Lebanese Taverna - Pentagon Row
1101 South Joyce Street
Arlington, VA 22202Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Pentagon Row
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: (703) 415-8681
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 7:00pm in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4.00-$6.00.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Offering authentic Middle Eastern cuisine from our full service catering division. From rentals and servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at events@cateringbyLT.com
- Special Events: Happy Hour Featuring Bottomless Hommus Monday - Friday 4-7pm at the Bar and Lounge featuring selected mezza plates and alcoholic beverages ranging from $4-$6.00.
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Pentagon Row
Located in Pentagon Row, Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Pentagon Row reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (21)great for lunch (16)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (9)romantic (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- popular but noisymajasmaDined on 11/20/2014Having eaten numerous times at the cafe branch of this restaurant in Annapolis, I am familiar with the food and was not disappointed. However, one dish I ordered came out ice cold instead of hot, but they promptly heated it up. The garlic hummus was amazing, the artichoke mezza and calamari were very good. The pumpkin mezza was good but not what we expected, as there was very little taste of pumpkin in there. The noise level is high when the place is full which it was, so if you want a place for quiet converstation, look elsewhere. If I were to return I would probably try one of the entrees instead of the mezza dishes.Special Features:
- Consistently greatJEinDCVIPDined on 11/15/2014Food, service, always excellent. We always do mezze - it's more fun to have many tastes and share. The new items with pumpkin are delish and a nice addition. It can get very noisy and it is a child-friendly restaurant. We had a squealer next to us .. a happy squealer but a noisy one. So time your visits to try to not be there when small children are unless their noises on top of a full restaurant gives you joy! Our server - whose name I didn't get - was outstanding. A marvelous sense of humor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lebanese cuisine in the area!NavyA6BNDined on 11/14/2014Table was ready at reservation time. Hostess and wait staff very professional and courteous. Our waiter helped us with the menu selections and was very helpful in explaining the dishes that arrived at our table. The wine selection was phenomenal as well as the full service bar. The noise level was a bit high but then again it was a Friday night! I highly recommend Lebanese Taverna to anyone looking for an ethnic dining experience with great food at an affordable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chain Lebanese Done RightMayolessDined on 11/6/2014The best Lebanese food is always going to be in someone's home or at a place that's small and is run by mom. But Lebanese Taverna has cracked the code in delivering quality fair in a chain restaurant format. We always enjoy our trips there and always look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Family style diningagrotheyDined on 10/23/2014Excellent service, very tasty food. If you are into family style, Lebanese cuisine, this is the place to go in the Pentagon/ Crystal City area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solidallyVIPDined on 10/18/2014this was my boyfriends first time here. we were seated quickly upon arrival and greeted promptly by a very sweet server. upon knowing that i was gluten free, she offered to bring me rice crackers. she paid nice attention to detail, although i wish she wasn't so quiet and we could have known her name! i should have asked. anyway the food was delicious i had the gluten free lamb dish and my boyfriend had the chicken kabobs. while he's not usually an adventurous eater, he truly enjoyed everything. thank you!Special Features:
- Lovely experience!NYGirlDined on 10/12/2014The hummos trio was amazing - and with the hot, fresh bread a winner! I had the falafel sandwich with fries and pickled veggies. All hot, fresh, tasty perfection. Nothing over or underdone. My husband had the lamb kabob and loved it. Lamb was tender and flavorful - not a hint of gaminess to it. Plenty (more than enough) food for two. Couldn't resist however, (even though we already had doggie bags) the lebanese donuts. AMAZING! Fresh, hot, deep-fried dough, coated in honey with a side of yogurt and honey for dipping. It was absolutely fantastic. My husband finished off our dessert with a cappuccino which he really enjoyed. Everything was wonderful - great service, great food, nice music. It was very relaxing and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the best...acj0001VIPDined on 10/10/2014From the polite and personable servers to the flavorful foods, this restaurant is authentically Lebanese. I highly recommend Lebanese Taverna at Pentagon Row.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- morandcVIPDined on 9/26/2014Very good informal business lunch on thier patio. Excellent Shwarma! Remains one of my favorite places in the Pentagon City/Row area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/18/2014Made a big deal out of requesting split checks for our party of three. On the verge of rude.
- Nice dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014We really enjoyed our date out at Lebanese Taverna and recommended it to friends in the area. The chef selection provided a flavorful variety.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lebanese boss loved itMark4DiningVIPDined on 9/11/2014On Thursday, September 11th, I took my Lebanese-American boss to Lebanese Taverna and he thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Our party of five was greeted and sat immediately and the service attendant was right there to take our drink order. I do not remember the menu choices my boss ordered for the table but everything he ordered was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good. Food can improveElieHADined on 9/9/2014Service and ambiance are excellent. Food can be much better in terms of variety but also quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always entertaining with great foodbskkemoVIPDined on 9/6/2014i love going to Lebanese Taverna. this time was with an out of town guest and she loved the food! the service was top-notch and i couldn't thank the team enough. there were 2 large parties in other areas that brought noise level up making it difficult to talk, as well as 2 separate screaming kids. but all was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The SamplerKikiVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food is always delicious. It is hard to choose from the numerous wonderful selections on the menu. My friend and I both like The Sampler because it offers a little bit of many wonderful Lebanese dishes. The environment is very friendly and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!nwebb1912Dined on 9/4/2014We had a lovely meal -- unexpectedly good! We loved the shawarma sliders and kibbeh; my friend liked the arnabeet (cauliflower). For dessert, the halawet jibne was absolutely delicious -- delicate, but tasty. Good selection of draft beer, too. Our server was helpful and prompt but did not hover.Special Features:
- Best Lebanese food in DC areaISOAmazingFoodVIPDined on 9/2/2014I've eaten Lebeanese food all over metro area, in Lebanon and throughout the Middle East - this is hands down the best you'll find in VA/ DC. I prefer the ambiance of this location to the Woodley Park one in the District, but quality of food is excellent at both.Special Features:
- Good food, fast!AfricanliveditDined on 8/29/2014We love the restaurant! Go there at least once every few months to try something new. The food is fresh, tasty, and fast!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Wonderful evening out to celebrate my husbands retirement. Only thing to note is that it can be a bit noisy. Staff is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO NOISY AT DINNER!ChristineFVIPDined on 8/21/2014We have dined here scores of times for lunch and dinner. But at dinner August 21 we brought business guests and had to scream at each other to be heard - mostly we ate in silence since we could not talk. THIS WAS NOT GOOD - food was fine but we can't trust bringing guests here again. Need to add more soft surfaces, room dividers or something to take down this noise level.
- Mall friendlyBarbinDCDined on 8/10/2014The original restaurant in DC has much better food. The environment is typical of a mall restaurant with kids running around. Best part was being outside and the service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We had a lovely night with good friends, a great evening for dining outdoors.Special Features:
- MANAGER/STAFF WAS INAPPROPRIATEdgrovesDined on 8/8/2014I went with my 15 y/o niece and 3 y/o nephew. While I was in the restroom with the baby, the male wait staff hit on my niece, then proceeded to snicker about it amongst themselves at the drink station. When I went to the manager, he said that it was okay because she was ordering water.
- Wonderful welcomereview2VIPDined on 8/5/2014The waiter here could not have been nicer. He was help, friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Great Find on VacationluvsquidDined on 8/3/2014We dined at the Lebanese Taverna while visiting Washington, DC. The food was delicious, the service good and the outdoor dining was just what we were looking for. The calamari was tender and crisp. The lamb was fork tender. I would recommend this restaurant for all who are looking for a casual outing with good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob65Dined on 7/31/2014Wonderful time! While a bit noisy, hence not so easy for conversation, the food and staff were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- morandcVIPDined on 7/30/2014I normally "do" lunch at this location but found it to be a convenient & pleasant place for an informal business dinner. It was busy but wait staff was able to keep up. Food was very good, as usual. Very good value. It did get noisy as the evening progressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food that will surprise and please!GoodlunchontimeVIPDined on 7/29/2014Restaurant looks nice, table setting are little strange and other tables close but this place is where you go for amazing taste in appetizers and entrees. The lamb chops are remarkable, they'll almost melt in your mouth. And for dessert, the crepes are literally out of this world. We didn't know what to expect but my goodness it was wonderful and memorable. And, kudos for the service, attentive happy people will help you any way you want.Special Features:
- The following 421 reviews are from the Lebanese Taverna - Pentagon Row reviews archive.
- Overall - not terribleHriundellVIPDined on 7/20/2014Great personable and attentive service. Food - meh... We were there towards the begi nning of service and they were already out if lamb shank. The chicken that I got instead was just ok. Nothing memorable at all - could be a chicken at any hotel banquet. To be fair the appetizers soup and one of the salad were quite good but the entree well below what I had expected.
- Delicious DinnerSpoburDCVIPDined on 7/12/2014My fiance and I dropped in here before we hit the mall to do some shopping for our wedding. We wanted a substantial yet healthy dinner. Lebanese Traverna was perfect. We shared 5 mezze plates and they were delicious! We got a couple meat dishes, the Lebanese salad, hummus and the yogurt (my personal favorite - it is the best bread/veggie dip EVER!) We weren't sure if 5 plates would be enough but we could barely finish the last one. Also, our server was extremely nice and even brought out wine to sample before we made our final picks. What we thought would be a quick bite to eat turned out to be a wonderful date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a great mealRaftmasterVIPDined on 7/2/2014If you are looking for consistently great meals you need look no further. This is a DC classic, sure to please anyone who enjoys middle eastern fare. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Lebanese foodSusa28Dined on 6/26/2014Appetizers were delicious. Wish the grilled octopus serving had been larger. Soft warm bread fantastic. Lamb kabobs were inconsistent in how well they were done. I ordered mine medium rare and they were very rare. My son ordered his the same way and his was served medium to well. Nice wine selection. Very noisey. Many large groups. Hard to hear people talking at your own table. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- My go-to restaurantrussellVIPDined on 6/25/2014Whenever out-of-towners come to D.C. this is the place to go. This is a good news success story of a real entrepreneur who really made it by cooking Lebanese food extremely well. The flavors and seasonings offer something for everyone. My major complaint is that it is too LOUD to have a pleasant conversation.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchKikiVIPDined on 6/21/2014Four friends chose this restaurant for our annual birthday lunch. All of the food was excellent. The atmosphere was wonderful. The service was perfect. The server was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- DisappointedHangryDined on 6/19/2014No one running the hostess stand, waiter forgot about us for a good half hour, food that came out was mediocre at best and room temperature. I wasn't expecting a four star restaurant, but for $100 for two people (with wine), you need to be better than a Lebanese TGI Friday's.
- loud but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014The food was good but the decibel level was higher than I would have liked. Suggest you not conduct business but it offers a fun atmosphere otherwise. Service forgot my tea but it was lunch and very busy. I would suggest alternate periods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful serviceAgwaVIPDined on 5/28/2014Good food. Good local chain. Lucked out with the worst server; slow, rude, uncaring and generally rubbish. Beware at lunch, they do this...
- Outstanding serviceCherieoVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had a group of 7 people, which can sometimes be hard to manage, but our waiter made the experience perfect! He was the best part of the entire night. He was always there when we needed him, he gave us recommendations and helped us pick the right assortment of food for our group. He was friendly, fun, efficient, and extremely helpful. He always had a smile on his face and seemed to really enjoy his job. The food was tasty, but our server really made the night spectacular. Unfortunately, I've forgotten his name, but he said he's originally from Mauritania.Special Features:
- Wonderful place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Went there late evening just before sunset. The staff was efficient and courteous. We had a new waiter working hard to create a nice dining experience. Very attentive and friendly. This was the first time eating at this location and it was very nice. I was outside with my wife enjoying the evening. It was a little loud outside which is to be expected as it borders the children's community play area. If kids running around isn't your thing while dining, by all means enjoy the service and food inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's dayFoodlover2Dined on 5/11/2014This is a great place for special occasion, outdoor dining and brunch. When I picked my wife from Reagan National Airport, I thought about offering something special to my wife and my children on the Mother's day. So Lebanese Taverna was the best choice and for a first time, the food was great. Any specialty proposed by our waiter was fantastic. Although, we live in MD, we can't wait to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.