Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
2641 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 02007Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 2022658681x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:00p.m. - 11:00p.m.
Sunday 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Monday - Friday 4:00p.m. - 7:00p.m. in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4-$6.00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Joseph Comfort
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at email@example.com
- Entertainment: DJ Dance Night - Friday and Saturday starting at 10:30pm
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
Lebanese Taverna DC is located directly across from the Woodley Park metro, this location now offers a 13-seat bar, lounge and seating for 130 people. Great for groups of all sizes and offers a private room for seating up to 56 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (24)great for lunch (23)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- DCdinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Noise level on Saturday night made conversation difficult.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/13/2014The atmosphere is very attractive, though it can be a bit noisy if crowded. The food was good, but I would say there was nothing that really stood out. If you're in the mood for typical Lebanese food, they do a decent job here for a reasonable price. My one big gripe is the prices of the wine list--the wines are incredibly marked up with hardly any affordable choices.
- Just OkJimsDined on 10/11/2014The food was ok, I wasn't totally impressed. My salad was kind of bland. The lamb dishes were heavy.Special Features:
- Always a great mealLindalovesfoosDined on 10/10/2014We now go to this restaurant routinely with our kids, 6&9 and it is always a great experience. We love the the puffy bread and olive oil and zaytar. I love the fatteh with eggplant and my duaghter enjoys the grilled chicken and rice. My husbands chicken farouj was juicy and tender send made great left overs. The service is always friendly.Special Features:
- Always a Great ExperienceGirlwithaplanDined on 10/6/2014My colleagues and I found the Lebanese Taverna while attending a convention at the Omni Shoreham Hotel a few years ago. Since that occasion, we have been back to host business dinners while in the DC area. I have brought friends to the restaurant for a grande finale meal while visiting the city. Since we are not from the area, it is wonderful to know that we will be enjoying great food and service whenever we choose the Lebanese Taverna.Special Features:
- Well Executed Lebanese FoodTdalecVIPDined on 9/28/2014The warm bread with za'atar-laced olive oil was the great start. After that, everything else tasted like Lebanon, too. Even down to the Lebanon-brewed beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just LovelyCherylspeaksDined on 9/20/2014As always this place is fantastic. It must have been a while since I've been here because they have remodeled and it is FABULOUS. The food of course is always on point. A small group of us had dinner on Saturday night. Lovely.Special Features:
- Two times in one DayFamilyskitripVIPDined on 9/19/2014I ate here two times in one day. Lunch and Dinner - great food both times and everyone enjoyed it. Enough Said!!!!Special Features:
- Great appetizersLolachicaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Visitor to the area, dropped in for an early dinner. Enjoyed people watching on the outdoor patio. Tried the mixed plate sampler and it was all delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redo and increased noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Regular meeting goer in DC. Frequently stay in Woodly Park area. Love the LT, however, with its stunning renovation, the noise level is out of control. you can only comfortably talk to the person next to you and directly across from you. adding sound absorbing materials would be very beneficial. Food continues to remain outstanding as is the service. Have been dining at this venue for more than 25 years. Always try to squeeze in a meal at LT and bring friends.Special Features:
- Loved it!RichnKathyDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have been to Lebanese Taverna a number of times and we've never been disappointed. We took a friend who was in town for a convention to dinner and she had a wonderful time! The food was delicious(as always), and the service was wonderful! We would never hesitate to recommend your restaurant to friends because we know you guys get it done! Thanks again for a wonderful dinner experience!!Special Features:
- Excellent foodLeahgrrlDined on 9/4/2014I picked this place for dinner while in DC for a conference. The food was really excellent quality, tasted authentic, very fresh. A little noisy in the restaurant, because it was busy, but we still got good waiter service, and they accommodated the 2 extra people in our party even though we only had reservations for 3. I'm still thinking about that food, and now all my friends love Lebanese food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatDeuce15VIPDined on 9/3/2014Great little place - very authentic. Just down the hill from the MarriottSpecial Features:
- Consistently deliciousLindalovesfoosDined on 8/29/2014We love the food here. The service is always friendly and attentive. Recently we have begun taking our children, 6 & 9 here and the whole family enjoys dinner. The tabouli is fresh, the eggplant fatteh, is a favorite and my children love the platters. We always have a good time, never feel rushed and always leave satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy because of conferenceworldtravellerVIPDined on 8/29/2014food is fine but the wait, even with an open table reservation took a long time. No where to wait and the place was packed
- Great for lunchmsfwdcDined on 8/26/2014The food continues to be wonderful and innovative. Prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality and variety of the menu. I've enjoyed Lebanese Taverna since it first opened years ago. Service and food at the various locations is consistently high quality. The settings are attractive and well maintained. They would be suitable to a more formal meal but the warm and welcoming atmosphere is good for casual dining as well. My friend who is also a long time Taverna patron agreed. We always look forward to dining there and will return soon.Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014This is the third time I've had the privilege to dine at Lebanese Taverna and, once again, it was worth the wait. My go-to choice (the falafel sandwich was refreshing and perfect for a warm summer day) did not disappoint; my husband enjoyed the chicken shawarma, but admitted he's had better. The fig liqueur-based cocktail was AMAZING: a pièce de résistance! Though I've only had lunch here, I imagine the ambience at night/on the weekends would be stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abandoned by serverDancingbearDined on 8/15/2014On Friday on the patio our server had difficulty keeping up with his orders and we could not get his attention. Half way through lunch our original server abandoned us and we had to engage another server to finish the meal service.....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlebaneseDined on 8/14/2014Great food. However the outdoor service needs improvement. I dined here before and the service inside was outstanding.Special Features:
- RelaxingEleanorDined on 8/9/2014We ate outside on a pleasant summer evening. We enjoyed the two sampler platters which had many Lebanese specialties, all prepared and presented beautifully. The waitstaff was welcoming and professional.Special Features:
- Overall great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014A group of us went for lunch durinto take advantage of the 35th anniversary menu. The prices were great! food was really good and the restaurant is beautiful. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- JaniceJaniceDined on 7/29/2014I had not been to this LT location in quite a while. The interior is quite lovely and the food good as always. But the bathrooms are an abomination! Seriously, they need to rethink the unisex idea and go back to separate womens and mens stalls. Three of the stalls I entered had little puddles of pee at the base of the toilet! Come on guys, aim better! The stall I finally settled for had used toothpicks on the counter. One of the friends I was with was equally disgusted by the filthy stalls. I would not go back to this location because of the bathrooms!
- DisappointingfoodloverDined on 7/19/2014I had high expectations but have been by and large disappointed. The appertizers were good, especially the falafel, but the bread was too crispy (as if it was left in the oven for too long) and the main course (mixed grill) was a big disappointment, especially the lamb and the ground meat (the chicken was OK). As for deserts, the baklawa was not a match to those I ate at other restaurants.
- Always goodbeafishDined on 7/19/2014Lebanese Taverna has been the go to place for Middle Eastern food in DC for so many years and they do not disappoint. Lots of choices for a vegetarian and meat eaters as well. The service was swift and no waiting. The dining room is very large with high ceilings. The outdoor seating was packed and is great and very lively since there are several outdoor restaurants along this block. Parking is challenging so avoid driving if you are able, walk or take the Metro which is right across the street.Special Features:
- Great experienceFoodieFishDined on 7/8/2014My friend and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The service was outstanding as well. Get the Shrimp Arak for an appetizer!Special Features:
- Food good / Service excellentFOODIEDined on 7/4/2014Overall, the food was excellent. Our waiter, who is originally from Turkey, was excellent. He was extremely friendly, which made our dining experience at Lebanese Taverna a very memorable one. I will def go there every time I visit D.C. going fwd.Special Features:
- We're here - again.TribecaLuncherVIPDined on 7/3/2014The chicken and beef shwarma, tabbouleh, hummus, babaghanoush and bread are so delicious. Whenever we visit DC, having lunch or dinner at Lebanese Taverna is always on our agenda. Good food, nice decor, friendly service, close to the zoo, great location - right across from the Adams Morgan/ Woodley Park station (red line). We keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmsterdamDined on 6/30/2014Lebanese Taverna is a place to go with friends and family. It is the best Lebanese food I've ever had in the USA! Service can take a little long when it is really busy, but it is worth waiting for. The manager is very accomodating, and people are gentle and friendly. I'd highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great job of feeding gf folksILoveBaroloVIPDined on 6/28/2014This place never fails. great place to meet friends for a quick bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 466 reviews are from the Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC reviews archive.
- Reliable as ever!YorksterDined on 6/20/2014Can't beat LT at what it does! And the DC location was terrific all around! Varied and interesting menu, great ambience, reasonable, etc., etc. only surprise: Open Table indicated validated parking in private lot, but was told at restaurant no validation at lunch. Still, beats feeding meter every hour on street. A++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not-so-great pricesgivlcaeDined on 6/14/2014I loved the food and the environment. Our server was great too, injecting humor and personality without trying too hard. The pricing, however, did compare somewhat unfavorably to peer restaurants, but it won't break the bank. The baklava was very good, and I had delicious gin cocktail as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic food!anonDined on 6/14/2014Great food, better service. The service during this visit was definitely the best we've received from LT.Special Features:
- A welcome reliefsk8ladyVIPDined on 6/13/2014About half a block from the Omni and even closer to the Marriott, this great little family-owned place is a delight. I had the hummus trio and it wound up being my whole dinner, along with two fabulous felafal.Two thumbs up!Special Features:
- hrsgurlVIPDined on 6/13/2014The ambience and authentic feel make Lebanese Taverna a standout among Mediterranean restaurants in the DC area. We tried a sampler of hummus and a sampler of Lebanese fare coupled with Lebanese beer. Outside dining is available but quickly became a challenge due to a sudden torrential downpour. Service staff was great and got us situated inside pretty quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food;Service a tad slowLike2SkiDined on 6/10/2014I loved the location right near the metro so an easy place to meet a friend. I enjoyed the food, but the service was a little slow. I would eat here again though.Special Features:
- TravelWriterSpousrDined on 6/2/2014So for old-timers, this new, modern restaurant doesn't have the cozy charm of the original. The current menu has been stripped down and removes the mystique. That a said, the food is as wonderful as ever. The artichoke starter exceeded my expectations and the mezzo platters were delicious.
- Thanks!AnthDined on 5/29/2014Working in customer service myself, I always appreciate attention to detail. Both the hostess and server said happy birthday after I had mentioned on open table that we were celebrating a birthday. Our server Abigail made some awesome recommendations which we really enjoyed and then topped it off with a comp dessert for the birthday celebration. Thanks again for the great night, great food, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good experienceTheWiseBardDined on 5/26/2014We weren't quite sure what to expect, but our dinner at LT was a winner. Living in Wisconsin, our opportunities for really good Middle Eastern food are quite limited, and the relative elegance and refinement of LT's dishes and ambience were impressive. We loved the plate of appetizing filled pastries, and the hummus sampler was fun, especially with the delicious, just out of the oven pita (who knew?). Entree of whole broiled fish was not quite up to the ultra fresh renditions I've had on Greek islands, but was nonetheless delicious. Not crazy about their distinctive baklava, but a bread pudding concoction brought a delicious and satisfying end to the meal. Service was uneven, and not always prompt, but the food carried the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsTribecaLuncherVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food in Lebanese Taverna is delicious. Babaghanoush, tabbouleh, chicken and beef shwarma or kefta are our top picks. This is conveniently located across the Woodley stop. Nice middle eastern decor with a modern touch, vibrant crowd. This is our favorite restaurant whenever we visit DC. ...Wish they were in NJ.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lebanese foodLobeeDined on 5/18/2014We were visiting from California, and wanted a good place for a special dinner after graduation. The service was friendly and responsive. But best of all, this was the authentic Lebanese food we remember from Sita's kitchen. Try the grape leaves and the Kibbee. What a treat.Special Features: