Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore
719 S. President Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 4102445533x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11:30AM 10:00PM
Tuesday - Thursday 11:30AM 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday 11:30AM 11:00PM
Sunday 11:30AM 9:00PM
Happy Hour // Monday - Friday 4:00 - 7:00 pm in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks priced $4 - $6 .
Brunch // Saturdays and Sundays 11:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Offering authentic Middle Eastern cuisine from our full service catering division. From rentals and servers Lebanese Taverna will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at email@example.com
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 4-7pm at the Bar and Lounge featuring selected mezza plates and alcoholic beverages ranging from $4.00 - $6.00. Bottomless Hommus $6.00
Offering Weekend Brunch from 11:30-4:00pm
- Cross Street: Aliceanna
- Public Transit: Ride the Charm City Circulator, Harbor East stop is less than 1 block and it's complimentary!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking after 5:00pm with a fee of $8.00. Street and nearby garage parking also available. After 5pm, $5.00 garage parking available with validation. Please see Hostess.
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore
Located a short distance from the Inner Harbor in trendy Harbor East, Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes. Gluten-free menu also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (38)great for outdoor dining (30)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (27)scenic view (21)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (10)romantic (10)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- First time for everythingLuvTavernaDined on 1/11/2014My first time walking into the restaurant I was blown away from how many ppl was in the restaurant. That showed that it was a popular spot & the food & service was beyond wonderful. Everything was fresh, a very authentic middle eastern place. If u ever want to go out and have a nice romantic date or get a group of friends together and reminisce on the old times I would recommend Lebanese taverna. 10' s across the board from meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service and food okayHonestDined on 1/11/2014The ambience and atmosphere is amazing! The sever was speaking in your face so close you could see her tonsils. We have a party of six and three of our meals were wrong and had to be sent back for correct food we ordered. Tables were not cleaned regularly which caused glasses and plates to pile up. I would not go back because of the rudeness and errors
- Do they train their wait staff?SNBmd2013VIPDined on 1/10/2014The waitress kept asking to remove our plates before we were done! Not sure why they had an attitude of rushing service even though half the tables were empty! The ambience is lovely and so e of the food items were great (hummus).Special Features:
- The food is consistent andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2014The food is consistent and a good mixture of Middle-Eastern tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Lebanese Taverna is aBigfish22Dined on 12/28/2013The Lebanese Taverna is a wonderful restaurant. The entire staff is comprised of energetic server's who go out of their way to ensure the guess are taken care of and enjoy their dining experience. The food selection has enough variety to satisfy a large range of people and the meals are well priced. I would recommend this establishment for couples, families and small groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch experienceTrishalVIPDined on 12/28/2013My wife and I went for the brunch on a Saturday morning, and got there before they opened up, so when they did, we were naturally the first. About 10 minutes into our stay there and lots and lots and lots of people started showing up from some conference that was going on around the neighborhood. Anyway, the service did slow down but VERY slightly, and yet the limited number of servers tried to keep up with almost everyone that was in the restaurant. Would have loved to spend New Years Eve here but found out too late that they were sold out for the late sitting. I would avoid ordering the potatoes for brunch as that's just floating on a layer of oil. But the Shakshouka is amazing, as are the roasted olives and the Warm Awamat (donuts).Special Features:
- My whole family went thereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013My whole family went there for our first time for my mom's birthday. The food was great, the service was outstanding but the restaurant was way too loud. We couldn't even hear each other when just across the table. We will go back there but I don't recommend going there as a big group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for lunch-meetingsCharlieBrownDined on 12/17/2013LT is a nice place for for group meetings. I frequently take my co-workers and friends to the LT for having a flavor of mideast food. The service has been great almost all the times I have been there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food and so soGoodFoodHonVIPDined on 12/16/2013Always good food and so so service but the food is worth putting up with the not so great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceJamieBDined on 12/13/2013I have eaten at this restaurant at least three times now. The food and service has always been wonderful. It's a great place for a date night or to enjoy some amazing dishes among friends. The gluten free labeling is very much appreciated and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it very much. GoodYummyDined on 12/13/2013Enjoyed it very much. Good for something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceaikomuleVIPDined on 12/7/2013Let's start outt with the service. Outstanding. The appetizer sampler was lovely. A nice sampling of decent stuff. The entrees were just bland. The schwarma? Bland. The eggplant fatah? Bland and deep fried.Special Features:
- Great Experience!HendrixDined on 12/1/2013Wonderful food and service. Perfect evening with my Lebanese family!Special Features:
- considering that the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/1/2013considering that the restaurant on a Sunday afternoon wasn't very busy, the service seemed slow. food was good as always.
- Great and reliable.NatalieDined on 11/30/2013This s a place I return to over and over Reliably very good. Menu has something for everyone, no matter how adventurous they are or are not. Also good for our Gluten Free friends.Special Features:
- It is a good choice for BaltimoreLucaDined on 11/25/2013The place is very nice, the people friendly even though a little busy in their running around. The food is OK. However, given the lack of good places in Baltimore, I would say it is one of the few places where you can have a decent meal when in town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2013The appetizers were outstanding, country very good, and the waiter was exceptionally well-informed and helpful. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- great night out!FairfieldDined on 11/24/2013This is a charming, physically beautiful restaurant on the edge of Fells Point in Baltimore, in a new and "trendy" neighborhood on the edge of downtown. The restaurant is large and can easily handle large groups. We were only six, but they were very attentive from the moment we got there, advising us well on the menu items and making sure everyone was happy. The wine list is not extensive but it is interesting, with a number of Lebanese wines included. And the prices are quite reasonable. All in all, a pleasant and satisfying place. Perhaps not for the highly sophisticated foodies, but great for the rest of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice diverse menu...ScottDined on 11/20/2013Lebanese places can all be much of a sameness when it comes to the menu, but this restaurant was considerably more diverse.... some offerings I hadn't seen before. Good food and generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experienceMargaretDined on 11/17/2013No matter when I dine at The Lebanese Taverna I am never disappointed. I also go to the venue in DC, which is equally enjoyable and much more casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service, goodGoodFoodHonVIPDined on 11/13/2013Good food, good service, good environment, I recommend Lebanese Taverna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightMonieMDined on 11/7/2013Took a date here so we could try something nice and different. We both enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant, the service given to us by AJ, and the authentic lebanese food. I definitely would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the chicken fatteh!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013Highly recommend this restaurant for the delicious food! Chef's platter appetizer, calamari, fatteh, and lamb dishes were all excellent! Our server was a little slow but other employees were great. In the past we have had excellent service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great experience all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013ThE Food Was Delicious And SErvice Was Great. Parking Can Sometimes Be A Challenge In Harbor East, So Dinner Valetmigjt Be The Best optionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMagnoliaVIPDined on 10/20/2013Very delicious, fresh & healthy food choices. So many things to try we'll have to go back several more times. Very pleasant and helpful wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I had remebered.JeanneVIPDined on 10/20/2013Not as good as I had remebered. Food was good...not spectacular. lacking ambianceSpecial Features:
- Great serviceRFIQDined on 10/18/2013Excellent staff- very friendly and helpful and always had a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablechesapeake1971Dined on 10/14/2013I felt like everything deserved a solid "good": meets or slightly above average and no big problems. The food was on the very good side. My companion and I had the "chef's platter" appetizer and a lamb dish (splitting both...). The lamb was succulent and well seasoned. On the appetizer sampler, I particularly liked the baba ganoush (could be bought separately on the menu) and the tabouleh (only w sampler). The service was friendly but a little inattentive and slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere Nice - Service SubparDanFromNytoTxtoVADined on 10/14/2013We ordered three dishes, two sandwiches and one entree. The meal took 45-50 minutes to arrive while the restaurant was slow. We didn't order any appetizers. The location was great, probably go back there again and give it another shot. It was probably just one night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting cuisine!luvwineVIPDined on 10/13/2013We really enjoyed our meal here. We shared 5 appetizers (amongst 4 people!) - Sausages, kibbeh, beet and watermelon salads. The fried smelt was the least enjoyable. We had Sea Bass, Shrimp Arak and Lamb Shank for entrees. Only complaint was that my husband doesn't eat starch, and the server said it was impossible to switch out the starch for vegetables. Why not? After seeing the dish, it would have been possible. Other than that, dessert, coffee and the wines were fine.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurant in great settingDinearoundDined on 10/12/2013The restaurant was lovely and the food delicious. It is quite large and therefore not very intimate. There is a great menu and the location is fantastic. Food is well priced and portions are appropriately sized. Enjoyed the dinner at Lebanese Taverna.Special Features:
- too loudlmg1Dined on 10/11/2013I left with a sore throat because I had to speak so loudly just to be heard. It was a difficult dinner.
- Great Experience!MargieVIPDined on 10/11/2013I had taken my friend to one of the Lebanese Taverna restaurants when she was in DC a few years ago, and she liked it so much that she wanted her husband to try it on a recent trip to Baltimore. We had a terrific lunch--we especially enjoyed the mezze sampler. Our waitress was wonderful, explaining the foods, including the differences between the Lebanese and Israeli preparations. She even brought us a sample of the spicy rice that was not in the sampler. The ambience was comfortable and relaxing, perfect for a rainy afternoon in Baltimore. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodramoDined on 10/9/2013We only ordered mezze plates and everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ouzi with grape leavesNoTableclothsVIPDined on 9/27/2013The ouzi with grape leaves is the best lamb dish I've had in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise level was fine whenOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2013The noise level was fine when we arrived at 6:30 on a Friday night but by the time we left we felt beat up. Perhaps if we had gotten there at 5:30... The food and service were lovely and we were not rushed by anything but the volume.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great areaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2013Restaurant is located in great area, service was a little slow even though they were not busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mediterranean food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2013Great mediterranean food! We had the appetizer sampler, the raw lamb dish, and I had the lamb shank dinner. Everything was absolutely delicous. The servers were helpful, funny, and friendly. We also had the lebanese red and dessert wines which were also delicious!Special Features:
- Can't go wrongtsfoodjournalDined on 9/21/2013Lebanese Taverna is one of my favorite spots in Baltimore. The food is always delicious and service is superb.Special Features:
- Lebanese in BaltimorebouladDined on 9/21/2013I love the Lebanese Taverna. The food is authentic and plentiful. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.