Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
2641 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: (202) 265-8681
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:30a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:00p.m. - 11:00p.m.
Sunday 4:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Monday - Friday 4:00p.m. - 7:00p.m. in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4-$6.00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Joseph Comfort
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at email@example.com
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC
Lebanese Taverna DC is located directly across from the Woodley Park metro, this location now offers a 13-seat bar, lounge and seating for 130 people. Great for groups of all sizes and offers a private room for seating up to 56 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (33)great for lunch (19)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (14)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (11)romantic (9)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- This is a Good OneThrowsguyVIPDined on 11/25/2014Lebanese Taverna is a chain with quality varying from location to location. This one is one of the best, if not the best. I've been back several times whereas there are others I would never go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATNeunuebelVIPDined on 11/24/2014Simply wonderful. GREAT FOOD and a beautiful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Kitchen timing a little off.FoodforthoughtDined on 11/19/2014We used to love to eat at Lebanese Taverna when we lived in the area-- prior to the renovation. The updated dining room with the higher arched ceilings and open bar area is a nice change and is quite an attractive makeover. The restaurant is still quite loud, though, so be forewarned. I ate there recently with an out of town guest on a Wed. night. We split several items from the mezze menu including the lamb/beef sliders, baba ganoush, chicken wings with lemon and garlic; shrimp and the cauliflower and chick peas. The sliders were my favorite, and my companion, a non-red meat eater, really liked the zesty shrimp. Overall, the food was excellent except for the cauliflower which was just "ok". The servings are a decent size and we honestly could have been happy with one less dish. The server we had was very pleasant and my comments below are really directed at the kitchen's timing which needs improvement. The server told us that the dishes would be brought out as they were prepared. This is fine and what we expect when eating small plates. However, the kitchen sent out all the dishes at exactly the same time. This meant that some of the food got cold fairly quickly -- most of the dishes we had ordered were designed to be served warm. In addition, the tables here are small and there was not enough room for the food on the table. I ended up putting the basket of pita bread (which was delicious, by the way) on the bench beside me which was pretty awkward. The timing problem seemed to be pretty common. The table next to us received their full meals minutes after they had started their appetizers. I guess one way to deal with the timing is to try to control the flow of food by ordering a couple of mezze and then ordering more once you received your first plates. But you shouldn't have to control the kitchen like this at a restaurant at this price level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfiedcustomerDined on 11/8/2014As always the food was excellent. This time we loaded up on appetizers for our main meal. Enjoyed it all. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/8/2014The food was good; the service was the worst i've had ever. The waiter disappeared after taking our order. We saw several tables served beforee us who were seated after us.
- AuthenticshadowDined on 11/8/2014Authentic Lebanese food which is very good. I found both locations in DC and Baltimore to be similar in quality. Consistently good.Special Features:
- Love this placeTribecaLuncherVIPDined on 11/8/2014This our favorite restaurant when visiting DC. Great location- a Ross from Woodsley Station (red line) and within walking distance to the zoo.... Ornate lamps of middle eastern decor Love the chicken, lamb and beef shawarma, tabbouleh, hummus, babaghanoush, and the freshly baked bread. Our server was just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Went to the place on sunday afternoon with a group of 10 people. We were there for brunch but were told they told longer had the brunch menu. Their website still had the brunch menu available so we were puzzled with the new findings. The server was great and attentive. The food came out quickly and was great. All of us enjoyed the food and the ambiance was great as well. Would recommend this place for anyone looking to explore a great place.Special Features:
- Wonderful service for a Bday groupJohnDined on 10/18/2014Sonny took wonderful care of our 7-person party. He made the thoughtful suggestion that we try the family-style chef menu, custom-ordered a dessert sampler for us to share, and made sure we had plenty to drink. Truly a class act! Oh, and the food was delicious, too!Special Features:
- DCdinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014Noise level on Saturday night made conversation difficult.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your same-old Lebanese TavernaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014Lebanese Taverna has long been in our family repertoire for dining at the Woodley restaurant and for its catering service. We took out of town friends here on a busy Saturday night and were impressed by the updated, hopping ambiance of the recently renovated Woodley location. The food and service were great, and the Chef's Plate options make the price affordable. After enjoying the catering arm so frequently, it was a treat to have the fresh bread (is naan the right word for Lebanese bread/) The only drawback is that it was so noisy, which made it hard for our table of 4 to have a comfortable conversation.Special Features:
- Reliably great Lebanese foodfoodfunVIPDined on 10/17/2014Lebanese Taverna on Connecticut Ave right across from the Woodley Park metro has been a reliably great place for Lebanese food. Busy and noisy, filled with millenials, families and seniors - everyone, the service is always speedy, the waiters friendly and the food special. We dined on small plates - great eggplant dishes, sliders of chicken, beef and lamb on pita - the pita is the best in town and just keeps coming. I love the raw lamb tartar (kibbeh nayeh). For home parties, the catering service is super.Special Features:
- Nice place, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/13/2014The atmosphere is very attractive, though it can be a bit noisy if crowded. The food was good, but I would say there was nothing that really stood out. If you're in the mood for typical Lebanese food, they do a decent job here for a reasonable price. My one big gripe is the prices of the wine list--the wines are incredibly marked up with hardly any affordable choices.
- Just OkJimsDined on 10/11/2014The food was ok, I wasn't totally impressed. My salad was kind of bland. The lamb dishes were heavy.Special Features:
- Always a great mealLindalovesfoosDined on 10/10/2014We now go to this restaurant routinely with our kids, 6&9 and it is always a great experience. We love the the puffy bread and olive oil and zaytar. I love the fatteh with eggplant and my duaghter enjoys the grilled chicken and rice. My husbands chicken farouj was juicy and tender send made great left overs. The service is always friendly.Special Features:
- Always a Great ExperienceGirlwithaplanDined on 10/6/2014My colleagues and I found the Lebanese Taverna while attending a convention at the Omni Shoreham Hotel a few years ago. Since that occasion, we have been back to host business dinners while in the DC area. I have brought friends to the restaurant for a grande finale meal while visiting the city. Since we are not from the area, it is wonderful to know that we will be enjoying great food and service whenever we choose the Lebanese Taverna.Special Features:
- Well Executed Lebanese FoodTdalecVIPDined on 9/28/2014The warm bread with za'atar-laced olive oil was the great start. After that, everything else tasted like Lebanon, too. Even down to the Lebanon-brewed beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just LovelyCherylspeaksDined on 9/20/2014As always this place is fantastic. It must have been a while since I've been here because they have remodeled and it is FABULOUS. The food of course is always on point. A small group of us had dinner on Saturday night. Lovely.Special Features:
- Two times in one DayFamilyskitripVIPDined on 9/19/2014I ate here two times in one day. Lunch and Dinner - great food both times and everyone enjoyed it. Enough Said!!!!Special Features:
- Great appetizersLolachicaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Visitor to the area, dropped in for an early dinner. Enjoyed people watching on the outdoor patio. Tried the mixed plate sampler and it was all delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redo and increased noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Regular meeting goer in DC. Frequently stay in Woodly Park area. Love the LT, however, with its stunning renovation, the noise level is out of control. you can only comfortably talk to the person next to you and directly across from you. adding sound absorbing materials would be very beneficial. Food continues to remain outstanding as is the service. Have been dining at this venue for more than 25 years. Always try to squeeze in a meal at LT and bring friends.Special Features:
- Loved it!RichnKathyDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have been to Lebanese Taverna a number of times and we've never been disappointed. We took a friend who was in town for a convention to dinner and she had a wonderful time! The food was delicious(as always), and the service was wonderful! We would never hesitate to recommend your restaurant to friends because we know you guys get it done! Thanks again for a wonderful dinner experience!!Special Features:
- Excellent foodLeahgrrlDined on 9/4/2014I picked this place for dinner while in DC for a conference. The food was really excellent quality, tasted authentic, very fresh. A little noisy in the restaurant, because it was busy, but we still got good waiter service, and they accommodated the 2 extra people in our party even though we only had reservations for 3. I'm still thinking about that food, and now all my friends love Lebanese food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatDeuce15VIPDined on 9/3/2014Great little place - very authentic. Just down the hill from the MarriottSpecial Features:
- Very good LebaneseProfessorFoodieDined on 8/29/2014Very good mezze makes a nice late dinner. This is a very good place for quality Lebanese food. I have had better but only rarely in the USA.
- Consistently deliciousLindalovesfoosDined on 8/29/2014We love the food here. The service is always friendly and attentive. Recently we have begun taking our children, 6 & 9 here and the whole family enjoys dinner. The tabouli is fresh, the eggplant fatteh, is a favorite and my children love the platters. We always have a good time, never feel rushed and always leave satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busy because of conferenceworldtravellerVIPDined on 8/29/2014food is fine but the wait, even with an open table reservation took a long time. No where to wait and the place was packed
- Great for lunchmsfwdcDined on 8/26/2014The food continues to be wonderful and innovative. Prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality and variety of the menu. I've enjoyed Lebanese Taverna since it first opened years ago. Service and food at the various locations is consistently high quality. The settings are attractive and well maintained. They would be suitable to a more formal meal but the warm and welcoming atmosphere is good for casual dining as well. My friend who is also a long time Taverna patron agreed. We always look forward to dining there and will return soon.Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014This is the third time I've had the privilege to dine at Lebanese Taverna and, once again, it was worth the wait. My go-to choice (the falafel sandwich was refreshing and perfect for a warm summer day) did not disappoint; my husband enjoyed the chicken shawarma, but admitted he's had better. The fig liqueur-based cocktail was AMAZING: a pièce de résistance! Though I've only had lunch here, I imagine the ambience at night/on the weekends would be stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abandoned by serverDancingbearDined on 8/15/2014On Friday on the patio our server had difficulty keeping up with his orders and we could not get his attention. Half way through lunch our original server abandoned us and we had to engage another server to finish the meal service.....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodlebaneseDined on 8/14/2014Great food. However the outdoor service needs improvement. I dined here before and the service inside was outstanding.Special Features:
- RelaxingEleanorDined on 8/9/2014We ate outside on a pleasant summer evening. We enjoyed the two sampler platters which had many Lebanese specialties, all prepared and presented beautifully. The waitstaff was welcoming and professional.Special Features:
- The following 475 reviews are from the Lebanese Taverna - Washington DC reviews archive.
- Overall great experienceAniaSDined on 7/30/2014A group of us went for lunch durinto take advantage of the 35th anniversary menu. The prices were great! food was really good and the restaurant is beautiful. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- JaniceJaniceDined on 7/29/2014I had not been to this LT location in quite a while. The interior is quite lovely and the food good as always. But the bathrooms are an abomination! Seriously, they need to rethink the unisex idea and go back to separate womens and mens stalls. Three of the stalls I entered had little puddles of pee at the base of the toilet! Come on guys, aim better! The stall I finally settled for had used toothpicks on the counter. One of the friends I was with was equally disgusted by the filthy stalls. I would not go back to this location because of the bathrooms!
- DisappointingfoodloverDined on 7/19/2014I had high expectations but have been by and large disappointed. The appertizers were good, especially the falafel, but the bread was too crispy (as if it was left in the oven for too long) and the main course (mixed grill) was a big disappointment, especially the lamb and the ground meat (the chicken was OK). As for deserts, the baklawa was not a match to those I ate at other restaurants.
- Always goodbeafishDined on 7/19/2014Lebanese Taverna has been the go to place for Middle Eastern food in DC for so many years and they do not disappoint. Lots of choices for a vegetarian and meat eaters as well. The service was swift and no waiting. The dining room is very large with high ceilings. The outdoor seating was packed and is great and very lively since there are several outdoor restaurants along this block. Parking is challenging so avoid driving if you are able, walk or take the Metro which is right across the street.Special Features:
- Great experienceFoodieFishDined on 7/8/2014My friend and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The service was outstanding as well. Get the Shrimp Arak for an appetizer!Special Features:
- Food good / Service excellentFOODIEDined on 7/4/2014Overall, the food was excellent. Our waiter, who is originally from Turkey, was excellent. He was extremely friendly, which made our dining experience at Lebanese Taverna a very memorable one. I will def go there every time I visit D.C. going fwd.Special Features:
- We're here - again.TribecaLuncherVIPDined on 7/3/2014The chicken and beef shwarma, tabbouleh, hummus, babaghanoush and bread are so delicious. Whenever we visit DC, having lunch or dinner at Lebanese Taverna is always on our agenda. Good food, nice decor, friendly service, close to the zoo, great location - right across from the Adams Morgan/ Woodley Park station (red line). We keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmsterdamDined on 6/30/2014Lebanese Taverna is a place to go with friends and family. It is the best Lebanese food I've ever had in the USA! Service can take a little long when it is really busy, but it is worth waiting for. The manager is very accomodating, and people are gentle and friendly. I'd highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.