Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore
719 S. President Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lebanesetaverna.com/
- Phone: 4102445533x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11:30AM 10:00PM
Tuesday - Thursday 11:30AM 10:00PM
Friday - Saturday 11:30AM 11:00PM
Sunday 11:30AM 9:00PM
Happy Hour // Monday - Friday 4:00 - 7:00 pm in the lounge and bar. Appetizers and drinks priced $4 - $6 .
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Let us bring Lebanese Taverna to you! Offering authentic Middle Eastern cuisine from our full service catering division. From rentals and servers Lebanese Taverna will make your event memorable. The Catering Department can be contacted by calling (703) 841-1503 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 4-7pm at the Bar and Lounge featuring selected mezza plates and alcoholic beverages ranging from $4.00 - $6.00. Bottomless Hommus $6.00
Offering Weekend Brunch from 11:30-4:00pm
- Cross Street: Aliceanna
- Public Transit: Ride the Charm City Circulator, Harbor East stop is less than 1 block and it's complimentary!
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking after 5:00pm with a fee of $8.00. Street and nearby garage parking also available. After 5pm, $5.00 garage parking available with validation. Please see Hostess.
A word from Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore
Located a short distance from the Inner Harbor in trendy Harbor East, Lebanese Taverna serves authentic Middle Eastern fare in a casual yet stylish setting. The menu boasts over 25 appetizers and salads as well as a variety of grilled lamb, beef, chicken and fish entrees. There is a large selection of vegetarian dishes, too. To complement your dining experience, choose from our award-winning wine list or specialty cocktails. The restaurant is child-friendly and great for groups of all sizes. Gluten-free menu also available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (39)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (25)scenic view (25)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (15)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (10)romantic (10)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- OutstandingNYCvisitorDined on 10/17/2014Lebanese Taverna is one of my favorite harbor east restaurants. Delicious and authentic food, friendly staff, beautifully decorated plus it is affordable. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best HummusTzahiPVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great hummus, whole wheat pita, delicious entrees, and fantastic service by the bartender DaweetSpecial Features:
- Great Middle Eastern FoodGoodFoodHonVIPDined on 10/14/2014Lebanese Taverna has wonderful and always consistent Middle Eastern food. The Chef's Platter is a great dish with many Middle Eastern favorites like hummus, babaganoosh and tabouleh and you can order it made for a vegetarian and they will replace the meat kibbee with falafel. Yummy!Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 10/11/2014Great atmosphere and lots of great authentic Lebanese dishes to choose from! I had a hard time picking just one! The whole Sea Bass was coocked perfectly with lots of fresh spices to give it a great flavor. The hummus platter and the watermellon salad were a perfect way to start our meal! Our server was very timely and knowledgeable. We dined with our 4 children ages 3, 8, 11, 15 and everyone enjoyed the Lebanese food We will definately dine here again!Special Features:
- Tastey but loudBronwynDined on 10/10/20146 of us had a really great meal. We had the vegetarian sampler, grilled octopus, watermelon salad, seafood boulabaise, grilled fish and a couple other things and shared it all. It was a fabulous feast and everyone was happy. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small ServingsGinaDined on 10/4/2014The food and drinks were very good--we enjoyed our dinners; however, the portion sizes were very small for the price.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceTzahiPVIPDined on 9/29/2014Best hummus in town, fantastic deal during happy hour, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavor! Flavor! Flavor!LindaGDined on 9/14/2014Consistently delicious food. Grilled octopus and the calamari are terrific. The bread and sesame dip that come to your table as you are seated are delicious. They are not afraid to use spices here and each dish is unique. Very comfortable large booths are great for sharing dishes- the best way to sample lots of dishes. Good sized portions- even on the small plates. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food....Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014We arrived for our 7:30 reservation and were told "you're early". We were finally seated at 7:45 and, at 8:00, the manager walked by and said he would have our server come soon. We ordered a bottle of wine and, were then told, they didn't have it. We then waited another 10 minutes before the second bottle was delivered. (We were not given water yet....). We ordered appetizers which arrived rather timely (hard to take time to make hummus or baba ganoush). Our main entrees finally arrived at 8:55. While the manager did tell us they were busier than anticipated that evening, no compensation for our poor service was offered.Special Features:
- Great LebaneseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed this immensely. Especially enjoyed the lamb shank-so tenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect experienceCliveDined on 9/5/2014Everything about our experience was perfect. The weather was perfect to be seated outside. We were greeted by our waiter Sam and he took it from there. Sam was great. He had perfect recommendations and helped make the experience memorable. Hummus trip, watermelon feta were great starters and finished with the Lebanese doughnuts. I highly recommend. Thanks Sam!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantmdgirl27Dined on 9/5/2014Went here with another couple for dinner. Had great time but decided to try something new and wasn't happy. I normally get mixed or chicken schwarma which is always excellent. There was a new fish on the menu which they said was like halibut. It was not. It was undercooked and had no flavor. Stick to regular Mediterranean cuisine and all is good. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can pretend to be in BeirutJamesTravelVIPDined on 8/28/2014Sitting outside on a pleasant late summer evening by the East harbornyou could imagine being in Beirut. At least in the good old days! The food is ample. Good selection of Lebanese wines. attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family favoriteDquixote13Dined on 8/16/2014We started going to The Lebanese Taverna in DC. Ever since the location in Baltimore opened we have been hooked. We travel as a family to Baltimore at least once a year and this restaurant is a MUST. Fresh, delicious food served in an elegant, yet comfortable setting. The spicy hommos is delicious. There are plenty of vegetarian and gluten free choices. Finish the meal with a Turkish coffee!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBaltiDinerDined on 8/14/2014Boyfriend is gluten free so it was great that they had options for him! Food and service were both awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cutting CostsTzahiPVIPDined on 8/11/2014The past few times, asked for whole wheat bread and was told they don't have since the machine is broken and they haven't bothered t fix it.
- Sat Aug 9 Mid Day ReviewGoodFoodButDined on 8/9/2014Scarce was the valet parking, had to go to another restaurant up the street. Very few people there around 3:30pm. There is no excuse to paper trash to be scattered on the carpet when the place was nearly empty. How many times had the wait staff walked past the trash? Food was good generally. Bread that came with hummus was burned and dried out quickly. Service slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I thought is was only fair. The main dining room was loud and disorganized-
- Always good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Great hummus and grape leaves! I've been here about a dozen times and never been disappointed. Service could have been a little better but it wasn't awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Very Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2014Their pita accompanied by olive oil with herbs and seeds is special. My partner enjoyed the chicken schwarma and I had the chef's platter which gave me a taste of many things. The labneh (Lebanese yogurt) is to die for. I loved everything on the platter. The hostess steered us to a table in the bar because there were several large parties due in the restaurant. Our waitress checked on us frequently and the food came promptly. All in all a very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- Saturday BrunchHoneyDined on 8/2/2014My first time at this restaurant and it was restaurant week. Great deal! Offered a variety of food, including vegetarian and gluten free options. Honey ice cream, baklava, and Turkish coffee were amazing. It was my first time trying all three items and I want more. Overall a wonderful experience. I love the decor and ambiance. I wouldn't mind having a dinner party for my birthday there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good lebanese, need veggie entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014the food is good and the ambience is nice (though a little too loud at times). service was good but is often spotty. i wish they would offer more vegetarian/vegan entrees. there is really only one, the fatteh, and it is fried and drenched in dairy, so not really a healthy entree option.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphereCbrineDined on 7/26/2014Our server Daniel definitely made up for the wait time for food and drinks...It was a bit chaotic in there but he handled it well. Only downside was that two people in our group received warm beers and the manager offered to replace them with another kind of beer while they waited, which we thought was nice at the time but then charged them for it!! Overall though the food was delicious and our server did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findSJMRDined on 7/26/2014I went here with some friends, it was great! We got the hummus trio and I got the chicken kabobs. It was all delicious.Special Features:
- GoodFoodHonVIPDined on 7/21/2014Good food and good service as always. The Chef's platter has a little bit of many Lebanese traditional dishes so it is fun to try.Special Features:
- Awful at night-- go for lunchSLKileyDined on 7/19/2014I like this restaurant a lot, and I've been here several times with small and large groups, and several times with just me and my husband, but timing is everything! We had a reservation for Saturday night. It took over an hour for a group of 7 to get our food (this has never been the case when I have come with larger groups before). Service is usually a little slow, but this was ridiculous. Everyone was miserable and hungry by the time dinner finally arrived at 9:20pm. In addition, the restaurant was so loud we could not hear each other talk. The food was not the best, either. My fries were underdone, one person's sandwich was cold, and someone else's mixed dish did not have all the pieces, but we were too hungry to complain. Disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice foodSamKDined on 7/12/2014Love the vegetarian platter, one can sample a lot varieties. The Salad was very good as wellSpecial Features:
- AuthenticLebaneseTavernaDined on 7/5/2014Food is delicious and tastes authentic. Great for couple or for double dates. Dining area is not overcrowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- born4thjulyhealthyandsweetDined on 7/4/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration on the 4th of July. The food and service were great on an exquisite day! ThanksSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014My daughter had dined at Lebanese Taverna last summer and wanted to return to celebrate her birthday. We were a party of 6 and it was the first time the other 5 people in our party had been to this restaurant. The food was great however the service was extremely slow. It took just over an hour for our food to arrive after placing the order. The noise level was just loud enough to not be able to hear what someone was saying to you unless you were looking at them directly. Otherwise I have no other complaints. The food was well seasoned, the portions were generous and the ambience was nice. When I made the reservation on Open Table I noted we were celebrating a birthday and our waiter brought a dessert for us to share without a reminder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyLuvtodineVIPDined on 6/30/2014Had the best meal, great food, great bartender! It is a most!Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Great locate in Harbor East. Good food, good service and a nice bar. Would go back again.
- The following 676 reviews are from the Lebanese Taverna - Baltimore reviews archive.
- Very goodMINKSCVIPDined on 6/21/2014Good service. Very good and authentic food. Great area of Balt to dine inI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014I was very pleased with the variety on the menu and food was fresh, flavorful and reasonably priced. Service was impeccable and the setting very relaxing. I highly recommend this spot for business lunches for a change of pace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outTrishalVIPDined on 6/18/2014This is our 4th (or 5th) time at Lebanese Taverna in Baltimore and this time my wife and I were celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary. First of all, we were surprised as to how packed the place was at 8pm on a Wednesday, because I would have thought it wouldn't be house-full at that time. For the first time ever we ordered the entrees and didn't even bother with the Mezze. I had the Eggplant Fatteh which was amazing, although towards the end I sort of got overwhelmed by all the yogurt in the dish. My wife ordered the Mediterranean Sea Bass and she said she loved how flaky and light it was, and especially loved the presentation of it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Food was very good. not the Tabouleh salad, not enough lemon, seasoning, onions and did not like it was done with curly parsley vs italian one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently excellentCiciVIPDined on 6/6/2014This has become one of our favorite restaurants in Baltimore. The food is consistently excellent and the menu has a terrific variety of mezze and main courses. Whether we have a multi-course meal or just a sandwich and hummus, the food is always excellent. The prices are remarkably moderate considering the quality and ambiance. That is why we keep coming back again and again.Special Features:
- Bad business lunchDecoyDined on 6/4/2014Have always loved this restaurant for the food & location despite how noisy it can be, but had quite a bad experience here last week. Business lunch with someone from out of town - his first time there. I ended up embarrassed and apologizing to my companion - the service was that bad. Waiter very slow to take drink and food orders, rarely came back to check on us, didn't clear plates, didn't give extra plates to share meze dishes; was basically just absent, though it was not that busy. The guy wasn't unpleasant, just thoroughly incompetent. We might as well have been at Ruby Tuesday or some other cheap chain with checked-out young wait staff. Not cool.
- Great Middle Eastern FoodGoodFoodHonVIPDined on 6/3/2014The food and the service are always very good. I usually have the platter with various samples of Middle Eastern cuisine prepared vegetarian without meat and it is always fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Long waitfood4thoughtVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food was good but the wait agonizingly long. My food was just about warm probably because it was left waiting to get to the table. The restaurant was not all that busy but yet the time between courses was long enough to digest the food completely!! The waiter showed up on and off and made ridiculous conversation. We had to get the attention of another waiter to get us the dessert menus!Special Features: