1430 High Street Suite 801
Williamsburg, VA 23188Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.leyacawilliamsburg.com/
- Phone: 7572203616
- Hours of Operation:
Seven days a week: Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Daniel Yves Abid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For Parties that would like outside catering please contact Jackie Chutter at Virginia Escape 757-229-1161 ext 10, or 1-800-992-1656; e-mail email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room that fits up to 50 and three smaller rooms that can accommodate up to 20. For the larger room we ask that you have a group menu. For groups over 15 we ask that you have a set menu which can be from or group menu or from the Dinner menu it will increase your dining enjoyment at Le Yaca French Restaurant.
- Private Party Contact: Joy Anderson-Abid 7578698255
A word from Le Yaca
Le Yaca began in a tiny, country village(Courchevel)in the French Alps in 1964.Daniele Bourderau & Gerard decided that it would be fun to open a small restaurant. When friends learned of their plans they told the hopeful restaurateurs that they were crazy to think that people would drive 8 kilometers on a winding, icy road for dinner.Daniele and Gerard hesitated for 3 months and then decided: “yaca le faire,” a contraction of the French phrase “ il n’y a qu’a le faire” which basically means “let’s do it.” They called the restaurant Le Yaca as a gag. But the name caught on with customers, who were amused by the pun and contributed to the restaurant’s lore by inventing “yaca-isms ” of their own: yaca y aller (let’s go). Daniele came to the United States & opened Le Yaca in Williamsburg.Daniel Abid bought le Yaca in 2001. Daniel worked and trained in such prestigious places as “Le Pre Catelan” and “Lenotre” in Paris; “L’Amandier” and “Roger Verge" and to top it all off “Alain Ducasse.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Le Yaca - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
Le Yaca reviews from OpenTable diners
340 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (277)romantic (226)fit for foodies (186)notable wine list (126)great for lunch (119)neighborhood gem (113)great for outdoor dining (73)great for brunch (72)good for groups (69)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- One of the Best ReataurantsHarveyDined on 9/16/2014One of the best restaurants on the east coast if not the best!!!Special Features:
- hinghamVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was fantastic. The people were very accommodating and pleasant. Unfortunately the service could not have been worse. Had it not been for the secondary help pouring water, bringing bread, and finally bringing the check we might still have been waiting now two days later. Although our "waiter", I use that term loosely, was extremely pleasant, he was totally incompetent. I ordered a second glass of wine....the bus boy finally brought said he would get it when nothing arrived after waiting 15 minutes. The same happened with the bread and all the other courses. Even his pleasantries could not overcome the horrible impression he made and his total lack of skills as a waiter. Very disappointed.
- A real gem!SammyDined on 9/12/2014I was looking for a place to treat my brother and his wife for their birthdays while we were on vacation and found a real gem. We had the perfect evening. Our filets were done to perfection and the hit of the evening was the souffle, which my brother commented was probably the best he ever had in all his travels worldwide.Special Features:
- fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent. Choice and quality of food were both supurb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GREAT!Julie1037VIPDined on 9/12/2014After settling in to the new location, Le Yaca has regained its footing, with outstanding food and service. Still needs some work on controlling noise in the largest dining room, where larger groups are seated.Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014Consistently excellent. Lovely presentation, attentive but not overbearing service, wonderful foodSpecial Features:
- 9/6/14 DinnerBobRDined on 9/6/2014Occasion was my wife's birthday, and our first visit. For 1st. course she has the "escargot" and I the "la crepe au crabe". Both were excellent. For mains, I had the filet with roquefort sauce and she the "le panache de la Mer". My filet was also excellent, but her seafood dish was a disappointment (over done). We both thought the dining room where we were seated was too noisy. Having said that, we would definitely return on another occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed, Over-pricedBridgetDined on 9/6/2014Waitress brought a personal crafe the size of a wine glass. She returned later to say they misunderstood and believed we both wanted wine and did we want to pay extra for the 2 glasses. We glared at her and she took the crafe...unbelieveable at these prices!! What was she going to do...pour it back in the bottle?...pour it down the drain? Leave it on the table with your compliments and make an impression. The French onion soup was made by a 7 year old with bagged coutons and sprinkles of packaged cheese. It was absolutely not "French" and tasted terrible. The meat was tough and undercooked...not to our specifications. The view of apartments did not help our mood. We are done with Le Yaca.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014Always a wonderful experience - Excellent service, outstanding food, and the locations is amazingly convenient -Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary DiningQuietDinerDined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed my wife and I's 27th wedding anniversary here, food was great, atmosphere was very nice. Great place to spend a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lighthouse2014lighthouse2014Dined on 9/5/2014This is THE place to eat when dining in the Williamsburg area. We have dined in the finest restaurants in Manhattan and Le Yaca has now become our favorite. We live in NY and this is worth the drive.Special Features:
- LibbyDined on 9/4/2014Outstanding food, wonderful ambience and great dining experience.Special Features:
- Entree's to keep foreverBruceVIPDined on 9/4/2014Two entrees that are true keepers are: Grilled NY strip steak with potatoes, zucchini, onion, tomatoes and mixed greens AND Seared thinly sliced Scottish Salmon over leeks confit and heart healthy sauce.Special Features:
- frenchfavDined on 9/3/2014Our waiter was simply outstanding...had a quaint nickname I forget right now, but was he ever terrific! We lived in the French-speaking world for nearly three decades (France, Martinique and French Africa) and can attest that the food was the real French deal! Yum! Not easy to come by stateside!Special Features:
- Fan-freaking-tastic!EaterDined on 9/3/2014The food was amazing! You obviously pay a premium for the quality of food, but this was the best food I have ever eaten in my life! We went for my wife's birthday. We had the crab stuffed crepes which were rich and smooth. Then I had the butter squash soup and my wide had the French onion soup. Again out taste buds were stimulated like never before! For the main course I had the scallops which were cooked to perfection and my wife had the surf and turf - filet and a crab cake. Both were so daggum tasty that there was no plate envy at our table! If you go there you have to have the quicichino! It's a signature cappuccino that is to die for! Go to Le Yaca, Eat! You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!4ForDiningDined on 9/1/2014Food and drink presentation and quality were excellent, and the staff were professional and knowledgeable. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2014The food at Le Yaca is always excellent. Love their soups! It's a little noisy and doesn't have the intimate ambiance of their former location but still a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/20148 of us had dinner here to celebrate 2 birthdays. The service, staff, food and atmosphere were excellent.Special Features:
- A wonderful experienceLovefoodDined on 8/31/2014From the moment you walk in you know you're in for a treat. Every course was perfection. I am looking forward to returning for more.Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent food, service and generous portions. And the restaurant is in a new location and brand new space.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Great food; Great Service. You will be doing yourself a favor to visit this restaurant. Our server, Kelly, was the BEST.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal, great serviceClearCreekDined on 8/30/2014Arrived in Williamsburg mid-afternoon and looked for a nice place to start a fun, romantic weekend. Could not have done better than Le Yaca - restaurant was warm and inviting, food was outstanding and flavorful and service was wonderful. My date had the quiche and I had seafood crepes - both dishes were perfectly prepared and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noneDined on 8/29/2014first dining experience at the new location. lovely decor. Same great food, wine and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Restaurant Has DisappearedNSNSNRNSDined on 8/27/2014Two meals in two deals at this formerly wonderful French Restaurant demonstrated the new owner has lost touch with what made this great French institution what it was. The service is about on a par with Applebee's. Clearly getting clients into the bar to pad the bill while tables in the dining room sit empty seems to be a new profit center. At dinner the strip steak was very tough and the fennel soup nearly tasteless. At lunch the day before the fish was not fresh and the duck breast was so chewy it could not be comfortably eaten. The French bread was Wonderbread with a crust. As a huge fan of this restaurant it pains me to write such a negative review. The front of the house staff is very inexperienced and it shows. tSpecial Features:
- cweaterVIPDined on 8/27/2014superb food, excellent service, well-designed dining areas conducive to quiet talking among friends excellent lunch menu and good value will visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in townVADinersLoveToEatVIPDined on 8/24/2014You will not be disappointed when you go to brunch at Le Yaca. It beings with either a Bloody Mary, Mimosa or Champagne followed by a basket of chocolate croissants and baguette. The choices for the main course are limited but all are excellent. Your meal includes soup or salad and a delicious dessert. We were celebrating a birthday and were served an after dinner glass of champagne which was very nice. Our server, Mingh, provided the best of the best. He is our favorite server. The restaurant is located in the High Street commercial development with plenty of parking. Reservations are required during the busy season but from Jan through Mar when the tourists are not around, you can walk in for either lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JimbobDined on 8/24/2014Old world, classic French dining experience right here in little old Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pooh BearGregoryVIPDined on 8/23/2014As always ...... everything was perfect ! Saturday night was even more special than normal ..... Great Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of France!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent cuisine, great service, nice ambiance. About as good as it gets this side of the Atlantic!Special Features:
- Great place for foodthoughtforfoodDined on 8/22/2014This is the new location for Le Yaca that's quite different from their previous location. It is updated, modern, bright and comfortable. The menu and the food continue to be outstanding. I haven't tried everything on the menu, but I suspect that any of it would be enjoyable. Service is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New LocationFriarTuckDined on 8/22/2014We are long time Le Yaca fans. First time we have come back since they have moved the High Street location. Still great food and service. "Madame" Danielle continues t be a great host visiting every table to explain the specials. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outDavidJDined on 8/22/2014This is our first time at the new location. We had lobster soup, steak & crab cake, and the apple torte. The preparation of the meal was perfect. The presentation was wonderful & the price was as expected. We will return again and more frequently. The new location has ears parking and is easier to get to than the old location. See you next month.Special Features:
- Best French Restaurant in TidewaterBucephalusDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant has it all. From the moment you walk into this elegant french restaurant you are transported to France. The food is classical french and the selection is so extensive you wish you could come there every night . The wine selection is extensive ( weighted to French wines) and reasonable in price. Madame Julia is from Paris and comes to each table to help you chose a wine or assist in your dinner selections. This is not just a restaurant. It is a special experience which lingers for many days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frankVIPDined on 8/21/2014We are Le Yaca veterans at the old location. This new location is just as good. Food and service are impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best FrenchFoodieDined on 8/21/2014Both the quality and price are right. We went back the 2nd time in 2 days...Special Features:
- Great food, great pricekgrayson82Dined on 8/20/2014We found this restaurant about 3 years ago and it remains a favorite. French style cuisine that is always cooked fantastic. The menu prices are great, a 3 course meal this good for $37 is phenomenal, where else can you get 2 filet mignon with sides, salad or soup, and desert for that price. Just go, you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiefoodeeDined on 8/19/2014My wife and I have been trying to find a restaurant in Williamsburg to meet the caliber of restaurants in Richmond but they have all fallen short until now. This was a very good meal and reasonably priced for the quality we received. The tenderloin steak was so tender you could cut it with a fork. The atmosphere was good as well as the service. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends if you haven't tried it yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Place - Lunch & DinnerluvLeyacaDined on 8/19/2014Excellent food ambiance and service. Best in Williamsburg. Food is outstanding and the service is fantastic.Special Features:
- Very good restaurantbuongustaioDined on 8/18/2014Le Yaca is, arguably, the best restaurant in the Williamsburg area. My wife and I have been there to celebrate two special occasions, and we found both times that the ambiance, the food and the service were extremely good, and the price was very reasonable considering the quality of the entire experience. We can highly recommend that you plan to celebrate there the next special event in your life.Special Features:
- Client dinnerFoodisitDined on 8/18/2014Service was great and food was fantastic. Great atmosphere. Nothing could have been improved. Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.