601 KING ST WEST
Toronto, ON M5V 1M5Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.susur.com/
- Phone: 4165047867x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Susur Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lee
LEE is an exciting, vibrant urban destination. Crafted by Chef Susur Lee and his dedicated kitchen staff, the menu at LEE is an exciting culinary experience where guests are invited to share and sample a wide variety of smaller dishes. Visitors can expect rapid and professional service with a wine list of approximately 50 eclectically sourced wines providing the versatility needed to compliment the diversity of the dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lee reviews from OpenTable diners
262 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (195)special occasion (155)hot spot (122)good for groups (99)romantic (71)neighborhood gem (64)vibrant bar scene (34)great for outdoor dining (30)late-night find (28)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014would of rated much higher but so noisy we could not hear each other speak and had to wait quite a while for drinks and dessertSpecial Features:
- Wine listSteveVIPDined on 10/28/2014Rather light and several ideal wines were out of stock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014the Singapore slaw was phenomenal, oysters were yummy - great bacon chutney, heirloom tomato dish was nice and light, lamb was delicious. We went back two days after to get slaw take-out -- just as delicious :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ImpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/24/2014Brought some out-of-town friends here for dinner and we were all extremely impressed with every dish we ordered. They have some new additions to the menu along with their signature classics. Amazing flavours and creativity was evident in the singapore slaw, the cheeseburger springrolls, the tiger shrimp, and the braised beef. Our waiter was friendly, helpful and professional, and the vibe in the restaurant was fun and energetic. Overall, it was a fantatstic meal and everyone loved Lee. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lee SlawOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014So we've eaten here 3 times in the last couple years and always get his signature slaw. I love it but even a dressing junkie like me has to admit, they could ease off a bit. Though they toss quite thoroughly at the table, the last quarter of the dish is near inedible from the sweetness and volume of dressing.Special Features:
- Amazing culinary experience !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014The service and food were amazing and sursur lee came and chatted with us personally and took photos .The food was like art !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousmarikatfoodDined on 10/23/2014We were seated at a rose coloured table for two in a romantically lit section of the restaurant. All of the dishes we tried - oysters, lobster ravioli, green curry chicken, singapore slaw were delicious. The flavours in each of the dishes meshed in an incredible way to produce joyous effects in the mouth. Our favourites were the lobster ravioli and the chicken - which practically melted in your mouth. The only thing slightly lacking was the service - our waiter was attentive but had a bit of an over the top attitude.Special Features:
- LeemnbnycVIPDined on 10/23/2014Mr Lee is obviously a very talented chef. His Singapore slaw is absolutely a winner with 19 different ingredients, tossed at the table. The result is delicious, however, there is the rub. All the food we had was very tasty but the multiple ingredients sometimes mask one another and do little to enhance the overall flavor of the dishes. Perhaps keeping it a bit simpler would work as well. This is to take nothing away from a very pleasant dining experience indeed and this restaurant is worthy of the praise it gets. It can get a little noisy if there are large groups as there were when we wre there but that is modern dining. Service was excellent witha knowledgeable, helpful and courteous waiter.Special Features:
- Just all-around fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014I had a friend visit from Boston, and wanted to choose a restaurant that held Toronto up to its standards....I'm so glad I chose Lee because it did exactly that! The fusion of Asian cuisine with contemporary flavours and styles was perfect, and the atmosphere and neighbourhood added to the delight of it all. Every dish we had was amazing and unique. I will definitely be coming back here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Top class food and service. The only issue was the noise level.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingDMACDined on 10/16/2014Have eaten at Lee several times whenever possible when I visit Toronto. The food was spectacular as always including a couple of dishes I have never tried, including the Beet Salad and the Tofu. Still one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. I will keep coming back.Special Features:
- a place to gosunshineVIPDined on 10/15/2014great food second time there and still a pleaser coleslaw and fries are to die for great service-we were there early so it was quiet and easy to talk food is different, tasty and delicious what a greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysthechewreviewDined on 10/14/2014This visit to Lee was great as always! Dishes eaten: 1) SLAW - obviously 2) Cheeseburger Spring Rolls - less meat and more cheese than I remembered :( 3) Beef Tacos - Spicier than the last time - still very tasty 4) Assam Satay - the beef was definitely the most tasty 5) Wild King Shrimp - delicious surprise! Love the soy crumble 6) Lettuce Wraps with Chicken - also a delicious surprise - amazing take on Asian/Mexican Fusion 7) Molten Chocolate Cake - perfect mix of crispy outside and melted oozing inside - delish!Special Features:
- Mediocre at best.valleedurhoneDined on 10/11/2014The space is nicely put together and the ambiance was quite pleasant. Nothing was objectively awful, but nothing was great either. The service lacked any attention to detail and all felt tired or greatly overworked. The food hit all the right notes on paper, but the finished product failed to deliver. The signature slaw was by no means bad, but it also wasn't any better than that I pick up at a lunch counter down the street from the office. I wouldn't hang my hat on it. The biggest disappointment was the wine menu, which was probably the most phoned-in wine list I have seen in the past few years. Lee is 'fine dining' for people that have never really experienced fine dining. There are FAR BETTER options for those looking to spend.
- In and outFuciu1Dined on 10/11/2014Most of our food was excellent, especially the slaw and the lobster pasta. What detracted from the experience was the service was way too quick. We were in and out in an hour having had 2 glasses of wine each and four tasting plates. Our first course came within minutes of receiving our first glass of wine. It did feel like the over riding factor was to 'get them in and out". The decor is just ok. The seats in the section we were in were very hard and not that comfortable and the tables were quite close together. The menu was somewhat limited however we would probably give it another try. Pricey for what it is. We've eaten in many fine restaurants. Overall it's a pricey 3. Certainly wouldn't choose it for a relaxed special occasion.Special Features:
- More about the presentationApril12Dined on 10/11/2014The Signature Slaw is absolutely delicious and lives up to it's reputation. Tuna and Lamb were good but not outstanding. Presentation was clearly more of their focus and their signature cocktails though interesting were too expensive. Wine list costly. Overall good experience but I would prefer an affordable wine list as well. Wait staff outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lee's food is outstanding. Always.lovesfoodDined on 10/10/2014We went there to quickly satisfy a slaw craving I had all week:) The slaw is a must have and is perfect because of all the flavours and variety of textures. Not a full dinner at all, just that, but we threw in the tofu which was perfectly crispy and hot on the outside, cooler and softer in the middle. Although we had multiple good servers, the one who took our order and saw us most often was a bit awkward in demeanor. A bit mumbly and seemed very shy. After we ordered our espresso and tea we seemed a bit forgotten about. It took a LONG time for the server to bring our bill etc. However, this has never happened before so it may have been an off night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and it was outstanding! Amazing service and phenomenal food. We even had a delicious dessert brought to us on the house by a singing waitor. Above and beyond!Special Features:
- Great food, amazing service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We really enjoyed our 2nd outing at Lee. The food was great - we had the slaw, blackened cod, oysters and the special beef tacos plus the dessert I believe is called yuen ten (sp?) Our server Alex was super attentive and knowledgable. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complex flavorshgkoloVIPDined on 10/10/2014We eat out a great deal and were just in London where we ate at two of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants and one of Jamie Oliver's. Well, Lee put those restaurants to shame. This was our second time at Lee and we wouldn't hesitate to go again next time we are in Toronto. The food is complex, well thought out and so flavorful. Our favorite dish, like last time, was the Slaw. But the braised beef tacos (a special), and the curry chicken were amazing. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. There are very few restaurants where you will find flavor profiles this complex and well thought out. You can tell the chef put his heart into every dish.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Lee really lived up to their great reputation. The Singapore Slaw in particular exceeded all the hype, but every other dish was also excellent. We tried their take on Peking duck which was unique and delicious, as well as beef tenderloin tacos and lamb chops with a lentil sauce. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- NotluncherDined on 10/8/2014We were really looking forward to having dinner here but unfortunately were really disappointed. Their signature salad may have dozens of ingredients but it doesn't taste like anything unique. We found the same with the second dish we ordered. The food just tastes really bland. It looks beautiful but there isn't much to it. It didn't help that the service was pretty bad too.Special Features:
- A delight to the palateJazzyDaveGDined on 10/6/2014Highly recommended by friends, and did not disappoint. Went there to celebrate a friends birthday; this is a nice spot for a special occasion. Three dishes was ample to share between two people, and it certainly was hard to decide which three, they all sounded so good. In the end we had the by now famous slaw - a delight. The cheeseburger spring rolls were excellent and the duck special was cooked to perfection. The cocktails were creative both visually and to the palate. Great ambience, dishes that should appeal to all tastes and, I imagine, all ages. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...MelyDined on 10/4/2014Food and service was great except that food took too long to come out. We had the famous slaw and was everything everyone had said about it.: absolutely delicious. Also the lobster ravioli was to die for. With the exception that even with reservations we had to wait too long for our table and that food took too long to come out and our table was too small and too close to the other table, everything was good. I will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- That slaw...SarahMhmdDined on 10/4/2014The food and service at Lee is always remarkable! This is my favourite place to take friends and family, whether they live in the city, or are visiting from out of town. The quality of the ingredients, and the care that goes into crafting each dish, really demonstrates why Susur Lee is such a renowned chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I was in Toronto for business and my Fiance came up from Chicago to enjoy a weekend with me. We went to here based on a recommendation from a business acquaintance, and it was excellent all the way around! Our server was great, made great wine and dessert recommendations, and really gave the evening an excellent start. I would definitely go back here next time I am in town .Special Features:
- Athena123Dined on 10/4/2014Have heard about this spot but had imagined it to be stratospherically expensive. It was not. The signature slaw was an explosion of taste and texture and the lobster ravioli fusion at its best.Special Features:
- Lack of AmbianceMaestroDined on 10/3/2014Fine dining food provided but definitely NOT a fine dining atmosphere. With all tables occupied and close seating; I could hardly hear a conversation at my own table and ended up shouting across our table. Bar in the middle certainly didn't help. Not for special occasions.Special Features:
- Amazing RestaurantNitinDined on 10/2/2014The Signature Singapore slaw is the best I have ever tasted. The Lamb Thailandaise & the braised beef tacos are amazing too. Always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreJJLINVIPDined on 10/2/2014Service was impeccable but the food was a bit disappointing. I'm not sure if it's because my expectations were just too high, or if it's because I am familiar with Chinese cuisine (parents are from Hong Kong). Some of the dishes here honestly tasted no better than regular meals I can get at home, or uptown at any other restaurants. For the price tag at this place I honestly expected to have left feeling really impressed, but that didn't happen at all. Overall I just feel like this place didn't live up to all the hype.Special Features:
- So deliciousdrzhivagoDined on 10/1/2014went for dinner with 5 business colleagues all who hadn't been before (but I had). Waiter suggested the kitchen do a tasting menu for 6 which was fantastic. An explosion of flavours in your mouth one dish after another. Service was quick and efficient and polite. Ambience was great with just the right amount of conversation buzz. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingUKTravellerDined on 9/29/2014Food was fine overall. A couple of good dishes, a couple ok and one poor. They put 3 of us onto a table for 2. Never a good start. Main issue was poor service throughout from 6 different servers. No one seemed to be taking a proper over-view to ensure the restaurant was running well. Mumbling servers with attitude does not make for a good evening even if some of the food was pretty good.
- Never gets oldLuv2eatDined on 9/27/2014Never thought we'd reach the point where Lee would become our weekly date-night restaurant ... It's sooooo good, we can't get enough. The quality of food and the service never wavers. I'd go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!VictoriaDined on 9/27/2014Lee's is the hot spot in the trendiest neighbourhood for good reason. The ambiance is cool and contemporary, the food is an amazing Asian fusion of flavours with very thoughtful creations, and it has a trendy hum from well-heeled patrons. Above all, the service was excellent and very attentive. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for an enjoyable evening on the town.Special Features:
- Lee on a ThursdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/20146 people split 6 courses and 2 desserts. It was absolutely delicious, they reportioned everything so we'd all have a bite. Service was excellent and the wine recommendation was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Lee is my favorite restaurant in Toronto, it's fantastic in every way - ambiance, food quality, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodMemorableFoodDined on 9/20/2014When I informed the hostess that we were there and had a reservation for 8, she told us that they had to take our table at 945. i wasnt too happy with that, because they should have said something when i made the reservation, or when they called to confirm the reservation. The food was phenomenal. We got the famous slaw and there are so many different flavours that hit you its amazing. Something i didnt like was that the slaw is so pretty i really wanted to take a picture of it but the server immediately started mixing it up and talking about it that i didnt get a chance to take a picture. The only problem was everything on the menu looked amazing, had a hard time choosing.Special Features:
- All I Hoped ForBreezeyDined on 9/20/2014Been wanting to try Lee for a very long time. Foodie friends, who had been there for Summerlicious loved it so much they were happy to join us. The service, food and ambiance were all outstanding. We had the slaw, which everyone who has been there, insisted we get. I would eat that everyday if I could. Other highlights were the beef tacos, lobster ravioli and lamb chops. The service was first rate, and Susur Lee should be proud of his staff who work so well as a team. Our only comment is the initial pacing of the dishes. At first we felt that a few things came out a bit too fast but the pace did change once we commented. I would go back in a second and everyone who enjoys wonderful food, this is a must try.Special Features:
- Complex and DeliciousParticularFoodieDined on 9/20/2014Finally a restaurant with complex flavours that excite the senses. Doesn't matter if you're a vegetarian or carnivore, there is something imaginative and delicious for everyone. Not what you'd cook at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- even better than expected!EarlyMarchDined on 9/19/2014We had been meaning to try Lee for a look ng time and I'm so glad we finally did. Not cheap, but we expwctwd that and it was absolutely worth the money. We had Singapore Slaw, beef tacos, and chicken curry. Everything was just fantastic. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.