1430 High Street Suite 801
Williamsburg, VA 23188Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.leyacawilliamsburg.com/
- Phone: 7572203616
- Hours of Operation:
Seven days a week: Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Daniel Yves Abid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For Parties that would like outside catering please contact Jackie Chutter at Virginia Escape 757-229-1161 ext 10, or 1-800-992-1656; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that fits up to 50 and three smaller rooms that can accommodate up to 20. For the larger room we ask that you have a group menu. For groups over 15 we ask that you have a set menu which can be from or group menu or from the Dinner menu it will increase your dining enjoyment at Le Yaca French Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Joy Anderson-Abid 7578698255
A word from Le Yaca
Le Yaca began in a tiny, country village(Courchevel)in the French Alps in 1964.Daniele Bourderau & Gerard decided that it would be fun to open a small restaurant. When friends learned of their plans they told the hopeful restaurateurs that they were crazy to think that people would drive 8 kilometers on a winding, icy road for dinner.Daniele and Gerard hesitated for 3 months and then decided: “yaca le faire,” a contraction of the French phrase “ il n’y a qu’a le faire” which basically means “let’s do it.” They called the restaurant Le Yaca as a gag. But the name caught on with customers, who were amused by the pun and contributed to the restaurant’s lore by inventing “yaca-isms ” of their own: yaca y aller (let’s go). Daniele came to the United States & opened Le Yaca in Williamsburg.Daniel Abid bought le Yaca in 2001. Daniel worked and trained in such prestigious places as “Le Pre Catelan” and “Lenotre” in Paris; “L’Amandier” and “Roger Verge" and to top it all off “Alain Ducasse.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Yaca - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Le Yaca reviews from OpenTable diners
332 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (271)romantic (214)fit for foodies (188)notable wine list (121)great for lunch (116)neighborhood gem (114)great for brunch (73)good for groups (71)great for outdoor dining (66)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (1)Show More
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014Eating at le Yaca is always a wonderful experience. It is the best restaurant in town. The onion soup is out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every course is a 10!Joe555Dined on 9/28/2014Excellent in every way. Each course from the menus is exceptional. Visits from the restaurant creator makes you feel like their special guest.Special Features:
- French foodEleganceDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and atmosphere for a celebratory meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opus 9 is Hit!!!LynnDined on 9/26/2014While entertaining out of town guests, Opus 9 is the place to go!!! The new location is easy to find, and the indoor or out door dining areas are terrific! The food impressed my guest, and I always love it. We were disappointed in our service; although the restaurant was not crowded, our server was very slow! Even the poor service did not distract from the marvelous food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GReat food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014This was a true dining experience. Starting with the digital wine and drink list, through a creative and flexible menu, the introduction was very good. Our waiter was exceptional, knowledgeable, friendly and generally made this a fun experience. then came the food, and each meal was exceptional in taste and presentation. Finally, the deserts were eye closing humming experiences. Love this place and will go back if ever in Williamsburg again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantleetaylor242Dined on 9/23/2014We have been coming to this restaurant for about 20 years. It has always been great........and has never disappointed us. The food, service and atmosphere are all terrific (the location recently changed and the new facility is even nicer than the old). The value is excellent. To us, it is clearly the best restaurant in town.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Only the second time we've eaten at Le Yaca and this time took friends with us that had not been there before. They loved it and we'll return from the Northern Neck to eat there again. Nice touch with the birth day candles in the men's desert. P.S. Our first experience with Le Yaca was in Le Pres?, France years ago while on a ski vacation. That was an experience unsurpassed to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gerryjudgementVIPDined on 9/21/2014We were very happy with our dinner. The restaurant has moved to new locations which are very elegant.Special Features:
- Le Yaca is still wonderfulAnnieEatsDined on 9/20/2014This was the second year in a row that my husband and I went to Le Yaca to celebrate my birthday. I was a little concerned, as it had moved to a new location, and the original owner has retired. The old location was nothing to look at from the outside, so the new setting in a more modern shopping center was fine. Inside was beautiful and classic, just like the old location. The food was wonderful. The tasting menu for $37 was a real deal, and I happily paid the upcharge for a Grand Marnier souffle. I loved being able to buy wine in a carafe, which was about two glasses, for slightly less than the price of two single glasses. All in all, a great way to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:
- SPECIAL OCCASION "GEM"SusanDined on 9/20/2014I wanted to host a "birthday" dinner for very special/long time friends. When planning, I was thinking of your lovely restaurant or the Williamsburg Inn. I'm DELIGHTED that I chose Le Yacca. It was everything I wanted--and MORE! Thank you for helping me celebrate a social birthday with friends!Special Features:
- Splendid!JRPMGPDined on 9/20/2014This place is Paris in Williamsburg! Excellent French cuisine, refined atmosphere and service... bon chic, bon genre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, always.aliceDined on 9/20/2014Le Yaca has been a favorite of mine for over 20 years, since I first discovered it. I drive many miles to spend an evening or lunch at Le Yaca, and I has been worth every penny. I love the new location with its higher ceilings and brighter ambiance. Thanks to the wonderful staff for consistent and attentive services. I'm grateful for all the fish and shellfish options, each artfully prepared. The prix fixe is a great deal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014A truly excellent French Restaurant. Everything on the menu was prepared superbly and beautifully presented. The pureed onion soup, and crab cakes the best I ever had. The price fixed menu is a real bargain for the quality of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect placeHacomeDined on 9/19/2014Ming was the essence of what what service stands for. Perfectly professional and amazingly efficient with exceptional attention to every detailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in WilliamsburgOpenTableFanDined on 9/19/2014What a find! This superb French restaurant is nestled in a shopping center away from the tourism of Williamsburg. Our food was expertly prepared and the service was exacting. We loved the pretty, elegant decor and will definitely return on our next trip to Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014I rarely get to WIlliamsburg and have found the dining choices disappointing. I don't know how I overlooked Le Yaca, but I had not heard of it. I had a tough and stressful week and wanted a good lunch to restore my spirits. Le Yaca fit the bill perfectly.Special Features:
- One of the Best ReataurantsHarveyDined on 9/16/2014One of the best restaurants on the east coast if not the best!!!Special Features:
- great anniversarypj1112Dined on 9/14/2014it was our anniversary and we were looking for something romantic and, maybe, fun. found it. we were seated in the lovely wine vault, that nicely covered the romantic. found the fun being seated at one of brianna's tables. the service was fabulous. oh, and the food was great too;) don't miss the crab cake and salmon cru. had our dessert soufflé, and champagne toast, on the terrace. a great atmosphere and everyone is so nice and helpful. great anniversary!Special Features:
- hinghamVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was fantastic. The people were very accommodating and pleasant. Unfortunately the service could not have been worse. Had it not been for the secondary help pouring water, bringing bread, and finally bringing the check we might still have been waiting now two days later. Although our "waiter", I use that term loosely, was extremely pleasant, he was totally incompetent. I ordered a second glass of wine....the bus boy finally brought said he would get it when nothing arrived after waiting 15 minutes. The same happened with the bread and all the other courses. Even his pleasantries could not overcome the horrible impression he made and his total lack of skills as a waiter. Very disappointed.
- A real gem!SammyDined on 9/12/2014I was looking for a place to treat my brother and his wife for their birthdays while we were on vacation and found a real gem. We had the perfect evening. Our filets were done to perfection and the hit of the evening was the souffle, which my brother commented was probably the best he ever had in all his travels worldwide.Special Features:
- fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent. Choice and quality of food were both supurb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GREAT!Julie1037VIPDined on 9/12/2014After settling in to the new location, Le Yaca has regained its footing, with outstanding food and service. Still needs some work on controlling noise in the largest dining room, where larger groups are seated.Special Features:
- Gem near downtown WilliamsburgRobSDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I occasionally vacation in Williamsburg and now have been to Le Yaca twice. The food is fabulous for a reasonable price. There are several small to medium size rooms so the noise level is very low. We highly recommend Le Yaca!!!Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014Consistently excellent. Lovely presentation, attentive but not overbearing service, wonderful foodSpecial Features:
- 9/6/14 DinnerBobRDined on 9/6/2014Occasion was my wife's birthday, and our first visit. For 1st. course she has the "escargot" and I the "la crepe au crabe". Both were excellent. For mains, I had the filet with roquefort sauce and she the "le panache de la Mer". My filet was also excellent, but her seafood dish was a disappointment (over done). We both thought the dining room where we were seated was too noisy. Having said that, we would definitely return on another occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed, Over-pricedBridgetDined on 9/6/2014Waitress brought a personal crafe the size of a wine glass. She returned later to say they misunderstood and believed we both wanted wine and did we want to pay extra for the 2 glasses. We glared at her and she took the crafe...unbelieveable at these prices!! What was she going to do...pour it back in the bottle?...pour it down the drain? Leave it on the table with your compliments and make an impression. The French onion soup was made by a 7 year old with bagged coutons and sprinkles of packaged cheese. It was absolutely not "French" and tasted terrible. The meat was tough and undercooked...not to our specifications. The view of apartments did not help our mood. We are done with Le Yaca.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Always a wonderful experience - Excellent service, outstanding food, and the locations is amazingly convenient -Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DiningQuietDinerDined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed my wife and I's 27th wedding anniversary here, food was great, atmosphere was very nice. Great place to spend a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lighthouse2014lighthouse2014Dined on 9/5/2014This is THE place to eat when dining in the Williamsburg area. We have dined in the finest restaurants in Manhattan and Le Yaca has now become our favorite. We live in NY and this is worth the drive.Special Features:
- LibbyDined on 9/4/2014Outstanding food, wonderful ambience and great dining experience.Special Features:
- Entree's to keep foreverBruceVIPDined on 9/4/2014Two entrees that are true keepers are: Grilled NY strip steak with potatoes, zucchini, onion, tomatoes and mixed greens AND Seared thinly sliced Scottish Salmon over leeks confit and heart healthy sauce.Special Features:
- frenchfavDined on 9/3/2014Our waiter was simply outstanding...had a quaint nickname I forget right now, but was he ever terrific! We lived in the French-speaking world for nearly three decades (France, Martinique and French Africa) and can attest that the food was the real French deal! Yum! Not easy to come by stateside!Special Features:
- Fan-freaking-tastic!EaterDined on 9/3/2014The food was amazing! You obviously pay a premium for the quality of food, but this was the best food I have ever eaten in my life! We went for my wife's birthday. We had the crab stuffed crepes which were rich and smooth. Then I had the butter squash soup and my wide had the French onion soup. Again out taste buds were stimulated like never before! For the main course I had the scallops which were cooked to perfection and my wife had the surf and turf - filet and a crab cake. Both were so daggum tasty that there was no plate envy at our table! If you go there you have to have the quicichino! It's a signature cappuccino that is to die for! Go to Le Yaca, Eat! You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!4ForDiningDined on 9/1/2014Food and drink presentation and quality were excellent, and the staff were professional and knowledgeable. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014The food at Le Yaca is always excellent. Love their soups! It's a little noisy and doesn't have the intimate ambiance of their former location but still a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/20148 of us had dinner here to celebrate 2 birthdays. The service, staff, food and atmosphere were excellent.Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceLovefoodDined on 8/31/2014From the moment you walk in you know you're in for a treat. Every course was perfection. I am looking forward to returning for more.Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent food, service and generous portions. And the restaurant is in a new location and brand new space.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Great food; Great Service. You will be doing yourself a favor to visit this restaurant. Our server, Kelly, was the BEST.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal, great serviceClearCreekDined on 8/30/2014Arrived in Williamsburg mid-afternoon and looked for a nice place to start a fun, romantic weekend. Could not have done better than Le Yaca - restaurant was warm and inviting, food was outstanding and flavorful and service was wonderful. My date had the quiche and I had seafood crepes - both dishes were perfectly prepared and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.