Lebanese Taverna -Westover
5900 Washington Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22205Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna -Westover
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 7032418681x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Monday - Friday 4:00pm -7:00 pm in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4- $6.00.
Mondays 1/2 price wines
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 4-7pm at the Bar. Featuring selected mezza plates and alcoholic beverages ranging from $4.-$6
Monday Nights - Half off selected bottles of wine.
A word from Lebanese Taverna -Westover
The original restaurant of Lebanese Taverna, this recently renovated location is a local favorite. Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Lebanese Taverna -Westover - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Lebanese Taverna -Westover reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (11)special occasion (7)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014Love this place every time - service is consistent, drinks are good (although ~$1 overpriced). The food also always seems to be so fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustelgourmetLatinoDined on 10/11/2014One of our favorite restaurants in the Washington area. Always look forward to eating at the Lebanese Taverna - Westover whenever we are in DC. We particularly like this location because they still serve all the traditional dishes we love, plus new ones as well.Special Features:
- Bummed.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I love the Lebanese Taverna, & go often for special events. This time I was majorly let down (never by the food) but by the service. The 4 of us were seated at a tiny table in the middle of the room, where we were constantly being jostled. Even though I specifically asked the server to bring us one plate of food at a time (the table could only handle one plate) he brought the app & tasting platter together, then the second platter & our entree. We were crammed & it was uncomfortable to eat. The icing on the cake was when he 'forgot' to apply the coupon (that I got from LT when I had to sign up for OpenTable to book a res online!) after babbling about how he had to 'clear it with his manager' for 3 minutes after I originally gave it to him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining!HappytodineDined on 9/30/2014My husband and I had a lovely time. The service was excellent and the food was unique, tasty and filling. It was our first experience with fried artichokes! I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a quiet, relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/9/2014Food is better at Tysons Galleria store. Service was slow despite a near empty restaurant on a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- A family place goes corporate. ,FttviennaDined on 9/9/2014When this place opened in the 80' a it was fabulous , but no longer. The transition from family to corporate restaurants has not been kind. The moussaka is gone from the menu but the hummus is still good. A 2nd chance and this place is not it's former self. Service was slow Food was lack luster menu selection was limited. Back when it opened this place was a gem, but no longer is that the case
- formerresidentDined on 8/27/2014Muhammed saw to our every need. Happy memory made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingminspirdevDined on 8/9/2014My family has been coming to Lebanese Taverna-Westover for at least 15 years. My wife, adult daughter and I all like the Fatteh. The food is always excellent, and the staff friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- The Orginal is still the BestKarlDined on 8/3/2014Pentagon Row is the location of the nearest "Lebanese Taverna" for me. However, I continuously find the food there less than stellar when compared to the orginal in the Westover neighborhood of Arington. I finally compared the two last week. I ate at the PR Restraunt on 7/30 and then at the WO Restraunt 3 days later and had the exact same thing the Fatteh. And my suspecision is accurate the orginal "Lebanese Taverna" is worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ambienceAlejandroDined on 7/31/2014I went with my father for dinner. Perfect quiet table. Great service from a very professional and courteous server named Ronald.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suchranIsabelVIPDined on 7/20/2014best lebanese food around. love the hummus but it's all great.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014Fresh food, excellent flavors, great service. I so appreciate these things and this place scored high on all counts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT good for groups!BlacLabDined on 7/16/2014I go to Lebanese Taverna for the great food often and usually love both the staff and the food. NOT this time with a group. I arranged for a work group to meet there for lunch. When I made the reservation for 10, I stated I would let them know the exact # that morning. I called in the AM to say there would be 12 diners. When I arrived the waiter had no idea I called to change the number to twelve and appeared displeased with the change in number. He made no effort to add tables and chairs although the restaurant was far from full. Later when I asked if he would do seperate checks he said no, he could not do it but said he would do small groups; when the check arrived it was one check. The waiter neither welcoming nor responsive.
- DuckSoup11VIPDined on 6/28/2014Lebanese Taverna's Arlington location remains one of the best and most authentic Lebanese places in the area and the food is always excellent. We often make a meal from just the small plates - the "special" hommus, the kibbeh, the eggplant salad, and others, all delicious. We miss some of the variety that has been lost as LT adjusted its menu over the past couple of years, but this is compensated by an occasional new dish, such as the grilled octopus. There is a good variety of available wines, including Lebanese ones. This small neighborhood place is crowded, but not usually terribly noisy. Service is quick - maybe sometimes too quick, as we had a sense of being rushed along on this visit.Special Features:
- The following 219 reviews are from the Lebanese Taverna -Westover reviews archive.
- Just the best Lebanese foodToolsmithVIPDined on 6/15/2014This is the flagship of the Lebanese Taverna fleet, and it's a grand one. Smaller, more of a neighborhood restaurant, but still the great food and attentive service. We'll be back!Special Features:
- shucranIsabelVIPDined on 6/7/2014consistently good. we ate outside on one of the nice june evenings. portions are very generous. food is always delicious -- if only they would use a little less salt. one of my favorites and west over is where it all begin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zuziVIPDined on 6/3/2014My home away from home. I just wish I could cook as well. :)
- Fun atmosphere, good foodDonBacDined on 5/25/2014The service at Lebanese Taverna is friendly and attentive. The food is delicious! I had the Salmoln Harra and my wife had the chicken salad. Their wine list is small but well chosen. We're on a budget so I couldn't afford my top choice (Faithful Hound Cabernet from South Africa) but settled for Bulletin Place Shiraz from Australia. We were not disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed, enjoyable family dinnerkelfDined on 5/18/2014The spicy hummus was particularly fantastic, as was the pita. Every mezza and entree we ordered was well prepared and delicious, and there are several gluten free options clearly indicated on the menu, which we appreciated. (FYI - they've taken the shawarma platter off the menu, but you can still get it if you ask for it. The mixed shawarma platter with the spicy rice was yummy.) The atmosphere was friendly and relaxed - no one felt rushed or hurried in any way. I love this Lebanese Taverna location best - because it's small and comfortable. Service was attentive and friendly - as always. A wonderful meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GF friendlyRyanGFDined on 5/16/2014Great options for those who eat GF. Unique food optons and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayfoodieanonDined on 5/11/2014The large crowd accounted for the slow service and the high noise level. The appetizers were very good. My lamb was disappointing - not very tender, slightly cold and soggy vegetables. I would go back because I've had good meals there before, I like Lebanese, and I'm sure Mother's Day made an impact. Others in the party were happy.Special Features:
- Slow and UnderstaffedReynoldsVIPDined on 5/11/2014It was Mothers' Day brunch. This was our first bad time ever in our visits to this restaurant. The food was wonderful and fun for the kids. It appeared to be understaffed with the possible problem being in the kitchen. We waiting an hour for our food...which is tough on the kids. But, we survived and had fun. The manager, realizing our discomfort, gave us a 10% discount on our bill...which was nice.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceTangoChickDined on 5/3/2014I recently dined at Lebanese Taverna for an important family reunion dinner, selecting the restaurant because I have numerous food allergies (gluten, dairy, corn, and soy-free) and they supposedly catered well to dietary restrictions. As it turns out, they have a separate "allergy guide" to go along with their menu that identifies all of the common allergens in all of their dishes. This makes it very easy for diners to quickly identify what they can and cannot eat if they are worried about gluten, dairy, soy, nuts, etc, and was *greatly* appreciated. Also, the service was top notch: attentive and friendly, despite all the "special" ordering. I have an intense "foodie" family, and they were all impressed and said they would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeBostonboosterDined on 4/22/2014We were a group of five ladies, with lots to discuss. This was the perfect place, not loud, good seating, and excellent food.Special Features:
- Great FoodAugiegabsDined on 4/19/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday dinner on Saturday night at 7pm. The food was awesome, and so was the service. They even gave him ice cream and baklava with a candle. The one down side was that the restaurant was pretty noisy at the beginning of our dinner, but did become a quieter as it got later. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014The menu is extensive and varied, so should satisfy most diners, even vegetarians. The food is always good. In my opinion, the only drawbacks are that it's extremely noisy (at least in the back room) and the AC is always on and blowing. I thought it was me, but noticed many people going back out to the car for a sweater or jacket after being seated. All in all, I still really like the place and will continue to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, well-prepared foodmacdougDined on 3/24/2014We really enjoyed our small dinner at Lebanese Taverna. The soup was excellent and well-seasoned, and the platter we got was full of the usual Mediterranean fare - grape leaf, falafel, hummus, tabouleh, baba ganoush, etc. all of it delicious. The pita bread was so piping hot and fresh we could barely pick it up! Overall our expectations were exceeded, and the service was polite and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Taverna!LocalDined on 3/22/2014This is the gem of Westover. Thisis the original restaurant in the expanding group and has not lost a bit of attention to presenting excellent food for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lebanese Lost!WestieDined on 3/14/2014I was disappointed in Lebanese Taverna -Westover....they have changed the menu, offering less authentic dishes and have raised the prices. Tables were cramped up so close to each other, making the dining experience less personal. It is no longer the Westover neighborhood gem!
- Best neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/14/2014Best neighborhood restaurant with best hostess in town. So welcoming!Special Features:
- Not for a cold nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014The food and service was excellent as always! Unfortunately we were there on a cold night and there was quite a cold draft inspite of the drapes around the doorway and our distance from the door. Will definitely return, but when the outdoor temp is above freezing. Knocked off ambience stars for the draft :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happyDisappointedDined on 2/15/2014Our experience hits on our three most important aspects of a nice dinner. 1.) Service - we were sat down at the same time as the people to the right of us, but received our food ~20 after they did. We were sat down 20 minutes before the people to the left of us and we received our food 20 minutes after they did. The waiter was not attentive and he only had 5 tables to serve. 2.) Ambience - do not plan on having a private conversation in this restaurant. We were nearly touching elbows with the people at the tables on either side of us. 3.) Food quality - we asked the waiter how he recommended the lamb be cooked and he said the chef recommends medium. We went with it and when the food came out, it was well done and chewy.
- dissatisfiedBabsDined on 2/14/2014The one dish I wished to order on the pre-fixed menu was not available (sea bass). My husband sent his chicken and lamb back to the kitchen. They were scorched and hard. Without liquor or dessert, our bill was $78 for 2 people with tax for a few appetizers and an entree each ($90 with tip). The waiter was grim-faced and tried several times to take our plates away before we had finished. We were seated by a cold draft at the front door and the owners packed way too many tables into the small area. Other diners and waiters bumped the back of my chair repeatedly.
- No rushAntonioDined on 2/14/2014It was nice not to feel hustled out, the table is yours for the night, enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacePrinceDined on 2/14/2014The food and service are outstanding! I visit here often and love this place! Great food at a great price in a nice little neighborhood. I highly recommend this place for special occasions for their special menus they put together (tapas style, you can try a great cross section of their menu).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lebanese TavernaParkerDined on 2/5/2014I have been enjoying Lebanese Taverna intermittently for a period of over 30 years, and went back on 2/14 for the first time in a long time. I did notice some changes: the menu is slightly more Americanized -- shwarma "sliders" and a middle-eastern version of Buffalo wings now appear on the menu. And it's slightly less flexible than it was. For example, I prefer to just order a mezza of small plates and skip the entrees. In the past, the staff didn't seem bound by the strict menu offerings. Now, you have to order the pre-set platter, and can't do things like add a skewer of kabab, sold only sold as entrees. Still worth a visit, but they should upgrade their small-plate flexibility to stay ahead standards set by places like Zaytinya.Special Features:
- Change at LT is not goodlocalfooideDined on 2/4/2014I've been eating at Lebanese Taverna for over 25 years. It has been about a year and a half since I was last there. The new menu is a fraction of the old menu - lots of the old staples are gone. The mezza list is maybe 15 items versus the old 30. The entree list was around 8 or ten items versus the old 20+ items. And the prices have sky-rocketed. I paid $22 for an entree that used to be priced around $14. And on top of all of that, the service was really not very good. So long Lebanese Taverna - I loved you in the 90s, 2000s but more.
- too busy for good service...wantonfueyVIPDined on 2/1/2014Food was just ok. Seemed like we were being served by the hostess--so service was slow.Special Features:
- Luv2dineLuv2dineDined on 1/23/2014Love having dinner here best spot.. Hommos is delish.. Best service ever.. You can have great conversation with the servers.. Defiantly recommended .Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2014Friendly service, great food, and reasonable prices. Try the traditional baklava, it's incredible! This will definitely be a go-to place for me to bring family and friends from now on.Special Features: