Lebanese Taverna - Tysons Galleria
1840 International Drive
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Tysons Galleria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: (703) 847-5244
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday : 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday - Wednesday: 4:00 -9:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4:00pm -7:00pm in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4-6.00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef:
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 5-7pm at the Bar and Lounge. Featuring selected mezza plates and alcoholic beverages ranging from $4.00 - $6.00. Bottomless Hommos $6.00
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Tysons Galleria
Lebanese Taverna creates an environment where good food is enjoyed in good company. Each restaurant is a "home away from home," even though the food and ambiance are from across the globe. Whether you are visiting for the first time, the twentieth, or have been coming to a Lebanese Taverna for over 35 years, you will feel welcomed and like a member of the family. The atmosphere is bustling and each of the restaurants has its own design and slightly different flavors. That is because the food is made fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Tysons Galleria reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (62)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (41)special occasion (27)kid-friendly (24)great for outdoor dining (21)neighborhood gem (18)great for brunch (12)hot spot (11)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (9)notable wine list (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- Good good, not so much serviceCupcakeBakerDined on 11/9/2014Good took a long time to come, and the iced tea came out watery. When we sent it back, it took an extremely long time to come back out, watery yet again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great shawarmaBertDined on 11/7/2014Perfect quick lunch, with well made dishes, with fresh, quality ingredients. You can taste it.Special Features:
- SolidJeffVIPDined on 11/4/2014Food was good, chicken dry, rest was great. They have turkish coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014Loved the restaurant ambient and the friendly atmosphere. We were in and out in less than an hour and that is a good thing since we only had 1.5 to do this lunch. Waiter was very knowledgeable and cordial with interest on what we wanted and also made good recommendations.Special Features:
- Very nice!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We were taking my parents out for their birthdays. We were a little late for the reservation, but they were accommodating. It was nice to order the sampler appetizer so that my 2 small kids could try some new food. The service was great, the food was wonderful, and everyone enjoyed our time together. The food was light so my parents (who are used to no salt/no butter, homemade food) also enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Really Good LebaneseFoodGuruVIPDined on 10/25/2014Very comfortable environment - really good authentic Lebanese food. Especially the hummus and other 'dipping' appetizers that most Americans may be unfamiliar with. The service can be iffy sometimes - but we were lucky on this trip and had the best waiter there! Thanks for giving us such friendly and prompt service!
- Appetizers good, Pass on Entree'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014The appetizers we ordered came out in a decent time frame & were very tasty. However, the lamb & chicken dishes we ordered took forever; my lamb was over cooked to well done vs the medium I ordered was like eating rubber, the chicken my fiance ordered was so dry. The side ordered that we placed never came out, we told the waiter, he never acted concerned. Waited a long time for drink refills (specialty bar drinks), our water never got refilled. The specialty drinks were very tasty.
- My Go To for Lunch!LipcheesVIPDined on 10/23/2014I eat lunch at Lebanese Taverna at least once a month to catch up with one of my best friends. LT has a nice casual environment and the food is always prepared just as we ask (I have a high-maintenance lunch companion who always has needs!). The staff, in particular, Samir and Yosef, (not sure if I spelled correctly) always greet us with a smile and a "welcome back" gesture that always makes me feel special. Impeccable service with a smile - can't go wrong with that!Special Features:
- labenese diningplace2dineDined on 10/17/2014Kebobs and fish preperations are incredible and the wine slections compliment the taste budsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as we rememberedrbdinerVIPDined on 10/17/2014We used to go to Lebanese Taverna a lot in the past -- but at different locations than Tysons Galleria. Maybe our memories have faded or our expectations were too high (or we had just grown used to an excellent Lebanese restaurant in Old Town Alexandria which recently closed), but the food was just not as good as we remembered. We did not care for the little sausage wiener appetizer -- nothing wrong with it, just not too our taste. Entree selection seemed shorter than we remembered at other LT locations we've been to in the past. Service was excellent -- although entrees came out too soon. Not a big deal and no real complaints -- just was not as good as we remembered.
- Always good food!TSRestonVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food has always been good and I recommend the hummus trio. Great starter with different flavors. Salads are good and the wine list does the job. They have a good list of wines by the glass and the rose pairs nicely. They do have outside seating and the bar area is a good place to eat if going solo or not wanting to wait for a table. Service is always good and attentive.Special Features:
- Happy ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/16/2014Had not been to LT for quite a while. Very enjoyable. I have food sensititivies and they were most accommodating. Plus the food was tasty and service very efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Great Friday DinnerRBSCVIPDined on 10/10/2014The menu has plenty of calorie reasonable, super tasty options that are great for a Friday night. Whether heading to the movies, milling about the mall or heading home to kick your feet up Lebanese Taverna is a great place to kick off a weekend.Special Features:
- Consistently very tasty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is a favorite! Very good food and service. I would choose a different seat next time. The noise level of the staff in the back (talking and tossing silverware into the bins) was intrusive.Special Features:
- AmiiDined on 8/30/2014I surprised my husband with a birthday dinner with family and friends at the Taverna. The food was fabulous as always and our servers superb! When we first sat down the air conditioning duct was blowing directly on us. We asked if it could be turned down or off and within a few minutes they had remedied the problem. I love the Taverna and have been to their other locations in Va. I wish they could have an outside seating space that was more aesthetically pleasing and not directly off the underground parking at Tyson's Galleria. We will continue to go there again and again. The best of Lebanese cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014The food was fabulous! !! Well seasoned and well prepared dishes. We ordered an array of appetizers & loved them all. The main entrees were equally delicious & everyone was pleased. Our server Tony was the best!!!! He was attentive & we were waited on hand & foot! A wonderful experience by all! Go! you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smaller menu?SallyEDined on 8/22/2014Haven't been to this restaurant in a few years. My husband had lamb shanks and I had a shrimp kabob. Our friends had a sample platter. The food was good as was the service. I have also eaten at the location in D.C. years ago. This menu seemed to have fewer choices.
- Great RestaurantTheDMVDined on 8/22/2014Food and service is really good. Prices are not bad for a Tyson's Corner Restaurant. Decor is beautiful. Try this place, you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new sliders!WorkingLunchVIPDined on 8/22/2014I come to Lebanese Taverna frequently for lunch, but this was the first time I sat in the bar area. Great service--our fresh-from-the-oven bread was at our table in minutes. Highlight was the shawarma sliders - just the right amount of food for a light lunch, and a tangy kick in each bite. Noise level was high, but we could still easily carry on a conversation. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experience!OtisDined on 8/20/2014I've been to the Lebanese Taverna several times in different locations and have never been disappointed. The food and service are both excellent, and the menu is diverse but still reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReunionBanoojonVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had friends reunion and enjoyed our lunch very much.Special Features:
- Celerated teir 35 years AnniversaryNanaVIPDined on 8/12/2014Te prices ere 35 years ago so it was a very good dealSpecial Features:
- Great spot for Lebanese foodhungryfoodieDined on 8/9/2014The food is excellent. Lebanese food, in general is always flavorful without being overpowering. The food at Lebanese Taverna never disappoints. This is some of the best Lebanese food I have ever had, with subtleties of flavor that cannot be found anywhere else. The atmosphere is casual but upscale. The service is great, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the BaklawaHarnsDined on 8/9/2014Appetizers and entrees were up to usual and expected standards. Lamb and eggplant Fatteh entrees very tasty. Baklawa was cold and hard - very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/3/2014We have been to LT many times. This time it was with my son and his two girls - 14 & 10 - visiting from San Francisco, CA. He remembers going many years ago to the original in Arlington. The food, as usual, was very good. Loved the pistachio gelato with all the desserts. The bread pudding was so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it hereJill1401Dined on 8/3/2014The service is impeccable and the food is interesting and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but Very LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a nice dinner but the restaurant is very loud so it made conversation at our table very difficult. I would suggest going in groups as it's not an intimate dining place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a groupFrequentdinerDined on 8/2/2014This attractive, reasonably priced mall restaurant serves food perfect for sharing. Middle-eastern, Lebanese food has always been small plates ordered as a first course, with an entree. If you order a number of small plates, and share a couple of entrees everyone will have plenty to eat and the bill will be reasonable -- but for this, the more the merrier. Just beware -- the restaurant when crowded is on the loud side.Special Features:
- LebanesfoodloversDined on 7/26/2014The food is very good. The service was good; the waitres were kind of stressed perhaps because there was a large group on the side of the room separated by a curtain. The noise level was too loud. Overall, we would go back again because we enjoy Lebanes food.Special Features:
- BaltyDined on 7/23/2014Good food, fast service and good location. Ideal for business lunch it quick get-togethers. The open room seating does get a bit loud when full.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 586 reviews are from the Lebanese Taverna - Tysons Galleria reviews archive.
- Great place with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014We went recently with friends we hadn't seen in months. It's a great place to share delicious food and catch up. We tried five different mezzas so there was something for everyone. And that bread. Couldn't get enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousVanessaVIPDined on 7/19/2014We dined here on a busy Saturday evening. We had reservations and were seated immediately. Our waitress was very attentive and informative about the food. We ordered the fried olives and fried artichokes for appetizers. They were delicious. My daughter and I shared the Taverna Platter. The hummus was SO GOOD. Salad and rice were great. The chicken was nice, but not as good as the rest of the platter. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They've got it down patFurloughed1VIPDined on 6/28/2014Here's why you should go to Lebanese Taverna at Tyson's Galleria. 1) Parking is convenient to the restaurant; 2) They have a pleasant out-door dining area; 3) The food is good and the menu is not confusing; 4) They have a great selection of Lebanese wine; 5) It is very kid-friendly and they have a great kids' menu.; 6) Service can be great if you get the right person (unfortunately we didn't on our last visit and hence 2 stars for service)Special Features:
- Good Lebanese optionelwdvsDined on 6/27/2014The food was good and there are plenty of food and drink options. Service was a little slow but the host and waitress were nice. This is a pricier place, but the food is qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitNdeaRayneDined on 6/18/2014A group of co-workers and I visited for lunch and it was wonderful. The food was tasty and the service was great. The prices are reasonable. There is enough space so the tables aren't close with people bumping into you as you eat. We were able to order and dine within an hour. That was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great restaurantMethreeVIPDined on 6/13/2014I really enjoy dinner at Lebanese Taverna. We always have a good time and enjoy the food. As I told the gentleman (manager?) at the host / hostess stand when we were leaving, the waiter that we had was not very attentive and he cost them the profit on another drink. I was going to order (actually I did order) a second drink but it took us so long to get his attention to place the order for the drink that we were finished eating by the time he walked by again (he stopped by to tell us that he placed the drink order). We told him to cancel and just get us the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find, but worth itMsAceDined on 5/28/2014Maybe you can get right in from the parking lot (it's next to Cheesecake Factory), but once you're in the mall it can be v. difficult. The atmosphere and food were great, and our service was wonderful and helpful. I recommend the Lebanese Sampler, 9 dollops of native foods which add up to an adequate lunch with the free bread basket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious LunchtikakebrDined on 5/24/2014My friend and I ate a delicious lunch of samplings. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys aromatic, tender, fragrant meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedUsuallyNeverComplainDined on 5/21/2014Positives: Nice outdoor patio Yummy hummus appetizer Negatives: Very loud trash truck came to empty the dumpster right during lunch; Not enough veggie chips with hummus appetizer; Lentil soup was somewhat bland; VERY disappointed in the eggplant salad (it's basically JUST smooshed up eggplant, and 1 piece of lettuce); Server seemed indifferent to being there
- Good food, terrible serviceMrsTVIPDined on 5/18/2014Lebanese Taverna is one of my stand by favorites, but that all changed over the weekend with our incredibly rude waitress. It was embarrassing to have brought a friend to this establishment as our beverages were empty for 15+ minutes at a time and other requests took even longer to fill. The waitress only had 2-3 small tables during our visit and she did not adequately service any of us. I asked for additional garlic and each time I asked for it she was incredibly put out and inquired if I wanted to be charged for a full order of it (I've never seen it listed on the menu as a side/extra). No aspect of the service was quick or positive. The waitress was just so rude and neglectful I don't know if I"ll be back.Special Features: