L'Ecole- Restaurant of the International Culinary Center
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
L'Ecole- Restaurant of the International Culinary Center
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lecolenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122193300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:30 pm - 9:45pm
Brunch: Saturday - 11:00 AM - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: L’Ecole at the French Culinary Institute can accommodate up to 80 guests for a private booking of the restaurant. Please contact us for additional details.
- Private Party Contact: Arthur Francescp 6462547551x
A word from L'Ecole- Restaurant of the International Culinary Center
Behind every meal at L’Ecole is the passion and dedication of a team of exceptional Chef-Instructors and students from every corner of the school. As a true collaboration between the Culinary, Pastry, and Bread departments at The French Culinary Institute, L’Ecole is where the skills and training of our students shine through in thoughtfully prepared and elegantly presented dishes created with the finest and freshest seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
L'Ecole- Restaurant of the International Culinary Center reviews from OpenTable diners
331 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (185)special occasion (145)great for lunch (130)neighborhood gem (95)romantic (79)notable wine list (72)good for groups (57)great for brunch (37)hot spot (17)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- AN AMAZING DINING EXPERIENCEali66Dined on 8/22/2014I LOVE L'ECOLE...THE FOOD IS EXEPTIONAL & SERVICE IS SUPERB...I HAVE BEEN DINING THERE FOR YEARS..ITS MY FAVORITE NEW YORK RESTAURANTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carefully constructed cuisineFrigginfabfoodDined on 8/20/2014I love this place!!!!! The students are really trying to get it right so they put so much care into the flavor of the food and into the presentation of the food it's hard for it to go wrong. The waitstaff are knowledgeable and take a special interest in your needs. The manager comes to check on you and the hostess does as well. My water glass was never empty. It is not super special in terms of decor but it is well lit so there is still a pleasant ambiance. I have been here twice now and both times I thought I need to come here more often. It is wonderful for the amount of money it costs too! Actually it is better than the more costly restaurants. Plus it is right in Soho. What a gem. YOU MUST COME HERE! You will not be dissapointed.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationpinkdivaDined on 8/20/2014We really loved the food and wine! I've been wanting to eat here for many years. I'm glad we went for such a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food ever.LorraineDined on 8/18/2014Best dining experience ever. From the staff to the food it was amazing. The duck and halibut was to die for. Will definitely be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- K&BOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014We celebrated our 44th anniversary at L'Ecole and we're not disappointed.Special Features:
- SophisticatedRedvelvetDined on 8/15/2014White cloth tablecloths ,Ella and Louis, good food and service at a fair price I felt it was an adult experience. I so appreciated a tolerable noise level. The menu choices all sounded so good I will have to return. Service was Good and the food was too. Even got amuse bouche I was very happy with my lunch and will definitely return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceSwtSaphiyaDined on 8/15/2014The staff at L'Ecole were friendly and welcoming. We were seated at the time of our reservation, and the service was great. Our food came out in a reasonable amount of time and everything was delicious. It was a nice little escape amongst the hustle and bustle of SoHo. Really enjoyed our experience and will definitely go back, maybe for my birthday! =DSpecial Features:
- AnnaVIPDined on 8/15/2014food and service were both excellent- great explanation by serverSpecial Features:
- One of my favorites!SharonVIPDined on 8/15/2014L'Ecole is definitely one of my favorites in NYC. The menu is unique and every item sounds great. And it tastes delicious. I had the duck last time and the hanger steak this time. Both were superb. For dessert I had peach upside down cake... I am not a big dessert eater but this was beyond even my imagination. The service is very professional and attentive. A great spot to eat at...I look forward to my next eating adventure there..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014For a party of five, we had the room up front in window. Very quiet. Service was fair, but sometimes we felt like the servers forgot that we were there. In general, food and service was good.
- Beautiful and deliciousLizBDined on 8/13/2014All of the dishes were beautiful and expertly presented. On top of that they were all delicious and prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/13/2014This was not my first time there; unfortunately the food is not what it used to be. The service was also extremely slow.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/13/2014This was a wonderful find. It was culinary magic! We enjoyed everything we ordered and our server was terrific and thorough.Special Features:
- Horriblefoodie4lifeDined on 8/13/2014I cannot describe just how awful this was, the food was too spicy, the ravioli was sour, the soft shell crab too salty. Unacceptable.
- Nicely doneCity124Dined on 8/12/2014My guest and I weren't too thrilled in the beginning of our restaurant experience due to the hostess and the waiter. The hostess forgot that we were sitting at the bar as they suggested as a place to wait for a table to be prepared, however, not until I approached at 8:06 PM did they remember we were their waiting (out of sight out of mind... I guess). My guest and I were 15 minutes earlier than our 8 PM reservation and weren't seated until 8:13 PM. Once seated, the waiter seemed a bit overwhelmed with other tables he tended to in the beginning but as the tables that he monitored lessened, his attention to our service needs increased. The rest of the evening went well (food, wine, dessert, noise level).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than expectedEnnaDined on 8/12/2014What a nice surprise - preparation was perfect. Pinot noir was delightful. Great experience overall.Special Features:
- Marie5180Marie5180Dined on 8/12/2014L'Ecole International Culinary Centre was awesome. Was delighted to try l'Ecole during restaurant week in NY. Was not disappointed. Started with an asparagus mousse-tart. While the asparagus mousse was perfection, silky and creamy smooth, but placed in a bed of chorizo oil with roasted almonds did not compliment the dish at all. Chose the duck magret as the main, cooked to medium rare perfection on top of wine infused mushrooms and baby dandelion greens topped with crispy duck skin. Again, could have used far less oil on the plate. Dessert divine, an upside-down peach cake with orange ice-cream sitting on almond dust. Would recommend pairing the meal with their wine selection. Awesome gourmet experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!innaVIPDined on 8/12/2014It was wonderful as always! Service was outstanding! Thank youSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014I honestly thought that there would be some standout but I think the only thing I really loved was the orange rind ice cream of the whole four course meal. I found everything just mediocre. Unfortunately....Special Features:
- Amazing food and winefoodienyclaDined on 8/11/2014We went for NYC Restaurant Week. The food was exceptional and the wine pairing with each course as wellSpecial Features:
- great dinnerEddieDined on 8/11/2014Fabtastic meal and service will come back again. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres bienLuvfoodDined on 8/11/2014From the moment we arrived the service was excellent we started with corn breaded soft shell crab which was great. Then I enjoyed the halibut with bee aide sauce while my husband had the crispy duck. He said his was excellent as was mine. The fish so fresh and the sauce superb. I didn't try the duck but he said best he's ever had not fatty or gamy tasting. We finished our meal with Cyrene brûlée which was also excellent. Our friends also enjoy this place and they travel to France routinely. We will return and I encourage you to try it if you enjoy French food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC restaurant Weekeasy2chewDined on 8/11/2014the food was only worth three stars at best. I was disappointed at how the food tasted. Food was really bland and lacked of flavors. I expect something more than bland food when paying $130 for the dinning experience. The service was great and the ambience was good for couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShauVIPDined on 8/11/2014Went for restaurant week lunch, good selection of all three courses, beautifully prepared and presented, will returnSpecial Features:
- Dinning out at L'EcoleNYCRestoweekEaterDined on 8/8/2014this was another great dinning experience. The touch of gaspachuo soup was a surprise and excellent starter to the meal..The entrees were well prepared and started the flavor punch salmon was moist and delicious . My Main course was the star of the night as the Duck breast was well grilled with panache and care. the Moules were succulent and the sauce was masterful. desert was moderate to o.k.Special Features:
- Perfect lunchJoBabeDined on 8/8/2014Our food was perfect prepared. Fish, meat and side dishes. At the end the almond ice cream did an excellent job, closing a perfect lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chefs in trainingLittlecatDined on 8/8/2014The food was ok since they are still chefs in training. I think they still have a long way to go to become qualified chefs for French style cooking.Special Features:
- Excellent fine diningSkeeterDined on 8/8/2014Always a wonderful exciting dining experience! Always my first stop on my "to visit list in NYC with family"! l look forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food and serviceDanjerezDined on 8/8/2014Went here for Restaurant Week. A fabulous bread basket and complimentary amuse bouche (arctic char)to start. The soft shell crab appetizer was outstanding - soft crunchy warm crab sitting on top of a thinly sliced watermelon. Veggie terrine was good although the argula accompaniment was a bit salty. The halibut and arctic char entrees were perfectly cooked. The curried yogurt on the arctic char should be bottled. The LI duck breast was perfectly cooked, but again the arugula salad that came with it was a bit salty. The buckwheat tart was light and loved the currant sauce that came with it. The almond and peach upside cakes were fluffy and light as a cloud. Service was attentive and polite. Highly recommended and I would come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You need to go to L'EcoleHaggisDined on 8/7/2014Although the 3rd member of our party was 30 minutes late, the courteous, professional and highly trained staff couldn't be more welcoming. Michael, our waiter, has a tremendous knowledge of wines and perfectly matched our courses. He was always available, but not intrusive. Our party of 3 shared everything, thus constant marking of the table with share plates, serving utensils and such demanded constant attention. Michael knew we wanted a dish from each category, (fish, meat, poultry, etc.) so he jumped right in with excellent recommendations. Chilled dishes were served on chilled plates, portions size was excellent, and save room for dessert. Staff described each dish as it was presented. Bathrooms sparkle, menus spotless. You need to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty of ChoicesmikefromnycVIPDined on 8/7/2014Unlike the Restaurant Week menus in most, L'Ecole provided a generous selection of choices for all courses. The extras that they offer are a fine touch. The service was a bit amateurish but they tried. The quality of the food, preparation and plating were very good. The chef accommodated special requests. All in all, a good choice and I intend to return,Special Features:
- Staff RecspflaxsDined on 8/7/2014Staff recs were spot on. Will surely eat here again when in Soho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodGL13Dined on 8/6/2014Went here for Restaurant Week. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Blah ExperienceGeminiswimVIPDined on 8/6/2014The food was pretty good for restaurant week, however it didn't almost feel worth the money. The decor inside is blah and the whole environment felt kind of touristy and off. It wasn't the classy NYC dining experience I expected and wanted from a culinary institute restaurant.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekfinefoodloverDined on 8/6/2014Went to L'Ecole during Restaurant week with colleagues, and we were all amazed by the food. The 3 course meal, was filling and delicious. I was initially scared that we might not get the soft shell crab for appetizer, since I read some reviews that said the restaurant has been running out of it. Luckily they still had it available, and was worth trying. I had Arctic Char for the entree. I did not expect the fish to be so good, the layer of sauces the fish is served on bring amazing flavor to the fish. If I go again, I'll definitely get the same fish. For dessert I had the Tart, actually 3 of us got the same dessert, and we loved it equally! The orange peeled ice-cream compliments the tart so well. Definitely recommended for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Professional and enthusiastic!NJFoodlover37Dined on 8/6/2014We ate here during Restaurant Week and were happy to be seated a delightful window table overlooking Broadway. Our delicious lunch was served competently so we felt neither rushed nor neglected, and the food, prepared by future professional chefs, was beautifully prepared and elegantly presented. The highlight was the Arctic char with curried yogurt, although I was less enthusiastic about the combination of melon with soft shelled crab. We were surprised and delighted when presented with a third, complementary dessert, without which we would have missed a perfectly tart and intensely fruity sorbet. Cheers to all the future chefs who cooked for us!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Week MenuOwlwoman12VIPDined on 8/5/2014It's refreshing when a restaurant offers more than three choices of each course for Restaurant week, this place outdoes itself with a variety of choices with interesting ingredients. It was refreshing to have a choice of four different fish preparations for dinner. Everything was very tasty and well prepared and our server was very sweet. Will go back again....was impressed with quality and the portions were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service everASAPDined on 8/5/2014The food was pretty good, however I don´t really recommend this restaurant, The waiter that was really roude, he even did not let me to read the whole menu. I can´t believe this restaurant ever won a prize for "best french fries" they were ok but not for a prize.
- Highly recommendedMariah2014Dined on 8/5/2014I just don-t have anything but praises. A wonderful place, service and top quality food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/5/2014Always a treat to dine here. The service is outstanding. Restaurant Week menu really shows off what the kitchen can prepare. The soft shelled crab appetizer was unique. The hanger steak was requested rare and served perfectly. Dining at L'Ecole, has introduced us to many interesting, reasonably priced wines. Excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.