Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
2641 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 02007Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 2022658681
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 11:30a.m. -4:00p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:00p.m. - 11:00p.m.
Sunday 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Monday - Friday 4:00p.m. - 7:00p.m. in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4-$6.00
DJ Dance Nights Friday & Saturday NIght starting at 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Joseph Comfort
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at email@example.com
- Entertainment: DJ Dance Night - Friday and Saturday starting at 10:30pm
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
Lebanese Taverna DC is located directly across from the Woodley Park metro, this location now offers a 13-seat bar, lounge and seating for 130 people. Great for groups of all sizes and offers a private room for seating up to 56 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (34)great for lunch (33)great for outdoor dining (32)special occasion (22)kid-friendly (12)romantic (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistently deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014We love the food here. The service is always friendly and attentive. Recently we have begun taking our children, 6 & 9 here and the whole family enjoys dinner. The tabouli is fresh, the eggplant fatteh, is a favorite and my children love the platters. We always have a good time, never feel rushed and always leave satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014The food continues to be wonderful and innovative. Prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality and variety of the menu. I've enjoyed Lebanese Taverna since it first opened years ago. Service and food at the various locations is consistently high quality. The settings are attractive and well maintained. They would be suitable to a more formal meal but the warm and welcoming atmosphere is good for casual dining as well. My friend who is also a long time Taverna patron agreed. We always look forward to dining there and will return soon.Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014This is the third time I've had the privilege to dine at Lebanese Taverna and, once again, it was worth the wait. My go-to choice (the falafel sandwich was refreshing and perfect for a warm summer day) did not disappoint; my husband enjoyed the chicken shawarma, but admitted he's had better. The fig liqueur-based cocktail was AMAZING: a pièce de résistance! Though I've only had lunch here, I imagine the ambience at night/on the weekends would be stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abandoned by serverDancingbearDined on 8/15/2014On Friday on the patio our server had difficulty keeping up with his orders and we could not get his attention. Half way through lunch our original server abandoned us and we had to engage another server to finish the meal service.....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlebaneseDined on 8/14/2014Great food. However the outdoor service needs improvement. I dined here before and the service inside was outstanding.Special Features:
- RelaxingEleanorDined on 8/9/2014We ate outside on a pleasant summer evening. We enjoyed the two sampler platters which had many Lebanese specialties, all prepared and presented beautifully. The waitstaff was welcoming and professional.Special Features:
- JaniceJaniceDined on 7/29/2014I had not been to this LT location in quite a while. The interior is quite lovely and the food good as always. But the bathrooms are an abomination! Seriously, they need to rethink the unisex idea and go back to separate womens and mens stalls. Three of the stalls I entered had little puddles of pee at the base of the toilet! Come on guys, aim better! The stall I finally settled for had used toothpicks on the counter. One of the friends I was with was equally disgusted by the filthy stalls. I would not go back to this location because of the bathrooms!
- DisappointingfoodloverDined on 7/19/2014I had high expectations but have been by and large disappointed. The appertizers were good, especially the falafel, but the bread was too crispy (as if it was left in the oven for too long) and the main course (mixed grill) was a big disappointment, especially the lamb and the ground meat (the chicken was OK). As for deserts, the baklawa was not a match to those I ate at other restaurants.
- Always goodbeafishDined on 7/19/2014Lebanese Taverna has been the go to place for Middle Eastern food in DC for so many years and they do not disappoint. Lots of choices for a vegetarian and meat eaters as well. The service was swift and no waiting. The dining room is very large with high ceilings. The outdoor seating was packed and is great and very lively since there are several outdoor restaurants along this block. Parking is challenging so avoid driving if you are able, walk or take the Metro which is right across the street.Special Features:
- Great experienceFoodieFishDined on 7/8/2014My friend and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The service was outstanding as well. Get the Shrimp Arak for an appetizer!Special Features:
- Food good / Service excellentFOODIEDined on 7/4/2014Overall, the food was excellent. Our waiter, who is originally from Turkey, was excellent. He was extremely friendly, which made our dining experience at Lebanese Taverna a very memorable one. I will def go there every time I visit D.C. going fwd.Special Features:
- We're here - again.TribecaLuncherVIPDined on 7/3/2014The chicken and beef shwarma, tabbouleh, hummus, babaghanoush and bread are so delicious. Whenever we visit DC, having lunch or dinner at Lebanese Taverna is always on our agenda. Good food, nice decor, friendly service, close to the zoo, great location - right across from the Adams Morgan/ Woodley Park station (red line). We keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmsterdamDined on 6/30/2014Lebanese Taverna is a place to go with friends and family. It is the best Lebanese food I've ever had in the USA! Service can take a little long when it is really busy, but it is worth waiting for. The manager is very accomodating, and people are gentle and friendly. I'd highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great job of feeding gf folksILoveBaroloVIPDined on 6/28/2014This place never fails. great place to meet friends for a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable as ever!YorksterDined on 6/20/2014Can't beat LT at what it does! And the DC location was terrific all around! Varied and interesting menu, great ambience, reasonable, etc., etc. only surprise: Open Table indicated validated parking in private lot, but was told at restaurant no validation at lunch. Still, beats feeding meter every hour on street. A++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not-so-great pricesgivlcaeDined on 6/14/2014I loved the food and the environment. Our server was great too, injecting humor and personality without trying too hard. The pricing, however, did compare somewhat unfavorably to peer restaurants, but it won't break the bank. The baklava was very good, and I had delicious gin cocktail as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Great food, better service. The service during this visit was definitely the best we've received from LT.Special Features:
- A welcome reliefsk8ladyVIPDined on 6/13/2014About half a block from the Omni and even closer to the Marriott, this great little family-owned place is a delight. I had the hummus trio and it wound up being my whole dinner, along with two fabulous felafal.Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- hrsgurlVIPDined on 6/13/2014The ambience and authentic feel make Lebanese Taverna a standout among Mediterranean restaurants in the DC area. We tried a sampler of hummus and a sampler of Lebanese fare coupled with Lebanese beer. Outside dining is available but quickly became a challenge due to a sudden torrential downpour. Service staff was great and got us situated inside pretty quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food;Service a tad slowLike2SkiDined on 6/10/2014I loved the location right near the metro so an easy place to meet a friend. I enjoyed the food, but the service was a little slow. I would eat here again though.Special Features:
- TravelWriterSpousrDined on 6/2/2014So for old-timers, this new, modern restaurant doesn't have the cozy charm of the original. The current menu has been stripped down and removes the mystique. That a said, the food is as wonderful as ever. The artichoke starter exceeded my expectations and the mezzo platters were delicious.
- Thanks!AnthDined on 5/29/2014Working in customer service myself, I always appreciate attention to detail. Both the hostess and server said happy birthday after I had mentioned on open table that we were celebrating a birthday. Our server Abigail made some awesome recommendations which we really enjoyed and then topped it off with a comp dessert for the birthday celebration. Thanks again for the great night, great food, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good experienceTheWiseBardDined on 5/26/2014We weren't quite sure what to expect, but our dinner at LT was a winner. Living in Wisconsin, our opportunities for really good Middle Eastern food are quite limited, and the relative elegance and refinement of LT's dishes and ambience were impressive. We loved the plate of appetizing filled pastries, and the hummus sampler was fun, especially with the delicious, just out of the oven pita (who knew?). Entree of whole broiled fish was not quite up to the ultra fresh renditions I've had on Greek islands, but was nonetheless delicious. Not crazy about their distinctive baklava, but a bread pudding concoction brought a delicious and satisfying end to the meal. Service was uneven, and not always prompt, but the food carried the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsTribecaLuncherVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food in Lebanese Taverna is delicious. Babaghanoush, tabbouleh, chicken and beef shwarma or kefta are our top picks. This is conveniently located across the Woodley stop. Nice middle eastern decor with a modern touch, vibrant crowd. This is our favorite restaurant whenever we visit DC. ...Wish they were in NJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lebanese foodLobeeDined on 5/18/2014We were visiting from California, and wanted a good place for a special dinner after graduation. The service was friendly and responsive. But best of all, this was the authentic Lebanese food we remember from Sita's kitchen. Try the grape leaves and the Kibbee. What a treat.Special Features:
- Great for special occasions!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014I went here with my family as a celebration dinner on a Sunday night after graduating college. As part of an asian family, we personally did not like to stray far from asian cuisine. Lebanese Taverna, however, satisfied the palettes of all my family members. The food was all deliciously flavored, light, and refreshing. The waiter we got was extremely helpful in recommending what to order and explaining the menu. All the meats we got were fantastic especially the sea bass and grilled lamb. Noise levels were pretty high, but it was crowded. l This is a great place for special occasions, but not a place that I would go weekly. At the same time, I would not hesitate to come here again to show people a different cuisine they might never had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meet upOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014I met up with a few friends staying at the Marriott across the street. We were very pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere and quality of the food. We found a new spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I remembered...PatfromDerwoodDined on 5/14/2014The new decor in the Lebanese Taverna is modern but we miss the ambience of the restaurant pre-update. Plus it is nearly impossible to have a conversation because it is incredibly loud. That was not a problem before. And our waiter must have been new because the service was lacking. We used to enjoy helpful suggestions regarding the menu and what should be tried and shared. That was not forthcoming this time. The food remains quite good, thankfully.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerDanW50Dined on 5/11/2014Great place to take Mom and Dad after an afternoon spent walking around the zoo. It was a nice day for sitting outside. We had some main entrees and some mezzas. Everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous brunch!LogicGalVIPDined on 5/11/2014Wow! We had brunch here for Mother's Day. What a treat! We love the food here, but because of the fixed price menu and the great variety we were able to try dishes we hadn't had before. There was no limit on the quantity we could get. Our server was SO lovely and attentive! It felt like she was excited for us to have the opportunity to try their various dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 449 reviews are from the Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC reviews archive.
- Woodly ParkJohnVIPDined on 5/4/2014Try the spicy/garlic humus with small beef/lamb sausage links and Lebanese beer-very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for brunchClissDined on 5/3/2014Good food, fresh bread, beautiful restaurant and not expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perrfect food and quiet ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/1/2014I had not been to this Lebanese Taverna since a lovely renovation. It's a classy place. The food is, as in the past, nicely and consistently done Middle Eastern. For a tiny lunch for two, we shared a combination plate. Service by young Ryan was perfect -- friendly, knowledgeable, just the right amount of table time. The noise level was great for conversation.Special Features:
- traveldynetraveldyneDined on 4/25/2014delicious mezze and great kebab..............................................................Special Features:
- Great meal, great experienceanny11Dined on 4/25/2014We had a party of six and we all enjoyed the excellent food and excellent service. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Service was way off this timeRoNo1215VIPDined on 4/23/2014We were a party of 8, I usually go there with a large party like this. Right off the bat, the server told me what he was going to do...to bring out the family style apps and the meal. Again, he told me what "HE" was going to do. I explained that I did not know the people I was with very well, they were soon to be business customers from Africa so I would find out if they wanted to do this or order off the menu. I did not appreciate being told what do to. I want to re-iterate; it was not suggested to me; it was told to me. Also, we ordered 2 bottles of wine at once, he opened one bottle, I tasted and approved it. He opened the second bottle and poured from that one first. No one tasted it...that one was off. server did what he wanted
- Saturday Night. Alright.OutandAboutDined on 4/19/2014We had our first meal at the Lebanese Taverna on Connecticut Ave. recently. The recently remodeled decor was a revelation. We thought we were choosing a neighborhood joint and found ourselves in a startlingly large and nicely decorated dining room. Unfortunately, it was an extremely busy Saturday night and the food and service was no match for the crowd. Imagine running out of Pita (though when it did arrive it was warm, light and delicious). I had lamb shank. My companions had chicken schwarma. These renditions were passable good, though the perfectly tender lamb begged a sauce. Appetizers were fine ... Though artichokes with lemon sauce didn't need to be deep fried. We're willing to give this one another try.Special Features:
- Tasty Gluten-Free EaseswanqueenDined on 4/19/2014I picked Lebanese Taverna for a birthday dinner for a friend based off a Post review saying it had good gluten-free options. I was not disappointing. The staff was flexible -- we had anticipated a show going later than it did, and they easily bumped our seating up an hour with no problem at all -- and responsive to allergies. The menu was solid with multiple options for us. And the food was excellent -- get the hummus. It is superb. The cocktails were good, but a bit pricey. But this is DC, and $8-9 for a cocktail starts to feel average. Our friend was treated to baklava with a candle for her birthday, which was a nice little treat. We would go back here any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatBeachgirlVIPDined on 4/18/2014Haven't been to the restaurant in awhile. Redone decor is very open and lovely. I had the Chef sampler for lunch and it was fabulous. I will be back again soon.Special Features:
- Always a FavoriteJoanneVIPDined on 4/15/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Lebanese Taverna. It is one of our "go to's" when we have out of town guests who are staying in Washington, DC. The food is always delicious, and everyone is our group was happy with their choices. It was noisier than we remembered which made it harder to have a good conversation, and I could not hear what was being said at the other end of the table (but there were only five of us!). We will be back many times, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.