1430 High Street Suite 801
Williamsburg, VA 23188Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.leyacawilliamsburg.com/
- Phone: (757) 220-3616
- Hours of Operation:
Seven days a week: 11AM - 10PM daily
Lunch menu 11AM - 3PM
Bar menu 3PM - 10PM
Dinner menu 5PM - 10PM
Coffee, tea, and pastry menu 11AM - 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Daniel Yves Abid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For Parties that would like outside catering please contact Jackie Chutter at Virginia Escape 757-229-1161 ext 10, or 1-800-992-1656; e-mail email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that fits up to 50 and three smaller rooms that can accommodate up to 20. For the larger room we ask that you have a group menu. For groups over 15 we ask that you have a set menu which can be from or group menu or from the Dinner menu it will increase your dining enjoyment at Le Yaca French Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Joy Anderson-Abid 7578698255x
A word from Le Yaca
Le Yaca began in a tiny, country village(Courchevel)in the French Alps in 1964.Daniele Bourderau & Gerard decided that it would be fun to open a small restaurant. When friends learned of their plans they told the hopeful restaurateurs that they were crazy to think that people would drive 8 kilometers on a winding, icy road for dinner.Daniele and Gerard hesitated for 3 months and then decided: “yaca le faire,” a contraction of the French phrase “ il n’y a qu’a le faire” which basically means “let’s do it.” They called the restaurant Le Yaca as a gag. But the name caught on with customers, who were amused by the pun and contributed to the restaurant’s lore by inventing “yaca-isms ” of their own: yaca y aller (let’s go). Daniele came to the United States & opened Le Yaca in Williamsburg.Daniel Abid bought le Yaca in 2001. Daniel worked and trained in such prestigious places as “Le Pre Catelan” and “Lenotre” in Paris; “L’Amandier” and “Roger Verge" and to top it all off “Alain Ducasse.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Yaca - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Le Yaca reviews from OpenTable diners
323 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (269)fit for foodies (211)romantic (201)notable wine list (133)neighborhood gem (103)great for lunch (85)good for groups (70)great for brunch (51)great for outdoor dining (50)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014We were visiting Colonial Williamsburg with some friends. We did the usual colonial dinner in the village, but wanted something more "upscale" and quiet. This was the perfect spot! Our waiter, Lou was just wonderful and very attentive. The food was just perfect! A real must do if you want quiet, elegant, supurb dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2014For my son's 14th birthday, he asked to go to Le Yaca because we have had many wonderful meals there before. However, this one was a sad exception. We arrived before our reservation but the restaurant was not crowded. It was a Sunday evening and well before the dinner rush. We were assured that our early arrival was not going to be an issue. The main dining room was warm and had live music and a vibrant scene. However, my family was placed in the front room on our own and received some of the most slipshod service I have ever experienced in a restaurant of this caliber. Madame was lovely in outlining the specials and was quite welcoming. Our waiter poured our water and then did not return to get drink orders for a good ten minutes. I even looked back at the hostess with a pleading look to indicate that we had been left alone for far too long. When our appetizers arrived, the drinks arrived five minutes afterwards. Typically, drinks should arrive before the appetizers. Three of us had dessert and you would have thought that we would have been asked if we wanted coffee or cappuccino with dessert, which the non-dessert person wanted. This was not asked until the dessert was served. Desserts were also served without utensils which came a few minutes later. This was definitely an anomaly because we usually have had a good experience at Le Yaca. It is just a shame that it happened for my son's birthday. He was very disappointed. The reason people come to Le Yaca is it is an experience. The food was great as usual, but the experience was poor on this occasion. We live in the Norfolk area and drove up specifically to dine there and I am not certain we will make the trip again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11/22/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Food was sub-par. Vibe was not very welcoming. Waiter was very helpful however the food choices were very limited and not very french like. Would not return.Special Features:
- Dinner at Le YacaZouzouDined on 11/22/2014This restaurant had been recommended by a friend. All in all, food was good, but not outstanding as expected. Service was fairly good despite the fact that the main dish was brought to the table as the starter was not finished and had thus to be sent back ; which is not acceptable in such a place. Further, the noise level was far too high, but this was due to a large table with people talking and laughing in a very loud way. However, a change of table was proposed, but declined, given the fact that the dinner was already ongoing. To sum it up, an average impression, given the price. Another visit may then be envisaged, to disconfirm or confirm it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014Never had french food before. Me and the wife took a chance for anniversary and we are glad we did. I had heard it was pricey but after eating there I find the value to be spot on. The waiter gave us small glasses if champain on the house and little chocolate happy anniversary ribbons on our deserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Williamsburg's best restaurant!SkyKingDined on 11/22/2014On Saturday evening, 22 October 2014, our group of four lucked out with a quiet corner table at the new High Street location where we could see the fireplace. The server was very prompt and attentive and we never needed to summon her. We all ordered the $37 three-course specials. The gentlemen ordered the Terre et Mer, pepper crusted beef tenderloin, deglazed with Cognac and demi-glace, and homemade jumbo lump crab cake with sauce “Beurre Blanc”. The tenderloin was prepared perfectly over sliced potatoes; the crab cake (the best I have eaten anywhere) was served over the best spinach I have ever tasted. The ladies both ordered the combination of a pepper crusted beef tenderloin, deglazed with Cognac and demi-glace, and a grilled beef tenderloin, blue cheese and port wine cream sauce. The French onion soup is an absolute must. It is a house specialty and you will not find a better bowl of soup anywhere! Canoe Ridge "The Expedition" cabernet sauvignon was the perfect wine pairing for all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNovelerDined on 11/21/2014Entrees were the best I've had in a long time. Salad was fresh, but nothing really special. Service is excellent. The three course dinner is the way to go. I"ll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014Something must have changed with the management because the service is a lot better now that they are at their new location. The last time my husband and I were at Le Yaca for dinner during our anniversary, the hostess gave us a menu to share between the two of us, stating that there were not enough menus left. Yet, less than a 60 seconds later, the couple sitted after us, had individual menus to use. I didn't think it was a big deal but my husband, who was paying for dinner, was touchy about it. He didn't think it was good service. So, we left. We ended up having a remarkable, time at another restaurant - food, wine, ambiance and service was perfect. There was only one hitch, my mind was expecting french food that evening instead of steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Noise level very loud - high ceilings; service was excellent; surprisingly, the food for which we chose Le Yaca for dinner was only fair: salad excellent; but main course not very good.
- Great choices on two fixed-price menusMoveableFeasterVIPDined on 11/18/2014This is a fine French restaurant with excellent food and service. It was recommended to me as the best restaurant in Williamsburg, Va. – a town with many fine restaurants. Hence, I assumed it was expensive. And, it can be. But two of three of us ordered from fixed-price menus: one for $30 and another for $37. Both offered several tempting choices of soup/salad, entrée, and dessert. The Birthday Girl ordered a la carte. We were all very happy with our choices. I particularly liked my well-crafted cocktails – and was intrigued by the French onion soup as a puree, something I’ve never experienced before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Yaca is one of the best French RestaurantstommicheleDined on 11/15/2014The food is always top notch and the service could not be better. We come here for many a special occasions and have always left satisfied. A little pricey, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat, great for special occasionsHottownDined on 11/14/2014The atmosphere is very elegant and the table is set impeccably. Within minutes the owner came to our table and suggested items from the menu. Choosing wine was easy with all the information on an iPad. The waitress was extremely helpful in suggesting combinations in order to save money. For instance ordering two carafes of wine gives you more wine than ordering a bottle of the same type of wine and it is cheaper. The waitress also was able to make substitutions for us. The presentation of the food was beautiful and the portions were just right. The only thing I did not care for was the lemon dessert. Our bill for four people was $210 before tip. We had at least three carafes of wine and a couple of beers some of us had ordered lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first time after all these years.WeWILLbebackDined on 11/13/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The restaurant was recommended by a server at another restaurant--at brunch--who was very knowledgeable about the Williamsburg dining scene. Very nice atmosphere, very friendly and professional staff. We felt very comfortable there. Although we always try new restaurants while visiting W-burg, we'll definitely return to Le Yaca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional DiningluvLeyacaDined on 11/11/2014Le Yaca is an outstanding restaurant in souteast Virginia. We had the crab crepe (full of crab meat) and the french onion soup which was outstanding. all in all an excellent experience as usual in this place.Special Features:
- Same great food in new location....MJRinOHVIPDined on 11/10/2014Le Yaca continues to please in the new location. The front room can be quite crowded, with servers having to wait by your table for others to pass, but the service is impeccable and the food is outstanding as usual. The prixe fixe menu is a true bargain - with the $30 Fall Menu or the Classic $37 Menu for three courses, these are not the bargain basement style menu, these are full entrees with great starter and desserts. We will continue to recommend Le Yaca to our friends and will continue to enjoy the truly great food. Bon Appétit!Special Features:
- LovelyBouley06Dined on 11/10/2014Excellent food and service. This was my first time visiting but I know I will become a regular...!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at new locationDandAVIPDined on 11/9/2014First time that we ate at the new location. Very beautiful; sophisticated décor; great guitar player. Appreciated a visit from Madame to explain the menu. Waitress Brianna was efficient and cordial. She assisted us with a wine mistake and we are grateful. We opted for the $37 menu. Recommend: very tasty pureed French Onion Soup; filets of beef with 2 sauces-amazing blue cheese sauce; veal with cream sauce-perfectly cooked; decadent flourless chocolate cake. Had to take the special apple tart home to enjoyed on another day. We wish the restaurant all the best in the new location! Our only disappointment was our seating...small table in the room access area....plenty of other tables were available.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner26amazingyearsDined on 11/9/2014We visited Williamsburg this past weekend for our anniversary. We normally go to an excellent French restuarant in Northern Virginia and when we read the reviews for Le Yaca, we thought let's try it. It was a wonderful experience and the food was delicious. More modern than the place we normally go, but a delight. We would highly recommend Le Yaca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance in keyShayDined on 11/8/2014One of the best 3 course meals I've ever had! The staff was friendly, the ambiance was beautiful, and it was very romantic. The food was simply amazing! I would definitely recommend this restaurant! My boyfriend is currently working in Williamsburg, VA. An employee at The Colonial Williamsburg Spa recommended this restaurant to me, and said it was one of her favorites. I hope to return if I have time to visit again. The perfect romantic evening!Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 11/8/2014Our new favorite restaurant in Williamsburg. The food is outstanding the service is wonderful and the bar is nice. Second trip to the restaurant and it was just as good as the first. Consistent in all respects.Special Features:
- Our first visit to Le YacaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014We've lived in Williamsburg for several years, but we never visited Le Yaca. It was my husband's birthday and he recently received a promotion at work, so we decided to visit Le Yaca for our celebration. We had heard so many good things about Le Yaca and we found they were true. Our meal was absolutely delicious, the restaurant was lovely, the wait staff took very good care of us -- we had a lovely celebration and we thank Le Yaca. We plan to return regularly. : )Special Features:
- Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Excellent Food and Service. Great for special occasions!Special Features:
- DisappointingFrancophilesDined on 11/7/2014Have been there many times over the years. Was always a gem. Still love the staff and Madame. But now the food was way over seasoned with black pepper and some flavors this foodie couldn't even recognize. Wonderful old favorite dishes are changed for the worse since they moved from Kings Mill area to Richmond Rd. area. Also needs some sound proofing. Very loud. Will try it one more time as I'd hate to lose it from my list of never miss restaurants.Special Features:
- Finest dining on the peninsulaJupiterjazzerDined on 11/7/2014Great selection of entrees and drinks. The atmosphere is very comfortable and clean. The owner always comes around to list the specials, and the service is always top notch, from the hostess to the bus boy. A bit pricey for a random day, but perfect for special occasions. My number one choice on the peninsula for dinner. Bon appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Successful MovedaisydinerDined on 11/7/2014This was my first venture to the new Le Yaca since their move to High Street. It was perfect and I look forward to my next visit....lamb roasted in the fireplace on Thursday nights!!!! Make sure to do reservation...even for lunch....restaurant was packed.Special Features:
- Lunch at Le YacaBonnieDined on 11/6/2014Le Yaca NEVERTHELESS disappoints. My Norfolk friend thought it was divine!Special Features:
- Excellent classic Franch cuisineItalioanoDined on 11/5/2014My husband and I agreed this was one of the best meals we have ever had. There were many items on the menu we would have liked and it was difficult to choose. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- great nightlovetoeatawayfromhomeDined on 11/5/2014Willingness to change our time of reservation ws most appreciated. Ipad for ordering drinks was daunting to senior citizens but our server was most helpful. We wish that we lived closer to enjoy this fine restaurant more often.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerPAwineandFoodiesDined on 11/2/2014My wife and I wanted a special place for our 23rd anniversary and Le Yaca was the perfect match. We loved the story behind Le Yaca and we are big foodies and French wine lovers so this was a no-brainer. They placed us in one of their secluded rooms which had a beautiful wine display on the wall. Our server was very attentive but never intrusive. Danielle visited our table when we arrived and was a delight. She sold us on the oyster appetizer and we were hooked. From there, we chose the 3-course $37 dinner and it was a great value! My wife had the veal and I went with the Terre et Mer. Superb! The wine list was full of gems at great prices! By far our best dining experience, and one to be remembered for a long time to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful eveningHistoryLoverVIPDined on 11/2/2014Le Yaca delivers a fine evening, with delicious food, particularly seafood, in a quiet & sophisticated setting. The Salon is especially nice if celebrating a special,occasion. Food is served expertly, & the preparation is pristine. This is a must venue for a sedate & memorable evening.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentDinahDined on 11/2/2014Every experience I've ever had at LeYaca has been wonderful. The decor is lovely, the food superb, the wait staff exceptional, and the pleasure of hearing the specials from Madame is worth the trip. We go for special occasions, with special friends, and take out-of-town guests. It's always a hit.Special Features:
- AngelVIPDined on 11/2/2014We enjoy returning every year for my husband's birthday. Always a creative and delicious menu, including multi-course fixed price choices. French cuisine at its best. Never disappoints. We love your new location. See you next year!Special Features:
- They are one of the best in VAOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Saturday evening was a special night - our 51st Anniversary. Choosing Le Yaca to enjoy a fine dinner and celebrate was a great decision. The food was excellent, the service was fine, and the atmosphere completed the night. Wonderful dining, fine options for wine, and not priced out of sight.Special Features:
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014This was our first time at the restaurant, the food, ambiance was outstanding. We will come back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoriteSBS50Dined on 11/1/2014Le Yaca has been one of my favorite restaurants for a long time. I'm still trying to warm up to their new location - they have done much to preserve the warmth and charm of their old facility, including a roaring fire in the entry way hearth on a recent, rainy day visit. During the day however, the view of the parking lot isn't quite as good as the previous one. At night, this wouldn't be an issue. Thankfully, the food and service remain outstanding and an excellent value especially at lunch.Special Features:
- Service has slowedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Service was pretty slow. From receiving water to having the waiter pick up the check, every step was slower than it should have been.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotcduruDined on 10/31/2014Food was wonderful. Service was exceptional. Beautiful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French RestaurantGregoryVIPDined on 10/31/2014Always great .... Best French food in USA and France.Special Features:
- loyaldinerDined on 10/31/2014Having dined at the old location for many years the new location lacks the warmth, atmosphere of the old location - it is pretty but just another BIG modern restaurant in any shopping mall USA. A big modern bar area, noisy and trying to be "plugged in" or"wired by presenting the wine list on an electronic tablet. What happened to the French ambiance - waiter was exceptional but the "hostess" did not visit the tables as the former Madame always did. Sorry to see this happening afraid it will become just another "upscale" restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French gem in the heart of VirginiaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014The best French authentic experience we had in our 14 years in the USA. Your staff is well trained, your food exquisite and the ambience highly recommended for special occasions such as anniversaries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.