601 KING ST WEST
Toronto, ON M5V 1M5Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.susur.com/
- Phone: 4165047867x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Susur Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lee
LEE is an exciting, vibrant urban destination. Crafted by Chef Susur Lee and his dedicated kitchen staff, the menu at LEE is an exciting culinary experience where guests are invited to share and sample a wide variety of smaller dishes. Visitors can expect rapid and professional service with a wine list of approximately 50 eclectically sourced wines providing the versatility needed to compliment the diversity of the dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Lee reviews from OpenTable diners
236 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (172)special occasion (144)hot spot (102)good for groups (90)romantic (70)neighborhood gem (58)great for outdoor dining (36)vibrant bar scene (31)late-night find (27)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (18)scenic view (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- All I Hoped ForBreezeyDined on 9/20/2014Been wanting to try Lee for a very long time. Foodie friends, who had been there for Summerlicious loved it so much they were happy to join us. The service, food and ambiance were all outstanding. We had the slaw, which everyone who has been there, insisted we get. I would eat that everyday if I could. Other highlights were the beef tacos, lobster ravioli and lamb chops. The service was first rate, and Susur Lee should be proud of his staff who work so well as a team. Our only comment is the initial pacing of the dishes. At first we felt that a few things came out a bit too fast but the pace did change once we commented. I would go back in a second and everyone who enjoys wonderful food, this is a must try.Special Features:
- Complex and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Finally a restaurant with complex flavours that excite the senses. Doesn't matter if you're a vegetarian or carnivore, there is something imaginative and delicious for everyone. Not what you'd cook at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- even better than expected!EarlyMarchDined on 9/19/2014We had been meaning to try Lee for a look ng time and I'm so glad we finally did. Not cheap, but we expwctwd that and it was absolutely worth the money. We had Singapore Slaw, beef tacos, and chicken curry. Everything was just fantastic. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lee's - pride in service & quality!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2014Have dined many times here and always pleased! Servers are knowledgeable in their dishes and presentation is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The coleslawsdvictoryDined on 9/16/2014If you love salads, this one is a must for your taste buds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentFortheluvoffoodDined on 9/15/2014I love this restaurant. My third time and enjoyed it tremendously.. Brought a friend whom had never been and she loved it. The slaw always my favorite but the scallops are to die for. The taco special was also very delicious. Also had a sangria made with rose that was very tasty. Thank you for another amazing meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAsianloveDined on 9/13/2014Fabulous TIFF special menu - Susur and company never disappointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhoenixDined on 9/12/2014Food was fantastic! Service was very pushy...wanted you to get in get out. Even asked us at one point that we needed to leave in order to have the table for the next reservation. Very insulting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavegasmanVIPDined on 9/12/2014service was slow to start. very little privacy as tables very close together. the food was fantastic. the singapore slaw was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real TreatsweetzeatZDined on 9/9/2014Though I live in the neighbourhood, it's always exciting to have dinner and cocktails at Lee. Great dining experience, amazing fare and knowledgeable professional service all around. Knowing that chef Lee is quite busy with his new babies Bent and Luckee, it was a real treat to meet the man himself and have him work his magic in the kitchen that evening! It was my second time dining in at Lee in two weeks and I'll definitely be back soon. CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rush,rush, rushOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Although some of the food at Lee's was superb (particularly the 'slaw' which I found the best salad dish I have EVER eaten) the rushed tone of the service (including the fact that our second course was served to the table as we were still eating our first course) and the somewhat strange manner of one waiter who didn't seem to be following what was being asked, added to an uncomfortable tone for the evening. There was no apology when we broached this subject, simply a statement from the waiter that it was Saturday night. Not good enough.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it!TOfoodDined on 9/4/2014Like the duck wrap. The foie gras paste adds a nice modern twist to the traditional preparation. My 17 year old budding foodie loved it. A casual smart place for easy dining. Service staff was attentive.Special Features:
- FullinTorontoDined on 9/2/2014Lee is a must stop when you're in Toronto. The food was fantastic and the overall experience is one we'll remember for years to come. The highlight for us was the ribs, yummy and the signature salad was also something to remember. The restaurant did a great job at pacing the food delivery so we never felt rushed, but were able to finish within 2 hours (their requested table limit).Special Features:
- Go for the SLAWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014The Singapore slaw lived up to its reputation...vibrant, fresh and awe inspiring..those veggies were jullienned to perfection!! The Cheeseburger rolls were also AMAZING.. definitely NOT first date food, but so divine: basically a deconstructed cheeseburger, its the juiciest most divine burger patty smooshed into a spring roll, topped with spicy cheese, sitting on a bed of unions and lettuce...a MUST try! I ordered the Mayan Solstice at the bar (gin and tequila drink) was a bit stiff for my liking but maybe I should have expected that...? I coughed for 5 mins after my first sipSpecial Features:
- Phenomenal all aroundTraceystweetzDined on 8/28/2014This was probably one of the most memorable meals of my adult life. Everything was perfect from the drinks to the wait staff to the food. Chef Lee came around to every table to see how his guests were enjoying themselves. Class act all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chelso6Dined on 8/27/2014I took my wife for her birthday, When making the reservation, I had ask to have something arrange for the dessert time, unfortunately, our waiter remember until we got the bill, but he manage to fix something before we left and had other waiter to sign to my wife Happy Birthday, which was kind of cute and funny. Overall our Lee experience was good, the salad at the beginning is the best part of the meal so far. Delicious appetizer, love the lamb with the lentils and fried bananas, that is an amazing dish; Scallops were kind of rubbery for my taste and the sorbets for dessert were not very appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heartbreak and cole slawThunderdomeDined on 8/25/2014Went in a second date with this awesome girl. She ended up making out with my brother, but the meal was so good I thought the night was a win overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started off the perfect eveningYumBucketDined on 8/23/2014I went with a date with a 6:30pm reservation. They gave us a choice of outside or in and we took the patio because of the beautiful weather. The service was amazing, perfect timing for everything and very attentive. Without question the waiter says, "so we're starting off with the slaw?" Bang on. We also ordered the Top Chef curry chick and Black cod. This time around the Slaw was still amazing but the flavours and textures of the other 2 dishes were fantastic as well! 1 bad thing would be the cleanliness of the table. There was some meat in the cracks of the table. For that reason I'd only dine inside.Special Features:
- Great design but awful servicemattyDined on 8/21/2014I had such high hopes going into the restaurant as it had such good reviews. Place is beautiful and great little patio. Service was very slow even though there was plenty of staff on the floor. When I asked for a drink menu it came after 30min. Timing between plates was to long and even though I would have ordered more food having to wait so long had me wanting to leave. The table next to me made the cement on how they were irritated at how slow everything was.Special Features:
- Even better the second time aroundchristin1988Dined on 8/20/2014This was my second time at Lee. I brought my friends who were visiting from the UK and they were thoroughly blown away by the amazing food and atmosphere of the restaurant. My favourite place in Toronto!Special Features:
- Great food, not so great service.hererighthereDined on 8/19/2014The food was amazing and everything we could have hoped for. Oysters: really fresh! Slaw: amazing. Green curry: amazing. Braised beef: good but probably too "beefy". Panna cotta: take it or leave it. Chocolate rice dumplings: delicious! Service on the other hand could have been way better. We mentioned to her twice that we don't eat pork and the first thing she brought out had bacon. We waited 15min for our plates to be cleared after dinner and about another 10min for her to take our dessert order. We also mentioned we were celebrating an anniversary. Which she forgot and came out to ask us again before dessert. Smooth — not smooth. They brought out a candle with dessert. When it came time for the bill she wasn't even around.Special Features:
- fantastic fusionPublishDined on 8/18/2014Lee came very highly recommended, so expectations were for nothing less than a stellar evening. I am happy to report that expectations were not only met, but exceeded. From the cocktails right through to dessert, each item was well thought out, carefully crafted, well executed, and served with great style. The food is beautiful, the staff is not only knowledgeable, but seems truly pleased to be working here. Drinks and dishes are explained in detail and with great joy. DEFINITELY eat the signature slaw, but I cannot imagine being disappointed in any of the dishes. Go with a bunch of friends and share everything so you can try more of this amazing food. Lee is worth a trip to Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChazVIPDined on 8/16/2014Didn't much like it although my wife did Seemed fake and kitchy to me. It was so very fusion that the original cuisines got lost. Server sold aggressively which I'm not used to. However, place was packed so I guess I'm a minority view.
- Outstanding mealCMD1Dined on 8/16/2014The meal was so good, we went back again the same week. Not to be missed.Special Features:
- a must in Toronto!!!!disapointingVIPDined on 8/15/2014When in Toronto, this is a new experience to Asian cuisine. Chef Lee mixes flavors with a distinctive approach. A must when visiting Toronto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for special occassionsElleSeeDined on 8/15/2014We were a party of three for Friday night, 6:15 p.m. reservation. To say 'amazing' would be an understatement. Each dish was beautifully crafted with the most savory flavours. To top it off, the cocktails were phenomenal and their was a great vibe to the place. The Manager of the restaurant was very attentive to all patrons and our servers were well groomed, informed, professional and courteous. Made for a fantastic evening. We were lucky enough to meet Susur himself as we were celebrating a milestone birthday! What a treat. Such a nice humble yet talented man. I am heading back there in 2 weeks but just cause I feel like it. :) No need for a special occassion anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually love LeeLove2dineDined on 8/14/2014I have been to Lee perhaps 4 times- I loved it each time so when I was choosing restaurant to celebrate a birthday- I thought it would be a special night. Only time I could get a res was 6:30- we checked in and although not busy were told table was ready - yet left us at the bar for 20 minutes. Then we were seated in the brighter, calmer side of the place- which I had never sat there- and didn't want to- I was footing the bill for 6, I wanted a special night, I was going to order for the table and the waitress suggested I do a taste menu- I did- and we were all hungry when we left. I should have done what I was going to do and ordered multiple dishes to share. Bill was $$$$$- the portions were small and we only had 5 courses-3 HOURS-3*Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly StaffKingWestMDined on 8/14/2014If you are ok with being treated like you don't belong there, you'll enjoy it! I've visited for many different occasions and though not all of the wait staff are pretentious, there are several who are. Consistently. The food is delicious. Just don't expect a fantastic experience.
- Outstanding night!MarinaDined on 8/13/2014Our diner at Lee Restaurant was an excellent experience; the food and service were outstanding. It was a bit busy and noisy when we got there but once we got to our table it was a great, unique experience. We already recommended to our friends and they thanked us afterwards.Special Features:
- Incredible Food!pwebahDined on 8/8/2014Food is absolutely incredible. The Chef's slaw is a must order. Presentation is wonderfully creative. Service is very efficient, attentive and fast. We have been there several times and the food and service are always wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Food is so disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My mom and I went to this restaurant for dinner because of its high rating on Yelp, yet it was a total dissapointment. The service is excellent, but it would not save a restaurant that serves mediocre food. The so called Asian Fusion cuisine, is merely an entertainment to people who haven't tasted authentic Asian or international fusion cuisine. Some of the dishes are indeed cooked in a creative way, especially some side sauces, but the composition of individual dish is quite unsophisticated. The signature salad, Singapore Slaw, tasted refreshing at first, but the portion is too huge, and it got really cloying when you have some more. For the Thai skewers and black cod, they were made too oily that we didn't even finish one third of them.Special Features:
- Lee on kingI8hereDined on 8/7/2014Cool to experience some 'iron chef' dining! The slaw really was AMAZING!! Other dishes were also very good. Service was very good-attentive and they explained all the dishes as they were served. The one negative was the drink 'feature' was sangria...tasty, but hardly worth $16 for a tiny glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LeeMarJanDined on 8/7/2014The food never disappoints. I always know that I'll be eating way more than I can fit, simply because the food is irresistible. The atmosphere always has a cool vibe and service is bang on. My favourite restaurant in Toronto, hands down.Special Features:
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Restaurants with this caliber food are not common. It's on the pricey side but you will forget all about the expense once you taste the first bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great DiningLuv2dineoutDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I visit Lee a number of times per year and rate it as one of our top choices in Toronto. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice vibe but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I ate at Lee this past weekend when in town for our anniversary. We are both vegetarian and Lee was recommended to us for that reason. The food was good, but we were left a little deflated as the portions were small and, therefore, in my opinion, overpiced. Our favorite dish was the Mexican Goat Cheese Tart. Food aside, the service was outstanding and helped make up for our overall experience.
- You must tryDiKen4food2eatDined on 8/1/2014You must try their speciality dish.... amazing salad with 19 ingrédients. 2 die 4!Special Features:
- lunchingladyVIPDined on 8/1/2014We did not know they had a 15 min late policy and they made a big deal about us being 20 min late. But the restaurant was certainly not full and we had searched on the street for it walking past several times until we noticed the discrete sign board sitting on the pavement. The noise level in the restaurant was extremely loud so we chose to sit outside where it was quieter with trucks and ambulances screaming by and the general hurly burly of King street. The seats were not comfortable but the food was excellent and the wait staff very attentive so that all being said we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- LEE RESTAURANTNPooDined on 7/30/2014The food is presented to the middle of the table to encourage sharing which is great as you need to taste every dish that comes to your table. My husband and I ordered 4 dishes and it was one too many. But which one would we have cut out???? That would be a very difficult decision because each dish was a taste sensation. We had the black cod, beef tacos, Peking Duck and steak tartare. The only problem was the neighbouring table was a little too close. We will certainly be returning and next time we will try their signature dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2014Very attentive and helpful with ensuring nut free experience for my son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.