601 KING ST WEST
Toronto, ON M5V 1M5Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.susur.com/
- Phone: (416) 504-7867
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Susur Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lee
LEE is an exciting, vibrant urban destination. Crafted by Chef Susur Lee and his dedicated kitchen staff, the menu at LEE is an exciting culinary experience where guests are invited to share and sample a wide variety of smaller dishes. Visitors can expect rapid and professional service with a wine list of approximately 50 eclectically sourced wines providing the versatility needed to compliment the diversity of the dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lee reviews from OpenTable diners
235 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (186)special occasion (131)hot spot (111)good for groups (91)romantic (53)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (31)notable wine list (24)late-night find (19)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/24/2014Excellent food, great atmosphere!! Go for the food. One of the best restaurant food experiences in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique dining experienceFoodieDined on 11/20/2014Have been to Lee 3 times and it does not disappoint. The presentation of the food is beautiful and I love that the staff explain it all when they bring the food to your table. Our waiter Mark was wonderful too. He said he was new but you couldn't tell as he was very knowledgeable about the menu and we appreciated his advice on what to order. It was a first time experience for my 2 friends and they really liked Lee as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular!! Highly recommendGmoneyDined on 11/19/2014The food and service was awesome. The wait staff where quick to assist with food recommendations, and nailed it each time. Great experience alround.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dyner8Dined on 11/18/2014Informal atmosphere, imaginative food perfectly cooked, great variety and choice, reasonable prices for such quality of food and service. Food comes one dish at a time and is intended to be shared among diners at the table, so make sure everybody is on board for this concept. If you want your dishes in a certain order, tell the wait staff; if you want to finish one dish before the next one comes out, tell the wait staff, otherwise the kitchen will churn them out in any order at its own convenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and Excellent ServiceBrodinskiDined on 11/18/2014It was my first time dining at Lee's and it most certainly won't be my last! I came to Lee's with a group of 8 to celebrate a special occasion. The service was timely and attention to detail was evident by all staff. Our server was extremely friendly, informative, and professional. The noise level wasn't bad considering we had dinner around 7pm on a weekday. The Singaporean Style Slaw, Slow Braised Beef, and Top Chef Green Curry were phenomenal! I will definitely be back to taste the rest of Susur Lee's menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!!admireraktiDined on 11/8/2014The food at Lee was excellent and the service outstanding. The Singapore slaw was delicious and the Korean beef was superb. The noise levels in the restaurant can get a bit elevated, a minor irritant to a really good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lee's reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014The food was amazing as usual, my husband and I have been a few times. Only complaint, the service was horrid. We had a fellow who we've had more than once and every time, he ruins the experience. He is arrogant, rude and made the experience less than it could have been. Never even says thank you at the end, takes his money and tip which he didn't deserve and walks away. We are pleasant people, probably overly nice and it's unfortunate that such a wonderful place like Lee's has such an awful server. I must say though that the people who bring out the food are gracious.Special Features:
- World Class Dinning ExperienceHard2ImpressDined on 11/7/2014This was our fourth dining experience at Lee in five years. It has been exceptional every time. Susur greeted the table the server sang an amazing Broadway song in place of Happy Birthday for my wife. The only thing that topped the experience was the fresh, brilliantly balanced textures of so many complimentary flavours. The Singapourean Slaw, Blackened Cod and Slow Braised Beef leave you speechless. I have benchmarked Lee in Toronto to some of the top personal experiences in Manattan, Tokyo, Chicago, Hong Kong,j London, Paris, San Francisco, Los Angles, Maui and many more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodeatingeverywhere2014Dined on 11/6/2014great food, good service, good ambiance, a tad noisy. would like to go back and eat other things on the menu. not cheap, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food, cocktails and service.G48FO0DDined on 11/3/2014Great gathering for after work drinks and dinner. We went here hosting some out of town clients and they claimed that this was the best food they have ever had, and they were from the San Francisco area which is known for their food sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of torontoPickyDined on 11/1/2014Everything we ordered were good, tasty and unique . The duck and lamb were outstanding . There were five of us and all were satisfied with the service and overall attentiveness of staff from the moment we walked in till we left. Lee exceeds our expectations !Special Features:
- Expected moreTODinerDined on 11/1/2014We've been looking to go to the restaurant for a long time. We expected a lot out of it considering the popularity and booking length in advance required. We wanted to order our apps and make a decision on our mains a bit later, but we were told we HAD to order it all at the same time. That was a first. We did enjoy the fact that our mains came out sequentially in a "couples" sharing display. We felt that our apps overshadowed our mains. All in all this is an average high-end restaurant.Special Features:
- wonderfulBjornDined on 10/31/2014Excellent flavours, excellent ambiance, fast friendly informativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Susur's Menu Is Delicious!arminezDined on 10/30/2014If you've ever debated whether or not to try Lee for dinner you shouldn't. Go. Just do it. Everything is delicious. The cheeseburger spring rolls and the slaw might be my favourite items. It's the best restaurant on king west and probably one of the best in the city in general. Susur Lee doesn't disappoint here. I went to Valdez for my birthday last year across the street at Valdez and it was a waste of money. This yea I opted for Lee and it was awesome. The staff are great too and super talented. I had a professional singer/waiter sing me happy birthday. Great experience overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food nice ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/29/2014I had this restaurant on my bucket list since it is truly a Susur Lee restaurant and apparently he really does the cooking there. The food was very good and if I was in Toronto for another reason I would go there, but not good enough to make a special bucket list trip. Noteworthy was the hot and sour soup and the apple beet salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestScottnycDined on 10/29/2014You can't go wrong at Lee's. I travel to Toronto for business and always make a point of having dinner at Lee's. The Singapore Slaw is of course, a must but my favorite dish to date is the Miso Cod. We also tried the Lamp Chops with Banana Fritters.. you won't believe how good they are. One last thing is the bourbon cocktail.. I forgot the name but it has burnt orange in it. If you like Bourbon you have to have it
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/28/2014would of rated much higher but so noisy we could not hear each other speak and had to wait quite a while for drinks and dessertSpecial Features:
- Wine listSteveVIPDined on 10/28/2014Rather light and several ideal wines were out of stock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome stuffbidermantDined on 10/25/2014the Singapore slaw was phenomenal, oysters were yummy - great bacon chutney, heirloom tomato dish was nice and light, lamb was delicious. We went back two days after to get slaw take-out -- just as delicious :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ImpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/24/2014Brought some out-of-town friends here for dinner and we were all extremely impressed with every dish we ordered. They have some new additions to the menu along with their signature classics. Amazing flavours and creativity was evident in the singapore slaw, the cheeseburger springrolls, the tiger shrimp, and the braised beef. Our waiter was friendly, helpful and professional, and the vibe in the restaurant was fun and energetic. Overall, it was a fantatstic meal and everyone loved Lee. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lee SlawYummoDined on 10/24/2014So we've eaten here 3 times in the last couple years and always get his signature slaw. I love it but even a dressing junkie like me has to admit, they could ease off a bit. Though they toss quite thoroughly at the table, the last quarter of the dish is near inedible from the sweetness and volume of dressing.Special Features:
- Amazing culinary experience !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014The service and food were amazing and sursur lee came and chatted with us personally and took photos .The food was like art !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousmarikatfoodDined on 10/23/2014We were seated at a rose coloured table for two in a romantically lit section of the restaurant. All of the dishes we tried - oysters, lobster ravioli, green curry chicken, singapore slaw were delicious. The flavours in each of the dishes meshed in an incredible way to produce joyous effects in the mouth. Our favourites were the lobster ravioli and the chicken - which practically melted in your mouth. The only thing slightly lacking was the service - our waiter was attentive but had a bit of an over the top attitude.Special Features:
- LeemnbnycVIPDined on 10/23/2014Mr Lee is obviously a very talented chef. His Singapore slaw is absolutely a winner with 19 different ingredients, tossed at the table. The result is delicious, however, there is the rub. All the food we had was very tasty but the multiple ingredients sometimes mask one another and do little to enhance the overall flavor of the dishes. Perhaps keeping it a bit simpler would work as well. This is to take nothing away from a very pleasant dining experience indeed and this restaurant is worthy of the praise it gets. It can get a little noisy if there are large groups as there were when we wre there but that is modern dining. Service was excellent witha knowledgeable, helpful and courteous waiter.Special Features:
- Just all-around fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014I had a friend visit from Boston, and wanted to choose a restaurant that held Toronto up to its standards....I'm so glad I chose Lee because it did exactly that! The fusion of Asian cuisine with contemporary flavours and styles was perfect, and the atmosphere and neighbourhood added to the delight of it all. Every dish we had was amazing and unique. I will definitely be coming back here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Top class food and service. The only issue was the noise level.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingDMACDined on 10/16/2014Have eaten at Lee several times whenever possible when I visit Toronto. The food was spectacular as always including a couple of dishes I have never tried, including the Beet Salad and the Tofu. Still one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. I will keep coming back.Special Features:
- a place to gosunshineVIPDined on 10/15/2014great food second time there and still a pleaser coleslaw and fries are to die for great service-we were there early so it was quiet and easy to talk food is different, tasty and delicious what a greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysthechewreviewDined on 10/14/2014This visit to Lee was great as always! Dishes eaten: 1) SLAW - obviously 2) Cheeseburger Spring Rolls - less meat and more cheese than I remembered :( 3) Beef Tacos - Spicier than the last time - still very tasty 4) Assam Satay - the beef was definitely the most tasty 5) Wild King Shrimp - delicious surprise! Love the soy crumble 6) Lettuce Wraps with Chicken - also a delicious surprise - amazing take on Asian/Mexican Fusion 7) Molten Chocolate Cake - perfect mix of crispy outside and melted oozing inside - delish!Special Features:
- Mediocre at best.valleedurhoneDined on 10/11/2014The space is nicely put together and the ambiance was quite pleasant. Nothing was objectively awful, but nothing was great either. The service lacked any attention to detail and all felt tired or greatly overworked. The food hit all the right notes on paper, but the finished product failed to deliver. The signature slaw was by no means bad, but it also wasn't any better than that I pick up at a lunch counter down the street from the office. I wouldn't hang my hat on it. The biggest disappointment was the wine menu, which was probably the most phoned-in wine list I have seen in the past few years. Lee is 'fine dining' for people that have never really experienced fine dining. There are FAR BETTER options for those looking to spend.
- In and outFuciu1Dined on 10/11/2014Most of our food was excellent, especially the slaw and the lobster pasta. What detracted from the experience was the service was way too quick. We were in and out in an hour having had 2 glasses of wine each and four tasting plates. Our first course came within minutes of receiving our first glass of wine. It did feel like the over riding factor was to 'get them in and out". The decor is just ok. The seats in the section we were in were very hard and not that comfortable and the tables were quite close together. The menu was somewhat limited however we would probably give it another try. Pricey for what it is. We've eaten in many fine restaurants. Overall it's a pricey 3. Certainly wouldn't choose it for a relaxed special occasion.Special Features:
- More about the presentationApril12Dined on 10/11/2014The Signature Slaw is absolutely delicious and lives up to it's reputation. Tuna and Lamb were good but not outstanding. Presentation was clearly more of their focus and their signature cocktails though interesting were too expensive. Wine list costly. Overall good experience but I would prefer an affordable wine list as well. Wait staff outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lee's food is outstanding. Always.lovesfoodDined on 10/10/2014We went there to quickly satisfy a slaw craving I had all week:) The slaw is a must have and is perfect because of all the flavours and variety of textures. Not a full dinner at all, just that, but we threw in the tofu which was perfectly crispy and hot on the outside, cooler and softer in the middle. Although we had multiple good servers, the one who took our order and saw us most often was a bit awkward in demeanor. A bit mumbly and seemed very shy. After we ordered our espresso and tea we seemed a bit forgotten about. It took a LONG time for the server to bring our bill etc. However, this has never happened before so it may have been an off night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday and it was outstanding! Amazing service and phenomenal food. We even had a delicious dessert brought to us on the house by a singing waitor. Above and beyond!Special Features:
- Great food, amazing service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We really enjoyed our 2nd outing at Lee. The food was great - we had the slaw, blackened cod, oysters and the special beef tacos plus the dessert I believe is called yuen ten (sp?) Our server Alex was super attentive and knowledgable. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Complex flavorshgkoloVIPDined on 10/10/2014We eat out a great deal and were just in London where we ate at two of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants and one of Jamie Oliver's. Well, Lee put those restaurants to shame. This was our second time at Lee and we wouldn't hesitate to go again next time we are in Toronto. The food is complex, well thought out and so flavorful. Our favorite dish, like last time, was the Slaw. But the braised beef tacos (a special), and the curry chicken were amazing. I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. There are very few restaurants where you will find flavor profiles this complex and well thought out. You can tell the chef put his heart into every dish.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Lee really lived up to their great reputation. The Singapore Slaw in particular exceeded all the hype, but every other dish was also excellent. We tried their take on Peking duck which was unique and delicious, as well as beef tenderloin tacos and lamb chops with a lentil sauce. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- NotluncherDined on 10/8/2014We were really looking forward to having dinner here but unfortunately were really disappointed. Their signature salad may have dozens of ingredients but it doesn't taste like anything unique. We found the same with the second dish we ordered. The food just tastes really bland. It looks beautiful but there isn't much to it. It didn't help that the service was pretty bad too.Special Features:
- A delight to the palateJazzyDaveGDined on 10/6/2014Highly recommended by friends, and did not disappoint. Went there to celebrate a friends birthday; this is a nice spot for a special occasion. Three dishes was ample to share between two people, and it certainly was hard to decide which three, they all sounded so good. In the end we had the by now famous slaw - a delight. The cheeseburger spring rolls were excellent and the duck special was cooked to perfection. The cocktails were creative both visually and to the palate. Great ambience, dishes that should appeal to all tastes and, I imagine, all ages. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but...MelyDined on 10/4/2014Food and service was great except that food took too long to come out. We had the famous slaw and was everything everyone had said about it.: absolutely delicious. Also the lobster ravioli was to die for. With the exception that even with reservations we had to wait too long for our table and that food took too long to come out and our table was too small and too close to the other table, everything was good. I will definitely go there again.Special Features: