1430 High Street Suite 801
Williamsburg, VA 23188Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.leyacawilliamsburg.com/
- Phone: 7572203616x
- Hours of Operation:
Seven days a week: 11AM - 10PM daily
Lunch menu 11AM - 3PM
Bar menu 3PM - 10PM
Dinner menu 5PM - 10PM
Coffee, tea, and pastry menu 11AM - 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Daniel Yves Abid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For Parties that would like outside catering please contact Jackie Chutter at Virginia Escape 757-229-1161 ext 10, or 1-800-992-1656; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that fits up to 50 and three smaller rooms that can accommodate up to 20. For the larger room we ask that you have a group menu. For groups over 15 we ask that you have a set menu which can be from or group menu or from the Dinner menu it will increase your dining enjoyment at Le Yaca French Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Joy Anderson-Abid 7578698255x
A word from Le Yaca
Le Yaca began in a tiny, country village(Courchevel)in the French Alps in 1964.Daniele Bourderau & Gerard decided that it would be fun to open a small restaurant. When friends learned of their plans they told the hopeful restaurateurs that they were crazy to think that people would drive 8 kilometers on a winding, icy road for dinner.Daniele and Gerard hesitated for 3 months and then decided: “yaca le faire,” a contraction of the French phrase “ il n’y a qu’a le faire” which basically means “let’s do it.” They called the restaurant Le Yaca as a gag. But the name caught on with customers, who were amused by the pun and contributed to the restaurant’s lore by inventing “yaca-isms ” of their own: yaca y aller (let’s go). Daniele came to the United States & opened Le Yaca in Williamsburg.Daniel Abid bought le Yaca in 2001. Daniel worked and trained in such prestigious places as “Le Pre Catelan” and “Lenotre” in Paris; “L’Amandier” and “Roger Verge" and to top it all off “Alain Ducasse.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Yaca - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Le Yaca reviews from OpenTable diners
318 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (268)romantic (210)fit for foodies (197)notable wine list (127)neighborhood gem (119)great for lunch (93)good for groups (70)great for outdoor dining (64)great for brunch (62)hot spot (20)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best in Williamsburgkml23185VIPDined on 10/19/2014We took 1 out of staters to our favorite restaurant. Everyone enjoyed all aspects of their meal.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Le Yaca has a warm atmosphere with very attentive servers. The flavors of the fare served were well wedded. Portions are ample in the traditional French style where the prix fixe menu is a good entrer to this gem of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous MealFrequentBoathousepatronDined on 10/17/2014One of the best meals I have had in a long time, and the price for the three-course dinner is incredibly reasonable for big portions. They also offer affordable wine options. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest Friday luncheon!JordanVIPDined on 10/17/2014Five of my favorites at my favorite lunch spot! Best meal in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gracious AmbienceJA14Dined on 10/16/2014Had lunch here two months ago when we were looking at buying a house. Have just moved here and wanted to try dinner. We were seated promptly, the specials sounded scrumptious but we stayed with the normal menu and the service and food were excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!!AnneVIPDined on 10/16/2014Best restaurant in Virginia! We can't believe it is in Williamaburg-the lamb is amazing. I want to try coming back for Thanksgiving some time. It is one of top restaurants in the counyrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in WilliamsburgRek96VIPDined on 10/15/2014Was pleased to find this place. Good meal- beautiful setting- only negative complaint was that the waiter convinced us to order a meal grilled instead of poached- which the kitchen messed up. The waiter then tried to take his plate and cut half of the salmon off of his plate to go back and grill it..very awkward to be reaching onto his plate and cutting the food after he had started eating it. Just bring out a new one...He was very nice and very attentive though. Overall good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- garkatGarkatDined on 10/14/2014Our first time at Le Yaca - discovered only because of the new location. A very enjoyable experience all around. We were seated away from the center of the room as requested in our reservation. Very attentive service. Waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided helpful guidance. Food was excellent overall. Crepe with lump crab meat to start was excellent as was the squash soup - just right not too heavy. Main course veal scaloppini very nicely done. The only disappointment was the main course Dover sole which was a bit dry and not as sweet as expected. Apple tart for dessert put just the right finish on the meal. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Unexpectedlhj47Dined on 10/14/2014First visit to Williamsburg and Le Yaca! Our hosts had heard good things about Le Yaca so we decided to take them there. Lovely atmosphere, excellent waitstaff and delicious food. We will certainly eat at Le Yaca again if we ever visit Williamsburg again.Special Features:
- Chaz1ckDined on 10/14/2014Food and service was exceptional. We ordered from the prefix menu and selection was a great variety of beef, veal, chicken fish, etc. All of the courses were great examples of presentation of food. Sstablishment was so good that we made reservations to go back two days later. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Bill4foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014Le Yaca is a rare find in rare location in situated independently in shopping mall. The facilities are exceptional in design, space, noise level, trained staff, and above all outstanding French food. Prix fix dinner for $37 not including tax, tip and beverage. Still a bargain for exceptional food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnoliaDined on 10/13/2014Le Yaca has never disappointed me! I brought my sister and mother here for lunch. The waiter was so gracious and observant to our needs. The food was spectacular. We all had the crepe de crab. So rich and full of lump crab meat. The dessert was a rich chocolate cake with ice cream. Delicious! We will definitely go back next time my sister is in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dinnerDinner4usDined on 10/12/2014Lovely new building, with great decor. Guitarist next to fireplace made for a charming cozier dining room. Food and service is absolutely 5 star. We had a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11 on 10 pt scaleZyxyDined on 10/12/2014The steak was tough, the soup was watery and the coffee tast just like mud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion dinnerbtbmd49Dined on 10/11/2014Very friendly and effective server. House red wine was well received by the ladies. Raves for all the soups. Everyone found entrees very satisfying, especially the steaks and fish. My wife and I had dined at the old location and our friends were delighted with the experience. The new location is more accessible and offers a very attractive dining setting.Special Features:
- TheBEAV2014Dined on 10/10/2014Absolutely wonderful food. So glad we took the recommendation from our friends to try Le Yaca. We will definitely return when we are in Williamsburg.Special Features:
- BellifontaineDined on 10/10/2014First class food and service. My visiting relatives from France were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for an dining experiencetrynsumthinnewDined on 10/9/2014The experience was wonderful over all. My whole family really enjoyed trying new things off of the menu and loved practically everything we put in our mouth. The bottle of wine we shared was impeccable as well. I was just disappointed to spend that amount of money on a dinner when I was not provided with the service one would expect from a place like this.Special Features:
- NC Business TravelerDavidVIPDined on 10/9/2014I travel for a living and love great dining. Found this gem a year ago and cannot get enough. Classic french dining with incredibly good pricing. IMHO the best value in the country for truly great french dining...and the absolute best value anywhere for the 3 course lunch or dinner specials. The ambiance wreaks of fine dining and romance. But I have eaten there often alone and enjoy the atmosphere and great service (ask for Minh) ...this place should not be missed! I would put this and the Fat Canary in the top 5 restaurants in NC VA and DC... and no one even close in value. KudosSpecial Features:
- Very PleasantRandy740Dined on 10/7/2014We went for our 41st anniversary. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere. Service was first class. When I made my reservation I mentioned it was our anniversary. They decorated our deserts with a chocolate " HAPPY ANNIVERSARY" They also gave of 2 glasses of champagne to help us celebrate the occasion. Most important, the food was greatSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceJeanetteDined on 10/7/2014this is one of our favorite places to eat. It is always a wonderful experience and has never let us down.Special Features:
- Amazing!lovetoeat8Dined on 10/5/2014New York dining in Williamsburg. The halibut was sweet, fresh, melt in your mouth delicious. My husbands lamb was so tender you could cut it with a fork and super tasty. He sauces were so good and complimented the food so well that they enhanced by adding a layer of flavor rather than masking the entre. The creme brûlée was the perfect ending to an amazing meal. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hitRVABystanderDined on 10/5/2014Went here for a night out at the end of the weekend. The staff was friendly, well informed, and attentive. The menu is quite good, but my wife did not enjoy her lentils as much as I did. Still a good meal with a nice wine, even if it is on the pricier side of the ledger. But I think it was worth it over all and we will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Le YacaLawshillDined on 10/5/2014We stayed an extra night in Williamsburg to be able to go to Le Yaca without grandchildren. It is my most favorite, if you can't be in France then get to Le Yaca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of a kindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Excellent food and service! It was the food and service art in action.Special Features:
- kermitkermitVIPDined on 10/5/2014The new place is fabulous, and the food is always outstanding. We have never had bad food or service. Since we live in Richmond, we can't get there as often as we would like. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too few Vegetarian ChoicesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014The service was poor. I also indicated on the reservation that I was celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary. What did La Yaca do with that information? Nothing.
- Our Favorite!CwadeLDined on 10/3/2014Le Yaca is simply amazing. While my wife and I have a short list of favorite restaurants in Hampton Roads that we love, none is more consistent than Le Yaca for providing delicious food, impeccable service and a memorable night.Special Features:
- France in WilliamburgDanthemanDined on 10/2/2014Rich food. Excellent wine list. Great ambiance. The lamb course is a must along with a bottle of Pommard Pinot! The owner, French, made our group of 8 feel very comfortable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/2/2014We so enjoyed our night out at La Yaca....excellent service and good meal.Special Features:
- Book it now!JordanVIPDined on 10/2/2014Always a great place to entertain clients, a friend or a special someone! Cuisine on a 1-10 is a 20! Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv4steakDined on 10/1/2014Food was well prepared and presented,decor was wonderful and soothing,waitress was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Le Yaca = greatDReeseDined on 9/29/2014A great stand by for me and my wife for special occasions. New location is terrific. Great food and service as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Always wonderfultuwiDined on 9/28/2014Eating at le Yaca is always a wonderful experience. It is the best restaurant in town. The onion soup is out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every course is a 10!Joe555Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent in every way. Each course from the menus is exceptional. Visits from the restaurant creator makes you feel like their special guest.Special Features:
- La YacaEllenDined on 9/28/2014Went to La Yaca with friends early on a Sunday evening. The restaurant is beautiful and the food is wonderful. Our server was very helpful and professional. All four of us enjoyed our meals and plan to return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite place for brunch!gmertVIPDined on 9/28/2014This year it was her sweet 16 birthday and she wanted to go no where else but le yaca! She loves the fillet with mustard sauce--and orders it every time. The servers really enjoy indulging their clients. The fish is always fresh and prepared perfectly...it's never dry. It was a memorable brunch for all of us.Special Features:
- French foodEleganceDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and atmosphere for a celebratory meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opus 9 is Hit!!!LynnDined on 9/26/2014While entertaining out of town guests, Opus 9 is the place to go!!! The new location is easy to find, and the indoor or out door dining areas are terrific! The food impressed my guest, and I always love it. We were disappointed in our service; although the restaurant was not crowded, our server was very slow! Even the poor service did not distract from the marvelous food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GReat food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This was a true dining experience. Starting with the digital wine and drink list, through a creative and flexible menu, the introduction was very good. Our waiter was exceptional, knowledgeable, friendly and generally made this a fun experience. then came the food, and each meal was exceptional in taste and presentation. Finally, the deserts were eye closing humming experiences. Love this place and will go back if ever in Williamsburg again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.