569 N. 155th Plaza
Omaha, NE 68154Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levoltaireomaha.com/
- Phone: 402-934-9374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday & Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Cedric Fichepain
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: . Holds up to 40 people. . Custom made menu. . Large video screen free of charge. . Projector free of charge. . Completely independent room closed to traffic with its own restrooms. . Cozy atmosphere with a view of Le Voltaire’s Award winning wine cellar. . Great for meetings, seminars, prenuptial dinners, special events and presentations. . Ideal for pharmaceutical dinner. . Special menus available for groups.
- Private Party Contact: Cedric Fichepain 402-934-9374
A word from Le Voltaire
Recognized as one of Omaha's finest restaurants, Le Voltaire's features classical French cuisine with a flair. The Executive Chef, Owner, Cédric S. Fichepain is committed to providing an atmosphere of understated elegance, fine service and extraordinary cuisine. On the menu, you'll find items such as Lamb, Filet Mignon, Fresh Fish, Duck and other culinary delights, complemented by baguette, cheese plate and desserts. Each dish is prepared using the freshest flavors of the season and ingredients of the highest quality. Some dishes are Chef Cédric S. Fichepain mother's and Grandmother's very own special recipes. Your dining experience will be enhanced by gorgeous interior design with a touch of the southern part of France along with a breath taking floral design of the full bar. The wine list is constantly updated to represent the best wine selections from the regions of France. Le Voltaire has received the Wine Spectator Award for the past five years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Le Voltaire - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Le Voltaire reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)fit for foodies (76)notable wine list (71)romantic (65)neighborhood gem (64)good for groups (17)great for lunch (11)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Le Voltaire was amazing. My only complaint is that it was loud. The restaurant is small and contributes to the problem, I feel this was more of an issue with the people seated at the table next to ours rather than that of the restaurant its self. Even with the table next to us cackling so loud it made it difficult to have a conversation at a reasonable volume, my overall experience was still great. I would recommend Le Voltaire to anyone and I plan on returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Very delicious. Nice to find authentic French food in nebraskaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FrenchDianemtnDined on 9/26/2014Great menu and by the glass wine selection. Great service by Nick. It was a good find through open tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare find in West OmahaCates1stchoicesDined on 9/26/2014There are not nearly enough genuinely fine restaurant experiences in West Omaha; this is one of the very few. Le Voltaire, tucked away in a small shopping center next to its companion Petit Paris Patisserie, provides a lovely experience of well-prepared dishes, beautifully presented, in which French cuisine is fused with locally sourced ingredients. The Boeuf Bourguignon continues to be a favorite, to which we added the Coquilles Saint Jacques at this past visit. A note is required to compliment the serving staff -- all of whom proved again to be quiet, observant, thoughtful, and prompt -- traits one can only wish for in service at other restaurants in West Omaha and which so enrich the fine dinner experience at Le Voltaire.Special Features:
- A special treatlonnDined on 9/26/2014This is where we choose to go for a special treat. Everything is well made and of excellent quality. Its a great place to celebrate the special moments.Special Features:
- Beef cheeks & escargotClementineDined on 9/25/2014A fine evening with wonderful treats. A calamari cold salad that was so tasty. A Bordeaux that fit with everything. And creme brûlée to top off the meal. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Repeat DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014My husband is still raving about his steak Diane and the Creme Brule is the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for a great priceHelenDined on 9/23/2014You must eat here. The prices are VERY reasonable for the quality of the food. The service is wonderful. They give you time between courses to relax. It is a very french dining experience. the wine list is fairly extensive and very reasonably priced as well. They also have wine and food events throughout the year.Special Features:
- BusterDined on 9/20/2014I have never been disappointed in the food, wine, or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumSkippymomDined on 9/20/2014These folks know how to cook, plate and serve outstanding food.Special Features:
- OutstandingLincolniteDined on 9/19/2014The experience was outstanding. The food was the best I have ever had, the service was on-spot and friendly, and the surroundings cozy yet elegant. And the prices were affordable. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good Food - Excellent ValueUnie77Dined on 9/19/2014Very nice restaurant that would be fit for an occasion. Small and intimate open dining room and very good service. The confit emanadas needed more filling but had an excellent crust; great French Onion Soup, and a very competent entree (salmon). I'm sure that many other dishes were equally well done my food experience would rate Good+. Nice local eatery and better than many in most regards. Not the most inspired or superbly executed food to be had but the price/quality ratio is absolutely excellent! You will definitely get your monies worth at Le Voltaire.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service, Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Visited on a Friday during Omaha Restaurant Week. My wife had the French onion soup and petite sirloin. I had the beef cheeks, which I'd never had before so I've nothing to compare it to, but it was tender and delicious. Our server, Nick was very attentive, knowledgeable and helpful. When discussing the wine options, my wife mentioned we were headed to Napa Valley soon. Nick very graciously provided us with a list of his favorite Napa wineries. We had a great time, a great meal and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bite of FranceTimHDined on 9/18/2014Le Voltaire makes us feel like we are back in Paris, even though it is located in a West Omaha strip mall. Because this was Omaha Restaurant Week we went with the fixed price special menu. The escargot (make sure you order it with cheese) and the French Onion soup are terrific. The salmon served in a parchment bag was delicious as the potatoes and brussel sprouts were done perfectly. My dining partner order the braised beef cheeks and thought the salmon was much better. The desserts (a caramel pot and a bread pudding) where just the right size and a perfect way to finish the meal. We went with the house red wine which was very very nice. Le Voltaire never disappoints and our server was efficient and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Voltaire Shines in local diningTerryRDined on 9/18/2014I was able to enjoy dinner at Le Voltaire during Omaha Restaurant Week. For the first course I had the Brie with cranberries and apricots. It was divine and served warm on French bread . It was special. My second course was Lucky Bucket braised beef cheeks with vegetables and mashed potatoes! Think of it as the best pot roast you could have! My third course was bitterscotch pot du Creme with toasted pecans! The perfect ending to a lovely meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week menu not up to parTomJDined on 9/17/2014The restaurant skimped on the "restaurant week" menu. The escargot was not served in the normal fashion and the small salad that normally accompanies the main course was omitted. The food was good but not"special".Special Features:
- Great French FoodArtificeRuseDined on 9/13/2014Despite being in a strip mall, this place is really good. My fiancée went here to see what this place was like and to try one of Omaha's French Restaurants, I must say we were not disappointed. We really enjoyed everything about this place, and are planning to go back as much as possible. Our wait staff was really knowledgeable about the wine list and food served here. Le Voltaire is definitely worth try, and we will be returning.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDougDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday at Le Voltaire. As usual the food and service were excellent. We had the veal scallopini and seafood stew. Both were superb. Will be back.Special Features:
- Nice EveningmtoolieDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful evening on our anniversary. Delicious food and excellent service. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodKathyDined on 9/5/2014Meal was great! Only comment.....Burger was ordered "Rare", but was served "Rare"! They took it back and was re-served as ordered!!Special Features:
- Beautiful Boeuf BourguignonCates1stchoicesDined on 8/30/2014Undoubtedly the beautiful beef stew had been cared for all day. What else could explain the subtlety and depth of its flavors? [Applause for the chef!] And the duck confit as a starter was a lovely promise of what was to follow. So well made, so perfectly presented. [More applause!]Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hideen gemunimpressedDined on 8/29/2014I was very impresed with the french onion soup and the Boullabaisse complimented with attentive service which was spot on and great desserts. a deffinite must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HotRodDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food, excellent service, wonderful atmosphere. What else can I say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingdrdana16Dined on 8/22/2014I have been to Le Voltaire a few times and I always have a fantastic time. The service is wonderful, the food is exemplary. Their French delicacy items are made very well. I would absolutely recommend foie gras and escargot. Really anything you get, you'll be pleased. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- ron3Dined on 8/16/2014This place will not disappoint anyone. It is small and diners sit close. There were no kids there when we went probably because there is no kids menu, so it wasn't noisy. Food is great and it is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Awesome duck! Moist inside. Perfectly crispy outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceAW1706Dined on 8/15/2014This was a very nice meal in a fabulous little restaurant. We enjoyed the ambience--fancy, but not off-putting. I would say it was quaint, in a positive sense. Lots of character. While the meal took a very long time to arrive (over an hour from the time we sat down to the time we had our main course), I felt the service was excellent. We thought our waiter was charming and friendly, and very helpful. He made us feel comfortable and offered great advice. The food in general was fantastic. Though I enjoyed my main dish, I probably would order something different next time. But overall we were very pleased with the entire experience, and definitely want to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another fine dining experiencehensterVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been here before but only once it was probably almost a year ago. I'm not sure why we waited so long to come back but we certainly won't let it be so long between visits this time. We dined here with family from Chicago and they were more than impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed a dinner for two at this fantastic restaurant. Every time we go to enjoy a night out here the food has been outstanding and the service and staff is out of there way knowledgeable and friendly. THe addition of the bakery has added a wonderfully delicious desserts to the menu that are to die alone with a great coffee but are still great after a full wonderful meal. We will continue to return!Special Features:
- seaysideVIPDined on 8/8/2014I had the beef burgundy, which was outstanding, as always. My wife had the wreck fish (special) which was also very nice. A glass of bubbly to start off, a very nice wine with dinner, and excellent service completed our enjoyable anniversary celebration! We have dined here regularly for a number of years. Cedric and his friendly staff make return visits something to look forward to. Always welcoming, we enjoy the relaxed, at-home feeling. It pairs very well with the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food each timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Always leave satisfied. Food has great flavor, depth, and presentation!Special Features:
- IntownNsmakDined on 8/2/2014House salad just greens. Great Dijon house vinaigrette. But, as stated, only greens. Steak good. Fries good. Love the opera cakes.Special Features:
- Always greatrebaDined on 8/2/2014I have always had a great meal here, and I was not let down by this visit. Nice amount of food. I never leave hungry, nor do I leave feeling uncomfortably stuffed. Cedric is a wonderful chef.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantPickyEaterDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I were very glad we ate here. Our server was helpful in describing the meals and suggeting wines and entrees. The entire evening was relaxing and we couldn't have been happier with our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Voltaire hit it out of the park!JohnDined on 7/30/2014Le Voltaire (LV) and Green Gateau (GG) in Lincoln are our favorite go to places in Nebraska. Fortunately, we have dined in both in the last seven days! On our way back from Denver, my wife suggested a stop at GG. Just like always it was great. We went to LV the other night to celebrate my wife's birthday. Again, as always, the hit it out of the park. Linda had a filet and I had the lamb, with an Escargot appetizer and a chocolate mousse dessert. All were again exceptional, the presentation was beautiful, and the service, as always was fantastic. We have been frequenting both these places for a number of years, and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- First, not not last time thereTheolebaldguyDined on 7/5/2014This was our first visit to Le Voltaire, but it will not be the last. We were pleasently surprised. A superb menu. One of the few places in Omaha to have lamb on the regular menu. Combinations of appetizers, entrees, and desserts offered at very reasonable prices. The food, especially the lamb shank, was absolutely superior. Lisa's service was perfect, friendly, and professional. We will be back often.Special Features:
- Authentic French FoodFoodie1424Dined on 7/1/2014La Voltaire is a gem of a restaurant. Having lived in France, I can vouch for the authenticity of its cuisine. When I was there recently, I had duck confit that was BETTER than what I'd had in France when I was last there in February! Wine list is small but well chosen. I live in the Old Market area so I don't tend to get here often, but when I do, I'm always impressed with both the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Nick was great!! Amazing service!!! Food was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Wonderful!2good2missDined on 6/26/2014We absolutely loved our French dinner. The meat dishes that we ordered melted in our mouths. Every course was perfect. We celebrated our 46th. wedding anniversary with you and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- slow nightaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaVIPDined on 6/21/2014When our entrees finally arrived they were very good. However, when the dish is ordered at 7:00 and served at 8:00 that is a problem, Saturday night or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.