Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda
7141 Arlington Road
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: (301) 951-8681
- Hours of Operation:
Daily : 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday - Wednesday: 4:00pm -9:30pm
Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday - Friday 4:00pm -7:00pm in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks $4-$6
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Catering by LT, our full service catering division, offers our authentic Middle Eastern cuisine as well as seasonal American dish with Middle Eastern flavors. From the food, the rentals and the servers Catering by LT will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at email@example.com
- Entertainment: International Karaoke - 3rd Saturday of each month beginning at 10:30pm. Arabic, English and French
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 5-7pm at the Bar and Lounge featuring selected mezza plates and alcoholic beverages ranging from $4.00 - $6.00. Endless Hommus $6.00
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda
Located in the trendy and fashionable Bethesda Row, Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (44)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (28)special occasion (19)kid-friendly (16)romantic (13)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (10)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great place to eat on a regular basis.MiguelSDined on 11/22/2014Great ambiance, friendly staff, moderate prices, and timely service. We have a one year old daughter and have always been accommodated even during peak hours. We have made this establishment one of our regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to the Lebanese Taverna franchisePalisadesDined on 11/22/2014Poor poor service, food not up to the Taverna quality. Sloppy all around. Lebanese Taverna is the go to restaurant for my family in Arlington and it is always above expectations. Expecting the same quality this was not on their level. Management needs to take a closer look at the servers and host.Special Features:
- TerrificPeterVIPDined on 11/15/2014The food was terrific. Restaurant was quite noisey and service was spotty. I woul recommend this place to friends.Special Features:
- Very full & happy tummies!FancyNancyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Have only had lunch here so this was our 1st dinner. We had Hummus, artichokes, curry, kabob's and grilled lamb. We were stuffed but decided to go with some desserts- they were amazing!!! We loved everything! Surprised they were not full on a Friday night. Beautiful restaurant, great food and great service, we will be back!!Special Features:
- The food is the reason to comeRWoodBVIPDined on 11/5/2014Both the traditional hommus and the baba ganoush were very good as usual. Unfortunately, the kibbeh nayeh , which I added on this occasion, was lacking in seasoning. The wine list is brief, but well chosen. The server seemed inexperienced, bringing the wrong beverage order, failing to clear dishes, and ignoring a spill. The huge space feels institutional. That is the reason I prefer to sit by a window so that I can see out. While I noted that in my reservation, my request was ignored until I called attention to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/4/2014Six of us had a lovely meal, beautifully presented. The staff was cordial and attentive. We would return.Special Features:
- Excellent choice of platesJaJaDined on 10/31/2014We returned with friends visiting. We took the lamb kebab, the lamb shank, and shawarma. All plates were well presented, and very tasty. We had a glass of wine: good. The prices are reasonable for the quality of the food. We also liked the ambiance and the roomy space. We will gladly return to the Lebanese Taverna; and recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- ZeldaVIPDined on 10/25/2014Good mid eastern food. Well prepared. Noticed a number of large parties enjoying themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodRafaDined on 10/25/2014One of my favorite go to eating places in Bethesda. Healthy options such as tabouleh, beet salad and others, good fish, lamb and chicken dishes. Excellent flexible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was extremely slowmom2boysVIPDined on 10/22/2014Not sure why as there was only one other table occupied when we were there. People who came in after us were served before us. The service is usually much better than that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No record of reservation.picpicVIPDined on 10/14/2014Lebanese taverna had no record of my reservation. Able to be seated anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy Service but the food was goodEatingoutsvilleDined on 10/13/2014Our group of ten was nicely placed in the back so we could be in a quieter area. The food was what we expected and was good. The problems were all related to lack of service. We received 2 menus for 10 people. Our waiter would disappear for 15-20 minutes at a time. We had to hunt him down to order drinks. We had to ask others to have him come over to order. All this made everything very slow. It's a shame that the service so negatively impacted an otherwise lovely evening.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014We were a larger party (8) and our waiter suggested the family style menu, where for a set price, they bring 3-4 appetizers and the mixed grill and serve it family style. Everything was delicious; the kibbe, hummus, grilled lamb, chicken and kefta. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 9/30/2014Food substantially below sister restaurant at Conn and Calvert
- DELICIOUSAIHSSBDined on 9/27/2014Delicious food! I always love going to dinner at The Lebanese TavernaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewgourisDined on 9/20/2014Overall, not a great experience. Food was fine, enjoyed the outdoor seating. Service was poor. Waited almost an hour for entrée, which I didn't mind, except waiter did not return at any time to check on us during the hour. Entrée was placed on table, and before I could ask for tabasco, waiter was gone, not to return until table was cleared.
- Rebel704VIPDined on 9/13/2014I always eat at the Lebanese Taverna in Tyson's. I like that one a bit better. The service here was not as attentive and the portions seemed to be smaller. That said, it still is a good restaurant and I love the food.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceKappyDined on 9/9/2014A friend and I had dinner there on Tuesday night 9/9/14. We started off with hot bread dipped in oil. Then we shared 4 small kibbeh. I had chicken shwarma and a salad. All the food was hot and tasty. What was remarkable was that I told the waiter I could not have a dairy dressing on the salad. When he brought it out, he said they made it with a dairy salad and he told the cooks to exchange it for a non-dairy salad on the side. The food was real good and for a $12 sandwich and salad, you couldn't beat it. I really like this restaurant in the heart of Bethesda and we will return.Special Features:
- Delicious Lebanese diningPaulDined on 8/31/2014Outstanding Middle Eastern Food. The mezza menu was extensive, and one could order both from the weekend brunch and regular menus. The service was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Good experienceKak48Dined on 8/30/2014We have eaten several times at the Lebanese Taverna on Connecticut Avenue near the zoo in Washinton, D.C., but were unable to get a table this time, so we drove on to Bethesda and enjoyed the meal nearly as much. The restaurant is attractive though the ambience is not quite as inviting at the Bethesda location. The food was delicious but a bit overpriced for the portion sizes. Warning on parking: the area was quite busy on Saturday night and the parking garage recommended by the restaurant was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GraycatDined on 8/30/2014We had two friends with us that had never been to the restaurant. They were very impressed with the food and overall we had a superb eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding yet againAlmostaregularDined on 8/29/2014Although only almost a regular, we feel we are lucky to have such a nice restaurant to frequent in our neighborhood. The food is always great, likewise the service, and one of the features we like best of all is the sound level - it is so nice to dine in an environment where one can actually talk to and hear one's table companions without either having to raise their voices. We will be back again and again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014Had my daughter’s 17th family birthday dinner here and after spending hundreds of dollars on food and beverages, I ask if they would validate my parking. They said that since I forgot to ask before I paid my bill that they couldn’t, however I tended to believe they could have if they really wanted to keep my business. Also someone actually started vacuuming the restaurant while we were still eating, and no we didn’t come close to closing the place down!
- As Good As AlwaysJordanDined on 8/13/2014Made a reservation for 6:45, but my party was running a little late. When we called in to move the reservation back 30 minutes, the hostess was very accommodating. The restaurant was not very busy when we got there (it was about 7:15 on a Wednesday). Food came quickly, the waiter was attentive, and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Ho-humRestondinerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Maybe by contrast - having lamb just a week earlier at Brabo, the lamb at Lebanese Taverna was unimpressive to put it kindly. The advertised side - roasted summer vegetables, potatoes, ended up to be mostly potatoes, so the order of listing should have been reverse to indicate what was the main ingredient. The food at other locations - Tyson's or Pentagon City seems to be much better, though I have not been there recently. This (Bethesda) location is much larger than the others, but this might be just the problem.
- Pleasant DiningBethesdaEaterVIPDined on 8/4/2014Well done Lebanese food with superb pita (warm) bread.Special Features:
- Much Better Than ExpectedProfessorVIPDined on 8/4/2014The Lebanese Taverna in Bethesda was chosen for its close proximity to our conference and the desire for ethnic food. We did not expect the quality to be so exceptional that all of us look forward to returning at next opportunity (especially with most of us from the New York City area). It would be impossible to single out specific dishes because we selected various platters of appetizers and grilled octopus, and all were done superbly. Then came the main courses and they were likewise exceptional. What was also impressive was the knowledge of the young waiter who attended our table. He spoke of the food with firsthand knowledge very precisely and with such descriptions, we were all mesmerized. Excellent quality all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrancoisDined on 8/3/2014Another nice evening out at Lebanese Taverna. Johnnie and other staff are helpful and friendly. Hot fresh bread with herb dipping sauce is delicious. For appetizers we enjoyed the humus with ground beef and fried Calamari both were yummy. Everyone enjoyed their meal grilled kabobs are a good choice.
- Delicious, as alwaysRickVIPDined on 8/2/2014Leb Tav remains one of my favorite restaurants. I had the Ouzi and my wife had the Chicken Shawarma. Both were fantastic as always. The service is a little slow at the Bethesda location, which is never the experience at other Leb Tav's. However all-in Leb Tav is a great place and I will return again and again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetFoodLoverGourmetFoodLoverDined on 8/2/2014I love this restaurant...everything is deliciously prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 566 reviews are from the Lebanese Taverna - Bethesda reviews archive.
- Lebanese Taverna BethesdafoodloveDined on 7/26/2014We visited for dinner and were happy with the food and the service. The restaurant has a nice ambience and was quite busy with patrons at the time. The only downside is the difficulty with parking, which is a Bethesda problem during the dinner hour. We were lucky to find parking next door with Colonial parking on Elm Street. However, we were one of the last to be allowed in. It was already full just at about 6:15 PM on a Saturday evening. We would recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going downhillRWoodBVIPDined on 7/26/2014I have had lunch at Lebanese Taverna in Bethesda at least six times this year, but it is now off my list. The kitchen has lost its way. Given that there are four dishes on the menu that feature eggplant, the kitchen should be expected to be skilled with it. Instead, the fatteh eggplant was dominated by thick breading and the eggplant itself lacked flavor. The young server, while pleasant, lacked training. If a restaurant is going to serve wines by the glass, a server should at least be able to take an order for a sauvignon blanc without asking the diner to point out the selection on the wine list. The result was the same with regard to a request for a zinfandel.
- consistently goodabc1Dined on 7/25/2014The food & service are consistently good. Food & selection are great with seasonal dishes.Special Features:
- Tasty!ShepherdParkMomDined on 7/25/2014Thanks to the great kids menu and falafel appetizer, even my three year old was happy. You must try the feta and watermelon, delish! Wish we could have had outdoor seating away from the front door (it was only 5:15) but that's ok (yes we did ask to be moved, but I don't think the hostess understood) it's ok though, all in a all a nice experience.Special Features:
- Good but disappointing menu rangePabloInOwingsMillsDined on 7/24/2014I've enjoyed their locations in Baltimore & Cleveland Park, DC. This evening, the entree menu, had unusual choices but not as broadly appealing, and each an unhappy compromise. The lamb shank selected was nothing special. Appetizers were wonderful as was the baklava. The ambiance was pleasant and quiet for business discussions.Special Features:
- Noon option if time is not an issueGettysburgGalDined on 7/23/2014The food at Lebanese Taverna is fabulous with a wide option for any type of eater--but don't come looking for service and attentive staff. I think they are understaffed at lunch so it is not that the team does not want to be responsive, they are simply spread too thin to provide high quality service.
- freshly prepared foodLillyDined on 7/22/2014Homemade Fresh ingredients .. Good vine selection Great Turkish coffee.. Fresh made breads Good choice for any occasion !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always gooddbeersfineartDined on 7/21/2014Leb Tav never disappoints. We ate outside for the first time and there is one essential critique that needs to be addresses, badly. Every single table is on an incline toward the street amd the three point tables are completely unsteady at any angle. You are constantly seeking balance and on "edge" re the tipping potential. It makes for a very unpleasant outdoor dining experience and prohibits you from ordering anything in a tall stem. We had a very tense and unrewarding dinner and will not eat outside ever again at Leb Tav.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackDined on 7/21/2014Great personnel, good food, wonderful experience, easy parkingSpecial Features:
- Nice mid-eastern dinning experienceluv2eatoutDined on 7/20/2014Great ambience and service along with delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.