Lebanese Taverna - Pentagon Row
1101 South Joyce Street
Arlington, VA 22202Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Pentagon Row
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 7034158681
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 7:00pm in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $3 - 5.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Offering authentic Middle Eastern cuisine from our full service catering division. From rentals and servers Lebanese Taverna will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 5-7pm at the Bar and Lounge featuring selected mezza plates and alcoholic beverages ranging from $3.00 - $5.00. Bottomless Hommos $5.00
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Pentagon Row
Located in Pentagon Row, Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Pentagon Row reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (15)special occasion (12)romantic (6)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- TOO NOISY AT DINNER!ChristineFVIPDined on 8/21/2014We have dined here scores of times for lunch and dinner. But at dinner August 21 we brought business guests and had to scream at each other to be heard - mostly we ate in silence since we could not talk. THIS WAS NOT GOOD - food was fine but we can't trust bringing guests here again. Need to add more soft surfaces, room dividers or something to take down this noise level.
- Mall friendlyBarbinDCDined on 8/10/2014The original restaurant in DC has much better food. The environment is typical of a mall restaurant with kids running around. Best part was being outside and the service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a lovely night with good friends, a great evening for dining outdoors.Special Features:
- MANAGER/STAFF WAS INAPPROPRIATEdgrovesDined on 8/8/2014I went with my 15 y/o niece and 3 y/o nephew. While I was in the restroom with the baby, the male wait staff hit on my niece, then proceeded to snicker about it amongst themselves at the drink station. When I went to the manager, he said that it was okay because she was ordering water.
- Wonderful welcomereview2Dined on 8/5/2014The waiter here could not have been nicer. He was help, friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Great Find on VacationluvsquidDined on 8/3/2014We dined at the Lebanese Taverna while visiting Washington, DC. The food was delicious, the service good and the outdoor dining was just what we were looking for. The calamari was tender and crisp. The lamb was fork tender. I would recommend this restaurant for all who are looking for a casual outing with good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob65Dined on 7/31/2014Wonderful time! While a bit noisy, hence not so easy for conversation, the food and staff were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- morandcVIPDined on 7/30/2014I normally "do" lunch at this location but found it to be a convenient & pleasant place for an informal business dinner. It was busy but wait staff was able to keep up. Food was very good, as usual. Very good value. It did get noisy as the evening progressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food that will surprise and please!GoodlunchontimeVIPDined on 7/29/2014Restaurant looks nice, table setting are little strange and other tables close but this place is where you go for amazing taste in appetizers and entrees. The lamb chops are remarkable, they'll almost melt in your mouth. And for dessert, the crepes are literally out of this world. We didn't know what to expect but my goodness it was wonderful and memorable. And, kudos for the service, attentive happy people will help you any way you want.Special Features:
- Overall - not terribleHriundellVIPDined on 7/20/2014Great personable and attentive service. Food - meh... We were there towards the begi nning of service and they were already out if lamb shank. The chicken that I got instead was just ok. Nothing memorable at all - could be a chicken at any hotel banquet. To be fair the appetizers soup and one of the salad were quite good but the entree well below what I had expected.
- Delicious DinnerSpoburDCVIPDined on 7/12/2014My fiance and I dropped in here before we hit the mall to do some shopping for our wedding. We wanted a substantial yet healthy dinner. Lebanese Traverna was perfect. We shared 5 mezze plates and they were delicious! We got a couple meat dishes, the Lebanese salad, hummus and the yogurt (my personal favorite - it is the best bread/veggie dip EVER!) We weren't sure if 5 plates would be enough but we could barely finish the last one. Also, our server was extremely nice and even brought out wine to sample before we made our final picks. What we thought would be a quick bite to eat turned out to be a wonderful date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a great mealRaftmasterVIPDined on 7/2/2014If you are looking for consistently great meals you need look no further. This is a DC classic, sure to please anyone who enjoys middle eastern fare. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Lebanese foodSusa28Dined on 6/26/2014Appetizers were delicious. Wish the grilled octopus serving had been larger. Soft warm bread fantastic. Lamb kabobs were inconsistent in how well they were done. I ordered mine medium rare and they were very rare. My son ordered his the same way and his was served medium to well. Nice wine selection. Very noisey. Many large groups. Hard to hear people talking at your own table. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- My go-to restaurantrussellVIPDined on 6/25/2014Whenever out-of-towners come to D.C. this is the place to go. This is a good news success story of a real entrepreneur who really made it by cooking Lebanese food extremely well. The flavors and seasonings offer something for everyone. My major complaint is that it is too LOUD to have a pleasant conversation.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchKikiVIPDined on 6/21/2014Four friends chose this restaurant for our annual birthday lunch. All of the food was excellent. The atmosphere was wonderful. The service was perfect. The server was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- DisappointedHangryDined on 6/19/2014No one running the hostess stand, waiter forgot about us for a good half hour, food that came out was mediocre at best and room temperature. I wasn't expecting a four star restaurant, but for $100 for two people (with wine), you need to be better than a Lebanese TGI Friday's.
- loud but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014The food was good but the decibel level was higher than I would have liked. Suggest you not conduct business but it offers a fun atmosphere otherwise. Service forgot my tea but it was lunch and very busy. I would suggest alternate periods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful serviceAgwaVIPDined on 5/28/2014Good food. Good local chain. Lucked out with the worst server; slow, rude, uncaring and generally rubbish. Beware at lunch, they do this...
- Outstanding serviceCherieoVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had a group of 7 people, which can sometimes be hard to manage, but our waiter made the experience perfect! He was the best part of the entire night. He was always there when we needed him, he gave us recommendations and helped us pick the right assortment of food for our group. He was friendly, fun, efficient, and extremely helpful. He always had a smile on his face and seemed to really enjoy his job. The food was tasty, but our server really made the night spectacular. Unfortunately, I've forgotten his name, but he said he's originally from Mauritania.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Went there late evening just before sunset. The staff was efficient and courteous. We had a new waiter working hard to create a nice dining experience. Very attentive and friendly. This was the first time eating at this location and it was very nice. I was outside with my wife enjoying the evening. It was a little loud outside which is to be expected as it borders the children's community play area. If kids running around isn't your thing while dining, by all means enjoy the service and food inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's dayFoodlover2Dined on 5/11/2014This is a great place for special occasion, outdoor dining and brunch. When I picked my wife from Reagan National Airport, I thought about offering something special to my wife and my children on the Mother's day. So Lebanese Taverna was the best choice and for a first time, the food was great. Any specialty proposed by our waiter was fantastic. Although, we live in MD, we can't wait to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!WileyCoyoteDined on 5/10/2014Food and service are always top notch at LT. Our fav is the chefs platter-9 great appetizers.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceWRoegeDined on 5/10/2014We had a group of 5 with reservations through Open Table. We arrived a few minutes early and were seated right away. We had great service, were never rushed and the food is fresh and excellent. We like this location better than the Tysons Corner one because of the nice decorations and coziness. Overall a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicegemni71111VIPDined on 5/3/2014We ordered the hommus trio and falafel for appetizers. We received complimentary pita bread and a rich olive-oil-based dipping sauce, then more pita bread with our appetizers. The hommus was creamy and the falafel was crisp with a buttery interior. Both were plated beautifully. For entrees, my husband had chicken kabobs, and I had kafta kabobs. My husband raved about his dinner and cleared his plate. I would have cleared my plate, but the portions are generous! Our friends ordered shawarma and fatteh, which they seemed to enjoy. Our after-dinner drinks of turkish coffee and Italian coffee were bold and sweet. The service was attentive throughout the meal. The restaurant could have a cleaner diaper changing table. Good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2014I always enjoy an evening at LT Pentagon Row. The convenience of available parking coupled with freshly baked pita and the best hummus anywhere make for a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014Always superb food and excellent service! Friendly staff. You can always count on this restaurant to have wonderful food!Special Features:
- The following 404 reviews are from the Lebanese Taverna - Pentagon Row reviews archive.
- Dinner TimeFoodWineCombinedDined on 4/25/2014Great to sit at the bar and have great wine, great food and great conversation. Not my first time. My SO and I come back for the food and atmosphere. The service is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No one will go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/23/2014Usually a restaurant can be redeemed by having great food or great service. Unfortunately, we had neither. Our waiter just seemed to smile everything away and we weren't certain he really understood us, nor was he very good at actually communicating to us at all. Example: Someone asked to substitute tabbouleh. He kind of nodded. When that person's food came, no tabbouleh, just a salad, which we understand you can't substitute things, but you should come once you find that out and ask if that changes the person's order. While the mezze plates were good, unfortunately no one really liked their entrees. The fatteh was drowning in the yogurt sauce and the eggplant was deep fried but didn't have good flavor. We won't be going back.
- Very disappointingFOODIEVIPDined on 4/15/2014Food was improperly prepared. Had to send back entrée- MW does not mean raw. This used to be one of my favorite restaurants. .. no more.
- Great food, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2014Great food, great service, and nice outdoor seating too!Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/12/2014Always a fantastic culinary experience dining at Leb Taverna.Special Features:
- What a DinnerJoeCarmanDined on 4/10/2014Had a fabulous dinner with friends. Wonderful food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Co-Worker FarewellDCWrkr231Dined on 4/4/2014A group of six of us attended this restaurant for a co-worker's farewell lunch party. We had no issues with our reservation and service was quick and friendly. I had eaten at this restaurant on multiple occasions in the past with my husband, with friends, for lunch and dinner and the service and food has consistently been excellent. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodLadoodieVIPDined on 4/2/2014I say surprisingly good because the tavern is located next to a bunch of mediocre restaurants at best. I was expecting this one to be mediocre too but instead I found a wonderful array of truly authentic Lebanese dishes served by people who are passionate about their food and their craft. I was ready to go back the following night. I would absolutely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lebanese FoodItaliofanDined on 3/28/2014It's authentic food and close to what you could expect from a homemade Lebanese meal. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good for small groupsLaVillaDined on 3/23/2014I thought the food in this Lebanese restaurant is fairly authentic (unfortunately, bread has been adapted to popular tastes and does not taste authentic anymore) - this place is good for groups because one could order a mezza for the appropriate number of people - there is a good variety of vegetable and traditional meat dishes.Special Features:
- Bursting with flavors!cindysDined on 3/22/2014The Lebanese Taverna always has very flavorful, delicious food! And it's high quality, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ReturnAuntietchDined on 3/9/2014A great local restaurant. The staff is attentive and very friendly.Special Features:
- Authentic Lebanese FoodheiliekaDined on 3/4/2014This restaurant has a variety of authentic lebanese dishes for most palates (omnivores, pescetarians, vegetarians) with a nice wine list. On a tuesday night, it was hopping so I was glad I made a reservation. The service was impeccable and the manager and staff were very friendly and welcoming. I would recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lebanese Taverna Pentagon RowRJY1Dined on 3/1/2014We made reservations for 7:00 coming from an hour away and were told we had a 15 minute wait. No problem....but then they tried to seat us at the bar after the 15 minutes (instead of in the restaurant)....it was as if our reservation was completely ignored. Fortunately the manager intervened and they quickly remedied and also brought us some complimentary hummus (which was superb). The meal was great, (the bread is fabulous , and while the wheat bread is healthier, go ahead and indulge on the white bread with the hummus or baba gannoush -it's that much better). You will leave Lebanese Taverna full and likely with a to go container as the portions are ample.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.