Left Bank Restaurant
183 Gore Creek Dr.
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Left Bank Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.leftbankvail.com/
- Phone: 9704763696
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm Closed Sunday's
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, French
- Executive Chef: Jean-Michel Chelain
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Left Bank welcomes private parties and small groups up to 95 people. Please contact us directly for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kimberly Chelain 9704763696
A word from Left Bank Restaurant
The only classic French restaurant in Vail for 40 years. The Left Bank serves up the finest French cuisine prepared from scratch from the finest ingredients. Everything is fresh never frozen. Select an amazing wine at a fair price from our world renowned wine list! Bordeaux's, Burgundy's or selections from California are sure to please from $39 per bottle and up.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Left Bank Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (9)romantic (9)scenic view (8)neighborhood gem (4)Show More
- Fine French DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014This restaurant warranted a five star rating except for a non-attentive waiter. The other service staff were very good. Food quality and presentation were excellent, exactly what you would expect at a fine French restaurant. Access to restaurants in Vail Village is very limited; streets are closed to vehicles and public parking was a ten minute away. It took some creativity to find a spot where I could drop off my wife, who has mobility limitations, where so could walk to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Everything was absolutely perfect. This is dining at its finest with all the extra touches like amuse bouches and cookies at the end of dessert. Food is exquisite and the setting and service match it.Special Features:
- Dinner ReviewNoodleDined on 8/25/2014Extremely Disappointed with my meal... The flavors were very bitter and most of my food was un-eatable! The chef needs to get back to basics instead go going "outside the box". I will Not be returning EVER!Special Features:
- Just keeps getting better!worldlyfoodaddictVIPDined on 8/15/2014New dedign is wonderfully. Chic and chef is fantastic as always. Not to b missed but always to be repeated!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too brightGolaVIPDined on 8/11/2014New decor is great and goes well with the outstanding food and exceptional service. A suggestion is to decrease the ambient light because of all the white furniture and walls, which makes it almost too bright. The soufflés were perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fall from GraceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/18/2014It is sad to see an icon of Vail fine dining fall so far from Grace. Every aspect of this once great and reliable establishment has descended into inferiority. To begin with, we were kept waiting for over 30 minutes for our table while all other patrons were greeted warmly by the maitresse d'y and promptly shown to their tables. Service throughout the 3 1/2 hour dinner was slow and lacking in attention, e.g. courses were presented to the wrong person, silverware was missing and slow to be replaced. The food itself was small portioned and lacking in flavor e.g. the St. Jacques consisted of one small scallop and one shrimp + a deep-fried potato tasting lump. Although apologies were offered, there was no attempt to comp us as a courtesy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014The owners have done a great job with their renovation. Food and service remain perfect.Special Features:
- SuePDined on 7/17/2014Everything was superb from the moment we walked in. Nothing else needs to be said. Top notch!Special Features:
- The following 213 reviews are from the Left Bank Restaurant reviews archive.
- Not worth visitingJustAFoodieDined on 4/19/2014The service was awful! Our server disappeared multiple times and we had to flag down other servers to place our order or inquire into where our drinks were, he spoke in an obviously fake accent and would stumble over word in an attempt to keep up the facade and not once did he apologize for any of his mistakes or varies vanishing acts. To make matters worse the manager would only stop by tables filled with regulars, it's as though they could care less about building new relationships or making sure new guest were happy as well. Honestly, for the price and portion sizes I would expect outstanding service and phenomenal food quality but instead we left highly unsatisfied with both the service and food. Avoid this place at all cost.
- Left Bank: Exquisite French DiningPhillyhornDined on 4/16/2014A very comfortable ambiance where the food is first rate. Scallop appetizer and the lobster bisque set the stage for a wonderful duck entree and a mouth watering trout. Could not choose between the chocolate and gran marnier soufflé, so we ordered both. It is their signature dessert and rightly so. Melts in your mouth. The complimentary bellini along with the cookies included after the meal were both unexpected treats that made the whole experience a perfect evening.Special Features:
- One of the best meals I'veJimmyVIPDined on 3/27/2014One of the best meals I've ever had in Vail. The veal chop with seared foie gras was fantastic. Wonderful wine list. Great souffles for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2014The left bank is a great place to have a delicious French meal. The Service and food is great. This is the perfect place to have a romantic dinner or with a group of friends. Every time we come to Vail we eat here.Special Features:
- Family experienceJR1VelvetDined on 3/24/2014Superior service, Superior cuisine, Superior view of gore creekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desperately Needs a FaceliftAmbienceAddictVIPDined on 3/6/2014I've been coming to left bank since I was a teenager. In all those decades, nothing has changed at left bank--not the menu, not the food which is delicious, and not the decor which is hideous. Ambience is part of the dining experience, and left bank desperately needs a face lift!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent classic French food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/6/2014Excellent classic French food. Try the dessert souffle which must be ordered in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go to restaurantAnneGDined on 2/25/2014What an amazing find. The food and service was superb! Must go this restaurant when in Vail.Special Features:
- Great restaurantsteelerguyDined on 2/24/2014Seated promptly at our reservation time. Took a bit of time for a waiter to make it to the table, but after that service was great. Food was exceptional, from appetizer to dessert. The menu is diverse with something for everyone, and it all came out cooked perfectly. It took a bit for a waiter to get to our table, but once they did, the service was also very good. Easily superior to La Tour, in all aspects other than perhaps ambiance. Maybe not the "hottest" spot to eat at in Vail, but the hot spots failed us for the most part. Left Bank actually lived up to expectation and cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy ValentineRogerDined on 2/14/2014Always a busy night, Left Bank did an excellent with prompt service and fine food and wine. It's hard to find a place that can accomplish this on 2/14.Special Features:
- Great food, never disappointsNicoleDined on 2/14/2014We visit Vail once a year and always seem to spend Valentine's Day at The Left Bank. The staff is very attentive and the food is excellent. My kids enjoyed the Duck and Kobe Beef short ribs. Would recommend for a romantic dinner too.Special Features:
- Beware of the open table menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/8/2014All things considered it was great. F&B and service were definitely worth it. My only complaint is that we looked at the 'Sample' menu from open table, got excited about it, and then were told that the Open Table menu hasn't been updated in 'at least two years'. Major disappointment. Be aware that when they ask you about water when you get there, if you say yes to anything other than tap you're getting the lovely $7.50 charge for bottled water. Not a big deal, but some people I know get upset about that. Would definitely come back, but recommend that they are a little more up-to-date about their offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gem!PeterDined on 1/13/2014We found this place two years ago and it has become one of the highlights of our vacation. Food and service are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great, albeit pricey, experience.NickDined on 1/11/2014Not for the faint of wallet, but definitely a great experience for the price. Food was superb, the atmosphere was lovely. A small touch that was definitely appreciated and rarely ever seen: I made reservations for 2 on a Sat night, and they had taken a 4 top table by the window and reset it for 2 when we arrived. i.e., rather than crowd us onto a tiny table in an out of the way corner, they took one of there tables typically used for 4, removed 2 chairs, and set two place settings on the center of each side of the table. If I had to quibble, $7.50 for a bottle of Evian was bit much. They did give us a choice of "still, sparkling, or vail" water when we sat down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be in ParisFastidiousVIPDined on 1/6/2014This restaurant made me feel like I was back in Paris. Genuine French and an extensive French wine list. The wines are often rare but fairly priced. It is a restaurant for a special occasion and not on a budget. Tho about 75% of what I spent for a similar meal in Paris. Food, wine, service all impeccable! Has to be Vail's best restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacularly good New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/31/2013Spectacularly good New Year's Eve Grand Seating dinner.Special Features:
- Happy New YearJohnDined on 12/31/2013We picked the Left Bank for New Year's Eve and it was AWESOME! We had a table of 7 and the Colorado Rack of Lamb was the hands down favorite.Special Features:
- Would not recommendpbcceoDined on 12/30/2013We are home owners in the Vail area and have dined at most of the restaurants here. This was our first experience at the Left Bank. Immediately upon arrival at 6:30 pm we were abruptly told there was another seating at our table at 8:30 pm and we needed to be finished. We were seated next to a musician playing a guitar so loud we could not hear conversations. One member of our party is a vegetarian and the reservation through open table included a notation that we needed a vegetarian meal. We were told they could make anything and they recommended the risotto which we ordered. The waitress returned saying they could not make the risotto. We ordered the special vegetarian plate. It was smaller than most salads at a French Restaurant.
- Always a treatClarkeVIPDined on 12/27/2013One of the best parts of dinner at the Left Bank is dessert. Oh boy are the Soufflés great, or what. I frequently invite friends to join me in the intimate bar for dessert, cheese, and drinks - the staff are always so welcoming. And, if you're on your own, you can enjoy dinner at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Vail.OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/30/2013This is the best restaurant in Vail. Great food, interesting menu, great service.Special Features:
- Nice as AlwaysActionVIPDined on 11/29/2013We had a group of 8, and had a very nice meal at the Left bank. Everyone enjoyed there meal (which is telling with that big a group). The Manageress was really great, and was very helpful in helping make our choices for dinner (as the waitress, was more than a little lost).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/29/2013When I booked our reservation, the availability showed 6:00 or 7:30. We booked 6:00, and when we arrived we were the only people there. Another couple arrived at 6:30, and when we left at 7:00, there were only two other tables occupied. Why?? We book lots of reservations on Open Table, and have never had this happen. Part of a restaurant's ambience is the crowd, and feeling like you are in a popular spot. It appears we could have booked a 7:00 time. I'm wondering if we should have called the restaurant directly rather than booking through Open Table? Can you explain? The food was excellent, but the experience was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodsergioDined on 11/26/2013Was a nice dining experience, good foof, good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vail FavoritePEAHENDined on 9/25/2013Again and again, The Left Bank is a special Vail dining experience. The reliability of good food, service and wine makes this a secure choice when dining in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionbhartDined on 9/11/2013My husband and I went for my birthday dinner, and I was not disappointed. The service was great, and the whole dinning experience exceeded my expectations. The salmon and California sea bass (the special for the evening) were prepared just right. The sides that came with the main course were wonderful fresh garden vegetables. The potato side dish was different for each and perfectly paired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/7/2013The Left Bank continues to be our favorite restaurant in Vail. Best food, service and value in the town of Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant French ExperienceTonyVIPDined on 8/31/2013Terrific selection of interesting and innovative appetizers, soups and salads. Broad selection of meat and seafood main courses. Everything we had was delicious followed by dessert as only the French can prepare it. Expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- Fabulous food. Decor outdatedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/21/2013This is a great, one of the best in Vail - French restaurant. A good interior decorator can give the place a current look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriedrichFriedrichDined on 8/17/2013Great food, great service, wonderful night, thank you! Eggplant soup was delicious!Special Features:
- An evening at the BankRichardVIPDined on 8/12/2013The Left Bank coninues to offer high end French food that is excellently prepared and served. Its expensive but worth it. Four of went there recently and all had uniformorly high compliments on the food. The Sole with mushrooms was heavenly-as good as I have had anywhere. The fact the Chef (and owner) picks the mushrooms by hand on the mountain adds a unique Vail touch to the dish. The only negative is the old fashioned bistro decor that seems to have changed only slightly in the last 30 years. This is not a French bistro and the decor needs updating to be lighter and more in tune with the classic French cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World Charm with Modern MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013The service is always impeccable, there is an extensive menu, and the food is cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Where I have been the last 9 yearsBestRestrauntinVailVIPDined on 7/31/2013I've lived in the Vail Valley for almost 9 years and have been to almost every restaurant there is. I had heard about Left Bank but never went until the other night. This restaurant is what you would expect when you hear fine dining. I really enjoyed the food. The bouillabaise was incredible and everything else I tasted was 5 star. The duck and filet were both great and the lobster bisque was like nothing I had ever tasted. Def. recommend this restaurant to the guest/local that doesnt need to be at the newest (loudest) restaurant and have time to sit down and enjoy a good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.