117 Perry Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://leftbanknewyork.com/
- Phone: 2127271170x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday, 5pm-11pm
Friday and Saturday, 5pm-12am
Sunday and Monday 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Laurence Edelman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Wine
- Catering: We do both on and off site, full service catering. We have the professional know-how to help make your event all that it can and should be.
- Special Events: Since our opening in 2011, we have hosted corporate holiday parties, bridal showers, business conferences, wedding receptions, birthday parties and anniversaries to name a few.
Consider our Private Cellar for parties of 20 people or less.
Email email@example.com, or call 212.727.1170 to get the ball rolling.
A word from Left Bank
Left Bank is at its core an American tavern, inspired by Greenwich Village itself, and influenced by European sensibilities. From our landmarked building in Manhattan's historic district, large bay windows on both sides reflect our open-book, unpretentious style of cooking and service. Our food is inspired by our local farmers, recipes of days gone by, and the relationships we have with our guests. Left Bank continues to evolve with an entrepreneurial spirit and a sincere desire to serve simple, wholesome, delicious food and drink to New Yorkers and passersby.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Left Bank reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (51)romantic (42)special occasion (27)good for groups (19)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (15)hot spot (15)scenic view (7)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Returning soonChrisVIPDined on 8/28/2014Fantastic service for my table of 3. After the meal was finished, we weren't rushed at all and were allowed to stay for a few more hours. Lovely staff, imaginative menu, great food & fun cocktails.Special Features:
- Discerning DinerDiscerningDinerDined on 8/21/2014I visited this restaurant with my wife and young adult children (19 and 16), all of whom live in Madrid. We've got over not having wine served to our children (new but not such a big deal - mainly because it has never been taboo and therefore never overly desirous on their part) but not the noise levels of the average no-music, not a sports bar locale. The food and service were both adequate but the dining experience was, quite frankly, ruined by the sheer volume that a relatively small number of patrons are capable of producing in this place. This was all the more surprising given that we specifically chose the place on the basis of some source that mentioned conversation was possible. Normally food is our only concern, here noise is too.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/18/2014Wonderful spot for Happy Hour. Great wine and loved the pasta with bolognese.Special Features:
- Always excellent food, great vibe!msbnyVIPDined on 8/17/2014Left Bank is a charming restaurant with a great menu and great staff. We've been here numerous times, on our own, with friends and family and have arranged some fantastic birthday celebrations. The food is inventive with seasonal additions/changes. The chef knows how to cook all proteins beautifully as well as everything else. This recent visit most of us had pasta dishes and they were fantastic. I had a swiss chard souffle appetizer and it was excellent. I could have had several! I must add the August Sunday night movie events are awesome!!! What fun. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- lovely eveningMarylandFoodieDined on 8/10/2014I would heartily recommend Left Bank for a special dinner. The nicoise pasta salad and the swiss chard cake were delicious, 2 items I haven't seen elsewhere. In addition, the staff was very flexible when I showed up >1 hour late due to subway issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best NYC Rest.Week MealsplatespottingVIPDined on 8/5/2014Came for Restaurant Week Aug. 2014 and was thoroughly impressed with food and drink. Started with a cocktail, International Stud - delicious and refreshing minty gin concoction. For dinner both my friend and I had the steak tartare - wonderful. For dinner, my friend had the capricci bolognese which was cooked al dente - excellent choice. When I thought nothing could top that flavor, I tasted my order: the bavette steak - divine! The meat was cooked to absolute medium rare perfection. The butter was a bit salty so I probably should not have used all of it. Nonetheless, an excellent meal! Will definitely come back and with more people even after Restaurant Week is done! New favorite in the West Village!Special Features:
- LuekiDined on 8/1/2014The service was great; the waiter remembered my special request, which I made for my friend's birthday to bring a dessert with some special surprise they offered. Although my friend picked other dessert than I originally picked, he brought her picked one with a candle. I was amazed his service. But her main course, pasta was so hard like a rock,much harder than al dente.She didn't enjoy the food.
- Left Bank Great Place!!ProsperoXDined on 8/1/2014Love the corner neighborhood location. The ambience is well thought of. The service was great. The food presentation was inviting as was my overall dining experience was. My palette was enjoying every part of the meal from the appetizer to the desert! Appreciated restaurant week participator. Great place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting popularEatOutOftenVIPDined on 7/30/2014And deservedly so. We dine at Left Bank at least once a month, and the food is always good, with plenty of new and interesting options on the menu every time we go. It's been a bit noisy the last few times, but that's for obvious reasons. We'll continue to dine at Left Bank despite the uptick in volume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot in the VillageKyBeDined on 7/30/2014Went during Restaurant Week; the menu was simple but creative. The food was delicious. Definitely leave room for dessert! Service was professional and attentive. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Really enjoyed the food, the wine pairings, the cocktails and the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow despite an empty restaurant.NrcnycDined on 7/28/2014Tried this out for restaurant week. The food was tasty but for an empty restaurant the service was very slow. Our drinks came out with the apps only after asking 3 people about where they were. We waited a long time between courses - could understand if it was crowed but only 3 tables were taken in the dining area. Wouldn't return.
- jsalVIPDined on 7/28/2014Went here for Restaurant Week dinner. I'm surprised by the good reviews as I thought the food was not good at all. We tried 4 different appetizers, 3 entrees and all 3 desserts. The steak tartare was tasteless. The giant shells nicoise was undercooked. If you really have to eat here, I recommend the chicken entree and the chocolate brownie. Not impressive but not as bad as the others. Service was slow and inconsistent. Some staff were apologetic, others indifferent. The place was nice but the acoustics need improvement.
- Another Great ExperiencecupojoeDined on 7/28/2014I've dined here several times, this time to bring associate for her first visit. The service was attentive, food exceptional and the overall experience memorable. This is one of Buffalo's best restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little gemMarcyJoeDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I went here for the first time because of restaurant week. Everything was delicious and fresh. The service staff was great and attentive. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014I've been here twice now and both times the food was just delicious, the service friendly, conscientious and impeccable and the whole meal just a delight. I feel confident there will be a third time.Special Features:
- The food was impeccable.bkbijouDined on 7/24/2014nothing that we ordered that was anything less than astounding. We came for restaurant week. I had the tomato salad (amazing !) my friend had the fish soup (she is picky and was cooing, "yum" the entire time). mains I had the Farfelle mushroom pasta (rich but not overfilling, the pasta is homemade and light and fluffy). She had the fish, It had a crusty outside and moist flaky inside. For desert we had the brownie a la mode and the little icecream filled donut things. The brownie was so rich I probably had 3 bites. It made a wonderful treat to go with afternoon tea the next day. My friend was not as impressed with the mini donut things but I honestly think its because we were over stuffed. Service was attentive. Crowd was stuffySpecial Features:
- friendly and welcomingEugeneHDined on 7/23/2014We had wonderful evening - friendly, welcoming staff and the waiter really took care of us. The iron roasted chicken was excellent. We would definitely consider a return visit.Special Features:
- Extra Al DentaBwitzDined on 7/23/2014I went here during restaurant week, so admittedly volume was high and prices were low, but I thought the experience was a bit disappointing. I ordered a giant shells with tuna dish, and the noodles were totally undercooked. The meal had promise, but the grainy noodles ruined it. I was with my dad who got chicken and this was actually delicious. I probably ate as much of his dish as I did of mine. As for the service, it was not exactly attentive. It was restaurant week and we didn't order any drinks, but still... we spent a long time waiting around for our waiter to check on us. This restaurant has potential, but with the number of faux pas committed that night I'm not sure it's worth a second visit.
- Good food, ehh decorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014We went for Restaurant Week and chose the restaurant based on location more than anything else. The rest of my party was 15 minutes late but the host was very accommodating and set me up with a drink. When the rest of them arrived, we were seated immediately. The food was fairly good, the portions maybe a little small. I think the thing I didn't love was the decor- the chairs had animal print on them? And the restaurant is on such a nice street but there are hardly any windows. So great food, good drinks, great service, in need of a decorator.Special Features:
- particularly good for early birdstriviumDined on 7/15/2014It's a lovely restaurant. The food and service were both great. The dining room feels like a restaurant for grown-ups, if that makes any sense. It does tend to get too loud, though, so there's a benefit to going early.Special Features:
- Another West Village GemEthylAlcoholDined on 5/28/2014I can't get enough of this neighborhood. Another flawless dining experience. I ordered an exquisite ravioli dish, but it seems like everything is delicious.Special Features:
- Solid AllroundMaritandAndrewDined on 5/27/2014We had seen Left Bank reviews and had walked past the place and thought it looked cosy and local. The food was fine.... nothing outstanding but generally good, for the price we thought it was reasonable. There was a birthday / work celebration going on whilst we were there which was probably a bit of a distraction. The service was OK.... but again nothing special. Thought it was a nice place to go for a week night out but probably wouldn't recommend it for a special occasion.
- OutstandingRocketDined on 5/24/2014An absolutely wonderful dining experience. The food, the service, the atmosphere were just extraordinary. Our server Daniel was just the absolute best. So glad we have such a special place in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limitedBethDined on 5/15/2014Very limited selection of entrees and none were enticing. The appetizers and small plates were more interesting.
- hidden gem in west villageValFromParisVIPDined on 5/8/2014We went for dinner to this place, it was our first time. The food is great and they have a really nice wine list!Special Features:
- Meets Every NeedJILLVIPDined on 5/8/2014Order the lobster puffs! Sort of like profiteroles, but stuffed with lobster and topped with a savory, creamy sauce. They're listed under snacks, just two to an order, but sufficient for a first course, too. The fried potatoes with Parmesan and herbs are another don't-miss. Such a perfect place--a nice buzz in the room, but not too loud; good for any occasion, from Tuesday night with a pal to an anniversary dinner, neither kid-stuff nor too formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great discoverynyartistDined on 5/4/2014I've been living in the West Village just 5 blocks from Left Bank and decided to try it out for my girlfriends birthday dinner. I was a little skeptical but came away feeling I had found a neighborhood favorite. It was unpretentious, the food (chicken and spaghetti) were really good, service was also. I just liked the atmosphere. I'm not one for fancy places where you have to wear suites and ties - hell with that. No way will I not go back.Special Features:
- The following 243 reviews are from the Left Bank reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Service was slow - waited 45 min between appetizers and the mains.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2014The menu options were unique and delicious. Great spot for small plates or a full meal. Wine and beer lists were great. The server was also friendly and helpful in making decisions when we ordered. Will definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turned TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/12/2014They changed the style and menu this week (April 2014) to more casual bistro tavern. Still excellent food but more lively (loud) inside. I'd never seen the restaurant as crowded as it was on Friday evening. Still excellent food and the service was good. I will return. Hostess was was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemdjlevVIPDined on 4/12/2014Left Bank is a welcoming and informal place to have a great meal. The service has always been topnotch. The servers know their food and aren't afraid to give opinions when asked and steer the diners in the right direction. The barperson makes generous and creative cocktails. We've had their dumplings, salads, soups, fish dishes and vegetarian dinners and always left happy and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent RestaurantSOSYDined on 4/12/2014We'v been here a few times. Their chicken is so good, you end up remembering it and wanting more. Very fresh and inventive menu, but not extensive, which is good. The Lobster puffs are great too. The potatoes make you fight with your meal mates for your share. The steak was perfectly prepared as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurant before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014dined here recently with my wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary and before attending a show so glad that we did and we would highly recommend that others do as well part of a charming and walkable area of the West Village Once some external construction is completed there will likely be outdoor/cafe style seating and dining as well we visited during their happy hour (5-7PM) which worked well with a show we planned to attend later in the evening the menu is varied and eclectic and of great value during this timeframe--$20 for two small plates and an app; or one app and one pasta excellent and gracious service We certainly hope to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst sits in the houseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Food was very good and our waiter attentive (even though he never brought us bread and all the other tables had). Why do I give them a 1 Star?. Plain and simple, they have a table where there should be one. We were sitting by the bathroom which is also by the bar which is also by the kitchen. So every 30 seconds someone will hit my chair as I was trying to eat. You may not think its a big deal but most of the people hitting my chair where the busboys and they didn't apologize once! After the meal I was looking for my phone In my jacket (which was stepped on many times) and a busboy hit me hard on the elbow as he was running to the kitchen and didn't even turn around to apologize
- Enjoyed our mealperfumejunkieVIPDined on 3/21/2014My husband, a friend, and I had a great meal here. Their steak tartare is the best I've had! The lobster puffs were also to die for.Special Features:
- Reliable neighborhood bistroL0la132VIPDined on 3/13/2014We live in the neighborhood and eat at Left Bank frequently. The menu, while short, is varied. The dishes reflect the seasons outside and, sometimes, the weather. The chicken is always delicious, as are the Brussels sprouts. The pastas are good. The room is unpretentious and the service willing if not always polished. We are fortunate to have this excellent bistro as out "local".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eaten once at the bar andNoMadDined on 3/8/2014Eaten once at the bar and was a very nice atomosphere, barman, cocktails, service and food. Then wanted to check the seated experience with a group of 4 friends and was equally enjoyable! The small size restaurant makes it ideal for a small group to spend a great night! Food was delicious, but for desserts the menu was thin, so we checked out and went to another place nearby (The Marrow) where the patisserie chef did a wonderful work, along with the barman!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went with friends for RWOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/6/2014I went with friends for RW dinner. Our server was rude and rushed. She ignored us when we asked for water, instead helping tables of people with similar backgrounds to hers. The Brussels Sprouts appetizer had bites that were under-seasoned and bites that were too salty. The short ribs were very fatty. The menu said it was served with hominy yet the plate was covered in soggy corn nuts/kernels. I had the brownie a la mode for dessert which was nothing special. Other friends had the maple syrup pie and they said it was too sweet to eat. The menu said it was served with creme fraiche and I didn't see any on the plate. All of the desserts were swimming in confectioner's sugar. While the restaurant had a great feel, I won't be back.
- Fun for restaurant week or reg menuElle0330Dined on 3/5/2014Great offering on the restaurant week menu. Many places had limited options, which is why we chose Left Bank in the first place, to see some variety. Went with a chef friend and another experience food industry friend who agreed that the menu items were particularly interesting. Would definitely return and check out the regular menu, as we were told that it changes a lot on a daily basis. Fish was fresh, lamb was very well seasoned and cooked. Pasta didn't seem to be homemade but still delicious. Cocktails are tiny, should have gone with the option of a $25 extra for wine pairing. Fun for a date, with friends, or a mixed group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.