569 N. 155th Plaza
Omaha, NE 68154Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.levoltaireomaha.com/
- Phone: 402-934-9374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Thursday & Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Cedric Fichepain
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: . Holds up to 40 people. . Custom made menu. . Large video screen free of charge. . Projector free of charge. . Completely independent room closed to traffic with its own restrooms. . Cozy atmosphere with a view of Le Voltaire’s Award winning wine cellar. . Great for meetings, seminars, prenuptial dinners, special events and presentations. . Ideal for pharmaceutical dinner. . Special menus available for groups.
- Private Party Contact: Cedric Fichepain 402-934-9374
A word from Le Voltaire
Recognized as one of Omaha's finest restaurants, Le Voltaire's features classical French cuisine with a flair. The Executive Chef, Owner, Cédric S. Fichepain is committed to providing an atmosphere of understated elegance, fine service and extraordinary cuisine. On the menu, you'll find items such as Lamb, Filet Mignon, Fresh Fish, Duck and other culinary delights, complemented by baguette, cheese plate and desserts. Each dish is prepared using the freshest flavors of the season and ingredients of the highest quality. Some dishes are Chef Cédric S. Fichepain mother's and Grandmother's very own special recipes. Your dining experience will be enhanced by gorgeous interior design with a touch of the southern part of France along with a breath taking floral design of the full bar. The wine list is constantly updated to represent the best wine selections from the regions of France. Le Voltaire has received the Wine Spectator Award for the past five years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Le Voltaire - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Le Voltaire reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)fit for foodies (88)notable wine list (77)romantic (71)neighborhood gem (70)good for groups (20)great for lunch (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/22/2014The food was fantastic. We truly enjoyed our meal. The pricing was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousG8E2rDined on 10/18/2014The food was great as well as well as the service.Special Features:
- ExcellentChuckosDined on 10/17/2014First time for our guests and they absolutely loved it. As always, food, service, atmosphere is perfect. New fall menu brought back some of the favorites.Special Features:
- denniss100Dined on 10/17/2014We had dined here before, but it had been a while. Happily, Le Voltaire had lost nothing in the interim. Both the food and the service were outstanding. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014Great food, service and overall experience. Lisa is the best. We both had the bison special. It was truly SPECIAL!Special Features:
- Lovely EveningLoveTheQuietDined on 10/17/2014I asked for a quiet placement and we were seated in a back room facing the wine room. It was quieter at our table than in the main room. French music played over the ceiling speakers was refreshing. Our choices included escargot, ratatouille, boeuf bouguignon, and a whitefish special. All were spectacular. Our server was attentive and described our choices carefully. I recommend LeVoltaire for a quiet evening and delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorldTravelerDined on 10/16/2014This was our first time at Le Voltaire. Overall, we had a wonderful time, The ambience was similar to Paris (as similar as possible in Omaha). We particularly liked the pastry shop next door; we bought some pastries, and they were delivered to the restaurant so that we picked them up as we exited after our dinner. The service was good. The food was good, although the beef special on that particular evening was supposed to be similar to a Japanese dish, and it was not. The rest of the meal was wonderful, including the wine and desserts. We are looking forward to trying the other options at Le Voltaire in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude WaitresseseatingomahaDined on 10/15/2014Our waitress was very rude... although maybe that was intentional to complete the French ambiance.Special Features:
- Enjoyed one of our favoritesOmahaFoodie84Dined on 10/14/2014My husband and I have been to Le V several times but apparently have never left a review. Our food was great, as per usual. This past time our service was not on par with where it has been in the past. No big problems, just a series of small things that I would consider a fluke. When our bread came, it was without butter. We asked for butter, the butter brought out was rock hard when it's usually room temp. When our food came, my order was slightly off (wrong side dish, and salad dressing was not brought on the side as requested). Again, nothing major but perhaps during the week the wait staff is not as on point as on the weekends when we usually go. This would never stop me from enjoying some of the very best food and wine in Omaha!Special Features:
- HappyHourHappyVIPDined on 10/14/2014The food is always exquisite there. Every course! The best bleu cheese I've ever had, and the waiter gave me the name of it.Special Features:
- Hidden gemLuv2eatDined on 10/11/2014Le Voltaire never disappoints. Food and wine always perfect! Service is great.....a wonderful hidden gem.Special Features:
- Great!FrenchDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time dinning here. We will be back. Great food featuring French classics that I love, and very good service. Friendly and not overly priced. :)Special Features:
- An Omaha MustlovesfoodDined on 10/11/2014I was searching for new restaurants to take my boyfriend to for his birthday and stumbled across this one, which had amazing reviews. It definitely lived up to my expectations. It was a cozy atmosphere and the food was amazing. They also had a huge wine list. This restaurant will be making it onto our date-night date rotations.Special Features:
- Pleasently SurprisedhondapcgirlDined on 10/9/2014We dined on a Friday evening & noticed that they sat the couples separate from children. I was a little timid about what to order. I had been to France & was very unimpressed w/ the main courses. The steak & fries were the worst. But, I really wanted steak & thought that they would have probably Americanized it in order to actually sell it here. The steak was nice & tender. The fries had a nice flavor added to them. My husband had the fish special, which was delicious & I enjoyed dipping my steak in his sauce. We ended the evening w/ creme brulee & chocolate mousse. My husband was impressed w/ the mousse. The flavor of the creme brulee was very good, however the crystallized sugar was not a nice "sheet of nice". Instead, it was more gritty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris without the travelBadBradDined on 10/9/2014As always, great food & French wine selection. Best French onion soup. Vanilla bean mousse was as promised, ice cream that doesn't melt.Special Features:
- Great foodjobot56Dined on 10/9/2014I have been to Le Voltaire several times, and they never disappoint. This time, I went by myself and sat at the bar. I still experienced the same wonderful service and great food. The filet mignon with Diane sauce was tender and flavorful, and I had the house made pate as an appetizer. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for lunchKiraDined on 10/9/2014Le Voltaire is open for lunch on Thursday and Friday from 11:30 to 2. This is like the old fashioned dining experience. You can truly relax and have both fine food and wine and a leisurely dining experience. The service is excellent. My friends who are wine lovers commented they can trust the wine recommendations and it was reasonably priced. We had a bottle of French Chardonnay. The lamb sandwich on a baguette was just right. Even at night, when the restaurant is full, the noise level is acceptable and you can carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Wonderful french dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2014Our visit to Le Voltaire was wonderful! It has a wonderful intimate atmosphere, the food was absolutely delicious, the service top notch! I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- ExcellentfoodisgoodDined on 9/27/2014Le Voltaire was amazing. My only complaint is that it was loud. The restaurant is small and contributes to the problem, I feel this was more of an issue with the people seated at the table next to ours rather than that of the restaurant its self. Even with the table next to us cackling so loud it made it difficult to have a conversation at a reasonable volume, my overall experience was still great. I would recommend Le Voltaire to anyone and I plan on returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and deliciousStarfire24Dined on 9/27/2014Very delicious. Nice to find authentic French food in nebraskaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FrenchDianemtnDined on 9/26/2014Great menu and by the glass wine selection. Great service by Nick. It was a good find through open tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rare find in West OmahaCates1stchoicesDined on 9/26/2014There are not nearly enough genuinely fine restaurant experiences in West Omaha; this is one of the very few. Le Voltaire, tucked away in a small shopping center next to its companion Petit Paris Patisserie, provides a lovely experience of well-prepared dishes, beautifully presented, in which French cuisine is fused with locally sourced ingredients. The Boeuf Bourguignon continues to be a favorite, to which we added the Coquilles Saint Jacques at this past visit. A note is required to compliment the serving staff -- all of whom proved again to be quiet, observant, thoughtful, and prompt -- traits one can only wish for in service at other restaurants in West Omaha and which so enrich the fine dinner experience at Le Voltaire.Special Features:
- A special treatlonnDined on 9/26/2014This is where we choose to go for a special treat. Everything is well made and of excellent quality. Its a great place to celebrate the special moments.Special Features:
- Beef cheeks & escargotClementineDined on 9/25/2014A fine evening with wonderful treats. A calamari cold salad that was so tasty. A Bordeaux that fit with everything. And creme brûlée to top off the meal. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Repeat DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014My husband is still raving about his steak Diane and the Creme Brule is the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for a great priceHelenDined on 9/23/2014You must eat here. The prices are VERY reasonable for the quality of the food. The service is wonderful. They give you time between courses to relax. It is a very french dining experience. the wine list is fairly extensive and very reasonably priced as well. They also have wine and food events throughout the year.Special Features:
- BusterDined on 9/20/2014I have never been disappointed in the food, wine, or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumSkippymomDined on 9/20/2014These folks know how to cook, plate and serve outstanding food.Special Features:
- DinnerBarbVIPDined on 9/19/2014Dinner was excellent I had steak and crisp fries. My husband had one of the all time favorites Beef Burgundy. The chocolate bread pudding was excellent. Nick is the best, he is one of the reason's we keep coming back, plus the wonderful food.Special Features:
- OutstandingLincolniteDined on 9/19/2014The experience was outstanding. The food was the best I have ever had, the service was on-spot and friendly, and the surroundings cozy yet elegant. And the prices were affordable. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good Food - Excellent ValueUnie77Dined on 9/19/2014Very nice restaurant that would be fit for an occasion. Small and intimate open dining room and very good service. The confit emanadas needed more filling but had an excellent crust; great French Onion Soup, and a very competent entree (salmon). I'm sure that many other dishes were equally well done my food experience would rate Good+. Nice local eatery and better than many in most regards. Not the most inspired or superbly executed food to be had but the price/quality ratio is absolutely excellent! You will definitely get your monies worth at Le Voltaire.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service, Fantastic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Visited on a Friday during Omaha Restaurant Week. My wife had the French onion soup and petite sirloin. I had the beef cheeks, which I'd never had before so I've nothing to compare it to, but it was tender and delicious. Our server, Nick was very attentive, knowledgeable and helpful. When discussing the wine options, my wife mentioned we were headed to Napa Valley soon. Nick very graciously provided us with a list of his favorite Napa wineries. We had a great time, a great meal and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bite of FranceTimHVIPDined on 9/18/2014Le Voltaire makes us feel like we are back in Paris, even though it is located in a West Omaha strip mall. Because this was Omaha Restaurant Week we went with the fixed price special menu. The escargot (make sure you order it with cheese) and the French Onion soup are terrific. The salmon served in a parchment bag was delicious as the potatoes and brussel sprouts were done perfectly. My dining partner order the braised beef cheeks and thought the salmon was much better. The desserts (a caramel pot and a bread pudding) where just the right size and a perfect way to finish the meal. We went with the house red wine which was very very nice. Le Voltaire never disappoints and our server was efficient and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le Voltaire Shines in local diningTerryRDined on 9/18/2014I was able to enjoy dinner at Le Voltaire during Omaha Restaurant Week. For the first course I had the Brie with cranberries and apricots. It was divine and served warm on French bread . It was special. My second course was Lucky Bucket braised beef cheeks with vegetables and mashed potatoes! Think of it as the best pot roast you could have! My third course was bitterscotch pot du Creme with toasted pecans! The perfect ending to a lovely meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week menu not up to parTomJDined on 9/17/2014The restaurant skimped on the "restaurant week" menu. The escargot was not served in the normal fashion and the small salad that normally accompanies the main course was omitted. The food was good but not"special".Special Features:
- Great French FoodArtificeRuseDined on 9/13/2014Despite being in a strip mall, this place is really good. My fiancée went here to see what this place was like and to try one of Omaha's French Restaurants, I must say we were not disappointed. We really enjoyed everything about this place, and are planning to go back as much as possible. Our wait staff was really knowledgeable about the wine list and food served here. Le Voltaire is definitely worth try, and we will be returning.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerDougDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I celebrated her birthday at Le Voltaire. As usual the food and service were excellent. We had the veal scallopini and seafood stew. Both were superb. Will be back.Special Features:
- Nice EveningmtoolieDined on 9/13/2014Wonderful evening on our anniversary. Delicious food and excellent service. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodKathyDined on 9/5/2014Meal was great! Only comment.....Burger was ordered "Rare", but was served "Rare"! They took it back and was re-served as ordered!!Special Features:
- jpspDined on 9/3/2014Small restaurant tucked away in a strip mall. Although on this visit we used a Groupon on the last day without a reservation, the staff made sure to accoodate us. We always enjoy the food and the service is always wonderful.Special Features: