1430 High Street Suite 801
Williamsburg, VA 23188Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.leyacawilliamsburg.com/
- Phone: 7572203616x
- Hours of Operation:
Seven days a week: 11AM - 10PM daily
Lunch menu 11AM - 3PM
Bar menu 3PM - 10PM
Dinner menu 5PM - 10PM
Coffee, tea, and pastry menu 11AM - 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Daniel Yves Abid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For Parties that would like outside catering please contact Jackie Chutter at Virginia Escape 757-229-1161 ext 10, or 1-800-992-1656; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that fits up to 50 and three smaller rooms that can accommodate up to 20. For the larger room we ask that you have a group menu. For groups over 15 we ask that you have a set menu which can be from or group menu or from the Dinner menu it will increase your dining enjoyment at Le Yaca French Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Joy Anderson-Abid 7578698255x
A word from Le Yaca
Le Yaca began in a tiny, country village(Courchevel)in the French Alps in 1964.Daniele Bourderau & Gerard decided that it would be fun to open a small restaurant. When friends learned of their plans they told the hopeful restaurateurs that they were crazy to think that people would drive 8 kilometers on a winding, icy road for dinner.Daniele and Gerard hesitated for 3 months and then decided: “yaca le faire,” a contraction of the French phrase “ il n’y a qu’a le faire” which basically means “let’s do it.” They called the restaurant Le Yaca as a gag. But the name caught on with customers, who were amused by the pun and contributed to the restaurant’s lore by inventing “yaca-isms ” of their own: yaca y aller (let’s go). Daniele came to the United States & opened Le Yaca in Williamsburg.Daniel Abid bought le Yaca in 2001. Daniel worked and trained in such prestigious places as “Le Pre Catelan” and “Lenotre” in Paris; “L’Amandier” and “Roger Verge" and to top it all off “Alain Ducasse.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Yaca - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Le Yaca reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (276)romantic (211)fit for foodies (207)notable wine list (136)neighborhood gem (119)great for lunch (93)good for groups (74)great for outdoor dining (66)great for brunch (61)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fantastic for a Romantic DinnerJeffDined on 10/27/2014Had a wonderful experience for an anniversary dinner. Great food, attentive but not intrusive staff, fantastic ambiance. Overall a wonderful restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently stellar!PattyDined on 10/26/2014This was our first visit to the new location. It is attractive and spacious. We visit Williamsburg about once a year and always include a visit to Le Yaca. We have never been disappointed. We can feel confident that our experience will be excellent every time! While it is not an inexpensive restaurant, we find the prices to be fair. It is good to find a nice bottle of wine for less than $50 and the dinner prices are not inflated. We feel we get our money's worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch @ Le YacabigwootayDined on 10/26/2014Another outstanding dining experience. Food was perfect. I would recommend the oysters, half raw and half cooked. They are served with different sauces, elegant yet simple, that perfectly compliment the oyster. Service as usual was excellent. Everyone I take with me is always pleased! Thanks for making my birthday brunch a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem in a strip mall!JFBIVDined on 10/25/2014we greatly enjoyed our dinner at Le Yaca. The snapper was excellent. The house wine was excellent and inexpensive. The staff were very nice. If we had more time we would have ordered the chef's tasting menu.Special Features:
- Le YacaSharonDined on 10/25/2014Went to Le Yaca this past Saturday night for a dinner for two in their new location. Very beautiful building inside and out. Service excellent and the food was outstanding. Would definitely recommend especially for adults. Best crab cake that I have ever had and being from Maryland and Virginia Beach that is quite a feat! Definitely will go again when in Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't know what to expectCMLaDined on 10/24/2014We were visiting the Williamsburg area and selected Le Yaca based on some internet reviews, so we really weren't sure what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised with a wonderful dining experience. Our dinner was amazing, our meals prepared to perfection with an attentive wait staff. We will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday - anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Food was excellent as always. We had the Belon oysters, salad and the red snapper. Walter's service was superb as usual. What a way to celebrate a birthday and an anniversary. All enjoyed the meal and ambiance. Le Yacca continues to be the best of Williamsburg.Special Features:
- First Time in a Local NotableraredatersDined on 10/24/2014Although we've lived in Williamsburg for 18 years and LeYaca has been here more than 30 years, we had never dined there. We reserved a table at an early hour on a Friday because we expected they would fill up. So we enjoyed quiet and fast service. Our waiter (Keith) was full of information about the restaurant from earlier days. The menu was diverse but we chose a new option which was a combination (choice of soup or salad, fish or meat combination platters and a dessert medley). It was excellent. The wine list was complete and our choice excellent. We loved everything about Le Yaca and plan to return often--kicking ourselves for not trying it sooner.Special Features:
- Special Birthday for Wife...EscapetoWilliamsburgDined on 10/23/2014Couple each from Austin, San Antonio and southern California... The youngest of the sisters turned 60 that night. We had great food and great service in a beautiful building! The Lamb special was hanging above the brick oven. As we walked in the front door he was preparing the lamb chop/leg of lamb combo. The bisque was delicious, everyone enjoyed their entrees, and although most shared Grand Marnier souffles I opted for the chocolate dessert after our server assured it was rich and dark. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dining ExperienceZoraDined on 10/23/2014Although we had visited Williamsburg many times, we had never dined at Le Yaca. Research before our trip prompted me to make reservations and we were not disappointed. The service was friendly and outstanding from the second we entered until we left. Our server, Keith, was knowledgable and very attentive. His wine recommendation was spot on. Lamb cooked to requested temperature over a wood fire was a special for the evening. It is the best lamb I have ever had...seasoned and cooked perfectly. The soufflé to end the evening was cooked to perfection and was delicious. The restaurant is decorated beautifully. Le Yaca is one of the best restaurants we have experienced and we intend to dine there whenever we return to Williamsburg.Special Features:
- LeYacaJodyG37Dined on 10/23/2014On our last evening of our week-long vacation in Colonial Williamsburg with our friends, we ate for the first time, at LeYaca. The wine selection was extensive, featuring several options either by the glass, carafe or bottle, a wonderful array of food selections and, most appreciated, a three-course dinner option that we four all decided to choose. Everything was exceptionally wonderful! The service was excellent without being obsequious, and our evening closed with a most enjoyable addition to our vacation with this meal. We definitely will be back. LeYaca is perfect!Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014This was our first visit to the new location. Everything was great!Special Features:
- Good ServicesuluDined on 10/22/2014Our waitress was friendly and very personable--as was everyone else providing service to our table. The food was excellent, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemfoodgloriousfoodDined on 10/20/2014Located in a shopping center. No advertisement in the local "tourist rags". So one would think not too appealing. Wrong! The restaurant has a typically upscale French ambiance: eclectic and yet with a rustic take. Fireplace for the spit on Thursday, professionally set tables etc. Service was very good, had the waiter given me the cork upon opening of the wine bottle, I would have given "impeccable". We chose the 3 course menu prix fixe: Salad left a bit to be desired as to creativity; the entrees universally considered excellent. Dessert delicious. Wine list very good and reasonable prices, particularly the French wines. Overall a great experience. Recommend to any foodie visiting the Williamsburg area.Special Features:
- Great FindyummmeDined on 10/20/2014Wonderful little restaurant we found a few years back. Great lunch menu at reasonable prices. Great tasting food that you can't find else where in Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Williamsburgkml23185VIPDined on 10/19/2014We took 1 out of staters to our favorite restaurant. Everyone enjoyed all aspects of their meal.Special Features:
- Even Better NowumvintnerDined on 10/18/2014For the last several years, my wife and I have dined at Le Yaca each time we have vacationed in Williamsburg. The food has always been excellent, the service superb, and the price very reasonable for a meal of such quality. Now, the restaurant has moved into a new, spacious building, so our experience was even better! I regularly recommend this restaurant to all my friends visiting the Williamsburg area.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServicedrfreedDined on 10/18/2014Le Yaca has a warm atmosphere with very attentive servers. The flavors of the fare served were well wedded. Portions are ample in the traditional French style where the prix fixe menu is a good entrer to this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous MealFrequentBoathousepatronDined on 10/17/2014One of the best meals I have had in a long time, and the price for the three-course dinner is incredibly reasonable for big portions. They also offer affordable wine options. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014Le Yaca continues to be our very favorite restaurant in Williamsburg. We love their new location. The decor is beautiful, our cosmos at the bar were perfect, our very romantic and quiet dining room was just what we wished for, the service was outstanding, and all three courses were exceptional. My husband and I will continue to seek a restaurant that we enjoy as much as yours in the Boston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest Friday luncheon!JordanVIPDined on 10/17/2014Five of my favorites at my favorite lunch spot! Best meal in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious AmbienceJA14Dined on 10/16/2014Had lunch here two months ago when we were looking at buying a house. Have just moved here and wanted to try dinner. We were seated promptly, the specials sounded scrumptious but we stayed with the normal menu and the service and food were excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!AnneVIPDined on 10/16/2014Best restaurant in Virginia! We can't believe it is in Williamaburg-the lamb is amazing. I want to try coming back for Thanksgiving some time. It is one of top restaurants in the counyrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in WilliamsburgRek96VIPDined on 10/15/2014Was pleased to find this place. Good meal- beautiful setting- only negative complaint was that the waiter convinced us to order a meal grilled instead of poached- which the kitchen messed up. The waiter then tried to take his plate and cut half of the salmon off of his plate to go back and grill it..very awkward to be reaching onto his plate and cutting the food after he had started eating it. Just bring out a new one...He was very nice and very attentive though. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- garkatGarkatDined on 10/14/2014Our first time at Le Yaca - discovered only because of the new location. A very enjoyable experience all around. We were seated away from the center of the room as requested in our reservation. Very attentive service. Waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided helpful guidance. Food was excellent overall. Crepe with lump crab meat to start was excellent as was the squash soup - just right not too heavy. Main course veal scaloppini very nicely done. The only disappointment was the main course Dover sole which was a bit dry and not as sweet as expected. Apple tart for dessert put just the right finish on the meal. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Unexpectedlhj47Dined on 10/14/2014First visit to Williamsburg and Le Yaca! Our hosts had heard good things about Le Yaca so we decided to take them there. Lovely atmosphere, excellent waitstaff and delicious food. We will certainly eat at Le Yaca again if we ever visit Williamsburg again.Special Features:
- Chaz1ckDined on 10/14/2014Food and service was exceptional. We ordered from the prefix menu and selection was a great variety of beef, veal, chicken fish, etc. All of the courses were great examples of presentation of food. Sstablishment was so good that we made reservations to go back two days later. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Bill4foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014Le Yaca is a rare find in rare location in situated independently in shopping mall. The facilities are exceptional in design, space, noise level, trained staff, and above all outstanding French food. Prix fix dinner for $37 not including tax, tip and beverage. Still a bargain for exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnoliaDined on 10/13/2014Le Yaca has never disappointed me! I brought my sister and mother here for lunch. The waiter was so gracious and observant to our needs. The food was spectacular. We all had the crepe de crab. So rich and full of lump crab meat. The dessert was a rich chocolate cake with ice cream. Delicious! We will definitely go back next time my sister is in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dinnerDinner4usDined on 10/12/2014Lovely new building, with great decor. Guitarist next to fireplace made for a charming cozier dining room. Food and service is absolutely 5 star. We had a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11 on 10 pt scaleZyxyDined on 10/12/2014The steak was tough, the soup was watery and the coffee tast just like mud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion dinnerbtbmd49Dined on 10/11/2014Very friendly and effective server. House red wine was well received by the ladies. Raves for all the soups. Everyone found entrees very satisfying, especially the steaks and fish. My wife and I had dined at the old location and our friends were delighted with the experience. The new location is more accessible and offers a very attractive dining setting.Special Features:
- TheBEAV2014Dined on 10/10/2014Absolutely wonderful food. So glad we took the recommendation from our friends to try Le Yaca. We will definitely return when we are in Williamsburg.Special Features:
- BellifontaineDined on 10/10/2014First class food and service. My visiting relatives from France were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an dining experiencetrynsumthinnewDined on 10/9/2014The experience was wonderful over all. My whole family really enjoyed trying new things off of the menu and loved practically everything we put in our mouth. The bottle of wine we shared was impeccable as well. I was just disappointed to spend that amount of money on a dinner when I was not provided with the service one would expect from a place like this.Special Features:
- NC Business TravelerDavidVIPDined on 10/9/2014I travel for a living and love great dining. Found this gem a year ago and cannot get enough. Classic french dining with incredibly good pricing. IMHO the best value in the country for truly great french dining...and the absolute best value anywhere for the 3 course lunch or dinner specials. The ambiance wreaks of fine dining and romance. But I have eaten there often alone and enjoy the atmosphere and great service (ask for Minh) ...this place should not be missed! I would put this and the Fat Canary in the top 5 restaurants in NC VA and DC... and no one even close in value. KudosSpecial Features:
- Very PleasantRandy740Dined on 10/7/2014We went for our 41st anniversary. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere. Service was first class. When I made my reservation I mentioned it was our anniversary. They decorated our deserts with a chocolate " HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" They also gave of 2 glasses of champagne to help us celebrate the occasion. Most important, the food was greatSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceJeanetteDined on 10/7/2014this is one of our favorite places to eat. It is always a wonderful experience and has never let us down.Special Features:
- Amazing!lovetoeat8Dined on 10/5/2014New York dining in Williamsburg. The halibut was sweet, fresh, melt in your mouth delicious. My husbands lamb was so tender you could cut it with a fork and super tasty. He sauces were so good and complimented the food so well that they enhanced by adding a layer of flavor rather than masking the entre. The creme brûlée was the perfect ending to an amazing meal. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hitRVABystanderDined on 10/5/2014Went here for a night out at the end of the weekend. The staff was friendly, well informed, and attentive. The menu is quite good, but my wife did not enjoy her lentils as much as I did. Still a good meal with a nice wine, even if it is on the pricier side of the ledger. But I think it was worth it over all and we will certainly be back.Special Features: