Le Zinc - Seattle
1449 E Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98122Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Le Zinc - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.le-zn.com/
- Phone: 2062574151x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-Midnight
Sunday Brunch: 10:30AM - 3PM.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jaron Witsoe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Le Zinc - Seattle
Le Zinc is the ideal restaurant for those diners who seek a casual yet creative dining experience in Seattle. Our goal is to provide a relaxed, neighborhood-style French gastro-pub and bar that features French cuisine, highlighting local ingredients with an emphasis on Penn Cove mussels, and a wine list featuring wines from France and the Pacific Northwest. The bar and lounge primarily showcase local premium beers and spirits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Le Zinc - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Capitol Hill / First Hill ›
Le Zinc - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (32)romantic (22)special occasion (19)notable wine list (16)good for groups (14)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Le supriseFoodieDined on 10/17/2014A charming spot with delicious French classics. Service a bit confused but worth a second trip. Dessert was a lovely baked to order gem! Worth it just for that but a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great little spotdjc1Dined on 10/11/2014went here for a birthday celebration with family. had a great meal (I had a shrimp special, the salmon that others had was also very good) and really good coctails. Our waiter seemed a bit inexperienced but was earnest and attentive without being annoying. I intend to go back for one of their weekly specials.Special Features:
- Very good foodRinaVIPDined on 10/9/2014Le zinc is very good food at affordable prices. The service is prompt and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJW14Dined on 10/7/2014Delicious food and excellent service. Best cassoutlet I've had in a long time. My friend thoroughly enjoyed her scallop entrée.Special Features:
- Taste of France from the HillFoodieMommaDined on 10/2/2014Lovely atmosphere for a special occasion. Had dinner the night before visiting Seattle U, just blocks away. Made an 8pm reservation in order to use a TravelZoo certificate, so no wait & no crowds. Unfortunately, our 1st server was not very gracious. As soon as he saw we had a prepaid dinner voucher, he didn't return for our drink or dinner orders. The woman who seated us came pretty quickly to check on us and when she discovered he had not returned,immediately took over our table and served us herself throughout our meal. We enjoyed chatting with her. She went out of her way to make a special "mocktail" for my daughter and let me taste 2 unfamiliar French wines so I could select a glass. All food was beautiful & delicious. Definitely go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceFloridaguyDined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed our meal here greatly. Steak and frites and mussels were excellent. Had the travelzoo coupon.Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Both the server and the bartender were less than friendly. Server asked us twice if we wanted bread; it felt like it was being forced on us even. We refused both times. At the end of the night, on top of a lot of other serving mishaps, what do you know, a charge for bread and butter ended up on our bill?!?!
- What a gem!jemerdeuseDined on 9/26/2014Le Zinc didn't look like a place I'd have normally walked into, but a friend's recommendation sent us to dinner there. What a lucky turn of fate! Dinner was marvelous and the service was absolutely impeccable. We'll be back again, no doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Le Zinc is a gastronomic pleasure with a quality barstaff, waitstaff, and an impressive menu. The offerings are delicious and beautifully plated. Paris is a delightful host, with extensive experience in the business. Check out the Sunday brunch or the happy hour specials of food and spirits!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Zinc Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014This was my first visit at Le Zinc. We arrived early so we were the first couple to be seated. Rene was our server as he was very attentive and would pop over to see if we were enjoying our meal. He was very pleasant and truly helped to make our experience memorable. Additionally, as we stepped into the restaurant, the owner greeted us warmly, which helped to set a pleasant mood for the evening. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Just Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Dinner never ceases to impress! We had a wonderful night and a wonderful dinner! The staff is always amazing! Love Le Zinc.Special Features:
- LOVE this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/10/2014Le Zinc is fabulous. An unpretentious French cafe with excellent food, superb service, and great prices. The mussels here are the star, but everything else is great too. If you like mussels, be sure to go on Wednesday nights when they are free. Yes, FREE. Don't miss the craft cocktails and the cheese selections. The attentive, unfussy service really makes the experience great. You can just tell that they care about their customers and want you to enjoy your experience - that is why we keep going back. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Quiet & charmingCapHillresDined on 9/5/2014Was very impressed by Le Zinc on our first visit. The lemon gnocci, mussels, salads, and frites were very memorable. We loved the ambience - unlike a lot of the new restaurants in Capitol Hill, you can hear your companions talk because Le Zinc is quiet. The interior is interesting and fun. Best of all is the outstanding service - warm, attentive, and thoughtful. When I asked about the frite-like items on my friend's plate, our waiter, Paris, explained that they were made of parsnips and showed up with a bowl of them for all of us at the table to share! And the chocolate cake is awesome!Special Features:
- Best Mussels in townJlarsDined on 9/5/2014I have eaten here twice. The food is excellent especially the mussels. My friend and I think those with the delicious bread and salted butter should be outlawed. It is almost impossible to stop eating them especially if you have any hope of also having dinner. They have a very nice menu. We landed on splitting a burger with pomme frites. Both were delicious and cooked perfectly. Heavenly dessert... Welcoming atmosphere with friendly people. Wait person who was extremely attentive and helpful. I plan to come back often.Special Features:
- Worth a triphungryDined on 8/29/2014Nibbles at the bar. Mussels in lobster broth excellent. Fois gras disappointing.
- A Symphony with one sour notedrsbattenVIPDined on 8/25/2014Le Zinc was a great find in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of Seattle. We were greeted warmly by staff and our server was attentive, informative and professional. The food at Le Zinc was a symphony of flavors and the meal was excellent. I ordered the Foie Gras which was very tasty although a bit small and my husband had a pate that was quite good. We both ordered the salmon and were impressed with the subtle mix of flavors and perfect temperature of the fish. The wine list is quite nice and reasonable, especially since Monday was half priced bottles. The only sour note to the evening was being charged $4 for the bread and butter we were offered by the manager without explanation of the pricing. It seemed a bit tacky for such a fine place.Special Features:
- elegant diningcharlotteDined on 8/21/2014We arrived fairly early (6pm) and the noise level was much higher by the time we left (8pm). Too much for us, but while we were eating it was perfect. Everything we ate was beautifully prepared and delicious. Service was unobtrusive and helpful when needed. The prices were a little for regular meals on my budget.Special Features:
- Confit OMGOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2014Had a great meal with a group so had a chance to taste multiple dishes. Everything was really outstanding and the duck confit was unbelievably awesome.Special Features:
- Great LoungeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The lounge was very comfortable for my group. The people was very accommodating for my group. The food was good! Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foooooodDined on 8/16/2014The pan seared foie gras was AMAZING, the mussels were delicious, fries were well seasoned but came to the table a little cold, and the duck confit was also good. The bread is a little over crisped and was almost difficult to eat without cutting your mouth. This seems to be pretty common in a lot of Seattle restaurants. The host and waiter were very sweet and made the experience fun! They also have great cocktails!Special Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014Le Zinc is one of those notable small neighborhood restaurants that truly excels...in the quality of its food and in the commitment of its staff, especially its maitre'd whose friendliness and helpfulness was so great I actually mistook him for the owner. Mussels are the word here, though the menu includes a lot of other tasty items too. The full buckets of large, fresh Penn Cove mussels exceed other restaurants both in their quantity and their quality. Try the creamy Madeira sauce ones...even when the mussels were gone I didn't want to surrender the dipping sauce. The lobster broth ones are terrific too; the garlic and wine ones lighter and more delicately sauced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is this real life??DutchBrownbearDined on 7/23/2014Prior to my visit to Le Zinc, I was missing something in my life. Every single meal I had had up to that point in time was not cutting it for me. The flavor was lacking that BANG!! That pupil dilating effect. I was in a food slump. I had made a reservation to Le Zinc due to the fact that I received a gift card from a prior boss. Clearly someone who knows food. The second I stepped into the lovely spot, I knew my funk was over! From the cheese plate to the steak tartare and all the way up to the Angel Food cake. THIS. WAS. BLISS. I HIGHLY recommend Le Zinc to everyone! It was an absolute delight eating there and I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French food on Capital HillMichaelVIPDined on 7/7/2014Casual restaurant with very good French bistro food. Fun cocktails and friendly service.
- Friendly Service, Great FoodTAB1Dined on 6/26/2014The welcome was warm and friendly from the moment we walked in the door. I've rarely been to a place that so effectively makes me feel like I belong. I had the mussels again. Very French. Very good!Special Features:
- RecommendedLakewADined on 6/26/2014Nice space, friendly staff and very good food. Only criticism would be how long it took to get entrees. But they were worth the waitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly neighborhood restaurantnakedtonueVIPDined on 6/24/2014Friendly neighborhood restaurant with a decadent French flare. The mussels were the crowd favorite.Special Features:
- The following 136 reviews are from the Le Zinc - Seattle reviews archive.
- Fantastic French CuisineBoxDeluxeVIPDined on 6/21/2014Celebrated a birthday party here. Really friendly waiting staff. We thought the wine list looked a little limited so we brought our own with no pushing to try their wine. We eventually tried the Margaux too. The real star was the food, the frites & foie were delicious, with the perfect bite of crisp crunch exterior and fluffy interior. We coming back for the moules creme de madere which were just stunning and the steak frites and steak tartare were very good too.Special Features:
- Great dinner experience at the ZincOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Great food and great experience. We went there my husband, our 2 children (13 years old and 17 years old) and I and all enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Interesting and varied menu, local produce, all freshly made.Special Features:
- nice!TLFurstDined on 6/16/2014nice place and excellent food, made with care and very high value for the money. Ambience is nice, also. Only quibble was that the service was a little perfunctory--just not very engaged or engaging.Special Features:
- Le Zinc is a home runlesleyDined on 6/16/2014We live very close to Le Zinc and it has become out local favorite. Monday's there is no corkage or half price wine, and there are free mussels on Wednesdays. The frites are the best in town. It is nice and quiet, unlike many popular restaurants so good for talking. Good service and a nice bar area for casual dining.Special Features:
- felt like france!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/15/2014we thoroughly enjoyed this, not knowing much about the place.Special Features:
- For the foie gras lover!AFosterDined on 6/13/2014...which I'm not particularly keen on. Foie gras seemed to be featured in 1/2 of the menu items, but it didn't take long to find something else to order. Food was well prepared and service was great, but the experience wasn't quite worth the hefty check at the end of dinner. The quality of the their cocktails and wine almost makes up for the cost.Special Features:
- Great food!NardoVIPDined on 6/7/2014I keep trying not to like French food, but dining like this keeps ruining that plan! Everything was simple delicious!! I had Duck Condit for my first time... It was spectacular! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic frenchSeattlefriendDined on 6/7/2014Le Zinc was a great night out with my husband and son! Frites with foi gras, mussels, the vege polenta dish and a great steak were all parts of a delicious meal. A fabulous huge baguette with housemade butter to start! Then cake and almond/coconut ice cream. Champagne.....ginger beer for my son. Our waiter Parris walked us through all of the decisions and they were fantastic. The ambience there is great and all the customers seemed relaxed and happy.Special Features:
- Order the musselssfbaytimDined on 6/4/2014Great ambience, service, wine list and menu ... but be sure to order the mussels meneure ... and a warm Macrina baguette to soak. You won't regret it.Special Features:
- great findDavidHSeattleVIPDined on 5/23/2014we loved it; food took us back to our time in france .. but perhaps better; wine (Morgon) was wonderful; everything made for a lovely Friday evening and end of week rewardSpecial Features:
- Mon Dieu, what a find!!!ShewholovesgoodfoodDined on 5/23/2014Relatively new to Capitol Hill, this restaurant is awesome. We started with the Salade Verte, which was reminiscent of a green salad one might find in Paris. Light on dressing but especially flavorful. We then went on to Moules Frites, which is their specialty. One can select from 3 different choices of flavorful sauces/broths. The mussels were from Penn Cove and they were sweet, tender and flavorful. Frites were crisp and small, to our liking, and served with a perfect dipping sauce. This place will become a regular spot for us, particularly when hosting friends who love mussels. One last comment: if you are lucky enough to have Parris as your waiter, he is absolutely delightful and so helpful in making drink and menu selections.Special Features:
- Great restaurantDLFoodieVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food was outstanding and our waiter made incredible recommendations -never overselling. It was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to eatMadValleyRezDined on 5/11/2014Just ate here last night for Mother's Day. Kudos to the wait and kitchen staff for being so engaging. The food was excellent, especially the desserts. I've never been in love with crème brûlée before, but this was the best I've ever had with lots of vanilla bean specs at the bottom of the bowl; very tasty. And it wouldn't have occurred to me that an olive oil gateau would be yummy, but was it ever with vanilla whipped cream to and strawberries to die for. My seared halibut was quite good, although I think salmon would do better with this technique 'cause it's fattier and intrinsically more flavorful. My wife had the pizza like dish that was VERY good with scalloped potatoes. This place is definitely one of our favorites now.Special Features:
- Love this place.KW33VIPDined on 5/11/2014This place was delish! Although, the service was a little rude at one point when I asked for olive oil. (Strange.) But loved it otherwise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.