569 N. 155th Plaza
Omaha, NE 68154Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levoltaireomaha.com/
- Phone: 402-934-9374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday & Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Cedric Fichepain
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: . Holds up to 40 people. . Custom made menu. . Large video screen free of charge. . Projector free of charge. . Completely independent room closed to traffic with its own restrooms. . Cozy atmosphere with a view of Le Voltaire’s Award winning wine cellar. . Great for meetings, seminars, prenuptial dinners, special events and presentations. . Ideal for pharmaceutical dinner. . Special menus available for groups.
- Private Party Contact: Cedric Fichepain 402-934-9374
A word from Le Voltaire
Recognized as one of Omaha's finest restaurants, Le Voltaire's features classical French cuisine with a flair. The Executive Chef, Owner, Cédric S. Fichepain is committed to providing an atmosphere of understated elegance, fine service and extraordinary cuisine. On the menu, you'll find items such as Lamb, Filet Mignon, Fresh Fish, Duck and other culinary delights, complemented by baguette, cheese plate and desserts. Each dish is prepared using the freshest flavors of the season and ingredients of the highest quality. Some dishes are Chef Cédric S. Fichepain mother's and Grandmother's very own special recipes. Your dining experience will be enhanced by gorgeous interior design with a touch of the southern part of France along with a breath taking floral design of the full bar. The wine list is constantly updated to represent the best wine selections from the regions of France. Le Voltaire has received the Wine Spectator Award for the past five years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Le Voltaire - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Le Voltaire reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (58)fit for foodies (55)notable wine list (50)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (13)great for lunch (11)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great French FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Despite being in a strip mall, this place is really good. My fiancée went here to see what this place was like and to try one of Omaha's French Restaurants, I must say we were not disappointed. We really enjoyed everything about this place, and are planning to go back as much as possible. Our wait staff was really knowledgeable about the wine list and food served here. Le Voltaire is definitely worth try, and we will be returning.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDougDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday at Le Voltaire. As usual the food and service were excellent. We had the veal scallopini and seafood stew. Both were superb. Will be back.Special Features:
- FoodKathyDined on 9/5/2014Meal was great! Only comment.....Burger was ordered "Rare", but was served "Rare"! They took it back and was re-served as ordered!!Special Features:
- Beautiful Boeuf BourguignonCates1stchoicesDined on 8/30/2014Undoubtedly the beautiful beef stew had been cared for all day. What else could explain the subtlety and depth of its flavors? [Applause for the chef!] And the duck confit as a starter was a lovely promise of what was to follow. So well made, so perfectly presented. [More applause!]Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hideen gemunimpressedDined on 8/29/2014I was very impresed with the french onion soup and the Boullabaisse complimented with attentive service which was spot on and great desserts. a deffinite must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HotRodDined on 8/22/2014Excellent food, excellent service, wonderful atmosphere. What else can I say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ron3Dined on 8/16/2014This place will not disappoint anyone. It is small and diners sit close. There were no kids there when we went probably because there is no kids menu, so it wasn't noisy. Food is great and it is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Awesome duck! Moist inside. Perfectly crispy outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceAW1706Dined on 8/15/2014This was a very nice meal in a fabulous little restaurant. We enjoyed the ambience--fancy, but not off-putting. I would say it was quaint, in a positive sense. Lots of character. While the meal took a very long time to arrive (over an hour from the time we sat down to the time we had our main course), I felt the service was excellent. We thought our waiter was charming and friendly, and very helpful. He made us feel comfortable and offered great advice. The food in general was fantastic. Though I enjoyed my main dish, I probably would order something different next time. But overall we were very pleased with the entire experience, and definitely want to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another fine dining experiencehensterVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been here before but only once it was probably almost a year ago. I'm not sure why we waited so long to come back but we certainly won't let it be so long between visits this time. We dined here with family from Chicago and they were more than impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed a dinner for two at this fantastic restaurant. Every time we go to enjoy a night out here the food has been outstanding and the service and staff is out of there way knowledgeable and friendly. THe addition of the bakery has added a wonderfully delicious desserts to the menu that are to die alone with a great coffee but are still great after a full wonderful meal. We will continue to return!Special Features:
- seaysideVIPDined on 8/8/2014I had the beef burgundy, which was outstanding, as always. My wife had the wreck fish (special) which was also very nice. A glass of bubbly to start off, a very nice wine with dinner, and excellent service completed our enjoyable anniversary celebration! We have dined here regularly for a number of years. Cedric and his friendly staff make return visits something to look forward to. Always welcoming, we enjoy the relaxed, at-home feeling. It pairs very well with the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food each timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Always leave satisfied. Food has great flavor, depth, and presentation!Special Features:
- IntownNsmakDined on 8/2/2014House salad just greens. Great Dijon house vinaigrette. But, as stated, only greens. Steak good. Fries good. Love the opera cakes.Special Features:
- Always greatrebaDined on 8/2/2014I have always had a great meal here, and I was not let down by this visit. Nice amount of food. I never leave hungry, nor do I leave feeling uncomfortably stuffed. Cedric is a wonderful chef.Special Features:
- Lovely restaurantPickyEaterDined on 8/2/2014My husband and I were very glad we ate here. Our server was helpful in describing the meals and suggeting wines and entrees. The entire evening was relaxing and we couldn't have been happier with our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Voltaire hit it out of the park!JohnDined on 7/30/2014Le Voltaire (LV) and Green Gateau (GG) in Lincoln are our favorite go to places in Nebraska. Fortunately, we have dined in both in the last seven days! On our way back from Denver, my wife suggested a stop at GG. Just like always it was great. We went to LV the other night to celebrate my wife's birthday. Again, as always, the hit it out of the park. Linda had a filet and I had the lamb, with an Escargot appetizer and a chocolate mousse dessert. All were again exceptional, the presentation was beautiful, and the service, as always was fantastic. We have been frequenting both these places for a number of years, and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- First, not not last time thereTheolebaldguyDined on 7/5/2014This was our first visit to Le Voltaire, but it will not be the last. We were pleasently surprised. A superb menu. One of the few places in Omaha to have lamb on the regular menu. Combinations of appetizers, entrees, and desserts offered at very reasonable prices. The food, especially the lamb shank, was absolutely superior. Lisa's service was perfect, friendly, and professional. We will be back often.Special Features:
- Authentic French FoodFoodie1424Dined on 7/1/2014La Voltaire is a gem of a restaurant. Having lived in France, I can vouch for the authenticity of its cuisine. When I was there recently, I had duck confit that was BETTER than what I'd had in France when I was last there in February! Wine list is small but well chosen. I live in the Old Market area so I don't tend to get here often, but when I do, I'm always impressed with both the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Nick was great!! Amazing service!!! Food was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Wonderful!2good2missDined on 6/26/2014We absolutely loved our French dinner. The meat dishes that we ordered melted in our mouths. Every course was perfect. We celebrated our 46th. wedding anniversary with you and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- slow nightaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaVIPDined on 6/21/2014When our entrees finally arrived they were very good. However, when the dish is ordered at 7:00 and served at 8:00 that is a problem, Saturday night or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- philDined on 6/21/2014We have never been disappointed. The food is great and there is a nice atmosphere. We plan to go back soon.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014Service seemed to be a little slow - we had been there a couple weeks ago. With another couple and had to leave because a member wasn't feeling well and service was very poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DMF1008Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I dined here for the first time and was blown away. The service was excellent and the food was amazing! My husband had the boeuf bourguignon and I the coq au vin. Both entrees were superb and the meat extremely tender. For dessert we had creme brûlée, which was fantastic. We highly recommend the restaraunt for an affordable French meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/13/2014We have been to LeVoltare several times, but this was the first time we brought a group. There were eight of us and there was not a bite left on any plate. Service and food were top notch. Great job!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner at La VoltaireSteveDined on 6/4/2014We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary at La Voltaire. We have eat there before and never have been disappointed. This time was no exception. The wine list is very good. It ranges from reasonably priced to expensive. We had a medium priced French bottle that was great. The appetizer combo plate was fantastic. I could eat that alone for dinner. I had lamb and my wife had sailfish for the main course. It was delicious as always. The desserts are always a special treat. You can get a reasonably priced 4 course gourmet meal here. My only criticism is that our waitress could have been better and they could create a more intimate environment. They should also stick to their dress code, No shorts, T-shirts, and flip-flops.Special Features:
- The following 496 reviews are from the Le Voltaire reviews archive.
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerRoamingFoodieDined on 6/4/2014My husband and I had dinner here to celebrate our first anniversary and everything was perfect. My husband used to be a chef at a French restaurant and I used to be a waitress, so we have high standards. The meal was very reasonably priced and well prepared. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, as always!!Luv2dineDined on 5/14/2014Our favorite restaurant in Omaha! Always exceeds our expectations. The food and wine were impeccable. Cedric, the owner and Lisa, our server both took the time out of their busy evening to chat with us and to make recommendations on our upcoming trip to Paris. We highly recommend this exceptional restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incroyable!MLeeDined on 5/14/2014We had frequented the restaurant's bakery for baguettes, croissants and sandwiches and couldn't wait to try the restaurant. We were not disappointed. We celebrated our anniversary for our initial dining experience. Our server Lisa made wonderful suggestions and provided a fine dining experience. The wine list is without compare. The owner/chef stopped by our table. It was as if we were in Paris or Lyon at a neighborhood upscale restaurant. We are already planning our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceTeachmeDined on 5/10/2014Service was wonderful! Our wait staff was friendly, warm, and had a good knowledge of dishes and wines. The only disappointment was that the escargot was not more flavorful. All the other dishes were fabulous as was the mousseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gemSizanneDined on 5/9/2014Le Voltaire is our favorite Omaha restaurant. The food is exquisite both in taste and presentation. The wait staff is knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Adding their own bakery, next door has only enhanced their business. Sitting in a humble strip mall in west Omaha, Le Voltaire is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Piece of France in OmahaSandyODined on 5/6/2014My husband and I went here to celebrate our Anniversary and my Birthday and what a special evening we had. The food was outstanding. I had the halibut steamed in parchment with a roasted vegetables and it was so incredably good. My husband had a fitet mignet with an incredable wine sauce that was prefectly cooked. The waiter was so attentive. Treating us to complimentary champagne to start our evening and a wonderful mango mouse with carmel sauce for desert. The whole experience made our evening and our celebration so special. We will definitely put this on our short list of favorite restaurants in Omaha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeilDined on 5/3/2014Literally our favorite restaurant in Omaha. Reasonably priced, outstanding quality, experienced staff that truly care that your dinning experience is fabulous. We cant wait for our next date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with Great FoodVilla41Dined on 5/2/2014The food they serve here is a style and type that is hard to find in major cities, We are truly lucky to have a Chef with a Restaurant such as this in Omaha.Special Features:
- A Mixed BlessingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014The escargot appetizer was very tasty. I had the duck confit and found it quite plain. The texture was nice, but the flavor was very uninteresting. The vegetables with it were were plain but good. The creme brulee was wonderful. Don't be afraid to use butter, salt and seasonings! That's why we eat out. I watch my salt and fat intake at home. In a French restaurant I want a gastronomic adventure, not a walk through the neighborhood. I tasted my friend's salmon appetizer, which she did not like. I didn't like it either...no flavor at all! She wasn't wild about her entree, but I can't remember what she had. She also loved the creme brulee.Special Features:
- OohLaLaBadBradDined on 4/30/2014Great French inspired food. Group had appetizers with lamb, monkfish special and duck (confit and breast special) entrees paired with Sancere. Everyone loved everything. Forgot to mention the bread and butter too. Just missed actually being in France.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently deliciouslindadDined on 4/26/2014Over the years, I can honestly say I've never had a bad dining experience at LeVoltaire. And this recent experience was no exception. The food was delicious. Everyone in our party of four completely cleaned their plates! Service was lovely...not too rushed, but never feeling forgotten.Special Features:
- French with humilityPatrickDined on 4/26/2014We have dined here several times. It is good French food and great service and no attitude. You get a friendly greeting at the door, service is timely, and the specials are always unusual and tasty. Recommend for anyone wanting a quiet dinner.Special Features:
- Great French foodJimWVIPDined on 4/25/2014We have been here several times have always enjoyed the food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.