Left Bank Bistro
2015 Avenue Rd.
Toronto, ON M5M 4A5Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
Left Bank Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://leftbankbistro.ca/
- Phone: 6473495700
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch:Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Dinner:Monday - Thursday, & Sunday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Masayuki Tamaru
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-Private dining for groups of up to 24 and facilities to accommodate up to 60 for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Ricky 6473495700
A word from Left Bank Bistro
Left Bank Bistro is located in uptown Toronto. This bistro’s philosophy is to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere, where friends & family can enjoy the comfort of professional service within a charming and cozy dining room. Our menu interpretation is French inspired. While using local ingredients, organic produce and meats, fish from sustainable fisheries, we have been able to embody some classic French dishes while infusing other techniques to broaden our bistro menu selection. The wine list will satisfy any connoisseur with selections and varietals found world wide. Our commitment & passion fused with great food and warm service will create a memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Left Bank Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Under New ManagementRomanoDined on 5/16/2014We were disappointed to hear about that but we decided to stay to see what the new group could do. First tip something was off is they did not have any specials on the board. Bottom line.... they have a good assortment of appetizers. Main courses are very limited. Specials were non-existent. The only special was a soup. Tiny wine list. However, the service was very good along with the food. It will be awhile before we return as we can't handle such a small limited menu very often. Hopefully, next time the menu will be expanded and they will be into have specials.Special Features:
- Disappointing First Time ExperienceFoodFussDined on 5/11/2014Previous reviews we read suggested a 4-star rating for this place and so we were excited. Right away we saw the restaurant had only 2 occupied tables. Half the items on the menu were unavailable. The salads were quite good but the mussels were bland and the battered calamari were greasy. We never finished these appetizers, and were not able to order the entrees we had wanted. Online menu is not useful if the food supplies are marginal.
- Not what we ExpectedDinerDined on 5/11/2014Have been to this restaurant several times and always enjoyed it. For Mother's Day lunch they changed the menu and we were expecting something similar to the regular brunch menu. Eggs Benny were good, 2 of us had the Cobb Salad which was not a salad. Unfortunately it was more like a protein plate with cheese, egg, chicken breast, bacon, etc. 2 small lettuce leaves and no dressing-never had a Cobb salad like that and not what we were looking for. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet spotEnjoysintimatediningDined on 5/2/2014We really had a good time and enjoyed the food and the ambience. Service was wonderful. Noise level was a small issue just because a party of 4 nearby were loud talkers and as such pretty inconsiderate but this would be an exception not the rule. Would definitely go back. The romaine salad was delicious as was the beef bourginon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014the food isnt going to send you over the moon but it does the trick. Simple yet delicious!! I am so happy that it is walking distance from my house. Will certainly go back.Special Features:
- Maintaining its high standardRomanoDined on 4/4/2014We have been there several times so we expect it to be a great experience and we are never disappointed. We will continue to go there.Special Features:
- Love the food and the mood.Fun2dineDined on 3/13/2014Spent a few hours of wonderful treat at this restaurant. As a home chef myself, I enjoyed every bit of the fresh ingredients and well plated dishes. Everything was well done! Highly recommend my friends to try and I will surely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmptyDk123456VIPDined on 3/9/2014The restaurant was so empty we walked in at a reasonable hour and they turned us away. Didn't even have the chance to try their food
- Food was good but there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/7/2014Food was good but there was a very funky smell in the restaurant. It smelled like they were using pot pourri to cover the smell of sewer.
- Celebration dinnerBB88Dined on 2/22/2014The menu is not extensive but varied enough to suit most palates. Good choice of salads and appetizers. Food was very good and cooked perfectly. Service was excellent and the ambience was great. Will definitely be back. Great local restaurant.Special Features:
- Not really worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I went for valentine's day. There was a $60 prix fix. The presentation of the food was beautiful and the food itself was edible but the portions were very small and despite quality ingredients, the flavour just wasn't there. The servers were very friendly but were wearing jeans and casual shirts and the atmosphere was kitschy.
- When we arrived at 6PM, theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014When we arrived at 6PM, the restaurant was empty except for one table, but pretty soon it got filled. The service was very good, the food was amazing, presentation was very good. It was quiet enough for us to have a conversation & hear each other. The beufe Bourgignon was excellent as was the steak fritte. We all agreed that we would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very frenchJadidinerDined on 1/31/2014We found the menu a little limited but were able to order good meals...all of us were satisfied with our choices. However, for a Friday night at 8pm, the place felt abandoned. There were about 2 or 3 other tables and one of them was engaged in an uncomfortable and loud-ish difference of opinion. By 9:30 it was only us (there were 3 of us) and at 10 they told us they were locking the doors soon. So, no...not great ambience. Additionally, the place felt a little stark for what I think of as fine French. No real decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLJCCDined on 1/28/2014Wonderful evening and great spot to celebrate and catch up with a close friend. Resataurant was quiet on a Tuesday evening but waiter was attentive, knowledgeable and courteous. We didn't order it but at the end of the meal, he surprised us with a slice of birthday cake with a candle, for my friend. Excellent evening all around. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure.CilantroDined on 1/26/2014Once again the food and the service make this place shine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Gem in Toronto!Fun2dineDined on 1/11/2014What a surprise! I had an amazing experience with this Bistro. Small and cozy. Love the traditional French dishes and yet with a choice of Chef's special. We both tried their soups special: Cream of Mushroom and Lobster bisque. Both got a 10 from us. Lovely evening. Satisfying and yet affordable. Great job! Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014Good food, nice atmosphere, excellent service and easy to walk to! I enjoyed the mushroom soup and the Steak Frites and my wife enjoyed the French onion soup and Snapper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all-roundMuseumbuffsDined on 12/28/2013We were at the Left Bank Bistro shortly after the ice storm, and things were very quiet - nice for us, but they deserve more business than they had that night. The menu is impressive: an appropriately limit range, so they're not trying to do things they're not good at, and you know things are fresh. From what we saw, the service would be good even with a crowd. We will certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood placeAppalledDined on 12/23/2013Wonderful, warm service. We had the classics there - french onion soup and steak frites, and they did not disappoint. Other dishes could use a bit more work (the duck confit fettucini). Stick with the classics and you'll want to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit was very enjoyable.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2013Our first visit was very enjoyable. Everyone enjoyed the tasty food and remarked on the excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left Bank on the AvenueRebeccaDined on 11/16/2013For our first time there, we enjoyed our lunch. The daily omelette was fresh and very tasty-arugula and mushrooms with salad. The waiter was most accommodating and very friendly. He made us feel very welcome. The menu for lunch was varied from crepes-both savoury and sweet to a burger. Of course there was quiche as well. I hope the restaurant catches on in the neighbourhood as it is a gem. Great place to have a bite and actually talk with friends over good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FavouriteBettyandBillDined on 11/9/2013We had a fantastic dinner the other night. Food was very, very good, service was outstanding and value for money was high. We will be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in North York!BirdieDined on 11/3/2013The Left Bank Bistro is a fabulous choice if you enjoy refined French food prepared with love and served with humour and style. The owner is originally from Montreal and really knows what great and authentic French onion soup is as well and moules in garlic sauce and superb gallic dishes. The ambiance is chic but not over-the -top and the noise level is unobtrusive. Delightful! BirdieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not bad but notPinnheadVIPDined on 10/12/2013The food was not bad but not outstanding. The service was friendly but a bit slow. Good desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!MireilleVIPDined on 10/6/2013Great brunch experience. Food and service was outstanding. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend BrunchHeatherBDined on 10/5/2013I've driven past this place a few times and always wanted to pop in. This weekend I did! Great little french bistro with a lot of choice. I started with the french onion soup which was outstanding. Most soups are usually all broth but this was loaded with onion and cheese. Totally recommend. Next I had the mushroom and spinach crepe. Not a fan of the crepe itself because it was a little doughy for me, but still packed with flavor. Came with a side green salad which was just enough. Server was an older french man who made our experience very nice and always greeted us with a smile. Very affordable, will be going back for an evening meal at some point .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service at gemjacksVIPDined on 10/5/2013the brunch at Left Bank was great. service was outstanding. had a great time. highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were veryballetbuffDined on 8/12/2013Food and service were very good. Arugula salad was very tasty. Will return.Special Features:
- Epic food, good price, great feel!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/11/2013The food was amazing, the coffee was top notch, the ambience was perfect, the outdoor patio was relaxing, and the server was friendly, personable and reliable. Absolutely a must for ANYONE and EVERYONE - I will definitely be going back again!Special Features:
- new owner, altered menu,gastronomegourmandVIPDined on 8/10/2013Have known chefs cuisine for many years. Used p to be inventive, light, nicely presented. New menu much heavier. Now salads oversalted, uses too much whipped cream, dessert recipes have changed to heavy. Masyukis creations are being denatured..Very disappointing.
- lacked in ambience, too bigOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2013lacked in ambience, too big not very intimate the food was delicious though poor wine listI would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not as stellarOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/27/2013Service was not as stellar as previous visits to this restaurant.
- great Brunch & PatioTOfoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2013my first time here. Had the special lobster Benedict AMAZING!!! cant wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, competent local restoBenna9VIPDined on 6/30/2013A quiet, straightforward French style restaurant in an area of north Avenue Road that doesn't have a lot of places for special occasions. Not a large or fashionable menu by Toronto norms, but the French standard dishes are well done, the service is competent and friendly, and the wine list suitable. Not crowded, but deserves attention as I've never had a disappointing meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of our faves, despite ...saphireintoVIPDined on 6/17/2013We live in the area and have been coming to the restaurant since it has been open. On this particular occasion we were a party of 7, celebrating a birthday on a Monday evening. We had with us 3 children, one of which needed a booster. The restaurant does not provide any. The restaurant was quite busy, partly due to a $0 corkage special on a Monday evening. There were only 2 servers available for the entire place. Our server was less than satisfactory. We had to request bread, get our own salt & pepper, and wait a while to order. A simple smile would have pacified the situation, but none was provided. We would still come back, as we really like the food ... but will hope for a different server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All in all it was a reasonableLoveFineDinningDined on 6/16/2013All in all it was a reasonable experience. The entrée's were good but the accompaniments were very bland. The staff were fun but not polished. The wine list was below standard however the Châteauneuf-du-Pape that we ordered was good for $70. With a little more work it will be a great place.
- Live Guitar Adds to the AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2013We were celebrating an adult birthday, and this was the perfect spot. The waiter was attentive without being OTT and the food extremely good. The server placed a candle on our dessert without me asking him to do so. Nice touch. We asked to have an ingredient removed from one of the mains - the waiter happily made that request, and replaced the item with more of other ingredients. The one-man guitar entertainment was very enjoyable. Not too loud, but great background sound - and a very accomplished guitarist. Bravo! I would recommend The Left Bank for small and large gatherings. We were there on a quiet Friday night in June, but we've been there on winter weekends, and the place was hopping - in a good way. Thanks, Left Bank!Special Features:
- Left Bank Bistro very enjoyableMarikaDined on 5/31/2013A very pleasant setting, an oasis of calm and relaxation. The service was very attentive. The food was excellent and plentiful, even the salad was substantial in size and deliciously fresh. The mushroom soup was creamy and subtly flavoured; the steak and frites juicy and crunchy. The pièce de résistance was the crème caramel, a perfect finish to a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- the place on avenue RdfussydinerDined on 5/25/2013i must say this is a hidden gem on Avenue Rd. The chef at Left Bank Bistro is doing magic. The french onion soup was to die for and my wife had one of the best Arugula salads she has ever had. I had the daily fish special of Sea scallops that were cooked to perfection seared crispy and just warm in the centre with a basqueae sauce that was delightful. My spouse had duck confit on paperdelle that had flavours that were out of this world. There wine list is average and prices reasonable, i would highly recommed this restaurant. The wait staff are knowledgable and professionale. We will be back to check out there new brunch menu that looks great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the 4-course specialgastronomegourmandVIPDined on 4/22/2013Enjoyed the 4-course special tasting menu - excellent choices, very well prepared, expertly served.Special Features: