Leatherby's Cafe Rouge
615 Town Center Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Leatherby's Cafe Rouge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/cafeRouge/
- Phone: 7144297640x
- Hours of Operation:
On performance nights
Closed on non-performance nights
Leatherby's will be open for brunch during weekend matinee performances
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ross Pangilinan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chef Joachim Splichal’s Patina Catering offers unrivaled cuisine and impeccable service for events held throughout Orange County and Southern California. Our experienced staff can help you create the perfect event at one of our landmark locations, including Leatherby's Cafe Rouge, Segerstrom Center for the Arts, or at your home, office and favorite destinations. Contact our Special Events team at 714 556 2122 ext. 4201
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant offers an array of exquisite locations for private events. Within the restaurant, the private dining room can seat groups from 10 to 60, while larger events can be held in the main dining room. Additional locations are located throughout the Segerstrom Center of the Arts, or at your home, office, or favorite destination. An ideal venue for wedding rehearsals and receptions and holiday parties.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Loos 7145562122x4202
- Special Events: Celebrate your next special event with class, elegance and style at Leatherby’s Café Rouge. Please contact Melissa Loos, Catering Sales Manager, for more information at MLoos@patinagroup.com 714-556-2122 ext. 4202
A word from Leatherby's Cafe Rouge
Located in the Renee and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall, Leatherby's Cafe Rouge is an exciting dining destination in Orange County. The intimate, high-backed banquettes surrounded by a sea of earth tones provide a serene setting, perfect for lively dinners, pre performance dining or simply for a great dining experience. We are conveniently located accross the Plaza from Segerstrom Center for the Arts and are proud to offer free corkage for a la carte dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Leatherby's Cafe Rouge - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
Leatherby's Cafe Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)fit for foodies (50)romantic (28)scenic view (16)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OutstandingCassDined on 8/26/2014Absolutely wonderful experience. Everything about dining here is a don't miss, and a must before a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the SegerstromwonderfuloxnardVIPDined on 8/24/2014Magnificent views of architecture from the windows looking onto the plaza of the performing arts center, and within the restaurant. The food and service are typical of a Patina restaurant, which is to say excellent in every way.Special Features:
- Fan-tastic again!nyadrmzDined on 8/10/2014Took three friends for brunch before seeing Ghost. Two had never experienced Café Rouge, but are excited to return. Hangar Steak, Chicken and Salmon were all excellent. Be sure to experience the Hamachi roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tbddDined on 8/5/2014The food for the most part was good, service good but kitchen slow.
- Before the Theater TreatRonRVIPDined on 8/1/2014Leatherby's Café Rouge is a longtime favorite.........the chef never fails to provide an exceptional cuisine. Last night we had the Chef's Tasting dinner with his recommended wine pairings...yum !! The service is good, but not as exceptional as the food. Next time you're going to the Segerstrom Center for the Arts Theater, book and early table at Café Rouge through Open Table. Dr RSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Ghost" dinnerluv4foodDined on 7/30/2014We have made an effort this 2013-2014 theatre season to extend our experience by having the prix fixe dinners at Leatherby's. We have enjoyed every meal....never been disappointed. In fact, we recommend Leatherby's to our friends as a wonderful pre-theatre dinning opportunity every chance we get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the ShowRobarooDined on 7/29/2014Always a good spot for dinner before the show at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. Service is always very good and you have just a fifty-yard walk to the theater. Both the pre-fixe and a la carte menu options are always intriguing.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014The crab salad was lousy...not fresh, paltry sizings of crab meet, nothing interesting at all about it. Drinks were overpriced as was most of the menu. Best thing about this place is location close to Segerstrom Performing Arts Center and the other performing arts venues in this area. Soft egg ravioli was great, however..a taste sensation that was made perfectly, and this offset the disappointing crab salad somewhat. There seemed to be some confusion with waiters on who was supposed to keep an eye on us for additional needs.
- Almost 5 starsfeedmeDined on 7/25/2014The food presentation was beautiful. The reason I gave it 4 stars was because the salmon was seasoned with too much cumin which I thought was an odd mix with the fish. To each his ownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2014The food was fabulous, the service was impeccable with 2 gentlemen attending at just the right intervals, and the ambience relaxing. We dined before 6:30 show time on a Sunday. Our reservation was at 4:30 which was perfect timing.
- My fav!PamelatjVIPDined on 7/12/2014Thank you for another wonderful evening and repast! The tasting menus were sumptuous, and Parker was a formidable server and entertainer. Will be back! Thanks Josh, always great to catch up!Special Features:
- Perfect for Pre-ShowhedyvonribbonDined on 7/12/2014My grandma and I were celebrating her birthday with a show at Sergerstrom. We wanted something nice, not too heavy, near the theater so we could valet, dine and walk to the show. Voila... Leatherby's! We each had a salad, shared the tenderloin and enjoy a dirty martini with hand-stuffed blue cheese/green olives. We left perfectly satisfied and happy. Rick took very good care of us. Ask for table 54.. very nice, delicious, classy and timely. Will most definitely make this part of my future show experiences. We arrived at about 5:40 for our 6pm reservation and were seated immediately. Perfect for the 7:30 Showtime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience Every TimeMMTFDined on 7/12/2014Parker was our server again, and always has the best recommendations for both food and beverage pairings. Appropriately friendly, attentive service, and very knowledgeable. All of our courses were fabulously delicious, and the beverages were perfectly mixed. Our choice for every performance we attend in the Segerstrom Arts & Music Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Special evening before PAC "Jersey Boys" production! Loved the menu choices for the musical! Wine was excellent and the evening was wonderful! We have been before and will return again! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cultural DelightarcfarcDined on 7/9/2014Combine dinner with a Segerstrom cultural event for a delightful evening.Special Features:
- Theater Evening MustAnnieDined on 7/8/2014Leatherby's is located directly across from the Orange County performing Arts Center. Before going to a show, We always have dinner there. Food is amazing. Very smart wine list. Service above and beyond. And...they keep us on track, time wise, so that we make our show on time.Special Features:
- First disappointment!sbsusanDined on 7/6/2014I was dating again after 2 years of widowhood & wanted to introduce John to Cafe Rouge. I have enjoyed The Performing Arts tickets for 15 years & Cafe Rouge has been our favorite spot for pre- theater dining almost as long. Sunday eve was a disaster! We arrived at 5:00. Our starters were placed in front if us at 5:20. By 6:00 we were served dinner. Our server knew curtain was at 6:30. Food arrived and my scallops were over salted and room temp. John's steak was not med. rare but well done. We had to run to make curtain, feeling so rushed, not relaxed and content as before. William was apologetic, but first impressions are memorable. We return in August for another theater evening. Not sure if we will chance that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Segerstrom Performing ArtswonderfuloxnardVIPDined on 7/5/2014Typical of a Patina Group property this restaurant excels at delicious food from an inventive menu, excellent service, attention from the management staff to insure customer satisfaction, and just general excellence. Located within the performing arts complex you can simply cross a patio to reach your evening of entertainment following an excellent meal.Special Features:
- Good experianceyummyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Very good service and great bar choices, menu options very good, good location for dinner before theater playSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed !jmacDined on 7/4/2014I have eaten here before and liked it but very displeased this time. No waiter to even give us water for 10 minutes. We each had an appetizer and a main course. Of the four dished one one, the riviolo, was good. The crab salad had hardly any crab, the lamb was tough, and the corn mezzalune had a very strange, acidic taste that was unpleasant. We didn't complain because we had a show to get to, but I probably won't go back
- luv4foodDined on 7/2/2014We have enjoyed several meals "themed" to the 2013/14 Performing Arts Center this season. We found them to be creative, of excellent quality and the service was delightful. We will definitely complete the season at Leatherby's!!Special Features:
- Great dinnerHBcookDined on 6/29/2014Went here before the Jersey Boys and had a wonderful experience. I had the heirloom tomato salad and the scallops and they were both great. Very creative presentation as well. Only complaint, skimpy pour on an expensive glass of wine - I hate that!Special Features:
- Always very goodlove2eatoutDined on 6/29/2014Lemons had scarring, not very appetizing when used to garnish cocktails, had to ask for better selection. Cappuccino was luke warm even after asking for it to be heated. They very thoughtfully brought a fresh one, but still not hot. Food was very tasty and the waiter was wonderful and very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jersey Boys Concert NightGastronomeNot1Dined on 6/28/2014Had dinner before the concert at the Segerstrom center. The only detractor seemed that the food took a long time to come out. We did not order appetizers so it seemed a long wait for a fairly straightforward dinner order. We had plenty of time before the event but if we had left only an hour for dinner we would have been in trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!LuvgdfoodDined on 6/24/2014Love to go to Leatherby's before the shows at SCFTA. Enjoyed The Four Seasons Menu. I did miss the Lobster Bisque soup.Special Features:
- An unexpected turnNandoDined on 6/24/2014My wife and I were celebrating our #34 wedding anniversary and were looking forward to a pleasant dining experience prior to seeing "Jersey Boys". Great location and the atmosphere was what we were hoping for. Our server was professional and friendly. But then...our salmon and short ribs were a bit overcooked. Then came desert and things took a rapid turn. The servers assistant delivered our desert and spilled the root beer float shooter onto our laps. Ok, accidents happen but he never came back to clean up the mess or provide a replacement for the spilled desert. Serioulsy! MIA! We informed our server and he went MIA. We had to ask for a wet towel to clean up the mess and I had to ask for club soda to remove the stain from my shirt.
- Consistently wonderful !CupcakeSVIPDined on 6/12/2014This is our Go-to restaurant whenever we are attending a concert at show at Segerstrom or SCR The food is imaginative and delicious and the service and setting very upscale. Last week we had a mezzaluna pasta with brown butter - lime sauce, (out of this world) and Scottish salmon that was melt-in-your mouth. And the S'mores dessert was divine. Ordering is ala carte or a pre-fixe Two tips : if you valet just outside and get validated, parking is just $10. Also all the Patina group restaurants have fee corkage ! Ask for Andy or Willie to be your server.Special Features:
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/12/2014Four of us had dinner and everything was delicious. And no corkage fee, a great bonus.Special Features:
- New menuLvk1VIPDined on 6/7/2014They need to have more variety. All the same food all season long :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedgandcDined on 6/7/2014Portions small and prices high. Service adequate, but had to call the waiter each time we needed something--in other words, not sufficiently attentive.Special Features:
- sadamsDined on 5/27/2014My granddaughter and I had a wonderful dinner. I think our waiter was new and very courteous but slow. My wine was delivered with my first course which was soup. We sat for quite awhile before he took my wine order. I have eaten here many times before and always had my wine a little while before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PrairieDogDined on 5/25/2014The food was very good and the presentation was excellent. While the portion sizes were small, a teaspoon of mashed potatoes was definitely overdoing the minimalist approach. The service was good until we got our food, but then the server seemed to disappear. We refilled our own wine glasses and had to ask a busboy to alert the waiter that we wanted our bill.Special Features:
- Great Food, but....THannahDined on 5/24/2014Food was excellent. Service however...we had Rick. After he'd served drinks, he mostly ignored the table. When our drinks had been empty for a while, we had to ask the busboy if he could find Rick for more drinks. That didn't work, so literally had to call out to Rick as he passed by for the 5th or 6th time. We placed our next drink orders, one was a champagne drink. It took > 20 minutes to get them. According to Rick, the bar ran out of champagne and had to find another bottle. With dinner, I'd ordered a side dish that was forgotten until I had to ask Rick about it. This was after half my meal was done, since, again, Rick rarely stopped by. With the prices I paid, not sure I'll come back - too bad since the food was excellent.
- Excellent for pre-show dinnerJohnDined on 5/24/2014We love Leatherby's for a pre-play or pre-symphony dinner. The food and service are excellent. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Theater DiningRonRVIPDined on 5/23/2014Cafe Rouge is perfectly located in the Segerstrom Symphony Hall. The food is excellent, and the service is good. Definitely a great place for dinner before the Symphony or theater. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice treatElegantVIPDined on 5/22/2014Great food, beautiful environment and convenient location for show night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good value for moneyOpenSesameDined on 5/20/2014Although the service was outstanding, we had a show to attend and they got us out in perfect time, the cost was very high. The food was tasty, even good, but there wasn't much of it - and I don't like large portions, just value for cost. I wish the waiter had told us how small the appetizers were, as we shared them, with only a few bites per person. Main course was fine, but we needed sides that cost extra. I would recommend this restaurant if you want the convenience and have deep pockets. There really isn't anywhere else to conveniently dine at the Segerstrom Center.
- Perfect for Pre Theater and BYOBjhddpDined on 5/20/2014Always an interesting menu and very conscious of meeting show times if arrival is timely. Great that there is no corkage fee.Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodieDined on 5/20/2014We had not dined at Leatherby's in several years. Was it as good as the last time? We were not disappointed. Service was great, food was superb (duck and beef tenderloin - both perfectly cooked). As wine enthusiasts, we bring our own wine to restaurants and appreciated no corkage. A perfect pre-theatre dining experience. We well be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectletsgoDined on 5/18/2014A great place to eat pre- theater or concert. Special menus to get you to the show on time. Small portions of food not for the hearty eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.