east coast feel. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but smokyMikeVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went to Lefty's based on the reviews and the food was pretty good. The steak and lobster were both better than average and the service was very good. However, there is a bar inside the restaurant and smoking is allowed at that bar. The evening we ate there had a fair amount of smokers and that somewhat ruined the meal.
- I Lilke Lefty'sscauseyDined on 8/31/2014Price was reasonable for lobster. It was cooked right and tasted good. Not the best I've had but good. Lobster Bisque was average. Good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistentdoug123Dined on 8/28/2014We eat at Lefty's a few times a year and always wonder when we are leaving why we don't come here more often. The food is always great and the service is excellent. Our last visit we had Brent and he was a charmer. Quick service, professional demeanor, and most importantly a great personality. And he gives you honest feedback on the specials. We always get annoyed when the waitstaff just says everything is great. And of course he stated "in his opinion" which is what we are asking for. Fun night and a relaxing dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodLlbbtx1Dined on 8/28/2014Lefty's has been around for a long time and continues to serve good food in a nice, friendly environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!TxpupsDined on 8/23/2014Always great food and service. Friendly neighborhood hidden gem. Fresh seafood and delicious steaks and chicken. Generous portions and great weekly/daily specials on fresh catch items. One of our favorite weekend dining spots for years.Special Features:
- Great Service!ShaySVIPDined on 8/20/2014Lefty's has the absolute best customer service with a smile. They are always glad to see you and welcome you to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemShaySVIPDined on 8/19/2014Lefty's in a hidden gem in Addison! They don't have to market, word of mouth in working for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dedaDined on 8/17/2014Eat here often and are NEVER disappointed in the food! Service can be slow at times ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.