Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
2641 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: (202) 265-8681
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:00p.m. - 11:00p.m.
Sunday 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Monday - Friday 4:00p.m. - 7:00p.m. in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4-$6.00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Joseph Comfort
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at email@example.com
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
Lebanese Taverna DC is located directly across from the Woodley Park metro, this location now offers a 13-seat bar, lounge and seating for 130 people. Great for groups of all sizes and offers a private room for seating up to 56 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (33)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (14)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (11)romantic (9)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- As I can't seem to use theturtleeatsDined on 4/3/2010As I can't seem to use the ratings feature above I will say that the food was excellent, the ambience very good, the service very good and overall we had a wonderful experience and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Dinner was very good. Servicembf6288VIPDined on 4/2/2010Dinner was very good. Service was extremely slow. Server never came by table unless called by us. from time of order until entree arrived over 1 hour. Management made up for it with free dessert, a drink and apologies.
- Still salivating dreamingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2010Still salivating dreaming of the hummus trio:). The food was wonderful. We especially enjoyed the stuffed grape leaves.Special Features:
- I have never written a review,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/26/2010I have never written a review, and am compelled to do so now due to the horrible experience I had at Lebanese Taverna. I had a reservation through Open Table; my brother was visiting from NYC and I wanted to show him a nice food experience in Washington. The front area was so packed we could barely move, and 40 minutes after our reservation, we still were not seated. During this time, the maitre d repeatedly lied to me, saying, for example, "We will seat you in 5 minutes." Five minutes became fifteen. "You have the next table". He then sat other people at that table. Etc. I asked to speak to the manager, he said he was the manager. Only when I said I was leaving, and that I planned to write a review, did he try to stop and seat us.
- Right across from the WoodleyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/25/2010Right across from the Woodley Park Metro, this unprepossessing establishment appears to be very popular with local diners. Excellent, bustling wait staff, good wine list, and seaonal offerings. (We had the lamb special, in honor of cherry blossom season, and it was excellent). Reservations are a MUST, even on a week night.Special Features:
- We sat in the back. TablesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/25/2010We sat in the back. Tables out front were very noisy - moreso than I would like. In the back it was nice and quiet. Ask for a table in back if you want a nice quiet talk. WE had the Mezze which made a very reasonably priced light dinner $14. Food was not remarkable, but fine.
- Restaurant was full for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2010Restaurant was full for lunch but it looked like there was only one waiter for the whole place, so service was a bit slow. Fine for a leisurely lunch though.
- if you are going to LebaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/14/2010if you are going to Lebanese Taverna, drive to Bethesda. The original in Woodly is mediocre. Who knows why? Cold, dry overfried falafel, mealy hummous, and crowds crowds crowds including a family whose children played with cars on the floor at our feet. It's loud, the food has this "once was good" quality, and is nothing at all like the food at the carryouts in Arlington or Rockville or the restaurant in Bethesda. Strange, I know Possibly an off-night.Special Features:
- We hosted a large client dinnerYuppieDined on 3/11/2010We hosted a large client dinner for 12. Lebanese Taverna took care of us offering a mixed sample of their specialties as well as offering great Lebanese wines at a value price. Service was superb.Special Features:
- Above average Lebanese food.heroldraVIPDined on 3/11/2010Above average Lebanese food. Very fresh salads, home made meze.
- Having recently visited Lebanon,yphdiningVIPDined on 3/10/2010Having recently visited Lebanon, I reserved a table the day after my flight landed in the US. Well, I was not disappointed. The food was great. However, there were a few items I really enjoyed from Lebanon that were not available, but the selection was great. The wine was just as I remembered. Try a bottle of Chateau Kefraya and you will really enjoy it. I should also say, the service was GREAT.Special Features:
- Great felafel, but the hummosPADinerDined on 3/6/2010Great felafel, but the hummos tasted odd. The whole fish was delicious, but difficult to eat. One tablemate had the chicken kebabs and said they were delicious.
- We had a group of six andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2010We had a group of six and the family style plates were great! None of us are very familiar with Lebanese food but the server helped us order and everything was amazing. Unfortunately, while our dining experience was top-rate our checks were wrong. Several people in my group got charged twice for the meal and the management was not very helpful when they called to get it corrected. I highly recommend this place but be sure to check your bank statement after!Special Features:
- Dining at Lebanese TavernaDCVisitorDined on 3/2/2010Dining at Lebanese Taverna is usually a treat - good food, good service and a nice atmosphere. On this visit, the service was not up to par. When we arrived (with a reservation), we were seated quickly. However, the service ended there. It was at least 15 minutes or longer before wait staff arrived. And, there was poor wait staff service throughout the evening. All of my other experiences have been good; I suspect this was an outlier. And, I will certainly return to the restaurant.
- We loved the menu, the foodrobingaleVIPDined on 2/27/2010We loved the menu, the food and the service. Excellent value. The only negative was the noise level.Special Features:
- We had quite a large and disorganizOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/27/2010We had quite a large and disorganized group with two toddlers. The staff were super accommodating and friendly, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- In town for a long weekendHighXDined on 2/20/2010In town for a long weekend and selected the restaurant for it's convenience to the Shoreham and the lines present on other visits to DC. Was not at all disappointed. Decent value; very good food; efficent,pleasant service; lively atmosphere but NOT the place to go for quiet conversation!!Special Features:
- I haven't been there in aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2010I haven't been there in a while but it was as good as ever!
- It was Valentine's Day - butOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2010It was Valentine's Day - but it wasn't that busy. We got seated right away. The menu is very impressive as well as the wine list. The waitress did try to rush us into ordering, we instead ordered wine first then our appitizer and entree. Other tables got bread while waiting, we didn't, and it seemed to take forever for the appitizers, then it became clear why - the entrees arrived before the appitizers did. We asked them to take our entrees back so we could enjoy our appitizers first. Of course, they didn't make a fresh dinner for us, they just kept our entrees luke warm in back. While the food was decent, I was very dissappointed by the service. I may give it another try, but it will be a while.Special Features:
- As always, food was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2010As always, food was great and service very good. It is a reliable place for a group of people with diverse eating habits.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner. Very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2010Excellent dinner. Very attentive wait staff...prices were relatively moderate. An excellent dinner.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2010The food was pretty good when it actually arrived. We waited OVER AN HOUR between our appetizers coming out and the entrees finding their way to our table. Lebanese Taverna is horribly prepared to deal with large crowds, so this restaurant may be a much better experience on slower nights.Special Features:
- The best Middle Eastern foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/12/2010The best Middle Eastern food we have eaten without actually going to the Middle East!Special Features:
- I like this place becauseGroovySisterVIPDined on 2/11/2010I like this place because I can be assured of a certain quality of food and service. The newer menu is not as imposing but they do the basic kabobs and hoummous dishes as well as ever. the wine list is overly dependent on lebanese wines and the other reds are ordinary (and there is no one really to provide any guidance) we recently asked for a 2007 cab but a 2008 arrived with no discount or understanding that there was difference between years. recommended for locals and groups. great in the summer.Special Features:
- Love their food! On this visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/5/2010Love their food! On this visit at lunchtime, we had slow and inattentive service. But once ordered, the meal arrived quickly. The soda I ordered with my lunch didn't arrive until I was nearly finished with my entree.Special Features:
- Everything was delicious,JanetVIPDined on 1/25/2010Everything was delicious, and the service was excellent. I thought it was great value, and have never been disappointed at Lebanese Taverna. Huge menu with many things you can't get at other Middle Eastern restaurants. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- This was my first trip toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/24/2010This was my first trip to this Lebanese Taverna and it did not disappoint. The service was quick and the food was superb.Special Features:
- Food was good, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2010Food was good, service was good. Even though it was a Saturday night and they had people waiting for tables the server did not try to rush us, we really appreciated that. Only caveat: it is very noisy.
- This was the first visit forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/18/2010This was the first visit for three friends to the Woodley location. It was a great choice. The food was great -- enough leftover for lunch on Tuesday. We did not drink anything but water. Our choice. Waiter was very good and explained the menu to these first-timers so we understood the difference between the Monday special and the regular menu. We were not rushed and plates were not pulled away from the first finished while the others were still eating. It is sooooooooooo rude when wait staff clear the plate of one or two before others are finished. Who wants to keep eating when no one else has a plate in front of them????? The meal and ambiance were very good and we would all recommend LT to others.Special Features:
- I made a reservation for 10OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2010I made a reservation for 10 people over the noon hour. The table was ready to go, the service was excellent as was the food. The vegetarian food selection was very good as well. I would highly recommend the Lebanese Taverna!Special Features:
- The food at Lebanese TavernaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2009The food at Lebanese Taverna is always good. However, we went on New Year's Eve for the special New Year's Eve event that included unlimited mezza plates, belly dancing, etc. When we were seated that evening, we found out that the event was canceled at Woodley Park and moved to the Bethesda location. One of the employees told us that they called everyone who made reservations. We were never called nor emailed. I had even called the restaurant that day to make a reservation edit and asked if the event was going on still. The employee on the phone had said "yes". The manager was nice and gave us a campagne bottle to make up for it. Next time I hope the restaurant makes sure to let everyone know the event is canceled.
- I've been to the originalVIPwithOpenTableVIPDined on 12/27/2009I've been to the original Lebanese Taverna in Arlington, VA, numerous times as a child. It was my first time dining in the D.C. location of this "chain." The service was not as good as it's been in the Tysons Galleria and Arlington locations, but it was adequate. The food was very good and almost identical to the McLean and Arlington locations. I probably won't return to the D.C. location -- only because parking is a bit tough and the service wasn't exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent and authentic LebaneseSuzyDined on 12/10/2009Excellent and authentic Lebanese dishes. Friendly service. Nice setting.Special Features:
- I have eaten at Lebanese TavernaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/30/2009I have eaten at Lebanese Taverna many times and never had a bad meal. Great food at reasonable prices and very friendly staff - a staple of my DC restaurant favorites.Special Features:
- Overall the experience weOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/28/2009Overall the experience we had at the Lebanese Taverna was good. We dined with a group of six and did make a reservation, but unfortunately we had to stand around at the door for upwards of ten minutes while they put together our table. Additionally, for the group of six, they gave us a tight table in the back of the restaurant right next to the kitchen. Obviously on busy nights someone has to sit there, but with a half full restaurant do you really need to squeeze a large group into a too-small noisy space? Otherwise, the service was good throughout the meal. My meal was good, although my fiancee's lamb steak was cooked a bit unevenly. Everyone else seemed to enjoy their meal, especially the group's vegetarian.Special Features:
- It took them a while to seatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/24/2009It took them a while to seat us and a waiter to get to us. Once we ordered, everything came very quickly and hot and they were very attentive. Our waiter made suggestions that were very good. Their creme brulee crisper was broken so we couldnt have it, which would have been nice to know when they handed us the menu since he knew immediately when we ordered it and said it had been broken for a few days. Overall, it was a fun spot. great for groups since it was a bunch of really yummy small plates which we could share which meant we got to taste a lot of different thingsSpecial Features:
- Althoug I made a reservationXXXXVIPDined on 11/21/2009Althoug I made a reservation for 12 people, we couldn't get any table since the restaurant was very crowded. I tried to tell a person at the front counter that we made a reservation, however, there were hundreds of people who also made reservations but still couldn't get tables. Therefore, we, 12 people, just needed to leave the restaurant and find a new place. It was a horrible experience, and I feel sorry for the other group members who were looking forward to having dinner at Lebanese Taverna. Although I still believe that Lebanese Taverna serves excellent food, and it is one of my favorit restaurants, I feel they shouldn't join OpenTable.com if they cannot guarantee our reservations.
- I always love the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009I always love the experience of going to Lebanese Taverna at Woodley Park location; the latest visit, however, was not as successful as earlier ones. We weren't seated until 7:45 p.m. -- admittedly it was a very busy night -- after a 7 p.m. reservation. The host graciously comped us with free hummus/pita bread and baklava for our delays, so that was very nice. However, I notice the next day that we were charged for two sets of drinks on our table bill despite the fact that the first round of drinks (wine) were paid for at the bar. So I wasted $25 on the restaurant. My fault for not checking the bill earlier, but it left a sour tinge on the night.Special Features:
- VERY NOISY! HARD TO HAVE AOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2009VERY NOISY! HARD TO HAVE A CONVERSATION AT OUR TABLE.
- The food was excellent butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2009The food was excellent but the server experience was lackingSpecial Features: