Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore
719 S. President Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 4102445533x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11:30AM 10:00PM
Tuesday - Thursday 11:30AM 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday 11:30AM 11:00PM
Sunday 11:30AM 9:00PM
Happy Hour // Monday - Friday 4:00 - 7:00 pm in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks priced $4 - $6 .
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Offering authentic Middle Eastern cuisine from our full service catering division. From rentals and servers Lebanese Taverna will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at email@example.com
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 4-7pm at the Bar and Lounge featuring selected mezza plates and alcoholic beverages ranging from $4.00 - $6.00. Bottomless Hommus $6.00
Offering Weekend Brunch from 11:30-4:00pm
- Cross Street: Aliceanna
- Public Transit: Ride the Charm City Circulator, Harbor East stop is less than 1 block and it's complimentary!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking after 5:00pm with a fee of $8.00. Street and nearby garage parking also available. After 5pm, $5.00 garage parking available with validation. Please see Hostess.
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore
Located a short distance from the Inner Harbor in trendy Harbor East, Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes. Gluten-free menu also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (39)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (25)scenic view (25)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (15)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (10)romantic (10)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- From my first visit thereOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/25/2009From my first visit there to my last, a consistency in service, quality of food, presentation, and personnel. Service is generally fast and the flavors memorable. It is distinctive and a jewel among the many ethnic restaurants in Baltimore.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2009The food was very good. The service a bit slow. Waiters do not anticipate and were a step behind even though we went early on a quiet evening. The service was slow to set us up with water then drinks while we study the menus and you have to do just a bit too much to attract a waiter's attention. The food arrives in reasonable time though and it is not expensive. Our kid (9 y.o.) loved the chicken kebab appetizer. Lamb and chicken for us were great too.
- So excellent! This place isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/20/2009So excellent! This place is wonderful, reasonably priced, with great great great food. Love it.Special Features:
- Although the waiters pushChasDined on 5/20/2009Although the waiters push ordering the group platters for groups of 4 or more, I would recommend ordering the group appetizer only. I find the entree platters to be disappointing, especially the seafood which is overcooked and flavorless. Stick with ordering individual entrees.Special Features:
- I was hesitant to go becausestealersDined on 5/19/2009I was hesitant to go because I was not familiar with Lebonese food but the appetizers were deliious and the steak Kabob was tender and flavorful. The staff was also extremely pleasant. We took a group from work and there was something for everyone. We were all happy.Special Features:
- I frequently go to the oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2009I frequently go to the one at Pentagon Row so I'm quite familiar with the fare. However, this one is bigger than the one at Pentagon Row. For anyone who loves Mediterraen food, Lebanese Taverna is a must. I absolutely love the Lebanese wine they offer. I tried a glass of the Ksara Chardonnay at the bar, and shared a bottle of the Chateau Musar Cabernet over dinner. Even if you order by the glass at the bar you are going to get a quality glass because they truly understand fine wine and the appropriate food paring. I will definitely go back to this fine establishment.Special Features:
- The dining room is beautiful.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/4/2009The dining room is beautiful. The staff is attentive and friendly. The menu items are numerous and interesting. The names are difficult to pronounce, but the staff helps guide you. The mezza are the best and varied enough to make an entire meal. We were there for a birthday lunch and the waiter gave us a free dessert for the occasion. My only complaint, the grilled veggies that came with each meal should have spent more time on the grill.Special Features:
- Simply fabulous! Hoping thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2009Simply fabulous! Hoping that more people will try this most delicious restaurant. The decor is beautiful....the bar is trendy....the food is wonderful and the service is just what Baltimore City needs. They already outshine most restaurants in B'more w/ their friendly service.Special Features:
- Have been there several times,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/23/2009Have been there several times, including the bar for lighter fare. Was surprised, late on a Thursday, the VERY LOUD bar crowd. They were, apparently, having fun, but it was much more exuberant than any time I remembered. We went to a table much further away and did enjoy a very nice dinner. Ambience of the dining room was (and always is) welcoming, and comfortable, though I have a "thing" about two-tops that are about 4 feet LONG from one end to the other, and only about 20 inches wide. I (as I always do) moved my chair to one side to be closer to my date. Food was excellent. Nothing beats Mediterreanan for fresh. Garlic, LOTS of garlic, but balanced with citris, chick peas, eggplant, yogurt and whatever protein they chose. Go!Special Features:
- A well balanced restaurantPJD7Dined on 4/23/2009A well balanced restaurant in regards food, ambience and service. Nothing really outstanding but all things good. A really nice room - casual and comfortable. Great location at the base of president Street on the water. You better like middle eastern food though. Not recommended for unadventurous eaters.Special Features:
- Was there for business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2009Was there for business dinner and it was excellent. Helpful staff, great food, and good wine presentation. We loved choice of Lebanese wines. One comment..after such a filling meal( we each had a special Rotisserie, Grill)something lite to cleanse the pallet like sorbet would be a perfect dessert.Special Features:
- food was delicious, however,GailDined on 4/18/2009food was delicious, however, service was very poor. there was a good deal of confusion over the ordering and food was not served in a timely or coordinated manner. wait staff lacked english language skillsSpecial Features:
- The food is just mediocre.MikeVIPDined on 4/17/2009The food is just mediocre. The chicken was dry and not too fresh. The chicken and lamb were very fatty and tough. I was also really disappointed with my dessert. It was a molten chocolate cake, and tasted like it was taken from a package and thrown into an oven for a few minutes.Special Features:
- If you like hummus and chickOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/17/2009If you like hummus and chick peas, its in almost everything. A lot of the food was very greasy / oily, they drenched the salads to the point pita chips were soggy. The food was ok but the place was nice looking and had a great atmosphere. I would not return most likely. Our waiter did not understand english very well, he was very pleasant but the communication gap made communicating diet needs almost impossible.
- Great food. Nice service.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/17/2009Great food. Nice service. Great menu selections! Wonderful meal!Special Features:
- I went with 3 other people,kheilighDined on 4/15/2009I went with 3 other people, the service was fantastic, the food was excellent, the decor was hip (a nice re-use of seatbelts as seating!), a very respectable if a little initially hard to follow wine list (they were out of the first wine we tried to order, a Lebanese bottle), and as it was a Wednesday evening, there was no crowd, for which we were grateful.Special Features:
- This place is a little-knownOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/10/2009This place is a little-known find! It's been there for two years, but because of the constant construction in the Harbor East area, you might never notice that there's a very finished, very chic restaurant very much open for business, right on the other side of the rubble (we didn't, until we found it on Open Table!) The food is fresh and authentic. We had hot and cold mezzes, accompanied by steaming-fresh bread and chilled Lebanese wine. Their Arabic coffee with cardamom was a perfect ending to the meal -- an unusual combination I'd never had before. Go try it for yourself!Special Features:
- I went there for lunch withOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/31/2009I went there for lunch with a few co-workers. We were very well taken care of.Special Features:
- I've hosted two business dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2009I've hosted two business dinners with great feedback from our guests. The menu lends itself to a wide variety of tastes.Special Features:
- I had been there for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2009I had been there for dinner twice and enjoyed it. This time 2 friends whose mother grew up in Lebanon joined us for their first visit. They knew all the dishes and how to pronounce them correctly. Everybody but me took home carryout for dinner. We all enjoyed our food and the attentive service.Special Features:
- From the beginning the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/13/2009From the beginning the service was questionable. The food was decent Mediterranean fare but was definitely lacking. The parking situation and the actual location of the restaurant just made it too much of a chore.
- Love this place, their foodEgretDined on 3/9/2009Love this place, their food is consistently fabulous. On several different occasions, I have brought several clients (who travel nonstop) to eat there, who know Lebanese food well, and they say it's some of best they've eaten anywhere in the U.S. Service is always very friendly, understated, yet attentive. Menu variety is great - lots of options for dieters, vegetarians, groups who want to share, and kids.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, pleasant surroundinOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/2/2009Wonderful food, pleasant surroundings, and quiet enough to carry on a conversation. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great service and ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2009Great service and ambiance. The food was good but I expected more for the price.
- Very nice. They gave me aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/28/2009Very nice. They gave me a nice dessert to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:
- Overall I enjoyed the mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2009Overall I enjoyed the meal with the exception of the beef/lamb shwarma. I ordered the Taverna Platter which consisted of a variety of small samples of dishes such as hommos, kibbeh etc. It also included a small (about 1/4 of a cup) portion of shwarma. I had about 3 bites of the shwarma and then gave up on as it was very well done, dry, fatty and tasteless. If I ever go again, I'll stick to the vegetarian dishes.
- Very happy that there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/21/2009Very happy that there was an allergy list since we're both vegan. The hummus was great, as was the chard soup, but some of the other items were acidic and odd. In general I enjoy this type of food, but not so much here. That said, they had sustainable wine available, and an inventive cocktail list. I'll come back and try other things.Special Features:
- Food was delicious and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/21/2009Food was delicious and ambiance was wonderful! Prices were appropriate and affordable.Special Features: