Lebanese Taverna - Tysons Galleria
1840 International Drive
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Tysons Galleria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 7038475244x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 11:30pm - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Weekend Brunch - Saturday and Sunday 11:30am - 4:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:00pm -7:00pm in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4-6.00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at email@example.com
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 5-7pm at the Bar and Lounge. Featuring selected mezza plates and alcoholic beverages ranging from $4.00 - $6.00. Bottomless Hommos $6.00
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Tysons Galleria
Lebanese Taverna creates an environment where good food is enjoyed in good company. Each restaurant is a "home away from home," even though the food and ambiance are from across the globe. Whether you are visiting for the first time, the twentieth, or have been coming to a Lebanese Taverna for over 29 years, you will feel welcomed and like a member of the family. The atmosphere is bustling and each of the restaurants has its own design and slightly different flavors. That is because the food is made fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Tysons Galleria reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (45)great for lunch (40)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (24)neighborhood gem (19)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (9)hot spot (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Consistently very tasty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is a favorite! Very good food and service. I would choose a different seat next time. The noise level of the staff in the back (talking and tossing silverware into the bins) was intrusive.Special Features:
- AmiiDined on 8/30/2014I surprised my husband with a birthday dinner with family and friends at the Taverna. The food was fabulous as always and our servers superb! When we first sat down the air conditioning duct was blowing directly on us. We asked if it could be turned down or off and within a few minutes they had remedied the problem. I love the Taverna and have been to their other locations in Va. I wish they could have an outside seating space that was more aesthetically pleasing and not directly off the underground parking at Tyson's Galleria. We will continue to go there again and again. The best of Lebanese cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The food was fabulous! !! Well seasoned and well prepared dishes. We ordered an array of appetizers & loved them all. The main entrees were equally delicious & everyone was pleased. Our server Tony was the best!!!! He was attentive & we were waited on hand & foot! A wonderful experience by all! Go! you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smaller menu?SallyEDined on 8/22/2014Haven't been to this restaurant in a few years. My husband had lamb shanks and I had a shrimp kabob. Our friends had a sample platter. The food was good as was the service. I have also eaten at the location in D.C. years ago. This menu seemed to have fewer choices.
- Great RestaurantTheDMVDined on 8/22/2014Food and service is really good. Prices are not bad for a Tyson's Corner Restaurant. Decor is beautiful. Try this place, you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new sliders!WorkingLunchVIPDined on 8/22/2014I come to Lebanese Taverna frequently for lunch, but this was the first time I sat in the bar area. Great service--our fresh-from-the-oven bread was at our table in minutes. Highlight was the shawarma sliders - just the right amount of food for a light lunch, and a tangy kick in each bite. Noise level was high, but we could still easily carry on a conversation. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunionBanoojonVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had friends reunion and enjoyed our lunch very much.Special Features:
- Celerated teir 35 years AnniversaryNanaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Te prices ere 35 years ago so it was a very good dealSpecial Features:
- Great spot for Lebanese foodhungryfoodieDined on 8/9/2014The food is excellent. Lebanese food, in general is always flavorful without being overpowering. The food at Lebanese Taverna never disappoints. This is some of the best Lebanese food I have ever had, with subtleties of flavor that cannot be found anywhere else. The atmosphere is casual but upscale. The service is great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the BaklawaHarnsDined on 8/9/2014Appetizers and entrees were up to usual and expected standards. Lamb and eggplant Fatteh entrees very tasty. Baklawa was cold and hard - very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/3/2014We have been to LT many times. This time it was with my son and his two girls - 14 & 10 - visiting from San Francisco, CA. He remembers going many years ago to the original in Arlington. The food, as usual, was very good. Loved the pistachio gelato with all the desserts. The bread pudding was so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it hereJill1401Dined on 8/3/2014The service is impeccable and the food is interesting and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but Very LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a nice dinner but the restaurant is very loud so it made conversation at our table very difficult. I would suggest going in groups as it's not an intimate dining place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a groupFrequentdinerDined on 8/2/2014This attractive, reasonably priced mall restaurant serves food perfect for sharing. Middle-eastern, Lebanese food has always been small plates ordered as a first course, with an entree. If you order a number of small plates, and share a couple of entrees everyone will have plenty to eat and the bill will be reasonable -- but for this, the more the merrier. Just beware -- the restaurant when crowded is on the loud side.Special Features:
- LebanesfoodloversDined on 7/26/2014The food is very good. The service was good; the waitres were kind of stressed perhaps because there was a large group on the side of the room separated by a curtain. The noise level was too loud. Overall, we would go back again because we enjoy Lebanes food.Special Features:
- BaltyDined on 7/23/2014Good food, fast service and good location. Ideal for business lunch it quick get-togethers. The open room seating does get a bit loud when full.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We went recently with friends we hadn't seen in months. It's a great place to share delicious food and catch up. We tried five different mezzas so there was something for everyone. And that bread. Couldn't get enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousVanessaVIPDined on 7/19/2014We dined here on a busy Saturday evening. We had reservations and were seated immediately. Our waitress was very attentive and informative about the food. We ordered the fried olives and fried artichokes for appetizers. They were delicious. My daughter and I shared the Taverna Platter. The hummus was SO GOOD. Salad and rice were great. The chicken was nice, but not as good as the rest of the platter. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They've got it down patFurloughed1VIPDined on 6/28/2014Here's why you should go to Lebanese Taverna at Tyson's Galleria. 1) Parking is convenient to the restaurant; 2) They have a pleasant out-door dining area; 3) The food is good and the menu is not confusing; 4) They have a great selection of Lebanese wine; 5) It is very kid-friendly and they have a great kids' menu.; 6) Service can be great if you get the right person (unfortunately we didn't on our last visit and hence 2 stars for service)Special Features:
- Good Lebanese optionelwdvsDined on 6/27/2014The food was good and there are plenty of food and drink options. Service was a little slow but the host and waitress were nice. This is a pricier place, but the food is qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitNdeaRayneDined on 6/18/2014A group of co-workers and I visited for lunch and it was wonderful. The food was tasty and the service was great. The prices are reasonable. There is enough space so the tables aren't close with people bumping into you as you eat. We were able to order and dine within an hour. That was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great restaurantMethreeVIPDined on 6/13/2014I really enjoy dinner at Lebanese Taverna. We always have a good time and enjoy the food. As I told the gentleman (manager?) at the host / hostess stand when we were leaving, the waiter that we had was not very attentive and he cost them the profit on another drink. I was going to order (actually I did order) a second drink but it took us so long to get his attention to place the order for the drink that we were finished eating by the time he walked by again (he stopped by to tell us that he placed the drink order). We told him to cancel and just get us the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find, but worth itMsAceDined on 5/28/2014Maybe you can get right in from the parking lot (it's next to Cheesecake Factory), but once you're in the mall it can be v. difficult. The atmosphere and food were great, and our service was wonderful and helpful. I recommend the Lebanese Sampler, 9 dollops of native foods which add up to an adequate lunch with the free bread basket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 577 reviews are from the Lebanese Taverna - Tysons Galleria reviews archive.
- Delicious LunchtikakebrDined on 5/24/2014My friend and I ate a delicious lunch of samplings. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys aromatic, tender, fragrant meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedUsuallyNeverComplainDined on 5/21/2014Positives: Nice outdoor patio Yummy hummus appetizer Negatives: Very loud trash truck came to empty the dumpster right during lunch; Not enough veggie chips with hummus appetizer; Lentil soup was somewhat bland; VERY disappointed in the eggplant salad (it's basically JUST smooshed up eggplant, and 1 piece of lettuce); Server seemed indifferent to being there
- Good food, terrible serviceMrsTVIPDined on 5/18/2014Lebanese Taverna is one of my stand by favorites, but that all changed over the weekend with our incredibly rude waitress. It was embarrassing to have brought a friend to this establishment as our beverages were empty for 15+ minutes at a time and other requests took even longer to fill. The waitress only had 2-3 small tables during our visit and she did not adequately service any of us. I asked for additional garlic and each time I asked for it she was incredibly put out and inquired if I wanted to be charged for a full order of it (I've never seen it listed on the menu as a side/extra). No aspect of the service was quick or positive. The waitress was just so rude and neglectful I don't know if I"ll be back.Special Features:
- Best food I've had in a long timeCC93Dined on 5/16/20142nd trip to restaurant in less than a week, it is that good. Lamb shank was divine. Love the freshly baked bread and the oil for dipping.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFoodGuruVIPDined on 5/15/2014Had another great dinner with a wonderful server!!! Makes such a difference in the overall experience - thank you.....Special Features:
- A Lebanese StapleLipcheesVIPDined on 5/15/2014Lebanese Taverna is one of my go-tos in terms of great and reliable restaurants. I can always count on great food, excellent service and a warm and inviting atmosphere. I bring out of town friends here all of the time - especially those who have never tried Lebanese food. It's one of my top ten!!Special Features:
- Good for Special OccasionsmicheyyDined on 5/11/2014I took my mother here for mothers day, the service was excellent and the food was delicious. Overall had a good experience and the server make good food recommendation. Make sure that you read the check they will add 18% tip to your check without warning which is okay .Special Features:
- More Expensive, Less GoodNicholasDined on 5/11/2014This was our tenth or so time eating at this location and it seems to be continuing a steady decline. Brunch was $140 for 2 adults and 2 kids with only one drink and the food was slow, small and uninspired. Chicken was chewy, tabouleh was not diced fine enough and the overall experience was not great. Save your money. At these prices, you can do much better.Special Features:
- Mother's day brunchvegetarianDined on 5/11/2014love the brunch and the assortment of entrees and desserts. lots to choose from for vegetarians. not all the food ordered came out and had to remind the server a few times about a few of the entrees.Special Features:
- Lovely Mother's Day BrunchJenPDined on 5/11/2014My mother and I went to Lebanese Taverna on Mother's Day. The Mother's Day brunch menu was full of delicious sounding selections. All the mezzas and small plates that we tried were terrific, and the surprisingly large portions for each made it impossible to try all of them. The dessert selection was a bit of a disappointment. We had expected some Lebanese specialties, but it was mostly ordinary (chocolate cake squares, lemon cake with crumble, some kind of cookie dough type thing). I'd like to go back with friends and try eating outside next time, though I'm not sure if the view of the parking lot would be distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my new favorite restaurantCC93Dined on 5/10/2014Exceptional food. Will be coming back over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itjess4foodDined on 5/5/2014My family and I went here for a birthday dinner and we really enjoyed ourselves. We love this kind of food and we were not disappointed. We even got a free Baklawa for dessert since it was a birthday! It was great.Special Features:
- Great Service and Flavorful FoodPittsburghTravelersDined on 5/3/2014We were in the Tysons Corner region from out of town with our 2 kids who are little "foodies". The food was hot and flavorful, the staff was friendly, and the ambiance inviting. We had a wonderful experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014This restaurant can be noisy and the tables are a bit close together, but this depends on where you are seated. The restaurant has opened its doors to the mall and to the outside, and it seems to quiet things down a bit. We were seated next to the bar and it was nice and quiet. I appreciated that as I go to eat out to talk as well as eat. The service was excellent and the food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middle Eastern CharmChickeninwinterDined on 4/26/2014The Lebanese Taverna is a great find on the lower level of Tysons Galleria. The decor and music give an authentic Middle Eastern ambiance, the servers are polite and knowledgable, and the food reasonably priced (especially after seeing the prices in the boutiques!). My drink was "pomenade," which is a blend of lemonade and pomegranate juice, and very refreshing. My entree was a bit on the salty side, but it was properly cooked, warm, and nourishing. They have a great Hummus selection for lunch, and a take-away counter. Overall, I will have to go again soon.Special Features:
- A FavoriteLipcheesVIPDined on 4/24/2014Two words: great restaurant! I am a creature of habit and always get the fatteh - half chicken, half eggplant. I am never disappointed. It's comforting to go to a place where your food expectations are always met or exceeded. And the wait staff are eager to please.Special Features:
- Lebanese all the way!!!HappyDined on 4/18/2014First time eating here, but I felt like I knew the restaurant, having been a regular at the former "I Street Cafe" (run by daughter of Lebanese Taverna). Was not at all disappointed with the food or the service. Portions are sizeable, and the prices very reasonable. Service was also very fast and the waitress was professional, curteous and eager to please. Ambiance very joyous, a little noisy at times when groups are big, but I didn't find I had to shout over everyone to make myself heard. Great evening, and soon forgot the frustrations associated with trying to find parking at the Galleria!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.