Le Zinc - Seattle
1449 E Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Le Zinc - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.le-zn.com/
- Phone: (206) 257-4151
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-Midnight
Sunday Brunch: 10:30AM - 3PM.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jaron Witsoe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Le Zinc - Seattle
Le Zinc is the ideal restaurant for those diners who seek a casual yet creative dining experience in Seattle. Our goal is to provide a relaxed, neighborhood-style French gastro-pub and bar that features French cuisine, highlighting local ingredients with an emphasis on Penn Cove mussels, and a wine list featuring wines from France and the Pacific Northwest. The bar and lounge primarily showcase local premium beers and spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Le Zinc - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
Le Zinc - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (44)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (29)special occasion (23)notable wine list (16)good for groups (15)great for brunch (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great service, ok foodHenryDined on 11/20/2014The service was friendly and excellent. The main course (halibut) was merely warm and must have sat plated for a while before being delivered. The dessert was tasty with the exception of the "cookie" which was overly hard. The dessert reduction was close to bitter. Would return but try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Zinc DinnerVSMJDined on 11/17/2014Had one of the best Salmon Entree and a unique dish - vegetarian Tarte Flambée. Wine was great! Ambience is sophisticated and quiet. A great fit for a nice romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallFofinhaDined on 11/8/2014My only suggestion would be that I'd prefer not to pay extra for bread/butter and vegetables to accompany the main dish.Special Features:
- Opposite of 1st timePiquDined on 11/3/2014This was our 2nd visit. The first was wonderful. The "chief" waiter was skillful and very professional; the cassoulet was great. BUT, 4 of us went on a Monday night. I had the "coq a van." It was tender chicken served in a heavy brown sauce (perhaps A1 steak sauce?); the potato "soufflé" was undercooked potato chunks with a coating of melted cheese; the americano coffe was bitter. There were 2 waiters. Ours was friendly but inefficient and incredibly unattendant, especially considering the restraurant was practically empty. The other waiter looked slovenly. All in all, we won't be returning.
- Great food, drinks and ambianceUmiaqDined on 10/31/2014There are lots of choices on Seattle's Capitol Hill and I put off going to Zinc until last Friday when I was entertaining a friend from out of town. It provided one of the best dining experiences I have had in recent months - creative cocktails, excellent food and service and an ideal spot to sit and converse with friends. Will be back soon and can highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Lovely french-inspired restaurantLizLarsDined on 10/30/2014We came as part of restaurant week and really enjoyed it here. The meals were sized perfectly that we weren't over-full after three courses and everything paired quite well. We started with french onion soups- rich and hearty. I had salmon over pureed yams. The salmon was cooked til crispy on the outside and soft and perfectly done inside. My husband had the beef cheeks and both the beef and the brussel sprouts around the outside were nicely cooked and flavorful. We both had creme brulee for dessert and it was crunchy on the top and rich on the inside- excellent! We had a great time. A bit of a newer on inexperienced server, but otherwise great.Special Features:
- Misleading ads and poor serviceOpenTableFanVIPDined on 10/29/2014As advertised on their website: "FREE MUSSELS WEDNESDAYS (no joke!) There is really no catch. Just come enjoy FREE mussels from open to close. We just ask that your order something else from our menu (drinks, bread, happy hour, dinner, anything you want!) Reserve for dinner or walk-in for lounge/bar seating!" There is actually a catch. It's only free for the 1st order-- if you want extra, then you gotta pay. And the mussels were REALLY tiny! When we pointed that out to the head server, he said, "if we offered unlimited mussels, we would go broke." Well, guess what? Don't advertise it and mislead people then! If they can't be upfront about this, what else are they hiding in their kitchen that they don't want you to know?
- lovetoeatoutVIPDined on 10/25/2014First time at Le Zinc, and was disappointed....service reminded me of Faulty Towers! Our server was run off his feet and the owner/host did nothing to help other than stand around and look stressed. Everyone needs to pitch in and help when busy. The other odd thing was we were given 2 menus for the 4 of us, and when we asked for menus, were told they didn't have enough - that's a first! The food was good, and if not for the disorganization, our dinner would have been really good.
- FrancophilefilmbellaDined on 10/24/2014My friends and I met up here before a show at Neumos and we were not disappointed. We all wanted moules (mussels) but didn't want a giant order for each of us, so the waiter suggested we order two kinds of the full order with an order of bread and share. It turned out to be a perfect size. A bottle of wine, a few chats in francais with our waiter and the owner - we were all utterly charmed, including our French friend - and you know French people are not easy to please. Plus, this place gives away moules on Wednesdays - no joke! I'll be back.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodMelandMe330Dined on 10/22/2014The food was amazing, especially the mussels, French onion soup, pate and Salmon. My only disappointment was that they seemed understaffed.Special Features:
- MehJennyDined on 10/22/2014I dined at Le Zinc with a small group of girlfriends for restaurant week. We all purchased alcohol so there shouldn't have been any animosity about the skimpiness of our ordering. Bottom line is this: food is fair, nothing INSANELY good, but the services is really lacking. Not very nice and not very attentive. Its too bad, too, because I would have come back for the food--with the service though? Nope. Lots of places in town have equal or better food with service to match.
- Horrible waiterhu1993Dined on 10/19/2014After seating us, the waiter asked us if we wanted bread and butter before we got a look at the menu, so we said sure thinking it was complimentary. Later when we received our bill did we find out that we had been charged for the bread because it was an appetizer. Throughout the meal the waiter served us in a very rushed manner and in the end he made sure to tell us multiple times that "tip is not included". The food was good, but the service was so bad I would not come here again
- Le supriseFoodieDined on 10/17/2014A charming spot with delicious French classics. Service a bit confused but worth a second trip. Dessert was a lovely baked to order gem! Worth it just for that but a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great little spotdjc1Dined on 10/11/2014went here for a birthday celebration with family. had a great meal (I had a shrimp special, the salmon that others had was also very good) and really good coctails. Our waiter seemed a bit inexperienced but was earnest and attentive without being annoying. I intend to go back for one of their weekly specials.Special Features:
- Very good foodRinaVIPDined on 10/9/2014Le zinc is very good food at affordable prices. The service is prompt and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJW14Dined on 10/7/2014Delicious food and excellent service. Best cassoutlet I've had in a long time. My friend thoroughly enjoyed her scallop entrée.Special Features:
- Taste of France from the HillFoodieMommaDined on 10/2/2014Lovely atmosphere for a special occasion. Had dinner the night before visiting Seattle U, just blocks away. Made an 8pm reservation in order to use a TravelZoo certificate, so no wait & no crowds. Unfortunately, our 1st server was not very gracious. As soon as he saw we had a prepaid dinner voucher, he didn't return for our drink or dinner orders. The woman who seated us came pretty quickly to check on us and when she discovered he had not returned,immediately took over our table and served us herself throughout our meal. We enjoyed chatting with her. She went out of her way to make a special "mocktail" for my daughter and let me taste 2 unfamiliar French wines so I could select a glass. All food was beautiful & delicious. Definitely go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceFloridaguyDined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed our meal here greatly. Steak and frites and mussels were excellent. Had the travelzoo coupon.Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Both the server and the bartender were less than friendly. Server asked us twice if we wanted bread; it felt like it was being forced on us even. We refused both times. At the end of the night, on top of a lot of other serving mishaps, what do you know, a charge for bread and butter ended up on our bill?!?!
- What a gem!jemerdeuseDined on 9/26/2014Le Zinc didn't look like a place I'd have normally walked into, but a friend's recommendation sent us to dinner there. What a lucky turn of fate! Dinner was marvelous and the service was absolutely impeccable. We'll be back again, no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Le Zinc is a gastronomic pleasure with a quality barstaff, waitstaff, and an impressive menu. The offerings are delicious and beautifully plated. Paris is a delightful host, with extensive experience in the business. Check out the Sunday brunch or the happy hour specials of food and spirits!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Zinc Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014This was my first visit at Le Zinc. We arrived early so we were the first couple to be seated. Rene was our server as he was very attentive and would pop over to see if we were enjoying our meal. He was very pleasant and truly helped to make our experience memorable. Additionally, as we stepped into the restaurant, the owner greeted us warmly, which helped to set a pleasant mood for the evening. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Just Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Dinner never ceases to impress! We had a wonderful night and a wonderful dinner! The staff is always amazing! Love Le Zinc.Special Features:
- LOVE this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/10/2014Le Zinc is fabulous. An unpretentious French cafe with excellent food, superb service, and great prices. The mussels here are the star, but everything else is great too. If you like mussels, be sure to go on Wednesday nights when they are free. Yes, FREE. Don't miss the craft cocktails and the cheese selections. The attentive, unfussy service really makes the experience great. You can just tell that they care about their customers and want you to enjoy your experience - that is why we keep going back. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Quiet & charmingCapHillresDined on 9/5/2014Was very impressed by Le Zinc on our first visit. The lemon gnocci, mussels, salads, and frites were very memorable. We loved the ambience - unlike a lot of the new restaurants in Capitol Hill, you can hear your companions talk because Le Zinc is quiet. The interior is interesting and fun. Best of all is the outstanding service - warm, attentive, and thoughtful. When I asked about the frite-like items on my friend's plate, our waiter, Paris, explained that they were made of parsnips and showed up with a bowl of them for all of us at the table to share! And the chocolate cake is awesome!Special Features:
- Best Mussels in townJlarsDined on 9/5/2014I have eaten here twice. The food is excellent especially the mussels. My friend and I think those with the delicious bread and salted butter should be outlawed. It is almost impossible to stop eating them especially if you have any hope of also having dinner. They have a very nice menu. We landed on splitting a burger with pomme frites. Both were delicious and cooked perfectly. Heavenly dessert... Welcoming atmosphere with friendly people. Wait person who was extremely attentive and helpful. I plan to come back often.Special Features:
- Worth a triphungryDined on 8/29/2014Nibbles at the bar. Mussels in lobster broth excellent. Fois gras disappointing.
- A Symphony with one sour notedrsbattenVIPDined on 8/25/2014Le Zinc was a great find in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle. We were greeted warmly by staff and our server was attentive, informative and professional. The food at Le Zinc was a symphony of flavors and the meal was excellent. I ordered the Foie Gras which was very tasty although a bit small and my husband had a pate that was quite good. We both ordered the salmon and were impressed with the subtle mix of flavors and perfect temperature of the fish. The wine list is quite nice and reasonable, especially since Monday was half priced bottles. The only sour note to the evening was being charged $4 for the bread and butter we were offered by the manager without explanation of the pricing. It seemed a bit tacky for such a fine place.Special Features:
- elegant diningcharlotteDined on 8/21/2014We arrived fairly early (6pm) and the noise level was much higher by the time we left (8pm). Too much for us, but while we were eating it was perfect. Everything we ate was beautifully prepared and delicious. Service was unobtrusive and helpful when needed. The prices were a little for regular meals on my budget.Special Features:
- Confit OMGOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a great meal with a group so had a chance to taste multiple dishes. Everything was really outstanding and the duck confit was unbelievably awesome.Special Features:
- Great LoungeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The lounge was very comfortable for my group. The people was very accommodating for my group. The food was good! Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foooooodDined on 8/16/2014The pan seared foie gras was AMAZING, the mussels were delicious, fries were well seasoned but came to the table a little cold, and the duck confit was also good. The bread is a little over crisped and was almost difficult to eat without cutting your mouth. This seems to be pretty common in a lot of Seattle restaurants. The host and waiter were very sweet and made the experience fun! They also have great cocktails!Special Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014Le Zinc is one of those notable small neighborhood restaurants that truly excels...in the quality of its food and in the commitment of its staff, especially its maitre'd whose friendliness and helpfulness was so great I actually mistook him for the owner. Mussels are the word here, though the menu includes a lot of other tasty items too. The full buckets of large, fresh Penn Cove mussels exceed other restaurants both in their quantity and their quality. Try the creamy Madeira sauce ones...even when the mussels were gone I didn't want to surrender the dipping sauce. The lobster broth ones are terrific too; the garlic and wine ones lighter and more delicately sauced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 142 reviews are from the Le Zinc - Seattle reviews archive.
- Is this real life??DutchBrownbearDined on 7/23/2014Prior to my visit to Le Zinc, I was missing something in my life. Every single meal I had had up to that point in time was not cutting it for me. The flavor was lacking that BANG!! That pupil dilating effect. I was in a food slump. I had made a reservation to Le Zinc due to the fact that I received a gift card from a prior boss. Clearly someone who knows food. The second I stepped into the lovely spot, I knew my funk was over! From the cheese plate to the steak tartare and all the way up to the Angel Food cake. THIS. WAS. BLISS. I HIGHLY recommend Le Zinc to everyone! It was an absolute delight eating there and I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French food on Capital HillMichaelVIPDined on 7/7/2014Casual restaurant with very good French bistro food. Fun cocktails and friendly service.
- Friendly Service, Great FoodTAB1Dined on 6/26/2014The welcome was warm and friendly from the moment we walked in the door. I've rarely been to a place that so effectively makes me feel like I belong. I had the mussels again. Very French. Very good!Special Features:
- RecommendedLakewADined on 6/26/2014Nice space, friendly staff and very good food. Only criticism would be how long it took to get entrees. But they were worth the waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly neighborhood restaurantnakedtonueVIPDined on 6/24/2014Friendly neighborhood restaurant with a decadent French flare. The mussels were the crowd favorite.Special Features:
- Fantastic French CuisineBoxDeluxeVIPDined on 6/21/2014Celebrated a birthday party here. Really friendly waiting staff. We thought the wine list looked a little limited so we brought our own with no pushing to try their wine. We eventually tried the Margaux too. The real star was the food, the frites & foie were delicious, with the perfect bite of crisp crunch exterior and fluffy interior. We coming back for the moules creme de madere which were just stunning and the steak frites and steak tartare were very good too.Special Features:
- Great dinner experience at the ZincOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great food and great experience. We went there my husband, our 2 children (13 years old and 17 years old) and I and all enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Interesting and varied menu, local produce, all freshly made.Special Features: