Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery
501 Hightower Church Road
Dahlonega, GA 30533Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.montaluce.com/dining_at_montaluce.html
- Phone: 7068674060x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday-Saturday 11AM-3PM
Brunch: Sunday 11AM-3PM
Dinner: Friday &Saturday-5:30PM-9PM (exception for special events)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Austin Rocconi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Weddings & Events from 5 people to 225 people to fit any budget!
- Entertainment: Music Sunday 1-4 In the Wine Tasting Room
- Special Events: Restaurant and Wine Tasting Room hours may be shortened for special/private events.
A word from Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery
Food culture is very important to the kitchen at Le Vigne Restaurant, more specifically, local food culture. We believe that food and the sharing of food builds community, especially if the food and wine that is shared is rooted within the community.That is why we not only produce wine from grapes grown in our own vineyard, but grow produce in our own organic garden on the property. What we don’t produce ourselves, we source from the local farms. We want to be able to provide our guests with local, sustainable foods as well as provide the local artisans and farmers an outlet for their hard work. At the beautiful Le Vigne Restaurant, situated high above the vineyards, guests will discover a dedication to honoring the flavors of our region throughout each of the four seasons in a menu that changes regularly to reflect the best of what is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery - Best Restaurants in Dahlonega ›
Le Vigne at Montaluce Winery reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (87)special occasion (69)great for outdoor dining (66)romantic (65)fit for foodies (54)great for lunch (47)great for brunch (46)good for groups (38)notable wine list (38)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014We have had brunch and dinner many times at Le Vigne food and wine is always excellent, try some different cheese and meats for appetizer and we have never had a bad meal there. We have sat out on the patio several times and the local musicians are great playing many accoustic gems which just make brunch that much better! I choose energetic as the noise level because we were out on the patio with live music but inside its pretty peaceful.Special Features:
- Less than an hour from home!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful setting, great menu. Farm to table. Service a little erratic, but pleasant. Overall- a lot of talk about how busy they were, although I don't think even half of the tables were seated. Definitely reminded me of Napa. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great viewBigwheelDined on 8/31/2014The view was terrific, we felt like we were in Tuscany. The scallops were wonderful, the type of meal you would want again and again. I would recommend the lamb.Special Features:
- Gorgeous outdoor dining experienceMichaelSDined on 8/22/2014A spectacular sunset over the vineyard served make our anniversary celebration dinner for two truly special and memorable. The deck was quiet and the service attentive. We enjoyed the LA Stella cab blend. I had the Short rib entrée, she had the scallops. We shared the heirloom tomato plate with blue our cheese, the Arugula salad (with shaved Gouda--our server's suggestion.) and the Pork Belly. #highlyrecommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Rainy Day LunchreladieDined on 8/20/2014We had some lovely cheese and procutto with our wine flight. Followed by a delicious lunch. I love how the menu changes every time we are there. Would love to see the flatbread pizzas to make a come back. The service was impeccable, very friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:
- Beautiful wineryLuv2dineDined on 8/17/2014I was not impressed by the restaurant at all. The prices were too high for low quality, and small portions of food. In addition, our server always seemed to be in a rush. On the other hand, the atmosphere is absolutely gorgeous. I recommend this place for wine and cheese only. Both the wine and cheeses were delightful. I'll definitely be back for that.Special Features:
- First timeBearCatDined on 8/17/2014This was out first time dining at Le Vigne ar Montaluce and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food was delicious, the scenery was beautiful, and the staff very friendly. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettyVIPDined on 8/15/2014What a surprise to find this elegant restaurant out in the middle of nowhere! It is in a gorgeous setting. The building is beautiful and the food outstanding. An altogethersuperb experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful lunch at La VigneFINEDININGCAPVIPDined on 8/15/2014Four of us dined at La Vigne on a Friday for lunch. Service was great, food was great. The only negative was a pesty fly who kept swarming around. Wish they could have figured out a way to get rid of that.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I took my mother here for a belated mother's day. We were both very impressed. The view from the dining room was awesome. Our meal was exceptional. I had the short rib and I wish I wasn't the driver because I really would have enjoyed another glass of their wine with my meal. It was an expensive afternoon but well worth it.Special Features:
- ExcellentPTH1Dined on 8/7/2014Wonderful time at Le Vigne. It has recently changed hands, but it was not noticeable based upon the excellent food and service. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pastoral Taste Treategluv2dineDined on 8/5/2014A Tenuta in Tuscany re-created in Georgia, Monteluce has been tastefully and elegantly constructed to give the impression of a hill town in Tuscany and is succeeding quite well to be as young as it is. We did not have time to enjoy the Tasting Room but our waiter was generous to let us sample and choose a lovely Accompniment for our delicious lunch. The staff was most welcoming and we look forward to a return visit. After having trekked through the French, Italian, Californian, and Oregon vineyards, it is wonderful to have one that is so lovely on our doorstep!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Le VigneBrantDined on 8/3/2014It was worth the long drive for a lovely lunch with scenic view.Special Features:
- awesome food and viewtammyDined on 8/2/2014Le Vigne was above a 5. Food was great and the view looking at hills and vines was spectacular. Service was excellent. Would definitely go back. It is wonderful for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DutchieDined on 7/31/2014Can really recomend this place: High quality, fresh food, well prepared and served in a way you would expect at a star restaurant. Portion was plenty for me but is smaller than average American size plates. But that should not bother you as the quality is really best I have had in the Atlanta areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor dining experienceBugsyDined on 7/26/2014A great location for outdoor dining. While a little pricey, the food is excellent and the ambience is superb. Make sure to get reservations even for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014We were in the area and decided to eat here. We sat outside on the patio and the view was outstanding. The staff was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a scenic lunchLovemywineDined on 7/25/2014Lunch with friends, great service, interesting and tasty food. Good wine. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Lovely AfternoonfreshfoodieDined on 7/20/2014Visited this past Sunday. There was a singing duo outside on the porch, singing lovely folk type 70's and some 80's songs...right up our alley!The service was quite slow but we let it slide. Unfortunately, our meals arrived and they got our orders mixed up. Unfortunately again, our server didn't return after the food was set down for probably 15-20 more minutes. All the while the food was getting cold and we were getting antsy. We were both hungry but unable to eat the food due to rareness preferences of my friend. Long story short, the manager did credit our tab for 2 drinks and they corrected their mistake, remaking one of our meals. It was delicious! So good and fresh! The presentation and flavors were top notch and definitely gourmet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunchsaluda26Dined on 7/20/2014The food, service and view are out of this world. Great place for Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- The best place in North Georgia!VovoVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been to Montaluce many times, and each time our experience gets better! Thee food is of the highest quality, imaginatively prepared and artistically presented by a friendly and competent wait staff. We never feel hurried and have often lingered over coffee or another glass of wine, enjoying the lovely sight of the vineyard in the foreground and the mountains in the background. Definitely a destination restaurant!Special Features:
- "FOODIE" Hidden Gem!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014I highly recommend for food, wine and service! The views and facility are stunning. The chef has been trained by some of the Top Chefs in Atlanta. The food quality, preparation and presentation would be worthy of a "Mobile" 4 Star rating.Special Features:
- Never failsnosnedDined on 7/17/2014First time we had lunch during the week and thought it would be very quiet...lots of interesting people.............Special Features:
- Chill HillChristopherMDined on 7/12/2014On our third trip to the Restaurant and surrounding vineyards and we continue to enjoy it more each time. We Arrived for a late lunch at 1pm and sampled the available wines prior, during and after. My compliments to The Chef, Wait Staff, Wine Station Staff and overall management for a well organized, premium level service, presentations and exceptional selections of foods and fresh vegetables, herbs, fruits, etc. During this particular trip we struck up a conversation with a visiting couple, The O'Sullivans, and invited them to our table since our original guest could not make it for the day. A great time was had by all and of course we will see you again soon. Cheers and Toasts to Good times at Montaluce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceCurseMaxwellDined on 7/11/2014The food was amazing. The wine was delicious. We dined outside and the view overlooking the vineyard was beautiful. An excellent experience that I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended, Worth the driveOnTheHuntDined on 7/11/2014Great food, service and ambiance! And of course the wine was pared perfectly. Fresh organic vegetables from their own garden.Special Features:
- LovelyDavidVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great spot with a fantastic view, great food and good wine.Special Features:
- Wonderful change of pacelovediningoutVIPDined on 7/4/2014This is a wonderful restaurant in a beautiful setting overlooking the vineyards. The food is excellent as was the service. It was a relaxing and lovely place for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agradable y romántico restaurant.montana77Dined on 7/1/2014Un buen lugar para una cita ó alguna ocasión especial. El ambiente es tranquilo con una vista a los viñedos. No espere abundancia en los platillos por que es gourmet; espere calidad y buen servicio. Existen dos zonas para deleitarse con la comida mientras disfruta de un aromatizante vino si así lo desea, dentro y fuera del restaurant, si es verano le recomiendo dentro pues las moscas hacen de las suyas y es incomodo. Disfrute de frutas y verduras del propio jardín.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealSteveDined on 6/28/2014Great setting, great service, outstanding meal. Continues to be a favorite dining destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. Antoine W. KeithramkthDined on 6/28/2014I've been before and I enjoyed it so much! It was such a pleasure to share it with my husband. He really enjoyed the food and the environment!!! Great! Great! Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Romantic dining experience. Foodies and wine lovers delight! Not a bad day trip from Atl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terapinmanDined on 6/22/2014We were very happy regarding our dining experience . Presentation was great. Food was flavorful, Portions were filling-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance is great!!FrizzleDined on 6/21/2014The ambiance is nice while eating and looking at the vineyards. I liked the variety of cheeses on a stone slab. I was glad I could bring my wine tasting experiment to my dining room table. The service was outstanding always coming to our table if we were satisfied with our food and asking if we needed anything else.Special Features:
- A very special place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014I like to warn my guests that if we blindfolded them abd dropped them into Le Vigne they would think they were in Tuscany, not North georgia. This is a beautiful restaurant with equally good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very elegant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014This restaurant has a beautiful setting. The chef did an excellent job with all of our food choices and the presentation was awesome. Finally, the wait staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very nice!KathyVIPDined on 6/20/2014What a pleasant surprise - food was outstanding, service attentive and friendly. Highly recommend and will be back.Special Features:
- TransportedurbestgirlfriendDined on 6/20/201460 minutes from Atlanta, we were transported to another land. Delighted to dine alfresco in full view of the vineyard, a lovely pond and distant mountains, we noticed several couples celebrating special occasions, and a large table of ladies clearly enjoying the elegance indoors. A classic yet casual dining experience with the freshest farm-to-table greens, we each had a glass of wine and shared three salad plates, a perfect ladies lunch. Our servers were well trained and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!PeachVIPDined on 6/20/2014When you talk about ambience, Montaluce is definitely five stars. To top it all off, the food is absolutely delicious and plated beautifully. A very special expience!!Special Features:
- PatrickDined on 6/19/2014We have been there several times and have never been disappointed. The service is absolutely outstanding as is the food itself. I think we have had every item on the menu and all are excellent. We always bring friends with us and they are always impressed and want to go back there when they visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.