601 KING ST WEST
Toronto, ON M5V 1M5Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.susur.com/
- Phone: 4165047867x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Thursday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 11:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Fusion / Eclectic, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Susur Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lee
LEE is an exciting, vibrant urban destination. Crafted by Chef Susur Lee and his dedicated kitchen staff, the menu at LEE is an exciting culinary experience where guests are invited to share and sample a wide variety of smaller dishes. Visitors can expect rapid and professional service with a wine list of approximately 50 eclectically sourced wines providing the versatility needed to compliment the diversity of the dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Lee reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (157)special occasion (138)hot spot (102)good for groups (82)romantic (66)neighborhood gem (54)great for outdoor dining (38)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (27)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014I took my wife for her birthday, When making the reservation, I had ask to have something arrange for the dessert time, unfortunately, our waiter remember until we got the bill, but he manage to fix something before we left and had other waiter to sign to my wife Happy Birthday, which was kind of cute and funny. Overall our Lee experience was good, the salad at the beginning is the best part of the meal so far. Delicious appetizer, love the lamb with the lentils and fried bananas, that is an amazing dish; Scallops were kind of rubbery for my taste and the sorbets for dessert were not very appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heartbreak and cole slawThunderdomeDined on 8/25/2014Went in a second date with this awesome girl. She ended up making out with my brother, but the meal was so good I thought the night was a win overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started off the perfect eveningYumBucketDined on 8/23/2014I went with a date with a 6:30pm reservation. They gave us a choice of outside or in and we took the patio because of the beautiful weather. The service was amazing, perfect timing for everything and very attentive. Without question the waiter says, "so we're starting off with the slaw?" Bang on. We also ordered the Top Chef curry chick and Black cod. This time around the Slaw was still amazing but the flavours and textures of the other 2 dishes were fantastic as well! 1 bad thing would be the cleanliness of the table. There was some meat in the cracks of the table. For that reason I'd only dine inside.Special Features:
- Great design but awful servicemattyDined on 8/21/2014I had such high hopes going into the restaurant as it had such good reviews. Place is beautiful and great little patio. Service was very slow even though there was plenty of staff on the floor. When I asked for a drink menu it came after 30min. Timing between plates was to long and even though I would have ordered more food having to wait so long had me wanting to leave. The table next to me made the cement on how they were irritated at how slow everything was.Special Features:
- Even better the second time aroundchristin1988Dined on 8/20/2014This was my second time at Lee. I brought my friends who were visiting from the UK and they were thoroughly blown away by the amazing food and atmosphere of the restaurant. My favourite place in Toronto!Special Features:
- Great food, not so great service.hererighthereDined on 8/19/2014The food was amazing and everything we could have hoped for. Oysters: really fresh! Slaw: amazing. Green curry: amazing. Braised beef: good but probably too "beefy". Panna cotta: take it or leave it. Chocolate rice dumplings: delicious! Service on the other hand could have been way better. We mentioned to her twice that we don't eat pork and the first thing she brought out had bacon. We waited 15min for our plates to be cleared after dinner and about another 10min for her to take our dessert order. We also mentioned we were celebrating an anniversary. Which she forgot and came out to ask us again before dessert. Smooth — not smooth. They brought out a candle with dessert. When it came time for the bill she wasn't even around.Special Features:
- fantastic fusionPublishDined on 8/18/2014Lee came very highly recommended, so expectations were for nothing less than a stellar evening. I am happy to report that expectations were not only met, but exceeded. From the cocktails right through to dessert, each item was well thought out, carefully crafted, well executed, and served with great style. The food is beautiful, the staff is not only knowledgeable, but seems truly pleased to be working here. Drinks and dishes are explained in detail and with great joy. DEFINITELY eat the signature slaw, but I cannot imagine being disappointed in any of the dishes. Go with a bunch of friends and share everything so you can try more of this amazing food. Lee is worth a trip to Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChazVIPDined on 8/16/2014Didn't much like it although my wife did Seemed fake and kitchy to me. It was so very fusion that the original cuisines got lost. Server sold aggressively which I'm not used to. However, place was packed so I guess I'm a minority view.
- Outstanding mealCMD1Dined on 8/16/2014The meal was so good, we went back again the same week. Not to be missed.Special Features:
- a must in Toronto!!!!disapointingVIPDined on 8/15/2014When in Toronto, this is a new experience to Asian cuisine. Chef Lee mixes flavors with a distinctive approach. A must when visiting Toronto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just for special occassionsElleSeeDined on 8/15/2014We were a party of three for Friday night, 6:15 p.m. reservation. To say 'amazing' would be an understatement. Each dish was beautifully crafted with the most savory flavours. To top it off, the cocktails were phenomenal and their was a great vibe to the place. The Manager of the restaurant was very attentive to all patrons and our servers were well groomed, informed, professional and courteous. Made for a fantastic evening. We were lucky enough to meet Susur himself as we were celebrating a milestone birthday! What a treat. Such a nice humble yet talented man. I am heading back there in 2 weeks but just cause I feel like it. :) No need for a special occassion anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually love LeeLove2dineDined on 8/14/2014I have been to Lee perhaps 4 times- I loved it each time so when I was choosing restaurant to celebrate a birthday- I thought it would be a special night. Only time I could get a res was 6:30- we checked in and although not busy were told table was ready - yet left us at the bar for 20 minutes. Then we were seated in the brighter, calmer side of the place- which I had never sat there- and didn't want to- I was footing the bill for 6, I wanted a special night, I was going to order for the table and the waitress suggested I do a taste menu- I did- and we were all hungry when we left. I should have done what I was going to do and ordered multiple dishes to share. Bill was $$$$$- the portions were small and we only had 5 courses-3 HOURS-3*Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding night!MarinaDined on 8/13/2014Our diner at Lee Restaurant was an excellent experience; the food and service were outstanding. It was a bit busy and noisy when we got there but once we got to our table it was a great, unique experience. We already recommended to our friends and they thanked us afterwards.Special Features:
- Incredible Food!pwebahDined on 8/8/2014Food is absolutely incredible. The Chef's slaw is a must order. Presentation is wonderfully creative. Service is very efficient, attentive and fast. We have been there several times and the food and service are always wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Food is so disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014My mom and I went to this restaurant for dinner because of its high rating on Yelp, yet it was a total dissapointment. The service is excellent, but it would not save a restaurant that serves mediocre food. The so called Asian Fusion cuisine, is merely an entertainment to people who haven't tasted authentic Asian or international fusion cuisine. Some of the dishes are indeed cooked in a creative way, especially some side sauces, but the composition of individual dish is quite unsophisticated. The signature salad, Singapore Slaw, tasted refreshing at first, but the portion is too huge, and it got really cloying when you have some more. For the Thai skewers and black cod, they were made too oily that we didn't even finish one third of them.Special Features:
- Lee on kingI8hereDined on 8/7/2014Cool to experience some 'iron chef' dining! The slaw really was AMAZING!! Other dishes were also very good. Service was very good-attentive and they explained all the dishes as they were served. The one negative was the drink 'feature' was sangria...tasty, but hardly worth $16 for a tiny glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LeeMarJanDined on 8/7/2014The food never disappoints. I always know that I'll be eating way more than I can fit, simply because the food is irresistible. The atmosphere always has a cool vibe and service is bang on. My favourite restaurant in Toronto, hands down.Special Features:
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Restaurants with this caliber food are not common. It's on the pricey side but you will forget all about the expense once you taste the first bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great DiningLuv2dineoutDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I visit Lee a number of times per year and rate it as one of our top choices in Toronto. Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice vibe but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I ate at Lee this past weekend when in town for our anniversary. We are both vegetarian and Lee was recommended to us for that reason. The food was good, but we were left a little deflated as the portions were small and, therefore, in my opinion, overpiced. Our favorite dish was the Mexican Goat Cheese Tart. Food aside, the service was outstanding and helped make up for our overall experience.
- You must tryDiKen4food2eatDined on 8/1/2014You must try their speciality dish.... amazing salad with 19 ingrédients. 2 die 4!Special Features:
- lunchingladyVIPDined on 8/1/2014We did not know they had a 15 min late policy and they made a big deal about us being 20 min late. But the restaurant was certainly not full and we had searched on the street for it walking past several times until we noticed the discrete sign board sitting on the pavement. The noise level in the restaurant was extremely loud so we chose to sit outside where it was quieter with trucks and ambulances screaming by and the general hurly burly of King street. The seats were not comfortable but the food was excellent and the wait staff very attentive so that all being said we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- LEE RESTAURANTNPooDined on 7/30/2014The food is presented to the middle of the table to encourage sharing which is great as you need to taste every dish that comes to your table. My husband and I ordered 4 dishes and it was one too many. But which one would we have cut out???? That would be a very difficult decision because each dish was a taste sensation. We had the black cod, beef tacos, Peking Duck and steak tartare. The only problem was the neighbouring table was a little too close. We will certainly be returning and next time we will try their signature dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2014Very attentive and helpful with ensuring nut free experience for my son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ food, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My bf and I were excited for our reserved dinner this past weekend. we already had an idea of what we wanted to order. But between the time we were seated and the time our waitress finally came over for our orders was about 15 minutes. not acceptable. I was about to get up and go up to the bar and call her. I got really annoyed. Anyways, we had ordered the signature singapore slaw, the scallops and the peking duck platter. for drinks we both ordered a $16 glass of their sangria. very delicious. our 3 dishes came out within the span of 1 1/2 hours. VERY SLOW for food to come out. very heavy factor of whether I would come back to Lee or not. I would recommend not to visit on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, off service for usPetuniappDined on 7/24/2014I was looking forward to this meal for months, very special treat. And we sat there and watched others get served all around us, and waited over an hour for our first hot appetizer to arrive. Cold oysters arrived quickly, but then long wait. Seems to have been just our table, so would not generalize. For a restaurant that says when you reserve you have a two hour window for your meal to not serve our main course until we had been seated for an hour and a half, and last course arrived at hour and forty-five into the window. I don't like to write "bad" reviews, food was great, just very disappointed in our service. The highlight was when the waitress asked if we wanted anything else when out last entree had not been served yet. Food's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Went for dinner and was nothing short of impressed. The slaw is a must !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiasappointingsummerliciousDined on 7/19/2014Service was awful. Food was mediocre. Not worth what we paid and after all the hype, really disappointing.
- Very Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014This was my second time at Lee's. Enjoyed it very much. The food is beautiful and tasty, will do againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summerlicious so rushVivianVIPDined on 7/18/2014I love sursurr lee's restaurant but for summerlicious they are so rush and service is not as good as before hope can change next timeSpecial Features:
- Great foodWWWWDined on 7/18/2014Best summerlicious ever in 2014!!! I just love every course we ordered:) Will come back for sure! To be honest, best Asian fusion I had ever! (I am an Asian myself)Special Features:
- lovefoodDined on 7/18/2014Great night with an amazing slaw to start things off. Every bite was an experience.Special Features:
- good foodluvtodineoutDined on 7/17/2014service is a little rushed. food is very good but the noise level is so loud it is very hard to have a conversation with the person sitting across from you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!HJKimDined on 7/17/2014This is my second time at Lee and I have nothing but positive things to say. The service was fantastic and the food was phenomenal. My experience this time was significantly better than the last. That's not to say it was bad last time (it wasn't), but I just felt it was exceptional this time around. The only thing that disappointed me was that I didn't see the panna cotta on the menu! :)Special Features:
- Lee is Awesome!sammilovesfoodDined on 7/16/2014Dining at Lee was an amazing experience...the food is divine and the service is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Food came out fast. They had to slow it down and we were not disappointed. Everything was so flavourful. Worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food4lyfeDined on 7/16/2014Went for summerlicious. The cod cake was absolutely delicious. Perfectly moist and fresh although there was too much sirracha mayo, and calamari was a bit tough. My friend got the "fried chicken" which wasn't fried anymore and was grilled, I had a bite and thought it was tough and not moist. We both thought my appetizer was better. For entrees I got the salmon, which was cooked to perfection however the ratatouille was overly sweet (even for me). The beef my friend got was amazingly moist but she only got 2 small pieces! Absurd proportions. Lastly the dessert trio was mediocre. The best of the 3 was the mouse. I feel like for the price we paid, we should've gotten better. But I'll be back to try their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of flair! Creative and smartFoodLover123Dined on 7/15/2014We (group of 4) went for the summlicious menu and came out pretty impressed. We all agreed that we shall be back for their regular menu (mission accomplished Lee! :P)! Their calamari and chicken app was simply amazing! Dessert was also really tasty as well. Their entrees are good but nothing that's out of the world good. Their service was good. A great improvement from the past. While doing my research, I came across several comments regarding their untrained staff. But we all thought that the service was excellent. Mind you, this is a not a high-class French restaurant but the servers were very attentive and tried really hard to impress without any hint of awkwardness. Good job!Special Features:
- DeliciousKitkatDined on 7/15/2014The food was delicious and the size of the servings were good. We shared their famous slaw salad. Amazing flavour and textures. The fried chicken appetizer was very good, maybe a bit too spicy for some. The beef main was very tasty, loved the indian jam. I was less impressed with the dessert trio. The lemon meringue (licorice) was good. The waitress was friendly. The fellow who brought out the food was rude and brought out the appetizer chicken while we were still eating the slaw. Then, he brought the main while we were still eating our appetizers. He said it was too bad because it was ready. The waitress intervened and took care of it. We sat outside which was nice, very noisy inside. I will return but will tell them not to rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousLiciousFanDined on 7/14/2014Two of us ordered different items from Summerlicious menu for sharing - a great way to eat. Crispy Calamari w/Cod Cake & Thai Fried Chicken w/Green Mango & Citrus Salad both absolutely delicious! The amazing sauce/glaze on chicken was so flavourful & very different - yum! Roasted Assam Marinated Salmon also absolutely delicious! Would never have thought to have ratatouille w/salmon, but was perfect in this dish. Black Pepper Marinated Filet of Beef good, but not as creative in flavour as other items chosen. All dishes very attractively plated. Servers okay, but a little stiff - could be friendlier. Made mistake of accepting a table outside at rush hour - traffic noise (loud motorcycles, sirens, etc.), dusty streets & wasps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.